Post Reply 98 posts
Suggestion: massive ticket cancellation
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

Re: Suggestion: massive ticket cancellation

by carlynjason » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:17 pm

We're coming from Australia and booked before any bands were announced. We just want to enjoy the experience and party with the best (fellow metalheads). So NO we wont be cancelling, flights to US were expensive enough. Yes agree with you all on the non communication from UMC is disappointing. We're both looking forward to enjoying time with our new Metal family
    :heavydrink:
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:36 pm

carlynjason wrote:We're coming from Australia and booked before any bands were announced. We just want to enjoy the experience and party with the best (fellow metalheads). So NO we wont be cancelling, flights to US were expensive enough. Yes agree with you all on the non communication from UMC is disappointing. We're both looking forward to enjoying time with our new Metal family
    :heavydrink:

:bangers: heroes!
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:20 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:It must be double frustrating for people outside the US. Do you have your airfare yet ?

Yeah, decided to gamble as we found a nice deal for flights with one relatively short layover both ways (granted, on the way to Miami the layover is in London Deathrow :lol: ) for about $700. All convenient flights are now around $900.

And, well, if the worst happens and the cruise does get cancelled, we'll still get to spend a week away from the winter. I'm sure we can manage that. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:It must be double frustrating for people outside the US. Do you have your airfare yet ?

Yeah, decided to gamble as we found a nice deal for flights with one relatively short layover both ways (granted, on the way to Miami the layover is in London Deathrow :lol: ) for about $700. All convenient flights are now around $900.

And, well, if the worst happens and the cruise does get cancelled, we'll still get to spend a week away from the winter. I'm sure we can manage that. :beerwink:

As long as Gnoff and his entourage are there, it will be well worth my trip. :) Is Fredrik and Tobias going ? I hope it does not get canceled. That is a awesome price from Finland to Florida !
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:41 pm

Fredrik and Tobias are in my cabin, so, yes, they're going too. Well, I don't think they have their flights booked just yet, but hopefully they'll book them, umm, soon.
    Wishlist:
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:54 am

Perhaps the ones to blame for this situation is the people that convinced Andy to run an extreme metal cruise? Barge to failure = The demise of UMC?
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:12 am

Tobbe wrote:Perhaps the ones to blame for this situation is the people that convinced Andy to run an extreme metal cruise? Barge to failure = The demise of UMC?

Personally I think the reason for this failure is the following: we already know this is the last year the festival takes places in Majesty of the Seas, which might as well mean it will just not take place next year. So, being like this, why bother do a good job this year? Andy already did an amazing job with the previous editions, and that's how he got so many hardcore fans - deservedly - and half the boat booked despite the disastrous, disrespectful and outrageous organisation this year. What is his motivation to do a good job again now? You could tell me about ethics, empathy, personal values and all this stuff. But it seems clear to me that none of these work for UMC.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:19 am

Barge (or its "failure") has nothing to do with this silence. Well, at least it shouldn't have. If anything - going with the assumption that Barge was a financial disaster - they should make sure their 70k customers stay loyal to them and keep booking future cruises too. The only way to cover the possible losses of one cruise is to make profit on a couple of next cruises.

And I'm not that convinced Barge was such a big financial disaster and some like to think. For some reason people seem to think UMC needs to sell out a cruise to break even. I'd think their break-even point is somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 of cabins sold. And even that includes the staff costs whole year round. So while Barge might have lost them some money, the success of the previous and next 70k cruises should have covered that. If not, well, they're really bad at math and probably shouldn't be running this thing in the first place.
    Wishlist:
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:28 am

If I had known that before, that all runs so crappy this year, I would have booked "Progressive Nation at Sea". There are Anathema, so my asbolute favorite band. But unfortunately I blindly booked and already paid the flight and boked 2 hotels.

I would have no problem if UMC would say that this is all a unique surprise will be next year, but as it looks right now, I'm afraid that is rather canceled the cruise and I have thrown a lot of money out the window.

Probably will, if I ever again book, never more book so early.

Very, very sad. Unfortunately I feel no great anticipation but rather more anger.

