Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    epartos
    Petty Officer

Re: The Return of FIREWIND!

by epartos » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:06 am

Phoenix wrote:Did someone say Bodom?

At the Gates is nice since they're on my bucket list, but I've been wanting to see Bodom forever, I'd get VERY excited by Bodom :3

Within Temptation wouldn't be my speed... I'm more than good on the girlie front now.

COB are nice. I saw them at Sweden Rock a month ago. Also they are pretty crazy when it comes to drinking so I can imagine the parties with them being... a bit wild.
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:17 am

epartos wrote:Also they are pretty crazy when it comes to drinking so I can imagine the parties with them being... a bit wild.

They're Finnish, so it's kinda part of the job description :mrgreen: :stagger: :belly: :shots:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:31 am

Speedy wrote:
    epartos wrote:Also they are pretty crazy when it comes to drinking so I can imagine the parties with them being... a bit wild.

They're Finnish, so it's kinda part of the job description :mrgreen: :stagger: :belly: :shots:

Indeed! I managed their dressing room at Gates of Metal 2005, and there were a LOT of emptied vodka bottles in there. :chug:

• Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Prepare for Battle in the Caribbean!

by Andy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:22 am

Please welcome TURISAS onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2016, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Speedy
    Ensign

Re: Prepare for Battle in the Caribbean!

by Speedy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:24 am

DAMN! This lineup is looking great already! :wank: :wank: :wank:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:30 am

Turisas will make a lot of people happy, but they're a meh for me. However... ICED MOTHERFUCKING EARTH!!!!!! :shred: Also superrrr excited for Fleshgod, they're always great live :D Delain is a bonus since we had to miss their most recent set in Orlando. 3 wishlist so far, keep em comin' Andy!
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:32 am

Never seen Turisas so that will be a first!

Daenerys
    Midshipman

Re: Stardust under the caribbean Sky

by Daenerys » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:34 am

mooyagi wrote: NO Epica please.

Fixed :mrgreen:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Stardust under the caribbean Sky

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:38 am

Daenerys wrote:

solid editing skills (surgical precision)
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:57 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Daenerys wrote:

solid editing skills (surgical precision)

I went to school for a long time to be able to do that! ;)
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:58 am

Fingers crossed for Bolt Thrower!!! There are a lot of possible letters between Lacuna Coil and Turisas.....thinking there has to be a thrash band somewhere in the first ten.....maybe Overkill....hopefully Testament!!!

Not every band so far was on my wish list but every band so far has been something that I will definitely want to check out for at least one set. I had never listened to Firewind before today, and I am a new fan! Seems like they would be a blast live. They do a fucking cover of Maniac :lol: All I can picture is a room full of happy drunk metalheads Flashdancing and singing along!

How much of a head start do survivors usually get for booking? We are leaving for a vacation to Northern Ontario on Saturday morning....no internet!!!!! Have a feeling we're going to need to take the long trip back into the nearest town to try and find somewhere with wifi so that we can use the tablet to book this thing. Definitely don't want to wait a week and be stuck paying for one of the more expensive rooms.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:07 am

I'd have been so happy for Turisas five years ago. Now it's kind of a 'meh' for me.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:09 am

I'm gonna guess the first remaining band is either Children of Bodom (pleaseee?) or Bolt Thrower, and the second one Nightwish, Testament or (fingers crossed) Symphony X.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:18 am

Borkanagar or Candlemass for the open slot between A and D
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:24 am

Turisas sounds like the first folk announcement I needed to get me fired up ^_^ It's not Metsatoll, but it's something

bodomdragon wrote:I'm gonna guess the first remaining band is either Children of Bodom (pleaseee?) or Bolt Thrower, and the second one Nightwish, Testament or (fingers crossed) Symphony X.

Yeah, please Children of Bodom? Please?

I'd also accept Chthonic for the B or C band, and the L-T...

well, Scar Symmetry would make a pretty good candidate for me. Nightwish would also be pretty sweet.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:26 am

Phoenix wrote:Scar Symmetry would make a pretty good candidate for me. Nightwish would also be pretty sweet.

Scar Symmetry is a top-5 band announcement for me, only topped by Symphony X, Insomnium and maybe a couple more bands. But for some reason I can't see it happening today.
    Wishlist:

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:28 am

Turisas fucking kills in concert. I'm really stoked for this one.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:30 am

In 2010 I posted that Turisas was the best live band I had ever seen.

I've seen them like 5 times since then thinking that each one would be fun. Turisas hasn't been good live since 2008 :'( Even on the cruise when they performed - yeah, it was a ton of fun with everyone painted up and singing along and stuff, but the performance itself was very meh.

