Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Please welcome GAMMA RAY!

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:37 pm

And Samael in broad terms could be classed as Black Metal?

That would make the last group of announcements Folk, Power, Power, Black, Black, Black, Black, Power, Black.

Bit different to this year when I was complaining about it being one Thrash band after another :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:49 pm

cowboy71 wrote:And Samael in broad terms could be classed as Black Metal?

One set will most likely be a Ceremony Of Opposites set, so yes, black metal.
    Last edited by Razor Ramon on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:51 pm

Gamma Ray. An excellent choice. At this point it doesn't even matter to me who else is added
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Gamma Ray is a big ol' nothing for me. I will not even do a walk threw.
    Samael will make up for that though.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Samael should be next, but I'm seeing them at MDF. So looking forward to the announcement after that one.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:26 pm

Does the crookedness of the Cradle of Filth logo on the artist page bother anybody else's OCD like it does mine?
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:08 pm

They all look off center on my phone.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:15 pm

Samael was great on the second cruise and especially their "disco" set. I'll see them play the Ceremony set in Eindhoven in December anyhow, so I'll most likely skip that on the boat.

How about some death metal? So far we have zero death metal bands (no, At the Gates, Fleshgod Apocalypse or Rotting Christ aren't death metal - they all have some death metal elements, but for the most part they're not death metal).
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:36 pm

Gamma Ray is another wishlist band for me.
    I'd be okay with some Death Metal now - I do need some time to eat after all ;)
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:55 am

Gamma Ray is a great choice...2 sets for me...
    :belly: :wank: :bangers: :bangers:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Loki-motive
    Oiler

by Loki-motive » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:29 am

Might have lost my mind a little bit about this one :whisky:
    Luxi
    Oiler

by Luxi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:35 am

Memnoch wrote:How about some death metal? So far we have zero death metal bands (no, At the Gates, Fleshgod Apocalypse or Rotting Christ aren't death metal - they all have some death metal elements, but for the most part they're not death metal).

How about Sadistic Intent? Or Gruesome? Or even Undead?
    Wish list for 2017:

Sadistic Intent, Hellwitch, Demilich, Infernäl Mäjesty, Sacrifice (Can), Razor, Possessed, Immolation, Hobbs' Angel of Death, Morbid Saint, Autopsy, Dr. Shrinker, Nuclear Assault, Denying Nazarene, Destructor, Morgoth.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:37 am

Sadistik Intent is a bit hit or miss live (although the gig at Jalometalli a few years back was damn good), so I'd rather see some other band onbroad. Gruesome is ok, but nothing special. Undead would be cool.

If I were to pick a few death metal bands for the cruise, Hail of Bullets, Cut Up, Antropomorphia, Morbid Angel (or in case they haven't figured out who plays in the band nowadays, Nader Sadek would be a good replacement) and, hmm, Hideous Divinity would be my top picks.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Welcome More Men From The Alps!

by Andy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:53 am

Please welcome SAMAEL onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2016, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Which Road will take us to number 30?

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: Welcome More Men From The Alps!

by DragonLordJones » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:58 am

So a little Manilla Road maybe ........ just the first band to pop in mind when reading the clue and where the next ? is. :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:06 am

DragonLordJones wrote:So a little Manilla Road maybe ........ just the first band to pop in mind when reading the clue and where the next ? is. :cheers: :beerhorns:

And they are from WHICHita ;)
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:11 pm

These guys are also playing MDF next year, but I don't mind the overlap. It's not like I spent money for MDF to see Samael. The stoner bands and a few grind and thrash acts are the draw for me there.

I have no idea at all about this next clue. We have half the bands before the end of summer, though. That's amazing.

Probably some of the next bands will be acts at Heavy Montreal. I'm still crossing fingers for Ihsahn. Faith No More would be killer, but I won't hold my breath.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:01 pm

Azazel101 wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:So a little Manilla Road maybe ........ just the first band to pop in mind when reading the clue and where the next ? is. :cheers: :beerhorns:

And they are from WHICHita ;)

Nice :lol:
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Samael and Manilla Road. Two bands that I'd catch a set from if I had time, but the way this lineup has gone so far, I won't have time!! :P

Half way there, and 7 bands off my wishlist so far, 1 of which (Rhapsody of Fire) I've never had the pleasure of seeing live before.

Well played thusfar skipper!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Samael and Manilla Road. Two bands that I'd catch a set from if I had time, but the way this lineup has gone so far, I won't have time!! :P

Half way there, and 7 bands off my wishlist so far, 1 of which (Rhapsody of Fire) I've never had the pleasure of seeing live before.

Well played thusfar skipper!

