Post Reply 81 posts
Andy, now you should give us... BABYMETAL!!!!
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

Re: Andy, now you should give us... BABYMETAL!!!!

by CountArioch » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:48 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Please try and keep it civil and productive guys. No need for shove-its and dick comments. We tend to try to treat each other like family here k?

Fine. Yo DJ, truce?
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:01 am

So, i finally watched a bunch of Babymetal videos. :P I figured it was about time after so many discussions on the Facebook group & now here.

I must say I found the videos entertaining, if for no other reason than the novelty & the obvious highly polished "gimmick." I think the girls are absolutely adorable, but that is coming from my perspective as a mom of two young teen girls who I think are adorable too. ;) I understand why some people raise a suspicious eyebrow when adult men show a seemingly "overzealous" attraction to them. I am by NO MEANS accusing anyone of anything unsavory here though - that would be unfair. We each can like a thousand different things for a thousand different reasons, and I am making no judgement whatsoever in this context.

As far as people being unhappy about BM invading metal "turf" - I understand that sentiment too, although I personally couldn't care less on that point. Metal to me is a very "Big Tent." When I consider some of my favorite performers I've seen over the years...hmmm - take Mortuus of Marduk (have seen 5 or so times) & Tarja (who I've seen solo twice) - those two in my view have about as much in common with one another as a performance by Die Antwoord (who I recently saw at Riot Fest - gaaah, are they effing weird :shock: although I must admit I enjoyed them :lol: ) and a Chicago Symphony Orchestra concert. Yet, Marduk & Tarja (and Nightwish) are both called "Metal."
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:40 am

I fully support this idea of BABYMETAL on board ! So much better than many trendy bands !
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: They can be added. More time for me to catch a real band and/or eat something or take a break
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:05 am

hahaha It'll never happen as the cruise will have those Pool Girls
    roaming around in g-strings again.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:07 am

.....and that means, no kids on the cruise. I guess.
    But you are never too young to rock!!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:08 am

So hang on, is the 70 event an all ages event?

It's never something I have even bothered to give a second thought to before.

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:28 am

Yup, it's an all ages event. There's been kids on the boat on all previous cruises.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:24 am

I'd be taking my kids (5 and 7 years old) if I could afford it. I'm hoping that at least the older one will want to come to Eluveitie, Tyr, and Metsatoll with me next week. He loves Tyr, but I think he's a bit intimidated by the prospect of going to a concert.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:34 am

CountArioch wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Please try and keep it civil and productive guys. No need for shove-its and dick comments. We tend to try to treat each other like family here k?

Fine. Yo DJ, truce?

Sure.

Btw, I have no idea where that dick comment came from, but whatever.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:37 am

Memnoch wrote:Yup, it's an all ages event. There's been kids on the boat on all previous cruises.

Yep, I think every year I've been on there were kids on the boat and by kids I mean 5 year olds. I can't imagine being a kid and trying to take in that environment. Hell, I could barely take in the environment at the age of 32. :lol:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:22 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:I fully support this idea of BABYMETAL on board ! So much better than many trendy bands !

?????They are the trend right now. come on, they played with Lady Gaga :?
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:08 am

ahhhh Ok. I can't remember seeing any kids on any of the 3 cruises I been on.

I just assumed with all the naughty bits almost exposed it was over 18s.

Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:11 am

And not that I am against the Pool girls, I just have zero interest in them.
    I HATE bras. They wear to much bras and makes me vomit.
    And no that ain't sea sickness either. haha

CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:09 am

Noob question, what are these pool girls that y'all keep referring to?
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:00 am

Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:32 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Yup, it's an all ages event. There's been kids on the boat on all previous cruises.

Yep, I think every year I've been on there were kids on the boat and by kids I mean 5 year olds. I can't imagine being a kid and trying to take in that environment. Hell, I could barely take in the environment at the age of 32. :lol:

Just regular cruisers, with their parents. It would be a bit different though if they were band members.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Cardest wrote:And not that I am against the Pool girls, I just have zero interest in them.

I also have no interest in the pool girls.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:39 am

Conrad wrote:
    Cardest wrote:And not that I am against the Pool girls, I just have zero interest in them.

I think I'd like to at least meet them before I make the decision about whether I care about them or not. They might be cool chicks.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:21 am

CountArioch wrote:
    Conrad wrote:

I think I'd like to at least meet them before I make the decision about whether I care about them or not. They might be cool chicks.

You're right, but so might be all the other girls that use the pool, so what's special about the Pool Girls?

2019 Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:15 am

Conrad wrote:
    CountArioch wrote:I think I'd like to at least meet them before I make the decision about whether I care about them or not. They might be cool chicks.

You're right, but so might be all the other girls that use the pool, so what's special about the Pool Girls?

Boobs.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:56 am

Conrad wrote:

I also have no interest in bras
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:13 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Conrad wrote:
    CountArioch wrote:I think I'd like to at least meet them before I make the decision about whether I care about them or not. They might be cool chicks.

Boobs.

Yes, but what's special about them though? I mean what makes the Pool Girls unique that the other girls don't have?

2019 Wishlist:
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Conrad wrote:Yes, but what's special about them though? I mean what makes the Pool Girls unique that the other girls don't have?

A free cabin for the cruise? Haha!

Seriously, I know a couple of the pool girls, and they are cool chicks and they love metal just as much as you and I.
    This summer, they worked promoting the cruise at festivals around the world (not a bad job, if you ask me! ;) )
    Yes, they look good, they have boobs and they are sexy. But guess what, sex sells!

As for what they actually do on the boat, I don't really know since they weren't there when I went on the cruise.
    I think they're there to entertain, give out towels, put sunscreen on ppl... and have fun!

Edit: I should have written "they weren't working when I went on the cruise". Because some of them were there, but as normal passengers.
    Last edited by AmelieM on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:35 pm

Seriously speaking and simply put,

AmelieM wrote: sex sells!
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Conrad wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:
    Conrad wrote:You're right, but so might be all the other girls that use the pool, so what's special about the Pool Girls?

Boobs.

Yes, but what's special about them though? I mean what makes the Pool Girls unique that the other girls don't have?

I was just kidding, I don't really care much about them. I mean, yes, I find Sam super hot and sexy, but I'm not there for the hot chicks.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Conrad wrote:You're right, but so might be all the other girls that use the pool, so what's special about the Pool Girls?

I guess we'll all find out in January. I'm not really going to the cruise to "talk to chick", I'm going there to catch some music, maybe discover some new bands I might like, and hand out with other metal fans who might be men or women. Trust me, I'm sharing a room with 3 random dudes I've never met before. I'm not going to try to bring women back to the room, that would be rude.
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:13 am

I want to be a pool girl.
    For The Horde!
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:03 am

CountArioch wrote:

I guess we'll all find out in January. I'm not really going to the cruise to "talk to chick", I'm going there to catch some music, maybe discover some new bands I might like, and hand out with other metal fans who might be men or women. Trust me, I'm sharing a room with 3 random dudes I've never met before. I'm not going to try to bring women back to the room, that would be rude.

I hear ya. Too many shows to see, things to do and little time to be distracted by that stuff. My rooms gonna be stinky anyway so girls won't want to come back there, 'cause, err... Bill Humphrey farts a lot! :P

2019 Wishlist:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:58 am

2019 Wishlist:
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:51 pm

CountArioch wrote:

Dude, I talked to a couple of pool girls and I really can't justify any hate toward them. They were cool for the most part and they were actual metalheads who were musically familiar with the bands on the cruises. Also, I do know of a couple whom had to pay to get on the 2013 cruise, so they're not sucking dick for a free ride. They've done nothing wrong to me, so I say bring em on.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:01 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    CountArioch wrote:

Dude, I talked to a couple of pool girls and I really can't justify any hate toward them. They were cool for the most part and they were actual metalheads who were musically familiar with the bands on the cruises. Also, I do know of a couple whom had to pay to get on the 2013 cruise, so they're not sucking dick for a free ride. They've done nothing wrong to me, so I say bring em on.

Yeah they're cool chicks and everything but what do they do besides promoting the cruise and making sure metalheads don't become lobsters in the Caribbean sun? Do they take drink orders?
    Last edited by Jotunheimr on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:39 pm

My observations about that:

Walk around and offer sunscreen
    Walk around and actually put the sunscreen on if you're attractive enough (or something, I don't know what their criteria was)
    Stop walking around and all assemble in a line whenever one of the cruisers or media wants a picture
    Occasionally block people's sight lines when someone official wants a good shot
    Cause controversy

Yes, I've talked to them, they all like metal and they're very nice. So are most people onbroad. It's always been a strange feature to me and I don't quite grasp its purpose other than tacit objectification of pool girls and the cruisers they interact with.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    ttiger
    Crewman

by ttiger » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:58 am

I am a BM fan but also new wave of Jmetal fan, some of you seem interested about japan band but most people just talk about old , or more known band, so if you are interested to know more new japeneses metal band just follow me :)
    here are a couple of cool japaneses band if you want more just let me know

