Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

Re: 2014 Destination Vote On Now!

by D.T. Metal » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:16 am

Jöhn&Melönius wrote:It's tied right now and me, Mel and our two friends have yet to vote. Mels worried CM will be hot as fuck. Actually she wants to go to Freeport hoping the boat won't be so windy if we're not cranking full speed to get there.

I don't know with the wind. When we went to Nassau (Barge) is was much colder and windier then when we traveled to the Turks. I don't think it has anything to do with the speed of the ship but rather outside temps ???
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:38 pm

All the people crying there will be two ships already on Grand Turks - one will be there 08:00-13:00 and the other 12:00-19:00. Going by common sense, if one leaves at 13:00, it means people will board it a lot sooner, and if one arrives at 12:00, people will go ashore a lot later. Which means plenty of time for metalheads to get to "premium" beach / drinking spots.

PS: Andy, get Accept!!!!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:56 pm

It looks like a very close race between Cockburn Town and Costa Maya. But just a little over half of our passengers have voted in the 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Destination campaign yet.

Are you still undecided? VOTE NOW! Remember, voting ends Monday October 14th at 11:59PM EST.

To see the current standings of the vote, follow this link:

http://www.70000tons.com/vote-results/
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:26 pm

So let me get this straight...we're not long overdue for a band announcement? I'm trying not to :bitch: , but in 6 days it'll be exactly four months since our last one, and many people have a problem with that and for good reason.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:03 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:So let me get this straight...we're not long overdue for a band announcement? I'm trying not to :bitch: , but in 6 days it'll be exactly four months since our last one, and many people have a problem with that and for good reason.

Actually, it will be FIVE months. This is pathetic. It's another 3 weeks of avoiding making another band announcement.

This is bad for the bands as well, since when a band I don't know is announced, I will buy a couple of CDs (or pay for some downloads) to familiarize myself with them...and if I like their material, I'll buy more of their catalogue. I'm sure many others do the same thing.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:16 pm

NuuX wrote:All the people crying there will be two ships already on Grand Turks - one will be there 08:00-13:00 and the other 12:00-19:00. Going by common sense, if one leaves at 13:00, it means people will board it a lot sooner, and if one arrives at 12:00, people will go ashore a lot later. Which means plenty of time for metalheads to get to "premium" beach / drinking spots.

PS: Andy, get Accept!!!!

Picture this: We've taken over the beach on Grand Turk, and the next boat arrives. The tourists come off their boat, look at the beach, and are horrified! It will be the battle of the BLACK SHIRTS vs. the BLUE HAIRS! This would be priceless! VOTE COCKBURN TOWN!
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Yes, I was hoping for a much better announcement but I guess I will take what I can get.
    All most better than silence
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:36 pm

I haven't voted yet.
    Turks will have 3 ships docking., One leaves at 1pm, one at 6pm.

So really only 2 ships( unless folks are going for the excursions early in the morning, then it will be busy)

This is the other ship:

http://mycarnivalfantasy.com/

If all else fails, hopefully the gorgeous female dancers from this ship will come party with us!

:beerwink:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:47 pm

turk got my vote, I chose based on not getting asked to buy anything, unlike all the rest of the ports ,we paid some guy to use his guitar and " the Irish " played slayer and drew a crowd of locals :chug:
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:09 am

Come on people! Dont vote for that tourist trap Costa Maya!! Cockburn is the way to go!
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
  • Ripley
    Crewman

by Ripley » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:00 am

epartos wrote:Come on people! Dont vote for that tourist trap Costa Maya!! Cockburn is the way to go!

I fully support this 100% :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns:
    Give us rum instead of tequila. :bangers:

Common people, the undecided should vote for Cockburn :D

Cheerio Ripley

from fucking rainy hell Hannover :mrgreen:
    I space no one can hear you scream

Wishlist for 70000 tons 2014: Dark Fortress, Satyricon, Marduk, Dimmu Borgir, Cripper, God Seed, Skeletonwitch, Necrophobic, Belphegor, Skalmöld, Endstille, Cannibal Corpse, Cattle Decapitation, King Diamond
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:10 am

Ya know, I love the idea of climbing the ruins of Kohunlich in Costa Maya, looking back towards the sea and seeing our boat
    docked there in the distance, that would make some classic metal pose/pics for the 70k page and personal fun.

:boobs:

I also love to add to my Mayan/Aztec wall collection back home, so I'm more than keen to bust a nut on Costa!!

Wish list 2020: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond, Churchburn, Devin Townsend, Amorphis, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:20 am

Actually....I meant to say the other Mayan ruins....with the view!

Wish list 2020: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond, Churchburn, Devin Townsend, Amorphis, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:22 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zDc-Hhp9Uww#t=73

I'm sure plenty of had a look already.

You can even do Google Maps street/ground view right up to any of these ruins!!

Last edited by Cardest on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:36 am

Grrr SO I read a little further and see that Chaccobhen is around 2hrs drive from the port. Holy Crow!!

I wonder how much time on the ground we will all get there.
    If the cruise is on time, I guess several hours like the last time, on Turks. Caymans, we arrived late.

much to ponder.

Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:41 am

Ok I will stop babbling on....
    At least we have snorkeling there in CM!

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:50 am

Kamelot dropped off 70k... I know some of you are fans
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:11 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:Kamelot dropped off 70k... I know some of you are fans

Seriously? If true, I'm sure it's because Andy had ignored them and any of their attempt at communication. I've heard from a few bands I've personally spoken with...that they have tried to reach out to Andy, and have been ignored. If this trend continues, ALOT of people...bands and customers...will be ignoring Andy in the future.

What a HORRIBLY run business!
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:14 am

Good :cool:

As long as we don't get an even more gayer band in return for it :roll: :P
    www.metal-exposure.com
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:25 am

Jaimie38 wrote:I haven't voted yet.
    Turks will have 3 ships docking., One leaves at 1pm, one at 6pm.

So really only 2 ships( unless folks are going for the excursions early in the morning, then it will be busy)

This is the other ship:

http://mycarnivalfantasy.com/

If all else fails, hopefully the gorgeous female dancers from this ship will come party with us!

:beerwink:

The Carnival Fantasy is a small ship--2060 capacity, so small like ours. They're will not be 6000 people trying to use the beach and bars.
    :trashdrink:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:39 am

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I think "pernonal scheduling conflicts" sounds a lot like "we got an offer that will pay us significantly more money".
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:05 am

I guess that technically qualifies as a band announcement :roll:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:43 am

Kamelot mentioned they contacted UMC at least 4 times "weeks and weeks ago" , so keeping them on the band list is kinda shady . Trying to still get Kamelot fans to book or not cancel. Until UMC makes their official no Kamelot announcement it still doesn't count as one :) . Sure looks bad if we wait over 5 months for a band announcement and the 1st one is a cancel. Even with so many not fans of Kamelot it still adds to the already overboard panic that has been spreading. Only 13 bands now :(
    70k Survivor-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:28 pm

If it's true, that the first band has had to cancel, I find this quite sad, especially because it's a band which my girlfriend likes a little bit.

I can understand that there are situations in life exist where it's much more important than, for example, the organization a festival or work. But slowly I can not understand the procedure, from UMC.

Do you really want to annoy your customers and even bands? Have you no longer need or what's going on?

This makes me much more skeptical than before the last trip. If that should no longer be so great as this year, I'll probably think about it more thoroughly in the next year, if I book again, especially as the competing offer is indeed risen. UMC is not alone. The others are catching up and if your are not careful, then you will probably overtaken and after that, you only history. :evil:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:44 pm

jodionline wrote:If it's true, that the first band has had to cancel, I find this quite sad, especially because it's a band which my girlfriend likes a little bit.

I can understand that there are situations in life exist where it's much more important than, for example, the organization a festival or work. But slowly I can not understand the procedure, from UMC.

Do you really want to annoy your customers and even bands? Have you no longer need or what's going on?

This makes me much more skeptical than before the last trip. If that should no longer be so great as this year, I'll probably think about it more thoroughly in the next year, if I book again, especially as the competing offer is indeed risen. UMC is not alone. The others are catching up and if your are not careful, then you will probably overtaken and after that, you only history. :evil:

UMC is a total desorganization and a taunt facing the customers this year! I was expecting for the same quality level of bands and servicie to the customers than the past years but this is totally diferent..

..we aren't even near to know the half of lineup and the date when they'll start to apply stupid fees to change passengers' data is already knoking the door.. they never lose, but the service is awful

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:23 pm

My condolences to the Kamelot fans, I know I'd be pissed as all living hell if it had been a band I had been really excited for (ugh, Hypocrisy cancellation memories... that SUCKED) and had it been the like of Carcass in their shoes and cancelled, I would be raining hell fire with every step. Hopefully you guys get a good replacement.

But then they'd have to announce the replacement. Hell, they'd have to announce the cancellation. Which they've had apparently over four weeks to do.Time during which Kamelot fans may have booked... Dirty pool, UMC. For shame.

