Post Reply 335 posts
What bands can be ruled out for 2014?
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2014?

by markku1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:22 am

Vomitory already Out and now Also Asphyx and HOF/GSBC so nothing to me next year onboard
    xhead
    Crewman

by xhead » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:08 am

Which douchebag have done the Amon Amarth booking?

Jan - 26th Fort Lauderdale... the Day of the Beach Warm Up... stupid.... :evil:
    Jan - 25th Tampa ... the Day of the Warm up of the Beach Warm Up... stupid....stupid... :evil:
    Jan - 27th Orlando ...... stupid....stupid...stupid... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: - or is there a bar on MOTS called "Orlando" :lol:
    2nd Cruise
    Deck2
    Arrival: ???
    Hotel ???
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:35 pm

xhead wrote:Which douchebag have done the Amon Amarth booking?

Jan - 26th Fort Lauderdale... the Day of the Beach Warm Up... stupid.... :evil:

Actually, it looks like over a hundred of us are going to that show. We've got buses, strippers and everything. :cool:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    xhead
    Crewman

by xhead » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Sounds pretty cool :shred: :shred:
    But - when does the Bus leave? In the evening - will the bus catch us at the beach? Where can we book :roll: :roll:
    2nd Cruise
    Deck2
    Hotel ???
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:33 pm

xhead wrote:Sounds pretty cool :shred: :shred:
    But - when does the Bus leave? In the evening - will the bus catch us at the beach? Where can we book :roll: :roll:

Ask Joey (StainedClass). He organized the thing on the facebook group. I think there's a waiting list... And you'd also have to get your ticket for the AA show.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:35 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    xhead wrote:Sounds pretty cool :shred: :shred:

Ask Joey (StainedClass). He organized the thing on the facebook group. I think there's a waiting list... And you'd also have to get your ticket for the AA show.

Hai.
    Yeah the waiting list for the buses is 50+ long right now but it's still worth getting on because the 220 on the list for the buses are probably not all going to be reliable. You still have to get tickets from ticketmaster. Send me a PM or find me on facebook.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:52 pm

And remember that it is a small venue.
    Tickets should sell out
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    xhead
    Crewman

by xhead » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:37 pm

You'Re right, no tix available, seams like sold out :evil:
    2nd Cruise
    Deck2
    Hotel ???
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:43 am

xhead wrote:You'Re right, no tix available, seams like sold out :evil:

I had the same problem. Try this link, it worked for me this morning when I bought my tickets, which I can assure you have not sold out yet.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/amon-amarth ... 2BEAC1B023
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Metal1529
    Oiler

by Metal1529 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:18 am

cowboy71 wrote:TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA can be ruled out. Touring Europe at the time:

Please tell me that was never actually an option? Christian metal? No thanks.

I went to see them live once, and felt like I'd been trapped in a Christian parable of some kind. The religious overtones were a little nauseating. Found out since that their writer/composer says things in interviews like "god writes our stories". I really, really wish I'd researched them a little bit better before. I'd have left but I was with family who wanted to stay.
    Survivor:
    70K 2013 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578
    70K 2014 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578

Wish list: Rhapsody of Fire, LT's Rhapsody, Heidevolk, In Extremo, Dragonforce, Seventh Wonder, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:36 am

markku1 wrote:Vomitory already Out and now Also Asphyx and HOF/GSBC so nothing to me next year onboard

Wait, what? :shock:

Although I don't think Hail of Bullets, Asphyx or Grand Supreme Blood Court - or any old school death metal band for that matter - would be appreciated on 70k. There were, what, thirty people watching Immolation on pool deck? :cry:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:33 am

Immolation also played at like 3:30 in the morning.
    That did play into the lack of people their
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:46 am

Metal1529 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA can be ruled out. Touring Europe at the time:

I went to see them live once, and felt like I'd been trapped in a Christian parable of some kind. The religious overtones were a little nauseating. Found out since that their writer/composer says things in interviews like "god writes our stories". I really, really wish I'd researched them a little bit better before. I'd have left but I was with family who wanted to stay.

Really? I never really noticed that when I saw them. They did a story about Beethoven when I saw them. I know they have a couple albums about christmas, but I just looked up a couple interviews and he never really mentioned anything like that.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:48 am

Memnoch wrote:
    markku1 wrote:Vomitory already Out and now Also Asphyx and HOF/GSBC so nothing to me next year onboard

Wait, what? :shock:

Although I don't think Hail of Bullets, Asphyx or Grand Supreme Blood Court - or any old school death metal band for that matter - would be appreciated on 70k. There were, what, thirty people watching Immolation on pool deck? :cry:

Jep Ville HOB is a gig in switzerland weekend befor 70k
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:09 am

Azazel101 wrote:Immolation also played at like 3:30 in the morning.
    That did play into the lack of people their

Immolation's 1st set was at 1:00 in the lounge...the problem was that it was directly after Metal Church's 1st set on the pool deck, and Metal Church ended about 25 minutes late.
    xhead
    Crewman

by xhead » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:58 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Metal1529 wrote:

Really? I never really noticed that when I saw them. They did a story about Beethoven when I saw them. I know they have a couple albums about christmas, but I just looked up a couple interviews and he never really mentioned anything like that.