Wft is going on ?
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:40 am

jodionline wrote:Very, very sad. Unfortunately I feel no great anticipation but rather more anger.

This is what bugs me the most. Remember how we got the silly "Our ship is headed West South-West. Who will they pick up next?" riddles? Everyone was trying to guess which band was going to be the next one onbroad, and everyone was excited about the cruise. What this silence has brought us is just the opposite: the forum is quiet and the only new people registering are either asking what the fuck is going on with UMC or saying they consider cancelling. And how we have divided into two groups now, those who say "this is nothing new, in the end Andy'll deliver" and the other side who are trying to get people to cancel and are pouring gas into the flames with the cancellation rumours. What the fuck happened to our "cruise family"? :cry:
    Wishlist:
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:45 am

Since end of June :shock: If shit hits the fan and cruise really gets canceled (which I'm pretty sure it won't), my group will just add 5 more days of Florida cruising to 9 days we already planned before the cruise :D
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:45 am

Memnoch wrote:
    jodionline wrote:Very, very sad. Unfortunately I feel no great anticipation but rather more anger.

This is what bugs me the most. Remember how we got the silly "Our ship is headed West South-West. Who will they pick up next?" riddles? Everyone was trying to guess which band was going to be the next one onbroad, and everyone was excited about the cruise. What this silence has brought us is just the opposite: the forum is quiet and the only new people registering are either asking what the fuck is going on with UMC or saying they consider cancelling. And how we have divided into two groups now, those who say "this is nothing new, in the end Andy'll deliver" and the other side who are trying to get people to cancel and are pouring gas into the flames with the cancellation rumours. What the fuck happened to our "cruise family"? :cry:

I hope you understand my position, though. Just to make it clear, I've never wanted to break the family apart or something like that. My sole objective with this thread was to make UMC realize that either they start treating their customers properly in the upcoming weeks or they might lose a lot of money. I obviously failed (I could only read a couple responses from Australian guys in a very similar situation as mine) but there's nothing I'd like better than the cruise being a whole success. I'm not a troll, nor a moaning bitch, nor a hysterical teenager.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:01 am

I wasn't referring to you with the cruise family comment. The best thing about the whole thing has been the real cruise family feel to it, and, sadly, that seems to have been lost now. This forum is rather quiet at the moment, but if you're following the facebook groups, it's clear that everyone is agitated and people are really extremely defensive about their opinions. Ok, the lack of communication from UMC has given us time to perfect the art of "bullying" and making fun of people, which is mostly harmless and fun, but there seems to be a, hmm, spiteful undertone to many of the jokes - and that was not the case last year or the year before that. And that saddens me.
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:00 am

Royal Caribbean do not have any other 70k vessels so this will definitely be the last "70000 tons of metal".

So given that, maybe UMC are just taking an utter "fuck this" attitude towards this?

Who knows? Only Andy, and he doesn't wanna talk to us it seems....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:13 am

So because of another ship, I would not worry about that. Finally, there are also other ships such as the Norwegian Pearl. On that ship the PROGRESSIVE NATION AT SEA takes place. So why not 70.000 Tons of Metal.

epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:41 am

cowboy71 wrote:Royal Caribbean do not have any other 70k vessels so this will definitely be the last "70000 tons of metal".

So given that, maybe UMC are just taking an utter "fuck this" attitude towards this?

Who knows? Only Andy, and he doesn't wanna talk to us it seems....

Isn´t the entire Vision Class somewhere around 70k tons? 6 ships or something?
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:47 am

Maybe the shipping company will indeed changed.

Ahhh, so I know it depends on the 70.000 Tons, sorry. OK than we will have a "2. Generation Metal Cruise" or so "70.000 Tons + X Tons of Metal".

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:07 am

I don't think they'll change the brand name for the cruise, even if the new ship was a bit bigger. Although, seeing how much bad publicity they're getting, a name change might just be the wisest choice.
    Wishlist:
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:41 am

Sure, are you willing to pay me my 1.5K dollars ticket already bought and fully paid? :D
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:51 am

Memnoch wrote:

This.

Memnoch wrote:The best thing about the whole thing has been the real cruise family feel to it, and, sadly, that seems to have been lost now. This forum is rather quiet at the moment, but if you're following the facebook groups, it's clear that everyone is agitated and people are really extremely defensive about their opinions. Ok, the lack of communication from UMC has given us time to perfect the art of "bullying" and making fun of people, which is mostly harmless and fun, but there seems to be a, hmm, spiteful undertone to many of the jokes - and that was not the case last year or the year before that. And that saddens me.

And this.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:03 am

I set my deadline mid november.

I am comming from Brazil, already purchased air tickets($ 1.200) but i don´t want to travel with the guillotine over my head(arrive at the port and no ship, rsrsrsrs)

i can cut my losses and chose another festival in Europe mid next year(wacken or other great one). I will also be attending PPUSA(great lineup this year)
    metal4ever
    MrFish
    Oiler

by MrFish » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:50 pm

You people do realize you post all this 'we-are-cancelling-we-are-legion' stuff in a 70k forum right? And... you're placing claims for something you already paid for? Let me post something for you to have a good laugh about: I recently did a cruise from Italy to Teneriffa via Gibraltar. Did it for the Missus. What I got was a Schlager-Cruise. Basically, it's playback music with funny guys in funny costumes playing unplugged e-guitars and keyboards. They paid about double of what I did for the cruise this forum is about and they got 10 'bands' playing a total of three times 15-20 minutes each, not including flights. Now, let that sink in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9b7VKBnz1A

Watch the video (sorry for the non-german speakers..)

Having that said (resp. written) in a pretty drunk state, I am looking forward to seeing as many as possible of you at saturday night in the Alibi-Bar in South Beach before the cruise!
    Amon Amarth, Blind Guardian, Crematory, Crowbar, Dimmu Borgir, Elvenking, Excrementory Grindfuckers, Finntroll, Folkearth, Graveworm, GURD, Hammerfall, Kataklysm, KMFDM, Lamb of God, Legion of the Damned, Old Man's Child, Pain, Rob Zombie, Tenacious D
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:09 pm

How bad was the attendance for Barge????

If it was such a disaster, why was 70k Tons 2013 so successful???
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:51 pm

http://youtu.be/DZKKZaSWhmY

If you look at this video of Behemoth on BTH, its clear it was not packed but it was also not empty either.

At the Gates pool deck

http://youtu.be/nNcLy9E9X5I
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:50 pm

I am not in the boat with the cancellation folks, all though I fully understand. There are couples spending 2-3 months worth of house payments to attend. Or could get that new kitchen or bathroom or be able to attend 2 or even 3 other metal fests for the amount of $$$$ spent to go on 70k. So I understand the frustration but the wife and I will be there unless UMC cancels

Now....an organized walk out on Andy's address to the boat after the last pool deck set seems more like a better way to visually show our frustration and we still get to enjoy the cruise :)
    70k Survivor-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Memnoch wrote:I wasn't referring to you with the cruise family comment. The best thing about the whole thing has been the real cruise family feel to it, and, sadly, that seems to have been lost now. This forum is rather quiet at the moment, but if you're following the facebook groups, it's clear that everyone is agitated and people are really extremely defensive about their opinions. Ok, the lack of communication from UMC has given us time to perfect the art of "bullying" and making fun of people, which is mostly harmless and fun, but there seems to be a, hmm, spiteful undertone to many of the jokes - and that was not the case last year or the year before that. And that saddens me.

yes, we should be spending time talking about announced bands, new releases, true possibles wishlists, giving opinions about our listenings to announced bands we didn't know, planning the booze on the beach meets and bets with friends.. but obviously this time we can't because we don't have a clue of what's gonna happen, which bands we already payed to see, most of the bands we like already have scheduled other gigs on the cruise days, and plus that we've to be afraid of see the few announced bands cancelling anyday or the entire event, and this is clarely not our fault.. UMC is who've done everithing complitely different this time.
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:40 pm

ravenous wrote:Or could get that new kitchen...

You can find information here!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Last edited by X-Thor on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:14 pm

ravenous wrote:I am not in the boat with the cancellation folks, all though I fully understand. There are couples spending 2-3 months worth of house payments to attend. Or could get that new kitchen or bathroom or be able to attend 2 or even 3 other metal fests for the amount of $$$$ spent to go on 70k. So I understand the frustration but the wife and I will be there unless UMC cancels

Now....an organized walk out on Andy's address to the boat after the last pool deck set seems more like a better way to visually show our frustration and we still get to enjoy the cruise :)

almost 4 house payments. We will still be there as well.

Remember the good times? With regular announcements? Even when the first four bands were announced. There was a FB update every day. Ahhhhhh memories. Who woulda thought this woulda happened??
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:22 pm

BTW the cancelling idea is insane.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:55 am

Damn! I sure picked a good year to decide that metal cruises weren't my thing anymore.
    jurjenmetal
    Oiler

by jurjenmetal » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:08 am

hell no i am not canceling this will be my fisrt time :viking:
    2014 cabin 2026
    2016 cabin 7300
    2019 cabin 9401
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:09 pm

I would be in favor of cancelling the UMC announcement maker!
    Put in place a more prolific one.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • Rivfader
    Wiper

by Rivfader » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:42 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:How bad was the attendance for Barge????

Pitiful. Disappointing.
    But so was the customer service leading up to it.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Rivfader wrote:

Pitiful. Disappointing.

I think the total was about 1200 or so,but the biggest thing that happened is that UMC didn't get the boat 65% full.UMC's contract with Royal Caribbean requires them to pay a penalty if they don't meet a certain level of attendance.I believe it is due to low sales of alcohol because that is the main source of income for RC.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:11 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Rivfader wrote:

Pitiful. Disappointing.

I think the total was about 1200 or so,but the biggest thing that happened is that UMC didn't get the boat 65% full.UMC's contract with Royal Caribbean requires them to pay a penalty if they don't meet a certain level of attendance.I believe it is due to low sales of alcohol because that is the main source of income for RC.

Someone either here or on facebook mentioned the also $ figure of what the penalty payment was. I tried to search for it but failed - I think it was $25k but I'm most likely wrong.....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:50 am

So, I'd really like to know who has cancelled and is 100% not going. :?
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:59 am

Rivfader wrote:

Pitiful. Disappointing.

The stupidity of having Barge in December (just before the Holidays...people can't take off from work at that time of year), just a month before 70000tons (people can't spend that kind of money 2 months in a row) was astounding. Now Andy is going to cry about it? It's completely his fault. If Barge was in September, October, April or May, it too would have probably sold out...or at least sold considerably better than it did.

Now he's proving once again what a lousy businessman he is. Even if he doesn't give a shit about us or the bands, he needs to at least pretend that he does. He's not going to have a very pleasant time on 70000tons with so many of us wanting to tell him a thing or two, and might as well not send any pre-booking announcements for 2015. I don't know of anyone who would take a chance with him again.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:06 am

Malaka wrote:So, I'd really like to know who has cancelled and is 100% not going. :?

I doubt more than one or two people have actually gone through with it. I may depending on what transpires by the next deadline.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:37 am

I know of three for sure because they posted as such on the FB forum fiends group: forum member evican (roller derby queen & awesome gal from Australia) & Eternity (Daniel B) & his wife from Canada. Also, I believe Dallas mentioned a few other Australians who cancelled. Don't know if Finnish (Grumpy :lol: ) Markku was ever actually booked or not, but he bailed for 2014 & is going to MDF 2014. (which I hope transforms him into Happy Markku!!)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Yeah Kim and Link had tixx but cancelled, Helena was going but backed out, Stu was going but he backed out, Dan was going but he backed out.

So that is 5 off the top of my head. Not cancelled 100% due to the lack of bands, BUT I'm certain that if there was a bunch more awesome bands added by now, at least 75% of those people would still be going.

As for wife and I, we are still keeping the faith. For now.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist