Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Re: Only Your Dead And Lifeless CARCASS Will Return!

by X-Thor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:14 am

jodionline wrote:Another week and nothing new. Nothing has changed. :cry:

All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:07 pm

I wonder what is going on with the destination voting?

145 days to go, no news on the voting yet.... And you would assume that voting would have to stay open for several weeks to give everyone a chance to vote.

Royal Caribbean would not like not knowing where the Majesty is sailing to, surely? They would need plenty of time to ensure there was a berth available, and all the other logistics involved.

Someone mentioned maybe there is an issue with Majesty? Maybe RC want to retire her a bit earlier?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:42 pm

I'm actually getting a little bit worried here, my fourth payment is coming up soon and even though it's my third cruise, things have never been so uncertain... I understand Andy's way of doing business, but we have to book our flights and rooms, and it's not refundable. I would like to go the X-Thor's way and just be like "It's going to happen, no worries", but this time around I'm not as confident... :?
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:56 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I wonder what is going on with the destination voting?

145 days to go, no news on the voting yet.... And you would assume that voting would have to stay open for several weeks to give everyone a chance to vote.

Royal Caribbean would not like not knowing where the Majesty is sailing to, surely? They would need plenty of time to ensure there was a berth available, and all the other logistics involved.

Someone mentioned maybe there is an issue with Majesty? Maybe RC want to retire her a bit earlier?

Maybe they'll rig the voting... :shock:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:36 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I wonder what is going on with the destination voting?

Maybe they'll rig the voting... :shock:

We can all vote but there's only one choice :lol:

Can't wait to see how long it takes to announce the results of our voting once complete. :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:03 pm

I know they have to port to resupply us drinking motherfuckers oh and food and shit like that, but I wouldn't mind shooting out as far as we can into the ocean and turn around and make it back :smash: :shots: :pound: :cheers: :beerhorns: :cheers:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:54 am

cowboy71 wrote:Someone mentioned maybe there is an issue with Majesty? Maybe RC want to retire her a bit earlier?

Unlikely, as I could find trips with Majesty on the RCCL website until April 2015, so we might even get an extra year with her.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:37 am

Good point Speedy! And I do notice there is a gap in the options for Majesty, for the week of 70k 2014, too.

We've had 14 bands added so far. Last year at this date we had one more, but we didn't get our next announcement until September 26th.

So while I'd love to have an announcement NOW on one hand, on the other hand I would not be surprised if we don't hear anything for another few weeks yet....

But the 'radio silence' lasted only two months last year - from 28th July to 26th September.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:58 am

that's the hurry to sell why bands were announced so early .. but true.. at this point the number of bands known maybe were the same as last year.. well they may be more constant about keep customers informed
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:05 pm

It would be nice if/when the next announcement comes, we get an explanation of why there has been this huge period of silence.

History tells me this isn't gonna happen, but it would be nice :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Yep - 'tis mystifying!

Gee whiz - I'm not even going on 70K 2014 and I'm really jonesing for an announcement :P - partly cuz I know many of yous guys & gals and wish the best for ya...plus, I miss the post-announcement yay-nay banter and all that good stuff. To quote Kurt Cobain, (Andy:).... here we are now, ENTERTAIN US!! :beerwink:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:29 am

cowboy71 wrote:It would be nice if/when the next announcement comes, we get an explanation of why there has been this huge period of silence.

Yeah, you're hoping for way too much! :P
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:37 am

I'm thinking of booking my flights, since I'd get them for 540 euros atm. Would be nice to hear something from UMC before that!

:bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:22 am

Memnoch wrote:I'm thinking of booking my flights, since I'd get them for 540 euros atm. Would be nice to hear something from UMC before that!

yarr
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:24 am

Memnoch wrote:I'm thinking of booking my flights, since I'd get them for 540 euros atm. Would be nice to hear something from UMC before that!

