Post Reply 440 posts
Where's Our Next Announcement Bitch Thread 2014
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: UMC 100 DAY DROUGHT. WELCOME TO THE DESERT.

by Metaladdict187 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:58 pm

Agreed as well. Nothing to worry about.

Just before 70k Tons 2012, the last band was announced three days before the cruise set sail more or less.

This time around we went from a TON of hype, to regular announcements, to a dry spell. Remember the words of the skipper, "BIG SURPRISE(S) on the horizon.

Unless he meant this dry spell was a the second surprise he was talking about. In which case I will be pissed.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:02 pm

I'd like a dessert, in the form of a Kalmah cake with delicious Nightfall frosting, don't Sacrifice the ice cream
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:Agreed as well. Nothing to worry about.

Just before 70k Tons 2012, the last band was announced three days before the cruise set sail more or less.

This time around we went from a TON of hype, to regular announcements, to a dry spell. Remember the words of the skipper, "BIG SURPRISE(S) on the horizon.

Unless he meant this dry spell was a the second surprise he was talking about. In which case I will be pissed.

Nobody's surprised by the announcement drought
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • banserki
    Oiler

Ridiculous.

by banserki » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Over three months with no signs of life.

If there isn't something by Saturday I'll be pulling out of 70K2014 as this is when I was going to book my flights.

Maybe I'll put the holiday funds to Wacken or similar.

Hey UMC crew, pull your heads out, assholes.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm not surprised by the drought. I am surprised by the length of the drought though.

I'm not gonna rush to make my final payment that's for sure - if they want to pay for a phonecall to Australia to chase me up for it, fine :P

Trying to look on the brightside, we are at least historically reaching a point in the year when announcements come regularly. First two cruises we had 7 announcements in September. Last cruise we only had the one - but it was the triple-header of Helloween, Kreator, and Gotthard (and BTH there were no announcements in September OR October - but lets not even think about that!!).

Number of Announcements per month
    August - 3
    September - 7

August - 4
    September - 7

BARGE TO HELL
    August - ZERO
    September - ZERO

August - ZERO
    September - 3

August - ZERO?
    September - ???????
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Ridiculous.

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:35 pm

banserki wrote:Over three months with no signs of life.

If there isn't something by Saturday I'll be pulling out of 70K2014 as this is when I was going to book my flights.

Which price category is your cabin?

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:53 pm

I admire your patience for lasting this long without going crazy.

If I was in your position, I would definitely at least wait until after this weekend. End of the month, end of the season etc, it is a most likely time for an announcement of some kind.

If after that, and there is still radio silence, cancel if you think that is best for you.

But remember, 70k of Metal will most likely go ahead with or without you. And if you do go, you will at least get plenty of opportunities to kick Andy in the balls for this announcement drought!! :lol: :roll:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:25 pm

cowboy71 wrote: kick Andy in the balls for this announcement drought!! :lol: :roll:

If he has Balls.....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:11 pm

calm down dude!!
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:25 pm

the longer we wait now the less we will have to wait between them later.
    they should be more regular unless he starts dropping 4 or 5 at a time
    I would not mind a bunch over the Halloween period but come on. 100 days with out him even singing on
    at least appear like you care what we have to say :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:31 pm

banserki wrote:Over three months with no signs of life.

not sure if you have been on a UMC cruise before but if you have not I strongly believe you should ride out the calm before the storm.
    been on all 4 and I will not miss one unless their is no way I can make it.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Does any UMC staff visit this forum anymore ? 4 time vet UMC cruiser here and am also getting panicky and worried, if it cancels for some reason, I will go to a european fest that fellow UMC cruisers are attending.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Empire
    Crewman

by Empire » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Maybe the next Announcements (we´ll have 1,1818 Bands per Week from now on :oops: ) will kick your ass. But if I were you, I would cancel right now and go to Wacken 2015. Wacken is much better (not so many People, no dirt...). Have fun there! :wank:
    2011: missed, 2012 - 2019: survived 2020: SOON
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:10 pm

@Statsman: you should edit your post so that BTH is before 2013. I want my stats to be in the right order, dammit! :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:13 pm

Empire wrote:Maybe the next Announcements (we´ll have 1,1818 Bands per Week from now on :oops: ) will kick your ass. But if I were you, I would cancel right now and go to Wacken 2015. Wacken is much better (not so many People, no dirt...). Have fun there! :wank:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well played, well played!
    Wishlist:
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:19 pm

I don't think many of you would mind the drought if some or at least one of the UMC staff posted on here from time to time.
    Just so people know they're watching the forums and are aware of what's going on, but it sounds like they haven't bothered to do that.
    Being busy doesn't justify separating yourself from your customers for this long; simple business sense.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:45 am