I agree - where is it christian or "white" metal. Ok, the story is mostly....a little .... trivial or schmaltzy :lol: :lol: :lol:
    But the songwriting is pretty often comparable to Savatage stuff, the performace is awesome and the show is fantastic. Saw them twice in the US, once in Germany and looking farward to this winter, when they will return the second time to Europe :-) OK, it´s not Metal but it´s much better than many other things in that "size" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    2nd Cruise
    Deck2
    Hotel ???
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:08 pm

^and they always play a Savatage song or 2 :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:35 pm

TSO is not christian. They write a heck of a lot of christmas based music so of course Jebus is going to come into it, but they ain't Christian.

Not that there is anything wrong with that anyway. Living Sacrifice, Tourniquet, Believer, Mortification, Seventh Angel - all Christian bands, and all bands I'd love to be on 70k :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Pungent Stench is out, they are playing a US exclusive show at MDF next year. I'm sure US includes 70k, right? :?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Stained Class wrote:Pungent Stench is out, they are playing a US exclusive show at MDF next year. I'm sure US includes 70k, right? :?

Same thing with MDB. Looks like ill be heading to MDF now :shock:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Actually sounds like 70K doesn't count as US since it says "MY DYING BRIDE (UK) - Exclusive US appearance and first US show since 1997"
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Yea I was thinking that too. Its happened with other festivals and bands too. Since MDB had to back out of Metaldays this year, id jump at the chance to see them and Candlemass again.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:39 pm

Wehrmacht can be un-ruled-out as they have cancelled their Euro tour:

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de ... wsid=96290
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:29 am

Oh you can also rule out Heidevolk, cause they told me. (Besides that, they also played last year, so it seems very unlikely that they will be asked by umc anyway..)
    www.metal-exposure.com
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:39 pm

Stained Class wrote:Pungent Stench is out, they are playing a US exclusive show at MDF next year. I'm sure US includes 70k, right? :?

Technically 70K is held in international waters so is it considered a US show? :?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Azazel101 wrote:

Technically 70K is held in international waters so is it considered a US show? :?

I think the first band to play would technically be a US show as they start not long after we leave so would probably still be playing in US waters.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:26 am

Kamelot can be ruled out now.
    70k Survivor-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:41 pm

ravenous wrote:Kamelot can be ruled out now.

No shit, Sherlock. :P :mrgreen:

--
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:53 am

well Red Fang can be ruled out ... Touring Europe during the cruise http://www.redfang.net/live.html

damn I would of liked to have seen them on the ship :cry:
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:46 pm

¬_¬ KAMELOT
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:58 am

So, Mayan (and obviously Epica) are ruled out: http://www.mezz.nl/programma/ (Jan 30th a gig in Breda).
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:40 am

Bugger :( Wishlist band ruled out :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:17 am

Same for me. And it seems they have another date in the Netherlands for that week (at Tivoli in Utrecht), so the date isn't any mistake either. Let's just hope the support isn't ReVamp.
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:10 am

Memnoch wrote:Same for me. And it seems they have another date in the Netherlands for that week (at Tivoli in Utrecht), so the date isn't any mistake either. Let's just hope the support isn't ReVamp.

Given that I'd heard from the grapevine that ReVamp are(were?) *MEANT* to be on, it would be just about cancellationville if that happened!!!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:18 pm

damn, would have loved mayan. :cry:
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:36 pm

At this point, we will be lucky to have 13 bands.

I wish i had the cash for 2013 instead of this mess.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    rflores
    Oiler

by rflores » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:48 am

I posted on facebook yesterday .. I was talking with the guys with battlecross..here on houston texas.. They are on tour with deathangel and 3inches of blood.. They said they would love to play in 70k but they werent invited ...yet .. :pound:
      WISHLIST:
    AGALLOCH NEGURA BUNGET ROTTING CHRIST PENTAGRAM MARDUK INQUISITION DARK FUNERAL CANDLEMASS TAAKE

70K 2013 , 70K 2014,70K 2015
    MDF 2014 MDF 2015
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:54 am

rflores wrote:I posted on facebook yesterday .. I was talking with the guys with battlecross..here on houston texas.. They are on tour with deathangel and 3inches of blood.. They said they would love to play in 70k but they werent invited ...yet .. :pound:

I'll be seeing them next Tuesday. Hope there will be more information then.
    rflores
    Oiler

by rflores » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:37 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    rflores wrote:I posted on facebook yesterday .. I was talking with the guys with battlecross..here on houston texas.. They are on tour with deathangel and 3inches of blood.. They said they would love to play in 70k but they werent invited ...yet .. :pound:

I'll be seeing them next Tuesday. Hope there will be more information then.

they started really early .. so check time with your venues dont wana miss them.. and honestly i think this guys (battlecross) :metalguy: put on a very good show from the rest, then second best show deathangel... :metalguy:
      WISHLIST:
    AGALLOCH NEGURA BUNGET ROTTING CHRIST PENTAGRAM MARDUK INQUISITION DARK FUNERAL CANDLEMASS TAAKE

70K 2013 , 70K 2014,70K 2015
    MDF 2014 MDF 2015
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:01 am

Battlecross is most likely out.

Miss May I and Battlecross have been added as support to Killswitch Engage and Trivium‘s previously announced February UK tour. Dates for that run include:

02/01 Manchester, UK – Manchester Academy
    02/02 London, UK – Brixton O2 Academy
    02/03 Newcastle, UK – Academy
    02/04 Glasgow, UK – Glasgow O2 Academy
    02/06 Birmingham, UK – Birmingham O2 Academy
    02/07 Southampton, UK – Guildhall
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
Post Reply 335 posts