Alright Skipper, Statsman is happy... now where are all the death metal bands? :D
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Yeah Stats has more wishlist bands than me now. So now its back to my turn!!!! :cheers:
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:23 pm

Memnoch wrote:Morbid Angel (or in case they haven't figured out who plays in the band nowadays

a request on FMF before the cruise, Terry Butler said MA is a mess and won't be around for awhile. :lol: :cry:

The massive NO from Hail of Bullets makes me think, it's really a no. So bummed.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Samael, cool.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:10 am

Bring on the prog man! So far not even a hint of prog at all, not even a band with "Some prog elements"
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:06 am

Eh... so much black...

Much as I want to see Carach, At the Gates and Bodom at least once in my life, I'm not excited by the rest of it. Unless Andy pulls a miracle out of his ass and like... I dunno, revives Silent Civilian from the ashes, I see myself giving in to the weak Canadian dollar and sitting this year out.

I love Sabaton and Kamelot as much as anyone but I'm really not much into weenie otherwise...
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    Luxi
    Oiler

by Luxi » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:46 am

Now gimme some more FUCKIN' T-H-R-A-S-H, Andy!!!! :shred:

Yes, I know I am whining now like a lil' girl... (*ooops*) :?
    Wish list for 2017:

Sadistic Intent, Hellwitch, Demilich, Infernäl Mäjesty, Sacrifice (Can), Razor, Possessed, Immolation, Hobbs' Angel of Death, Morbid Saint, Autopsy, Dr. Shrinker, Nuclear Assault, Denying Nazarene, Destructor, Morgoth.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:02 pm

I have never listen to Manilla Road before today but they will bring some variety to the line up.
    I will catch a few songs if they are our next band
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:38 pm

So lets assume that Manilla Road are the next, 30th, band announced.

At the half-way point that makes the (VERY BROAD) categorisation of bands as follows. Figure in brackets on the right, is how many of that genre were on broad in 2015:

8 Black Metal (6)
    7 Power Metal (2)
    4 Female fronted 'girlie' metal (0)
    3 Melodic Death (4)
    2 Doom (1)
    2 Folk (7)
    2 Thrash (15)
    1 Viking (0)
    1 Technical Death (1)

And yes - VERY BROAD okay! I realise that Manilla Road could almost be classed as thrash, depending on album Samael are not exactly Black, Aura Noir is blackened thrash, etc.

So IF there was to be an attempt to level things up compared to 2015, we will see a hell of a lot of Thrash, Death, Folk, 'classic' metal/hard rock, and a bit of prog coming up in the remaining 30.

No guarantees of that though! I thought (hoped) that would happen with power/girlie bands for 2015 and it didn't.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

The End of the Road for Game 3

by Andy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:16 pm

Please welcome #30 out of 60, MANILLA ROAD on broad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Stay tuned for the fourth game...

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: The End of the Road for Game 3

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:26 pm

Obvious addition was obvious.

Bring on the next round!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:28 pm

Time for another booked band to blow their cover and bring the next game faster? :mrgreen:
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Hmm...

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:29 pm

1/2 way their.
    1st half not bad
    can not wait too see what the second half brings
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:32 pm

2nd lot of 30 bands were REALLY DISMAL for me this year. Hoping for better this time around, but certainly not counting on it.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:33 pm

Definitly enjoy the first 30, despite some bands I wont catch a set for, good to know the first 30. When we begin round 4? Hopefully before the end of the month! Yes? Please! :beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:34 pm

cowboy71 wrote:2nd lot of 30 bands were REALLY DISMAL for me this year. Hoping for better this time around, but certainly not counting on it.

How many did we know a year ago today? I can't remember. Thanks in advance. :beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:34 pm

cowboy71 wrote:2nd lot of 30 bands were REALLY DISMAL for me this year. Hoping for better this time around, but certainly not counting on it.

The second half will bring more Cripper Award nominees.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Hmm...

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:35 pm

I'm still waiting for a wish list band 30 bands and not one I was hoping for. (YET) :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:48 pm

Jimbo2392 wrote:

How many did we know a year ago today? I can't remember. Thanks in advance. :beerhorns:

Pretty similar actually - we knew 27. Got to 30 by the end of August (Einherjer) then things went pretty quiet - 2 announcements late September, then Venom late November, then announcements started flowing again mid December:

27 Aug Einherjer
    23 Sep Amorphis
    26 Sep Artillery
    26 Nov Venom
    17 Dec Pretty Maids
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:50 pm

I'd be cool to just sail with the 30 bands we have so anything added now is a bonus to me :viking:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:06 am

I'm loving the lineup so far! :wank: :wank: :wank:
    I Andy could book just one of Ancient Bards, Battlelore, Pagan's Mind or Van Canto, I'd be totally OK with 29 shite bands for the rest.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
Post Reply 2908 posts