That's... really cheap. Buy dem tix!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Well, MDF just announced Tankard, Candlemass and Ulver for a show that doesn't happen for over 7 months. Let's see UMC top that! I think its about damn time we see something on here. :cool:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:52 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Well, MDF just announced Tankard, Candlemass and Ulver for a show that doesn't happen for over 7 months. Let's see UMC top that! I think its about damn time we see something on here. :cool:

The MDF line up is AMAZING. They tell you when they are going to have announcements. They tell you when a band is ruled out. Steady stream of clear cut information. A large chunk of the line up announced before the tickets even go on sale (with early bird option that I was able to pick up a ticket). If they could just figure out better options for location it would be well, the best North America has to offer and show up even the Euro fests. The only Euro fest that is comparable at this point line up wise in the past year was Neurotic Deathfest and the line up isn't even done yet.

Hey Andy, this is what our line up should look like. Get to fucking work.

SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:54 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Well, MDF just announced Tankard, Candlemass and Ulver for a show that doesn't happen for over 7 months. Let's see UMC top that! I think its about damn time we see something on here. :cool:

The MDF line up is AMAZING. They tell you when they are going to have announcements. They tell you when a band is ruled out. Steady stream of clear cut information. A large chunk of the line up announced before the tickets even go on sale (with early bird option that I was able to pick up a ticket). If they could just figure out better options for location it would be well, the best North America has to offer and show up even the Euro fests. The only Euro fest that is comparable at this point line up wise in the past year was Neurotic Deathfest and the line up isn't even done yet.

Hey Andy, this is what our line up should look like. Get to fucking work.

Exactly, MDF so far is the only U.S. fest that can compare with the European ones (I always thought 70k was a Euro-ish fest, never thought it was U.S.) Yes, Marlo, one reason I am attending MDF is because of the awesome communication. I'm glad they announced that Empereor is not going to make it, it greatly saves time on wishing for something that isn't going to happen. How friggin' hard is that a thing to do!? :bitch:

The only Ero fests that are really catching my eye is the Headgangers Open Air, because mainly Dark Angel and Toxik are playing that. If I wasn't booked on 70k greatly hoping those bands will be announced, then I would spend my money on that one. More thrash = more awesome!!
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:52 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:It would be nice if/when the next announcement comes, we get an explanation of why there has been this huge period of silence.

Yeah, you're hoping for way too much! :P

Yeah you're hoping for way too much (talking about a next announcement)
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:58 am

it might seem weird to bring this conversation back to Carcass... but Surgical Steel is surprisingly good and definitely silences any doubts I had
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:55 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:it might seem weird to bring this conversation back to Carcass... but Surgical Steel is surprisingly good and definitely silences any doubts I had

I agree with you. It is weird to bring this back to Carcass AND it is a surprisingly good album. :headbanger:

--
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:30 am

I'm hoping all of this is caused by major negotiations/contracts with many of the bands that just played the euro-fests. And, I'm glad that MDF is 45 minutes away from my doorstep.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:42 am

--
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Our newest forum member is Deicide. Welcome! :deathmetal:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:34 am

X-Thor wrote:Image

:headbanger:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Aaron was online briefly a moment ago - good to see at least SOMEONE from UMC is logging in occasionally still :)

Also bit of recent news in relation to 70K:

http://www.metalfromfinland.com/news/20 ... oming_tour
    Swallow The Sun wrote:"Unfortunately Kai (Hahto) is unable to do the Morning Never Came anniversary gigs this fall, but on short notice we managed to get hold of a fantastic drummer, Juuso Raatikainen, to fill Kai's giant shoes for these shows. Kai will be back on his throne for the 70,000 Tons of Metal and Mexican shows. See you soon on the road people!"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:46 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Aaron was online briefly a moment ago - good to see at least SOMEONE from UMC is logging in occasionally still :)

Also bit of recent news in relation to 70K:

http://www.metalfromfinland.com/news/20 ... oming_tour
    Swallow The Sun wrote:"Unfortunately Kai (Hahto) is unable to do the Morning Never Came anniversary gigs this fall, but on short notice we managed to get hold of a fantastic drummer, Juuso Raatikainen, to fill Kai's giant shoes for these shows. Kai will be back on his throne for the 70,000 Tons of Metal and Mexican shows. See you soon on the road people!"

