Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    Warphine
    Ensign

Re: A DEAD CROSS To Start The Final Round Of Our Game

by Warphine » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Warphine wrote:
    Jephi wrote:Fallujah and Nervosa seem certain. No idea for the other spot, but I hope it's GHOUL… or maybe Gorguts.

Ghoul is nothing short of amazing live. Would love another chance to see them!

Jephi you called it! :heavydrink:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Warphine
    Ensign

Re: Three From The Americas

by Warphine » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:29 pm

Stoked for Fallujah and Ghoul! Two solid two setter bands for me!

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:42 pm

Can't wait to see Fallujah!!

I'm not super familiar with Ghoul but after giving them a listen and checking out a live show on Youtube....holy shit!! These guys are awesome!

I have never heard of No Raza before. Streaming their most recent album and these guys are really fucking good too!!

This lineup is getting insanely fucking good!!!

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:This lineup is getting insanely fucking good!!!

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

THIS!

Even though I've only gotten one true wishlist band (Insomnium), I got a ton of great bands that I've already seen to see again which makes this easily the best lineup out of all the cruises for me, including BTH. Just phenomenal.

PARTY!

• elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Nice additions. Ghoul puts on a great live show!

Immolation is fine with me. Bring on the death and thrash!
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:05 pm

If anyone doesn't know, GHOUL is like a GWAR when it comes to live shows, with guys in costumes and characters that come out and say funny shit. At MDF they were throwing glow sticks into the crowd by the handful, too. Actually, if we were to have a pillow fight again, this would be the fucking band. It's going to be a PAR-TAY.

I just don't even know when I'm gonna sleep. There should be a cruise add-on, some service that carries you off the boat on a stretcher, because I'm gonna need one!

Also about Fallujah, I definitely like them. They're not a top band but very cool. I'll have to check out No Raza.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:12 pm

All three bands sounds good. I'm really impressed with the past few bands that were added. Even though the names are new to me, they are all my kind of metal, and what we were lacking for (Death and Thrash) we now have.

And if we do get Immolation :deathmetal:

Anybody found a good quality song of Dead Cross, they do sound punk from what I heard on youtube, but it's hard to say if it goes towards Crossover. Not a fan of Punk, but I love Crossover, I think I'll try to stop by, I'm sure it will be high energy. It will be hard though as there is now so many bands I want to see. So far there's around 40 bands that I will try to catch at least a part of their set. 33 that I don't want to miss.

Only a few days to go and 6 more bands to be announced!!!!

Dying Fetus??? Amon Amarth??? Immolation ???
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:13 pm

Ghoul are like surf rock thrash metal and are hilarious live.

Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:22 pm

So the next clue is a single band so therefore likely not a Cripper contender and will be a relatively well known name (in death metal circles at least).

I think there are probably only three possibilities. Immolation, Incantation or Impaled (Ghoul pulling double duty).
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:23 pm

Dead Cross

Fallujah, Ghoul, No Raza
    I would check out all these bands, if nothing more important wasn't happening.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    capacitator51
    Oiler

by capacitator51 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:28 pm

SaraMarie wrote:There should be a cruise add-on, some service that carries you off the boat on a stretcher, because I'm gonna need one!

Or in a hot tub, maybe?

I'm suddenly feeling a little overwhelmed, too--so many suprisingly exciting announcements. :cheers:
    -|-Barren Earth-Behemoth-Devin.Townsend-Dimmu.Borgir-Enslaved-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Inquisition-Insomnium-In Vain-Kvelertak-Leprous-NeO-Oak.Pantheon-Rotting Christ-Septicflesh-Soen-Swallow.the.Sun-|-
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:49 pm

Last Year
    Weak Line up for many
    Too much needless fluff (pillow fights ,hockey game that never happened ,album listening etc.)
    This Year you have 3 jobs to do
    1) Get good line up
    2)Build a pool stage on time
    3)Have merch to sell
    You are on a boat in the middle of the ocean with Metal ,everything else with take care of itself
    :shred:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:12 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Too much needless fluff (pillow fights ,hockey game that never happened ,album listening etc.):

I fully agree on the hockey and listening parties. I was on the same page at first on the pillow flight, but having been there, I have to say, that was awesome.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:....
    I think there are probably only three possibilities. Immolation, Incantation or Impaled (Ghoul pulling double duty).

I'd like Immolation or Impaled. I don't much care for Incantation. That said, I recall Moxie mentioning a member of Incantation telling him they were booked. I hope he was wrong.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Out of those choices I would take Immolation.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
  • Nocturnalbunny
    Oiler

by Nocturnalbunny » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:40 pm

Do we have enough American Death Metal, or should we bring along even more?

I think we have a great amount of American Death metal, so is it possible that this clue could be a misdirect? Or I am reading too much into this?
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:33 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:I think there are probably only three possibilities. Immolation, Incantation or Impaled (Ghoul pulling double duty).

Holly shit.
    If he booked Immolation I would forgive him half of his screw ups.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:11 pm

Immolation would be super awesome, but Impaled is more likely given Ghoul members :-( No comparison between the two IMO.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:17 pm

[code][/code]
    Godflesh wrote:Fallujah is a really great band IMO, thanks to you guys for making me discover it - I can't thank Andy unless/until it's announced :-)

There it is, thanks a lot Andy for Fallujah, it compensates the Ne Obliviscaris screw-up for me :-)
    Plus there already are too many violins on this boat, at least we won't get bored if we hit an iceberg :-)
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:54 am

Godflesh wrote:Immolation would be super awesome, but Impaled is more likely given Ghoul members :-( No comparison between the two IMO.

I refuse to let go of my hope until announcement. I may keep dreaming for few more days :mrgreen: based on speed of announcements :twisted:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:43 am

I Fully support IMMOLATION too.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Luxi
    Oiler

by Luxi » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:10 am

Let this next announcement be Immolation... Please! :deathhorns:
    Wish list for 2017:

Sadistic Intent, Hellwitch, Demilich, Infernäl Mäjesty, Sacrifice (Can), Razor, Possessed, Immolation, Hobbs' Angel of Death, Morbid Saint, Autopsy, Dr. Shrinker, Nuclear Assault, Denying Nazarene, Destructor, Morgoth.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:45 am

Immolation at 5:30 in the morning was freaking Amazing :shred:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j_BqFVcct8
    Swallow the Fear and Dawn of Possession
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Nocturnalbunny
    Oiler

by Nocturnalbunny » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:23 am

Nocturnalbunny wrote:Do we have enough American Death Metal, or should we bring along even more?

I think we have a great amount of American Death metal, so is it possible that this clue could be a misdirect? Or I am reading too much into this?

So, everyone ignoring me means that it can't be Impaled Nazarene then.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:25 am

Impaled Nazarene is not American. You can't look into things too much, it's pretty much always the most obvious.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:29 am

Godflesh wrote:Plus there already are too many violins on this boat, at least we won't get bored if we hit an iceberg :-)

:lol: :lol:

Fucking funny! Nearly spit my coffee up ..haha
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:42 am

Razor Ramon wrote:Impaled Nazarene is not American. You can't look into things too much, it's pretty much always the most obvious.

right! that is all most like he put the ?mark in the wrong spot just to throw us off
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:47 am

Nocturnalbunny wrote:
    Nocturnalbunny wrote:Do we have enough American Death Metal, or should we bring along even more?

So, everyone ignoring me means that it can't be Impaled Nazarene then.

I wish it could be, but they will play MDF at least. I guessed pretty quickly they are not American. Since this year feels like MDF 2015 part II, maybe they'll be on next year. ;)

I don't mind if it's Incantation, or really if it's anything at this point. I'm plenty over-booked with bands I want to see. However I'd love to see something grindy added and/or a cross-over band. Agoraphobic Nosebleed or Pig Destroyer and then DRI, Lich King or Iron Reagan.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:47 am

SaraMarie wrote:If anyone doesn't know, GHOUL is like a GWAR when it comes to live shows, with guys in costumes and characters that come out and say funny shit. At MDF they were throwing glow sticks into the crowd by the handful, too. Actually, if we were to have a pillow fight again, this would be the fucking band. It's going to be a PAR-TAY.

I just don't even know when I'm gonna sleep. There should be a cruise add-on, some service that carries you off the boat on a stretcher, because I'm gonna need one!

Also about Fallujah, I definitely like them. They're not a top band but very cool. I'll have to check out No Raza.

Yes! I just posted on Facebook about a GHOUL pillowfight. I'm pretty sure that's going to be a thing. Ghoul blood and pillows flying through the air while there's a giant ass hot tub mosh pit in the background? Yeah, gonna be a good time.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:11 am

SaraMarie wrote:
    I don't mind if it's Incantation, or really if it's anything at this point. I'm plenty over-booked with bands I want to see. However I'd love to see something grindy added and/or a cross-over band. Agoraphobic Nosebleed or Pig Destroyer and then DRI, Lich King or Iron Reagan.

This so Much!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:54 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:If anyone doesn't know, GHOUL is like a GWAR when it comes to live shows, with guys in costumes and characters that come out and say funny shit. At MDF they were throwing glow sticks into the crowd by the handful, too. Actually, if we were to have a pillow fight again, this would be the fucking band. It's going to be a PAR-TAY.

Yes! I just posted on Facebook about a GHOUL pillowfight. I'm pretty sure that's going to be a thing. Ghoul blood and pillows flying through the air while there's a giant ass hot tub mosh pit in the background? Yeah, gonna be a good time.

Haha, I'd rather it be in the ice rink room where we don't have to worry about tripping over shit, that's where the pillow fight was before. I'm bringing a travel pillow, so if we do it and security says no ship pillows, I'll have something they can't take. Anyway, no one can complain about silliness at a GHOUL show. That's 100% their point.

It would also be great to get Keyser on our side of the stage for that... I'm sure it's crossed his mind. He can finally get revenge for us dicks who have been throwing pillows at them ever since. :headbanger:
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:29 pm

Azazel101 wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:

This so Much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would take any of those! Every time a new band is announced I keep wanting to tell him that he spelled Pig Destroyer wrong. :D
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Onward To Jamaica, Via Golgotha

by Andy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:54 pm

Please welcome INCANTATION onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Next up… Something else from the other end of the World?

• elj4176
    Petty Officer

Re: Onward To Jamaica, Via Golgotha

by elj4176 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Anciients fits the letters but not sure about the rest of the clue.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:13 pm

end of the world = a far country from the usa. ANGELUS APATRIDA may be ?
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:27 pm

"World" is capitalized.. so World is maybe in the band name? The only thing I've found is Another World from Poland. Never heard of them, and they haven't updated their Facebook page in 6 months... just a wild guess.
    Last edited by Mr. HCI on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Luxi
    Oiler

by Luxi » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:30 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:end of the world = a far country from the usa. ANGELUS APATRIDA may be ?

This was the first name that came to my mind too...

Let it be this great Spanish Thrash act Angelus Apatrida then! THHRRRAASSHHH!!!!! :shred:
    Wish list for 2017:

Sadistic Intent, Hellwitch, Demilich, Infernäl Mäjesty, Sacrifice (Can), Razor, Possessed, Immolation, Hobbs' Angel of Death, Morbid Saint, Autopsy, Dr. Shrinker, Nuclear Assault, Denying Nazarene, Destructor, Morgoth.
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:35 pm

ARCTURUS is also a very far star from here.
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Google states: through the exact center of the earth from anywhere in the 48 contiguous United States, you'd come out in the Indian Ocean. Are we getting a band from Australia? :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:58 pm

I'm predicting Arkona.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
Post Reply 2908 posts