This would also be a pass for me. I don't even know what would get me interested anymore. I should probably make a wish list or something.
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:31 am

My bets for the 1st gap :

Blackguard
    Candlemass
    Cannibal corpse
    Carcass
    Channel Zero
    Children of Bodom
    Circle II Circle
    Coroner
    Cripper
    Crowbar
    Cryptopsy
    Cynic
    Dark funeral
    Dark Tranquillity
    Death
    Death Angel
    Diamond plate

For the 2nd :

Lizzy Borden
    Malevolent Creation
    Marduk
    Massacre
    Megora
    Metal Church
    Moonsorrow
    Moonspell
    My dying bride
    Nekrogoblikon
    Nevermore
    Nightmare
    Nightwish
    Nile
    Novembers doom
    Obituary
    Onslaught
    Orphaned land
    Overkill
    Poltergeist
    Pungent stench
    Rage
    Raven
    Riot
    Rising Storm
    Samael
    Sanctuary
    Sapiency
    Saxon
    Septic flesh
    Sinister
    Sodom
    Soilwork
    Sonata Artica
    Steel engraved
    Stratovarius
    Subway to sally
    Suffocation
    Swallow the sun
    Swashbuckle
    Symphony X
    Tankard
    Terrorizer
    Testament
    The absence
    The haunted
    Threat signal
    Tiamat
    Tristania
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:32 am

bodomdragon wrote:Scar Symmetry is a top-5 band announcement for me, only topped by Symphony X, Insomnium and maybe a couple more bands. But for some reason I can't see it happening today.

I don't know... I heard rumours that they're coming to North America and have a tour to announce sometime this year, it could happen. Especially since they confirmed that they were asked last year, wanted to but had to turn it down. I don't think it's out of the realm of possible, given what we've already seen in the past 24 hours.

With Sabaton already ruled out, that would make Scar Symmetry the #1 band I want to see on broad this year. I'd book for them.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:32 am

acidbasement wrote:Turisas fucking kills in concert. I'm really stoked for this one.

I've watched them like 5 or 6 times and I'll just say that I agree to disagree :D

Besides, I really liked their first two albums. The third one is mediocre and the last one is absolute bullshit.
    Wishlist:

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:35 am

Phoenix wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Scar Symmetry is a top-5 band announcement for me, only topped by Symphony X, Insomnium and maybe a couple more bands. But for some reason I can't see it happening today.

I don't know... I heard rumours that they're coming to North America and have a tour to announce sometime this year, it could happen. Especially since they confirmed that they were asked last year, wanted to but had to turn it down. I don't think it's out of the realm of possible, given what we've already seen in the past 24 hours.

With Sabaton already ruled out, that would make Scar Symmetry the #1 band I want to see on broad this year. I'd book for them.

I also think they could be onbroad, but from my point of view today's announcements are more renowned bands. I don't see Scar Symmetry in the same levels of popularity as Dragonforce, Turisas or Iced Earth. So maybe in a few months?
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:36 am

Ecliptica wrote: yeah, it was a ton of fun with everyone painted up and singing along and stuff, but the performance itself was very meh.

Hit it on the head - I like a good party though, and when they played in Calgary at Paganfest last year the pit for Rasputin was a gong show and that is exactly what I want to see on the boat again.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:03 am

Hi everybody! It's been awhile. :heavydrink:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Title: 20 Years of IRRELIGIOUS!

by Andy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:24 am

Please welcome MOONSPELL onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2016, commemorating 20 years since the release of their 1996 album Irreligious.

To celebrate, the band will perform Irreligious it's entirety for the first time ever as one of their 2 shows on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Title: 20 Years of IRRELIGIOUS!

by bodomdragon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:28 am

Not expected but nice one!!!
    Wishlist:

• ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:29 am

I hate to play devil's advocate, but the last band could very well be Babymetal. You don't think Andy would book them, do you? :lol:
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:32 am

ExtraneouS wrote:I hate to play devil's advocate, but the last band could very well be Babymetal. You don't think Andy would book them, do you? :lol:

so we can "lose them at sea" and never hear that crap again?

ps: nice brocas helm in the wishlist :cheers:
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:49 am

There went all my S related dreams :(

I actually haven't heard them yet - will need to take a listen to see what I think.

Now... between At the Gates and Delain... there's a lot of choice there. He saved it for last, so it's probably a big one.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:50 am

Okay, THAT'S an announcement that could get me on board. Moonspell is absolutely a top-10 live band for me, possibly top 5.

First definite two-setter for me.
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:51 am

Phoenix wrote:There went all my S related dreams :(

I actually haven't heard them yet - will need to take a listen to see what I think.

Now... between At the Gates and Delain... there's a lot of choice there. He saved it for last, so it's probably a big one.

Donata Arctica maybe ;)
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:51 am

It was in my list !
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

So... We takin' bets on the last announcement or what?
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:54 am

Nah there's too much variance. Though as for my guesses, Children of Bodom seems pretty good, or maybe...

It might be Bolt Thrower. Just maybe.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:57 am

I would think there's not much chance of getting Bolt Thrower to play the cruise, but, hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:58 am

Phoenix wrote:Nah there's too much variance. Though as for my guesses, Children of Bodom seems pretty good, or maybe...

It might be Bolt Thrower. Just maybe.

I'd also bet on one of these two. I'm not interested in Bolt Thrower so I hope it's Bodom!
    Last edited by bodomdragon on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Wishlist:

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:59 am

At this point Andy and UMC have proven that they can get a bunch of repeat bands every year. That's fantastic, I guess. Now, what else do you got?

Fleshgod is cool though, that's a start.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:08 am

Memnoch wrote:I would think there's not much chance of getting Bolt Thrower to play the cruise, but, hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.

This.

Bolt Thrower would guarantee a booking from me for sure. So far, this is not doing good. I booked a room for MDF incase.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:18 am

Moonspell and Turisas are both great adds. Never seen Turisas yet, Moonspell I saw this summer and really liked.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:20 am

bodomdragon wrote:Not expected but nice one!!!

I think Razor mentioned they were going to be on broad in the rumors thread.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
Post Reply 2908 posts