Post Reply 20 posts Page 1 of 1
wich hotels were you at dit year
    jurjenmetal
    Oiler

wich hotels were you at dit year

by jurjenmetal » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:19 am

i was just wondering were everyone was staying this year.
    :deathmetal:
    2014 cabin 2026
    2016 cabin 7300
    2019 cabin 9401
  • Thyrfing
    Oiler

Re: wich hotels were you at dit year

by Thyrfing » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:34 am

South beach hostel!
    2015 2016
    2017 2018
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:56 am

We stayed at Hyatt Regency Pier sixty-six.

Very convenient and close to the cruise terminal. Not close to all the pre-party and beach activity.

Room was okay, but walls very thin, and not within easy walking distance of, well, anything really.

I would not recommend it.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:02 pm

Hollywood beachside Boutique--very nice,clean--no issues with overcharges or lost reservations like some other on Hollywood beach. The owner liked my " How come I'm so thirsty today, when I had so much to drink last night" shirt I wore the day we got off the ship :lol: She took some pics haha

Was a 15 min walk to the Riptide Beach party and close to bars and liquor store
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:15 pm

I stayed at the Atlantic Hotel and Spa. Will never stay there again. It was nice and on the beach but
    they bumped me my first night and I am sure it was because I booked 3rd party. My advice to everyone is not to book third party. This was my first and last time to do that.
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:39 pm

Colony - South Beach, like every Year....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes - 2021 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:04 pm

Hollywood Beach Hotel.
    I first booked the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort but they got rid of my reservation.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:11 pm

Bahia Mar on Fort Lauderdale Beach, was nice enough for the small amount of time I spent there. Was close enough to the Port, but was about a 30 dollar cab ride to all the pre events
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:52 am

Jaimie38 wrote:Hollywood beachside Boutique

Same here. Didn't really enjoy the place and the owners were not exactly kind, but at least we had no trouble with the reservation or the room, and the price was reasonable.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:20 am

I stayed with the Michigan crew @ the Riptide for 3 days,(cooking my ass off) nothing like being forced to cook bacon ... Since I've been a vegetarian for 24 years (that's being a true friend) then the last night with the Minnesota crew @ the Hollywood Beach Hotel . I had a blast can't wait for next year
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Best Western near the airport. It was fine. We arrived late the night before the cruise so just needed it for a bed and free breakfast. Also had an airport and cruise port shuttle so that was nice.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:04 pm

Rafael and I stayed at the Quality Inn FLL/Cruiseport South in Hollywood, and I recommend it for anyone who's driving in for the cruise.
    I booked it through stay123.com, and the deal included free parking at the hotel for the duration of the cruise and free shuttle to and from the pier. It was about $90 for the one night pre-cruise.
    Hotel room was fine, it's right by the interstate and it's within walking distance of restaurants and stores...and only a five-minute drive to the Riptide for the beach-party.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:35 pm

Hollywood Beach Hostel, and I wouldn't stay there again, they're thieves. I haven't gotten my $50 security deposit back, and attempted email communication with them has proven to be futile. They don't accept cash payment so it makes it easier for them to rip you off once you've left, and more difficult for you to reclaim it, instead of refunding cash upon checkout like every other hostel I've been to. Dodgy. So, stay there at your own risk, because they may try to rip you off too! Anyone else have problems with them, or is it just me?
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:40 pm

Conrad wrote:Hollywood Beach Hostel, and I wouldn't stay there again, they're thieves. I haven't gotten my $50 security deposit back, and attempted email communication with them has proven to be futile. They don't accept cash payment so it makes it easier for them to rip you off once you've left, and more difficult for you to reclaim it, instead of refunding cash upon checkout like every other hostel I've been to. Dodgy. So, stay there at your own risk, because they may try to rip you off too! Anyone else have problems with them, or is it just me?

I did, they charged my deposit twice. I pointed it out at the front desk (with proof), they gave me the email of a person to talk to and an upgrade to a very swank room. My charge was reversed about four days after I emailed the person.

I'm 50/50 on whether I'd go again. They handled it well and they were cheap, but I still had problems. I guess it depends if I go with someone and split a hotel room next year if I'll go again.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Who did you email?

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:23 pm

The two emails I was given were:

chela.garcia@southbeachgroup.com
    jessica.santiago@southbeachgroup.com

Apparently they work finances for the hotel chain, saw that I had the second charge when it didn't show up in the hotel's system itself, and could reverse the charges.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:41 am

Phoenix wrote:The two emails I was given were:

Apparently they work finances for the hotel chain, saw that I had the second charge when it didn't show up in the hotel's system itself, and could reverse the charges.

Thanks! I'll try one of those, and see if anything comes of it. I emailed the manager of the hostel and didn't get a response. Then I emailed through the general enquiries line which was bookings@southbeachgroup.com, and got a quick reply but weren't helpful, basically just told me to speak to my bank and I haven't heard from them since.

2019 Wishlist:
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:59 am

Conrad wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:The two emails I was given were:

Thanks! I'll try one of those, and see if anything comes of it. I emailed the manager of the hostel and didn't get a response. Then I emailed through the general enquiries line which was bookings@southbeachgroup.com, and got a quick reply but weren't helpful, basically just told me to speak to my bank and I haven't heard from them since.

Well hopefully you can get something out of them, otherwise you have to go through your bank for a charge back and no one wants that. Especially not the hotel.

biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:30 pm

Riptide. I've got my room booked again for next year :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    jurjenmetal
    Oiler

by jurjenmetal » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:48 am

i am looking at riptide to looks great :viking:
    2014 cabin 2026
    2016 cabin 7300
    2019 cabin 9401
Post Reply 20 posts Page 1 of 1