Yay some kind of news!

Aaron is back online. Cleaning up the broads for when Andy comes home to post an announcement for us? Yes? Yessss? Pllleeeeeeeaaasseee?
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:49 pm

vikingbitch wrote: Aaron is cleaning up the broads for when Andy comes home

I ain't gonna touch that one :mrgreen:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:09 pm

meshuggah wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:14 pm

meshuggah wrote:

That's what HE said. :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Someone posted this on the Carcass announcement discussion over on the official 70k Facebook page a few hours ago.

blah blah blah wrote:Me: What is the return policy should 70000 Tons of Metal not book enough bands or should the cruise be cancelled all together?

Hi David,

Thanks for writing to us!

We appreciate your concern!

Let me reassure you this; in January you'll be on board the Majesty of the Seas along with 40 metal bands and 2000 other headbangers on the voyage of a lifetime!

We have never had an event where we had less than 40 bands on the bill.

Furthermore we are NOT cancelling the event under any circumstances!

Theoretically, if such a catastrophe were to happen we would refund you. Here is the excerpt from our Ticketing Contract:

"12. Cancellation of the Cruise
    Royal Caribbean has reserved, in paragraph 6 of the Royal Caribbean Ticket Contract,
    the right to cancel the Cruise, and by extension the Ticket Contract at the port of
    embarkation or at any time during the voyage. If the Cruise is canceled completely prior
    to embarkation, each Guest shall receive a refund of his or her passage fare paid. If the
    Cruise is canceled during the voyage, each Guest shall receive a refund of a
    proportionate part of his or her passage fare paid. UMCruises shall have no further
    liability for damages or compensation of any kind."

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,

Me: So, even if the full 40 bands are not booked, the cruise will still happen?

70000tons:

Hi David,

Yes the cruise will still happen.

Once again; we will have AT LEAST 40 bands. If you check our previous cruises you'll see that we often have 41 or 42 bands booked.

Don't worry, we'll have the lineup filled out by the time we sail.

Cheers,
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:30 am

Will we get an announcement on lucky Friday the 13th or does he hold off till the Dragon Lords birthday?
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:31 am

Azazel101 wrote:Will we get an announcement on lucky Friday the 13th or does he hold off till the Dragon Lords birthday?

Maybe he is holding out for the four month anniversary of the Carcass announcement?? :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:12 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:Will we get an announcement on lucky Friday the 13th or does he hold off till the Dragon Lords birthday?

Maybe he is holding out for the four month anniversary of the Carcass announcement?? :lol:

I hope he is not holding out for the four anniversary of the cruise
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:15 am

Captain Alex wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

I hope he is not holding out for the four anniversary of the cruise

:lol: :lol:

--
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:32 pm

133 days until we sail, 121 days since the Carcass announcement. So by the weekend the number of days until we sail, will be LESS than the number of days since the last band was added.

So on the brightside, after sunday we know we won't have to wait this long until the NEXT announcement LOL!!! :lol: :roll: :cry:

Prior to this, the biggest silence was back early last year - 75 days between announcing that 2012 merch was available (10th Feb) and the 'are you ready for round 3' announce (27th April).

(even during the big 100 day band drought for Barge, there were a couple of official non-announcements from UMC to break it up).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:57 am

cowboy71 wrote:announcing that 2012 merch was available (10th Feb)

Speaking of merch, the maintenance break for the merch store seems to be a tad long too. Apparently it'll be online "soon".
    I want to buy the 2013 shirt for my nephew as when we went to buy one on the boat, they were all out of the smaller sizes.
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:36 am

I say a huge "+1" to everything gnoff just said ^ there!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:46 am

+1 for Njoffi from me too! :beerwink:

Aah, I booked my flights today. 540 euros round-trip, not bad.
    Wishlist:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:30 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I say a huge "+1" to everything gnoff just said ^ there!!!

yay, I get a +1 :viking:

A humongous +2 from both wife and me!
Post Reply 4744 posts