Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1
2016 Port Wish List
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

2016 Port Wish List

by Azazel101 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:15 pm

sorry if this has been started all ready.
    I pick Haiti or return to Jamaica.

St. Martin would be my #1 choice but am not seeing that as an option.
    Not sure if RC does not sail their or if it is to far for a 4 day cruise.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 2016 Port Wish List

by klons » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:37 pm

I'd just like something closer than Ocho Rios was. Great that we CAN go to further off lands, but dealing with the crazy winds just isn't worth it - makes the pool deck a bit of a pain in the ass at times (I'm sure the construction crew would love it too!).

Mind you, heading back to Cockburn would get me off the boat again.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:47 pm

I would be interested in going to Mexico so I can check out the pyramids, never been there. Jamaica I didn't give a single shit about, same goes for Haiti.

If going to St. Martin meant you could see this..
    ..then that would be awesome.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:24 pm

In order of preference:
    • Labadee (RC's private resort area), Haiti
    • Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos
    • Cozumel, QR, Mexico
    • Little Stirrup Cay ("CocoCay"), Bahamas*

* = probably impossible due to tendering

I was thinking maybe La Romana in Dominican Republic, but I think it would be out of range for a 4-night cruise. (If there's a cruise port on the northern shore of D.R. it would be do-able). Anywhere to the SE of Hispaniola would, alas, be out of range.

And yeah, I want to go to Maho Beach on St. Martin someday and watch the planes land. :twisted:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • Disco
    Chief Petty Officer

by Disco » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:51 am

I'm all for Cancun baby. :cool:
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:46 am

Disco wrote:I'm all for Cancun baby. :cool:

Me too, and it would be within range, but Cancun isn't a cruise port at all. (Which is weird.)

Playa del Carmen, on the same coast (opposite Cozumel), is the next-closest port....but it's only being visited twice, by small ships, in the next few years: http://ports.cruisett.com/
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:58 am

Disco wrote:I'm all for Cancun baby. :cool:

i agree...Cancun for me too please :viking: :death:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:15 pm

I love St. Maarten, been there 2 times to watch Planes.
    [url][/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui37hLreoc8url]

But it's too far away and this is a Music Cruise and not a Sightseeing Cruise. So why not Labadee or Turks again. Or any other close Port without Tenders......
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes - 2021 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    HDAngie
    Petty Officer

by HDAngie » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Lala, I agree..... :beerbang:
    70K Survivor 2012 cabin 3401
    70K Survivor 2013 cabin 4546
    70K booked 2014 cabin 9038
    70K booked 2015 cabin 7566
    70K booked 2016 cabin 6562
    70K booked 2017 cabin 7566
    70K booked. 2018 cabin 7318
    hdangie@yahoo.de
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:38 am

To me it is totally no matter what port visited by the ship.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:09 am

A small, out of the way island with nice beaches and cheap drinks.

Tourist traps in the Carribean are useless to me - Nassau and Jamaica were both completely underwhelming and way overpriced. The most fun I've ever had in port was on a small island.

Dollar shots? I think we could all deal with that after a day or two on a cruise ship.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Demons_&_Wizards--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Gloryhammer--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Iced_Earth--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:21 am

Tono_Fyr wrote:A small, out of the way island with nice beaches and cheap drinks.

Tourist traps in the Carribean are useless to me - Nassau and Jamaica were both completely underwhelming and way overpriced. The most fun I've ever had in port was on a small island.

Dollar shots? I think we could all deal with that after a day or two on a cruise ship.

You're basically describing Grand Turk. And I'd be happy with that. :headbanger:

Maybe Labadee too, except the drinks wouldn't be as cheap.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:30 am

I would like a place with some historical background, am not much into beaches and drinks, so i would like a place where tjere are interesting places to go to, mexico i think can offer that, along with beaches and drinks for those who want that
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1