Memnoch wrote:@Statsman: you should edit your post so that BTH is before 2013. I want my stats to be in the right order, dammit! :beerwink:

HAHAHA - edited :)

And there has been *some* sign of life - look, Vincent locked a thread at the start of August!!! :P

search.php?author_id=4693&sr=posts
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:55 am

OMG. 5 months out, and lets all go stupid, im very happy with the few that have been announced .get to see some bands that will prob never come to oz, booked up and paid in full prior to most announcements . with me onboard we are gonna have fun, till 9:15 pm then gotta have nappy naps, as long as the next 20+ bands aren't metallica, nickleback, trivium, etc will be happy to party with all my new forum friends, :)
    MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:52 am

carlynjason wrote:OMG. 5 months out, and lets all go stupid, im very happy with the few that have been announced .get to see some bands that will prob never come to oz, booked up and paid in full prior to most announcements . with me onboard we are gonna have fun, till 9:15 pm then gotta have nappy naps, as long as the next 20+ bands aren't metallica, nickleback, trivium, etc will be happy to party with all my new forum friends, :)

Don't think too many ppl are upset about the lack of announcements. People are unsure about the whole thing as there s been 100 days of NOTHING from UMC pretty much. It is not too hard to log in once a month and throw a friendly message and ensure people its all going smooth still. Now starts to be the time that people book the Flights and shit so it is understandable that folks are concerned.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:02 am

Everyone realizes that this happens EVERY single cruise, right? This is the usual summer doldrums. Yes, the time period gets longer every year but this really isn't anything new. Every summer is the same. Silence from the UMC folk, lots of panicked posts on the forum, people canceling, etc. The cruise has happened every year and I see no indication that it would be cancelled. This is really just business as usual.

Is it ideal? Of course not. I'd love to see the lineup announced during the summer and I think the way UMC handles it is wrong. However, as long as the cruise continues to sell out there's really no incentive for them to change.

For those considering canceling, you still have time before the cancellation cutoff date so I recommend you ride it out a little longer (it's too early to book flights anyway). It'd be a shame to miss out on such an amazing experience.

I say this every year: I pay for the final product, not the buildup to it. As long as UMC continues to deliver a fantastic cruise experience I will try to be there. If lineups start to become terrible, then I won't book so early in the future.

If you're really unhappy about it, voice your concerns directly to the company in charge rather than just spouting off on here: http://70000tons.com/contact.php

Obviously, you all can do/post whatever you want, but figure I should provide my $.02.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:52 am

I'm not worried whether the cruise will happen or not. And having been on all previous 70k cruises, yes, I know how Andy rolls. And I know there won't be too many bands I like onbroad. But it's all good, I get to see a lot of awesome shows in Europe already, and there really isn't a band on this planet that would get me to book solely because they're on the boat.
    But, because UMC/Andy has decided to handle their public relations like this, I say to anyone thinking of cancelling: cancel. If you're going on the cruise for the bands (some specific bands you're waiting to be announced), it's not worth the wait; go to Metalcamp/-days or some other kick-ass festival instead. But if you're like many of us veterans and are going mostly because of the people and the setting, well, there'll be an announcement in the coming weeks. It'll probably suck. And after that we'll wait for the next announcement. Which will probably suck too.

Welcome to UMC-land.
    Wishlist:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:04 am

Keep in mind that's coming from a guy that only likes 2 sub sub sub genres of metal. If you're like me and you're pretty open to most different kinds of metal most of the bands are actually pretty quality and the next announcements will probably be awesome.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:07 am

Stained Class wrote:Keep in mind that's coming from a guy that only likes 2 sub sub sub genres of metal. If you're like me and you're pretty open to most different kinds of metal most of the bands are actually pretty quality and the next announcements will probably be awesome.

I agree with this. Last year I didn't have enough time to see all the bands I wanted. And I'm pretty sure I would have been running from stage to stage in the previous 70Ks or even barge to hell.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:31 am

Stained Class wrote:Keep in mind that's coming from a guy that only likes 2 sub sub sub genres of metal.

:lol:

Ok, I might be a tad pickier than most, but I do like many genres. I guess I'm a bit spoiled coming from Europe and am not that excited to see the same bands I could see anywhere multiple times a year. Give me some American (you know, the big continent we like to call "The New World") bands instead. But, please, no thrash, folk or power metal. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:33 am

Memnoch wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Keep in mind that's coming from a guy that only likes 2 sub sub sub genres of metal.

