Post Reply 459 posts
Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application

by slayergeek » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:54 am

I wanted to give a very special thank you to everyone who came up to me and thanked me for the app this year!

This year, with the new features, and especially with the lack of bugs, the app made the cruise that much easier for everyone who used it!

Speaking of bugs, there are currently some bugs in the post cruise report that I am working on, but there will be a fix available soon and we can all compare how many events we attended and what they were.

As always, I will be working on a new and improved version for next year!

See you guys on board in 2020!

Soooooon
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Hey guys, run your after cruise report and paste the results here. Let’s see how we did this year.

Update the app, as a version was just released yesterday to allow this feature to work.

To use be sure you marked all your shows in the 70K Bands app with the 🤘, click the share icon and paste the results in a Facebook post to the group.

These are the events I attended on the 70,000 Tons Of Metal Cruise
    Saw 32 Shows
    Saw part of 11 Shows
    Saw 5 Special Events

For Shows
    Accept 2 times
    Atrocity 2 times
    Blood Red Throne 1 time
    Bloodbath 2 times
    Bodyfarm 1 time
    Carnation 1 time
    Convulse 1 time
    Coroner 1 time
    Ensiferum 1 time
    Exmortus 1 time
    Fleshgod Apocalypse 2 times
    God Dethroned 2 times
    Grim Reaper 1 time
    Internal Suffering 1 time
    Kalmah 1 time
    Krisiun 2 times
    Masacre 1 time
    Mors Principium Est 2 times
    Nile 1 time
    Obituary 1 time
    Onslaught 1 time
    Perpetual Warfare 2 times
    Persefone 1 time
    Pestilence 2 times
    Sodom 2 times
    Soulfly 2 times
    Svartsot 1 time
    TYR 1 time
    The Black Dahlia Murder 1 time
    Vomitory 2 times
    Warbringer 1 time
    11 of those were partial shows
    For Special Events
    All Star Jam
    Belly Flop Contest
    Final Karaoke
    Karaoke
    Skipper's Thank You

http://www.facebook.com/70kBands
    Survivor

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:37 am

Thanks as always for your hard work on the app!

Regarding the issue with the app on my LG V20 -- full schedule not displaying and no button on the top right to bring it up -- what info do you need from me to try to troubleshoot the problem?
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:07 am

Pellaz wrote:
    Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:37 am

Regarding the issue with the app on my LG V20 -- full schedule not displaying and no button on the top right to bring it up -- what info do you need from me to try to troubleshoot the problem?
    Now that you have a proper Internet connection. If you click on a band do you see the schedule details for that band. I suspect you just had a bad Internet connection, as no one else reported any problems. If that is not the case, then tell me you were android version and I’ll see what I can do. Hard to reproduce in major issue when only one incident of it is discovered, but I can give it a shot.

Did anyone else have the issue of the schedule just not appearing on their android phone?
    Survivor

WishList
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:43 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:07 am
    Pellaz wrote:

Now that you have a proper Internet connection. If you click on a band do you see the schedule details for that band. I suspect you just had a bad Internet connection, as no one else reported any problems. If that is not the case, then tell me you were android version and I’ll see what I can do. Hard to reproduce in major issue when only one incident of it is discovered, but I can give it a shot.

Did anyone else have the issue of the schedule just not appearing on their android phone?
    Yes, on the boat when I clicked on a band name their scheduled times DID appear. They are doing so now as well, but there is no way to access to the full schedule listing.

From "system update history" on my phone: "Software updated to VS99520c November 17, 2018"
    It says it is currently up to date.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:08 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:43 pm
    slayergeek wrote:
    Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:07 am
    Pellaz wrote:

Yes, on the boat when I clicked on a band name their scheduled times DID appear. They are doing so now as well, but there is no way to access to the full schedule listing.

From "system update history" on my phone: "Software updated to VS99520c November 17, 2018"
    It says it is currently up to date.
    That almost sounds like the date on your phone was set into the future. Events disappear an hour after they have been started. I just released a new feature to beta, which be available to everyone soon, that allows you to shows ‘Expired Events’, this is now available under the ‘Filters’ screen.
    Survivor

WishList
    Yippee38
    Crewman

by Yippee38 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:48 pm

I have a feature request.

