Post Reply 54 posts
THE IRON MAIDENS!!
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

THE IRON MAIDENS!!

by Captain Alex » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Two sets full of Iron Maiden's covers played by a band of beautiful ladies are the perfect environment we need for the cruise, besides Courtney was a very open and nice person to hang out with on the last cruise and her performances of Maiden covers with Angra and on the jam were amazing, bring'em onbroad!!! :deathhorns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPcHJrjQA6s

Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    dinki
    Petty Officer

Re: THE IRON MAIDENS!!

by dinki » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:09 pm

nice. GO !
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:52 pm

i'd take them as a Vika equivalent, but in my mind a cover band (not made of all-stars) doesn't qualify for a roster spot. No offense meant, as I thought she played well.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:01 pm

alex_canada wrote:i'd take them as a Vika equivalent, but in my mind a cover band (not made of all-stars) doesn't qualify for a roster spot. No offense meant, as I thought she played well.

Ill get killed by fellow power and prog fans but thats exactly how I feel about Van Canto :lol:
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:06 pm

I will kill you
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:24 pm

I will also kill you by death.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:49 pm

:lol: :lol: Thats 2 so far!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:53 pm

And then I will murder you with your dead body.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:12 pm

Id take Heavatar over Van Canto any day of the week :beerbang: that might make up some points!
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:35 pm

alex_canada wrote:i'd take them as a Vika equivalent, but in my mind a cover band (not made of all-stars) doesn't qualify for a roster spot. No offense meant, as I thought she played well.

I agree.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:39 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the Iron Maidens!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:00 pm

I think I may have more fun with those covers than with many bands with their original songs I don't like.. I think if they play onboard is possible that you (or almost anyone on board) attend to at least one gig .. in the other hand I can almost bet no one have seen all the bands on past cruises
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    Nighty
    Crewman

by Nighty » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:39 pm

A thread for the maiden girls, a thread for Avantasia...Cpt. Alex hast still the best wishlist in the whole forum :mrgreen:

I talked to Courtney on the last cruise and the Maidens would like to play on board. So it's up to Andy...
    70k 2013 - Cabin 2526
    70k 2014 - Cabin 4523
    70k 2015 - Cabin 3254
    70k 2016 - Deck 8
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:18 pm

I'd like to see them too but i think this is more realistic
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Pero
    Petty Officer

by Pero » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:02 pm

What about a all-girl-non-cover-band? Crucified Barbara for example?
    2011 - 5535
    2012 - 5527
    2013 - 2513
    2014 - 2039
    2015 - 9675
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:36 pm

I support having The Iron Maidens onbroad. Pretty sure they'd kick ass.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:47 am

X-Thor wrote:I support having The Iron Maidens onbroad. Pretty sure they'd kick ass.

:beerbang:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:53 am

Seen them back in 08 in Greece at March Metal day.
    They were pretty decent despite the amount of sound and power issues at that festival for every band :lol:
    I still don't condone Cover bands taking band band slots though.Maybe give them a spot in the Boleros.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:01 am

Metalwrath wrote:Seen them back in 08 in Greece at March Metal day.
    They were pretty decent despite the amount of sound and power issues at that festival for every band :lol:
    I still don't condone Cover bands taking band band slots though.Maybe give them a spot in the Boleros.

Yes, maybe an hour slot after the music's done one night. I think that'd be great
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Thaurin
    Oiler

by Thaurin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:24 pm

OH FUCK YES! Only because the actual band will never make it onto the ship. Any talented Iron Maiden cover band, just do it, don't think about it!
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Thaurin wrote:OH FUCK YES! Only because the actual band will never make it onto the ship. Any talented Iron Maiden cover band, just do it, don't think about it!

Live After Death is a kick ass tribute band too. Iron Maidens much better to look at :D
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Ecliptica wrote:

I agree.

Doubly agreed
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:37 am

as much as I like the idea - I'm also leaning towards "not qualifying for a roster spot"
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:09 am

last_candle wrote:

as much as I like the idea - I'm also leaning towards "not qualifying for a roster spot"

:beerhorns: agreed! :beerhorns: There are so many good bands writing and performing their own songs, we need no cover band. :bitch:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Book 'em. F all the haters. I'll take a Maiden tribute over violins and hurdy gurdys any day of the week.

....and Van Canto is horrible.
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:41 pm

stoverkill wrote:Book 'em. F all the haters. I'll take a Maiden tribute over violins and hurdy gurdys any day of the week.

Haters gonna hate.

RAKATAKA!

--
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:22 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:Book 'em. F all the haters. I'll take a Maiden tribute over violins and hurdy gurdys any day of the week.

Haters gonna hate.

RAKATAKA!

I think they are unique ! but not in a bad way - I dont LOVE them but I wouldn't be upset to see them onbroad

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:25 pm

YOU GOT THE POINT!
    torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:26 pm

NOT
    if they're taking a spot from other bands.
    I like the idea having 'em ala Vika but not in the regular rotation. We have too many good and original bands to choose from, no need for a cover band.
    Heck, you can ask Mr. Waters to play Maiden covers with the Star Jam instead :headbanger:
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:08 pm

:shred:
    torpedo20 wrote:NOT
    if they're taking a spot from other bands.
    I like the idea having 'em ala Vika but not in the regular rotation. We have too many good and original bands to choose from, no need for a cover band.
    Heck, you can ask Mr. Waters to play Maiden covers with the Star Jam instead :headbanger:

Maiden cover on the all star jam is fine. :shred: :shred: :shred:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:19 am

X-Thor wrote:I support having The Iron Maidens onbroad. Pretty sure they'd kick ass.

I support X-Thor's support for Iron Maidens supporting the support bands. No seriously, let's get 'em onbroad! :headbanger:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:05 am

---as long as they leave out the violin guy during karaoke ;) :cheers:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:33 pm

Oh hell yes...I might start an official thread for that closer to sailing
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:43 pm

alex_canada wrote:Oh hell yes...I might start an official thread for that closer to sailing

Yeah. I'd be ok if he got 2 or 3 songs once or twice during the cruise but I think a lot of people are in agreement with that.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    BloodRedMike
    Crewman

by BloodRedMike » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:09 pm

With so many great bands out there, why should a cover band get a spot? I'm spending thousands on a vacation, not $3 pitcher and wing specials at some local dive bar. They can pay their own way and play in Johnny Rockets. How about that?
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:40 pm

BloodRedMike wrote:With so many great bands out there, why should a cover band get a spot? I'm spending thousands on a vacation, not $3 pitcher and wing specials at some local dive bar. They can pay their own way and play in Johnny Rockets. How about that?

I like that idea too :headbanger:
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:44 pm

So many shitty tribute bands out there. Female ones but Iron Maidens are the BEST. I support them being added on the bill. I cannot stand Misstallica, Judas Priestess or Queen Diamond.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:40 pm

last_candle wrote:---as long as they leave out the violin guy during karaoke ;) :cheers:

Yeah man, 3 years in a row is enough! He's talented and all, but eats up 20 minutes to play the same songs every time..
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:48 pm

viathyn wrote:
    last_candle wrote:---as long as they leave out the violin guy during karaoke ;) :cheers:

Yeah man, 3 years in a row is enough! He's talented and all, but eats up 20 minutes to play the same songs every time..

:lol: :lol: one of those thrues everybody knows and everybody keeps
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Captain Alex wrote:
    viathyn wrote:

:lol: :lol: one of those trues everybody knows and everybody keeps
Post Reply 54 posts