But, please, no thrash, folk or power metal. :lol:

I rest my case :P
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Bloodycanadian
    Petty Officer

by Bloodycanadian » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:46 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:

But, please, no thrash, folk or power metal. :lol:

I rest my case :P

I say bring on much, MUCH more of these.

Now, what's all this about rumors of it being cancelled?
    Now let's go get banjaxxed.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:42 pm

If I was a gambling man I would put money on an announcement of some kind this weekend.

It will be when we hit the '150 days to go' mark, and will also mark the end of Summer in the Northern Hemisphere.

On the other hand, Andy does not respond well to bitching, and there is a lot of bitching at the moment. He could just keep holding out, just to spite us.

After all, he's got shit-tons of our money sitting in a bank account, accruing interest. The longer he draws out having to book bands and pay them (and obviously, announce them), the longer that money keeps earning interest for him.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Pyramus
    Crewman

by Pyramus » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:42 pm

Bloodycanadian wrote:I say bring on much, MUCH more of these.

The cruise is canceled for Canadians. Sorry guys. You can't come. Except for Joey.
    2013 Survivor, 2014 booked.
    Apocalyptica - Tristania - Nemesea - Dark Tranquillity - Lacuna Coil - Arch Enemy
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:59 am

Memnoch wrote:there'll be an announcement in the coming weeks. It'll probably suck. And after that we'll wait for the next announcement. Which will probably suck too.

I'm not listening to you. Vader WILL BE announced next. And Coroner after that.

:P :P
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:27 am

Pyramus wrote:
    Bloodycanadian wrote:I say bring on much, MUCH more of these.

The cruise is canceled for Canadians. Sorry guys. You can't come. Except for Joey.

Woohoo! :belly:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:32 am

Bloodycanadian wrote:

No rumours, just people panicking because of the lack of announcements.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:49 am

Lala wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote: kick Andy in the balls for this announcement drought!! :lol: :roll:

If he has Balls.....

The guy created a completely innovative festival, providing the best time that thousands of people from everywhere in the world will ever have in their (our) lives. The lack of announcements is annoying me too, but, yes, Andy HAS balls.
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Where's Our Next Announcement Bitch Thread 2014

by vikingbitch » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Okay I'm confused. That "Ridiculous" thread and the "100 Days of no announcements" thread disappeared. That or I'm much more sleepy than I thought I was.

Rather than sweeping under the rug that an announcement hasn't been made in forever wouldn't it just be easier to make an announcement of some sorts? :|
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Okay I'm confused. That "Ridiculous" thread and the "100 Days of no announcements" thread disappeared. That or I'm much more sleepy than I thought I was.

Rather than sweeping under the rug that an announcement hasn't been made in forever wouldn't it just be easier to make an announcement of some sorts? :|

Yep - threads are definitely gone.

Caitlin and Aaron have both been online recently so I'm guessing one of them did it.

EDIT: Just noticed - that if you scroll back through the posts in this thread, they've merged all the old posts here.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:17 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Okay I'm confused. That "Ridiculous" thread and the "100 Days of no announcements" thread disappeared. That or I'm much more sleepy than I thought I was.

Caitlin and Aaron have both been online recently so I'm guessing one of them did it.

EDIT: Just noticed - that if you scroll back through the posts in this thread, they've merged all the old posts here.

maybe that is a sign that the boss is going to log on soon :?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Azazel101 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

maybe that is a sign that the boss is going to log on soon :?

HAHAHAHA - cleaning up the house before the parents get back from their holiday? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope so!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:55 pm

That's ridiculous :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wait what ???? shit is being cleaned up and rearranged . I hope this isn't the end of :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Empire
    Crewman

by Empire » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:07 pm

:|

Maybe the last 20 Announcements have disappeared also... :?
    2011: missed, 2012 - 2019: survived 2020: SOON
  • banserki
    Oiler

The staff is reading our posts.

by banserki » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:10 am

So my thread title 'Ridiculous' was deleted by a moderator.

If you are there lurking can you please say something regarding the cruise?! I have a cabin and friend Who has his own who are pulling our hair out at the thought of canceling. Seriously. Is the cruise still happening? Flights are 2200 each for us.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: The staff is reading our posts.

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:22 am

The mods have merged it with the other two bitching for announcements threads. Try the "search user's posts" function from your profile.

As for your fear of a cancellation of the cruise, well, that's not going to happen. If you spend a little time reading the threads on the forum and/or facebook groups, you'll see that this silence is perfectly normal UMC behaviour and, as sad as it sounds, expected of them. No worries there, the boat will leave port in January with 40+ bands and all of us onbroad it.

And, a friendly advice for future reference, you can post in some of the existing threads instead of making a new one. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
Post Reply 440 posts