Is there any chance you could put the "filters" inside the options screen? I spent half the cruise swearing because I kept getting times for sets confused with signing sessions. Several people I talked to about it also didn't like it. Finally, somebody showed me where the tiny "filters" was in the upper-left corner. Just put it in the options so everybody can find it please.

BTW, I loved being able to switch between the timeline and alphabetical listings.

A couple other feature requests: It was be if when we marked bands we'd like to see, if we could give them a 1 set or 2 set rating.
    It would be great if we could then mark, "I saw this show". If it was a 2 set band, nothing happens. If a 1 set band, maybe have a pop-up that asks the user if they'd like to change them to a 2 set. If they say, "Yes", then change that band to a 2 set. If "No", then remove the second check or beer from that band, if the second set hasn't happened yet.

I'd also love it if the app had the capability of allowing me to make notes about a performance inside the app (per set).
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Yippee38 wrote:
    Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:48 pm
    I have a feature request.

Is there any chance you could put the "filters" inside the options screen? I spent half the cruise swearing because I kept getting times for sets confused with signing sessions. Several people I talked to about it also didn't like it. Finally, somebody showed me where the tiny "filters" was in the upper-left corner. Just put it in the options so everybody can find it please.

BTW, I loved being able to switch between the timeline and alphabetical listings.

A couple other feature requests: It was be if when we marked bands we'd like to see, if we could give them a 1 set or 2 set rating.
    It would be great if we could then mark, "I saw this show". If it was a 2 set band, nothing happens. If a 1 set band, maybe have a pop-up that asks the user if they'd like to change them to a 2 set. If they say, "Yes", then change that band to a 2 set. If "No", then remove the second check or beer from that band, if the second set hasn't happened yet.

I'd also love it if the app had the capability of allowing me to make notes about a performance inside the app (per set).
    I will make a poll and see if people like the

Must/Might/Won’t
    Or want to switch to 2 Sets,1 Set, 0 Sets

Moving filters to preferences is something I will consider, not sure if that is the right move, but if anyone else wants to weigh in, I am open.

One thing that I think will help, is previously ‘Filters’ was missing from the interface until the schedule was released. Today Filters will are always available, so hopefully more people will notice and explore this.

There were a lot of new features this year, and not all of them were super obvious. I did publish a manual, but not everyone seeks that out. I am going to publish a video with a feature walkthrough for next year, hopefully that might help.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Survivor

WishList
  • FinnPete
    Oiler

by FinnPete » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:38 am

slayergeek wrote:
    Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Must/Might/Won’t
    Would it be possible to have a 5 scale options? Something like 2 setter/at least 1 set/1 set/if there's time check this/no thanks. At least I had sometimes difficulties to remember which of the new "Maybe" bands is more interesting.
    Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am

Bug report: I spoke and showed you this at the meet-n-greet. Older Android, 4.4.4, when viewing notes, only appears correctly in vertical mode, horizontal orientation the notes are not visible.
    Wishlist 2020: Ranked in order of:
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Heilung
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Cattle_Decaptiation-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Rotting_Christ-/-Saturnus-/-Tengger_Cavalry-/-The_Heard-/-Vader-/-Vermilia-/-Visigoth-/-VUUR
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Amorphis-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Insomnium-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Meshuggah-/-Myrkur-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Orphaned_Land-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens
    Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Bob wrote:
    Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am
    Bug report: I spoke and showed you this at the meet-n-greet. Older Android, 4.4.4, when viewing notes, only appears correctly in vertical mode, horizontal orientation the notes are not visible.
    Yep, you did show me the bug, but the bug is not what you think it is.

The notes are supposed to disappear, that is intentional. The schedule was supposed to be visible, and on your phone it was not. So there is a bug, agreed, but the notes missing in horizontal mode is intentional.

I do have to cut data, or make the whole display scrollable when going from vertical to horizontal.

I chose to avoid scrolling and display everything in vertical and remove the notes in horizontal. I will ensure that for the next Android release this will work as designed.