Power Metal

Gauntlet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-siEIQGdC4

Galneryus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KN3ju3xPmo

Jupiter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xQM778WyeE

Kamijo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkaHvacCK1Q

All Female metal some of this band are just so Over the top and the have absolutely nothing to envy to any western male metaller

Cythia - this ladies kill!!
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1t1z ... ings_music

Mary's Blood
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLM2unV0kwU

Aldious
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQkhio7glys

Destrose
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_PoRIJxuDE

Melodic Death

Gyze
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1XbEDnThsk

Galmet (all girls)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnvrOLeRt-I

New Metal-Metalcore

Dazzle Vision - hot female singer!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVG_bBJU94A

Man with a mission
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzWcameJDow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lh1jDNxi0o

Crossfaith
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu1CgWt26VI

ColdRain
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZbALa9CVgA

One Ok Rock
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjZqcDYbvAE
    Within temptation, Deathstars, BABYMETAL, Draconian, Diablo Swing Orchestra, OOmph, Megahertz, Dimmu Borgir, Eisbreche, Pain, HEAVENWOOD, HIM, Dope Stars Inc., Ram-Zet, After Forever, The Birthday Massacre, The 69 eyes, Turmion Kätilöt
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:00 am

baymetal: fun, get them abroad
    poolgirls: fun, get them abroad - ow wait

both are good. stop bitching. there will be enough fun for everyone to come around

is it january yet ? :viking: :viking:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Dude, I talked to a couple of pool girls and I really can't justify any hate toward them. They were cool for the most part and they were actual metalheads who were musically familiar with the bands on the cruises. Also, I do know of a couple whom had to pay to get on the 2013 cruise, so they're not sucking dick for a free ride. They've done nothing wrong to me, so I say bring em on.

Yeah they're cool chicks and everything but what do they do besides promoting the cruise and making sure metalheads don't become lobsters in the Caribbean sun? Do they take drink orders?

No hate, I just haven't really grasped it's purpose either. And I always supply my own sunscreen.

2019 Wishlist:
    athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:30 pm

i would rather watch babymetal than many bands on each cruise, but i know people like those other bands, so no big deal. why this promotes so much bitching is beyond me. you dont like them, watch something else. there a few classic rock bands on this boat, so clearly the metal line is blurry anyway.

i have met several of the pool girls and they are cool as shit and serious metalheads. if they like the gig, great for them! and i always forget my sunscreen, so thats a bonus. try talking to a couple of them before you judge them.

now, i would not be happy of this was still on the ship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMGVNh4pQE

:death:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:20 am

athun wrote:i would rather watch babymetal than many bands on each cruise, but i know people like those other bands, so no big deal. why this promotes so much bitching is beyond me. you dont like them, watch something else. there a few classic rock bands on this boat, so clearly the metal line is blurry anyway.

i have met several of the pool girls and they are cool as shit and serious metalheads. if they like the gig, great for them! and i always forget my sunscreen, so thats a bonus. try talking to a couple of them before you judge them.

now, i would not be happy of this was still on the ship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMGVNh4pQE

:death:

The difference between BabyMetal and classic rock bands is BM is a commercial product, manufactured from Japan Idol. None of the girls even knew what metal was before the groups inception. I don't really care. I'd never buy an album or listen to their music, but I've seen them live just for entertainment. I'm not judging the pool girls, just don't get it. Sure I'd talk to them, as I would talk to anyone. I treat everyone equally.

2019 Wishlist:
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Had no idea this even existed, first impression on Gimme Chocolate was "this is a joke, right?", then moved on to Megitsune "This isn't so bad", moved to Ijime, Dame Zettai "This would be very enjoyable if it wasn't for the extremely high pitch of the little two girls". Overall, it's a band I could probably enjoy, maybe even like if they cut down on the poppy/techno (and WTF is up with the rap thing?), but I am NOT interested in having them on the cruise, I feel there are bands I'd probably like more, plus it seems to me they're a heavy post-production band, which would mean Live would most likely either suck, or be lipsync..

Is it metal? sure, well some of it is, looks like it's trying to embrace a much wider audience though and loses a lot in the process by adopting elements from other styles (techno, pop, rap for what I've seen so far) with a predominance of JPop, so it's kind of hard to say if it's a JPop band with Metal influences or the other way around.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:06 pm

how about a baby metal knock off from Korea Pritz
    http://www.metalinjection.net/kids-toda ... ng-outrage :cheers: :beerhorns: