Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1
DVD of 70<Bands
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

DVD of 70<Bands

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:02 pm

ok especially with the new ship and it's recording capabilities , when will we receive a 70k cruise dvd/documentary .... some of us saw the concert videos to the rooms of shows, so we know what the ship is capable of. Why still no dvd?

I know a few bands have 70k videos added to special cd editions 3 that come to mind Candlemass, Cripper and LMO ......... but why nothing more?

We want an official dvd or more video from bands (please make this happen) :givebeer: :cheers: :beerhorns:

Nothing against the hundred of fan videos out there, I'd just like more official videos with great sound from the cruise ($$$$$) ;)
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

Re: DVD of 70<Bands

by Jimbo2392 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:16 pm

I would buy one, so I can show my friends back home what they missed out on. Especially if I know I appeared on the dvd myself. :beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:30 am

I feel like we've been talking about this since 2011 and I'm shocked nothing has been done yet.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:26 am

Add to the list of things that are puzzling about 70K :P

- Why hasn't there been a DVD/Bluray released yet?
    - Why haven't veterans got their 'special gift' yet?
    - Why did we only very briefly have a '70k Merch store' online?

Anything else? :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:49 am

cowboy71 wrote:Add to the list of things that are puzzling about 70K :P

This is a deep cut and no one will get the reference but it made me laugh.

I think that Andy himself is a bit puzzling. So many things the forum fiends have pointed out over the years would improve his margins and he refuses to do them.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:44 am

MANOWAR!
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:15 am

The most simple answer is the best with the lack of merch,the money gained isn't worth the time spent doing it.The first blu-ray sent out gets bootlegged and shared on web sites.Progpower USA used to be ( and maybe still is) .so anal about keeping anyone from filming and then checking YouTube after the concert to stop all videos.Then they released their show on DVDs mostly pre sold at the show,that is the only way to do it right .Take all the orders on the ship and then add some on line pre sales , make the number of DVDs you need and that is it.Same reason you can only buy stuff on the ship , they know almost exactly by now how much to order and that is it.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:23 am

deathmetalpat wrote:The most simple answer is the best with the lack of merch,the money gained isn't worth the time spent doing it.The first blu-ray sent out gets bootlegged and shared on web sites.Progpower USA used to be ( and maybe still is) .so anal about keeping anyone from filming and then checking YouTube after the concert to stop all videos.Then they released their show on DVDs mostly pre sold at the show,that is the only way to do it right .Take all the orders on the ship and then add some on line pre sales , make the number of DVDs you need and that is it.Same reason you can only buy stuff on the ship , they know almost exactly by now how much to order and that is it.

That's a good point. They could make it free for everyone by uploading the file to a website and letting people download it, where they could burn it to a disk so UMC doesn't have to worry about making their money back from selling DVDs.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • erik13
    Oiler

by erik13 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:51 pm

An online merch store with a code for only cruisers would be a GREAT thing. I'd rather spend my time enjoying myself than standing in line 3 hours for a shirt...
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:15 pm

erik13 wrote:

An online merch store with a code for only cruisers would be a GREAT thing. I'd rather spend my time enjoying myself than standing in line 3 hours for a shirt...

I found that it was better to just hit one of the random merch tables when there is no one in line, which happens later on in the evening/afternoon. Sure, the selection's not always great, but hell, it's a lot better than wasting what precious little time there is to spend on the boat waiting around.

For all the shit everyone always talks about this festival on these forums, I have to say, I had one of the best times of my entire life while aboard.

As far as the topic at hand, hell yeah I'd buy a DVD. I'd probably be willing to buy several, even.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
  • VibrationsOfDoom
    Wiper

by VibrationsOfDoom » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:04 pm

Hey Tonyo!!! Wow, I think I know you... :) Used to live down in Savannah myself...

Still doing that music magazine thing... Hopefully I'll be on the ship next year...
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:07 pm

Never mind a DVD, with even just ONE song from each of 60 bands we'd be talking about a box-set. :lol:

As for merch, the only way to shorten the wait during the peak times would be to have more "personal shoppers" available (the folks "behind the rail" who grab your selections for you), and a few more point-of-sale checkouts to process the card transactions.
    Neither is likely....although I wonder how many extra volunteers UMC could get as "personal shoppers" -- if your reward were first crack at the merch with no waiting. :cool:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1