If you would like to advocate for a different design choice, I am open to that.
    Survivor

WishList
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm

I would personally really like the "share" feature to either automatically list partial sets or have an option to do so. I caught 31 shows I think (I still have to update some stuff in the app that I messed up) and maybe 5 were full, my list is sad and I'd love to see em all.
    2019 - Cabin 1393
    Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:20 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:09 pm
    If you would like to advocate for a different design choice, I am open to that.
    Roger that. I'm good with your design, thanks!
    Wishlist 2020: Ranked in order of:
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Heilung
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Cattle_Decaptiation-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Rotting_Christ-/-Saturnus-/-Tengger_Cavalry-/-The_Heard-/-Vader-/-Vermilia-/-Visigoth-/-VUUR
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Amorphis-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Insomnium-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Meshuggah-/-Myrkur-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Orphaned_Land-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens
    Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 pm

AstridDragon wrote:
    Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm
    I would personally really like the "share" feature to either automatically list partial sets or have an option to do so. I caught 31 shows I think (I still have to update some stuff in the app that I messed up) and maybe 5 were full, my list is sad and I'd love to see em all.
    Share you output and let me know what you would want changed?

I do not list what bands are partial, but I do include how many full and how many partial shows you attended
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:30 pm

FinnPete wrote:
    Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:38 am
    slayergeek wrote:
    Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Must/Might/Won’t
    Would it be possible to have a 5 scale options? Something like 2 setter/at least 1 set/1 set/if there's time check this/no thanks. At least I had sometimes difficulties to remember which of the new "Maybe" bands is more interesting.
    I know some people want a more complicated scale, I am not sure if that is good idea.

It would complicate the filtering and the alert settings.

Right now there are 3 choices with 4 filters. Each filter is one click away. You can alert on Must, and Might, or just Must. For changing the scale to give more choices I would have to rework the filtering and alerting preferences.

Maybe hide all below 3? Seems like more than most would need.

Chime in you feel the change would be worth it. I am willing to create a poll and go with the crowd if we get a few 'I second that motion' here is the comments.
    Survivor

WishList
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:38 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 pm
    AstridDragon wrote:

I do not list what bands are partial, but I do include how many full and how many partial shows you attended
    For Shows
    Eluveitie 1 time
    Ensiferum 2 times
    Mors Principium Est 1 time
    Ne Obliviscaris 1 time
    Rage 1 time
    TYR 1 time
    2 of those were partial shows

I would want to see another section of that list that shows "partial" events.
    2019 - Cabin 1393
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:46 pm

AstridDragon wrote:
    Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:38 pm
    slayergeek wrote:
    Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 pm
    AstridDragon wrote:

For Shows
    Eluveitie 1 time
    Ensiferum 2 times
    Mors Principium Est 1 time
    Ne Obliviscaris 1 time
    Rage 1 time
    TYR 1 time
    2 of those were partial shows

I would want to see another section of that list that shows "partial" events.

So list shat individual bands were partial then? Or you attended 'part' of the pre-party of Karaoke?
    Survivor

WishList
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:49 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:46 pm

So list shat individual bands were partial then? Or you attended 'part' of the pre-party of Karaoke?
    I would say both, but if i had to pick one, it would be partial bands.
    2019 - Cabin 1393
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:06 am

Hey guys. Work has begun on the 2020 version of the 70K Bands app.

I have worked out a lot of the details as to where I will store data, and have a working version in late development on iOS and am starting work on the Android version.

In anticipation of the new version being release sometime in the near future, I have updated the privacy policy of the app.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Zh ... bURVi5YzJs

Assuming I get this version out before band announcement starts, 2019 data 'could' be reported on. The sample size will be lower than 2020, as not everyone will launch the app to report on 2019 data, but we will see what we get.

I have made the privacy policy very explicit as to what data is being captured, so hopefully even if you are a user concerned about privacy and are normally reluctant to let companies track information about you, you can be assure that this activity will not compromise your privacy in any way.

See you on board!
    Survivor

WishList
Post Reply 459 posts