Also, HOW IN THE HELL IS IT OCTOBER AND WE STILL DON'T HAVE A BAND ANNOUNCEMENT. WE'RE TALKING 5-6 MONTHS HERE PEOPLE.

As much as I love the chance to see so many of you, I book these bloody things to see bands damn it.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    xhead
    Crewman

by xhead » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Sorry nur whats that Shit? My current Screenshot says: cockburn: 37; maya 38; cozumel: 5, freeport 11; nassau 6...
    Are we stupid? Thats only 97 %... and 3 goes to what? Excuse me but I Dont trust that vote...
    2nd Cruise
    Deck2
    Arrival: ???
    Hotel ???
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:57 pm

yup, time to 'strip again...

:cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Wonder when UMC will announce Kamelot dropping off with a replacement. MDF announces cancellations right away with a replacement also announced :lol:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:04 pm

I've been one of the more positive people around here, but this comes close for me...can someone remind me when that cancellation cutoff date is? I never thought I'd consider it, but I'm not pleased. Not the fact that Kamelot cancelled, but that they gave notice weeks ago and UMC didn't relay this information.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:50 pm

alex_canada wrote:I've been one of the more positive people around here, but this comes close for me...can someone remind me when that cancellation cutoff date is? I never thought I'd consider it, but I'm not pleased. Not the fact that Kamelot cancelled, but that they gave notice weeks ago and UMC didn't relay this information.

Its not the first time though Alex - we all knew Pentegram were cancelled from the 2012 cruise a full month before UMC officially told us.

Not defending them in ANY way, just saying that its another example of their (mis)management practices.

FYI - the cancellation details are:

up to October 27, 2013 - USD 100.00 per Passenger
    November 27, 2013 - 25% of Grand Total Ticket Price
    December 27, 2013 - 50% of Grand Total Ticket Price
    after December 27, 2013 - No refund
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:51 pm

xhead wrote:Sorry nur whats that Shit? My current Screenshot says: cockburn: 37; maya 38; cozumel: 5, freeport 11; nassau 6...
    Are we stupid? Thats only 97 %... and 3 goes to what? Excuse me but I Dont trust that vote...

I just looked at it and it added up to 98% .... either we both suck at math or yeah, wow...
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm

It sucks that there have been no band announcements for so long, and that it now looks like we have a cancellation before an announcement. But I don't think it helps to talk about bailing on the show, at least if I were in a band that might want to play it, reservations would be quickly created from such negativity.
    Also I don't know how many of you have organized shows or festivals, but it is not always so easy. I don't think how things are handled with 70k can easily relate to things with MDF. 70k requires about a 1 full week of the bands time, and sort of twice the work (two sets). Then there are the whole logistics of having a show on a boat in international waters, as opposed to a venue and everything that goes with it that is probably more accessible to the promoters than what I imagine UMC deals with here.
    Maybe I don't know things well enough to defend whatever is going on, maybe I am way off. I just don't see a reason to think it will not be successful like it has been.
    I am confident it will pan out to be a good trip in the end.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:04 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    xhead wrote:Sorry nur whats that Shit? My current Screenshot says: cockburn: 37; maya 38; cozumel: 5, freeport 11; nassau 6...

I just looked at it and it added up to 98% .... either we both suck at math or yeah, wow...

Just a heads up for you guys on this issue. It was mentioned in another thread. With any voting percentage calculation system like this with more than 100 voters, there will almost always be something like 1-3% missing from the total tally of percentages due to rounding.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:39 pm

What is alarming is that bands have contacted Andy telling him that they want to be on 70000tons, and have been ignored. I personally spoke with 2 members of a fairly big-name band who were a late addition to Barge, who said that they have reached out to Andy at least 4 times about playing on 70000tons, without even the courtesy of a reply.
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Bands would normally play 4 or 5 shows in 5 days on a normal tour...and have to travel and sleep in in a van or bus. 2 sets without travel while sleeping in a suite is plush compared to what most deal with .
    70k Survivor-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Yeah, that is true. I don't know if financial compensation is as similar, but that would be for part of a tour too. I think it would be easier to do 1 show at a festival and continue with a tour as planned as opposed to having a 1 week gap in a tour though. My point was more the difference in logistics with the cruise as opposed to some other festivals, if that is what your point is about.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:03 pm

one more for today.

Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Disaster Area wrote:one more for today.

Winning.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:54 pm

okay, one more.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
Post Reply 4744 posts