Post Reply 18 posts Page 1 of 1
So, is basketball court used only for forum gatherings...
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

So, is basketball court used only for forum gatherings...

by dlakavi_gusar » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:05 am

...or someone actually plays it sometime? :)

It's my first cruise, and I never played it on cruiser ships, it must be extraordinary experience. Looking forward to it :)
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: So, is basketball court used only for forum gatherings..

by bodomdragon » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:53 am

dlakavi_gusar wrote:...or someone actually plays it sometime? :)

It's my first cruise, and I never played it on cruiser ships, it must be extraordinary experience. Looking forward to it :)

Well, I tried to arrange a match with people from this forum last year, but unfortunately the timings once onboard didn't really help and it couldn't happen.

While we were sailing the wind was - and will be - strong, which makes it quite impossible to play in decent conditions. I think the best chance of playing some decent match will be while we are stopped in Jamaica. Count me in, by the way, and probably some of my friends too ;)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:14 am

The basketball court is great. Was too windy last year while the ship was moving. But I was on it while docked in Miami waiting to leave and in Jamaica.
    Should try to get a game on the go this year.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:37 am

We brought our kids last year, ages 5 and 7, and we made use of the b-ball court. Other people were using it too, but it wasn't the busiest part of the ship.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:38 pm

forum meet-ups haven't gone so well for the past couple cruises - between the Muster Drill and bands starting earlier .... also people trying to get into their rooms ......... kinda sucks. but for the question of B-Ball yeah while the boat is moving not the best experience from what I've seen.

On that note while at bay or parked at port of call would be your best bet for a good game. :cheers:
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:04 am

DragonLordJones wrote:forum meet-ups haven't gone so well for the past couple cruises - between the Muster Drill and bands starting earlier .... also people trying to get into their rooms ......... kinda sucks. but for the question of B-Ball yeah while the boat is moving not the best experience from what I've seen.

On that note while at bay or parked at port of call would be your best bet for a good game. :cheers:

Forum gatherings should be at the Pub :party:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:59 am

Awesome :) so going in early and playing while in Miami port sounds like a reasonable plan. Not quite sure about the day in Jamaica, you don't see Jamaica every day, it's probably wiser spending it outside. Maybe just a game or two.

Anyway, anyone wanting to join will be more than welcome :)

What about the ball, can we get it somewhere on the cruiser or we have to carry our own?
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:12 am

dlakavi_gusar wrote:What about the ball, can we get it somewhere on the cruiser or we have to carry our own?

They have balls on the boat, regardless of how weird this sentence may sound :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:04 am

lol :viking:

2016. Survivor (2588)
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:34 am

dlakavi_gusar wrote:Awesome :) so going in early and playing while in Miami port sounds like a reasonable plan.

Sounds like a terrible plan to me, considering the boat will never be in Miami ;)
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:57 am

biertroll wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:forum meet-ups haven't gone so well for the past couple cruises - between the Muster Drill and bands starting earlier .... also people trying to get into their rooms ......... kinda sucks. but for the question of B-Ball yeah while the boat is moving not the best experience from what I've seen.

Forum gatherings should be at the Pub :party:

Seriously!
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Before all that Chimay runs out :trashdrink:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:32 pm

biertroll wrote:Before all that Chimay runs out :trashdrink:

Chimay is love, Chimay is life
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:23 pm

Kingslayer wrote:
    biertroll wrote:Before all that Chimay runs out :trashdrink:

Chimay is love, Chimay is life

It damn well better be at $20 a pop :lol: :beerbang:

Deck ? 2020
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:24 pm

Because I'm such a nice guy, I won't drink any of the Chimay, so there's more for you guys. And I hate Belgian ales. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:33 pm

Memnoch wrote:Because I'm such a nice guy, I won't drink any of the Chimay, so there's more for you guys. And I hate Belgian ales. :beerwink:

It's the only thing half decent. Otherwise it's Dogfish and the big guys. I don't know how many years it will take us for Royal Caribbean to not insult our taste and get us something other than big beer onbroad.

I would love me some Harviestoun

Deck ? 2020
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:39 pm

I'm fine with SNPA. It might not be the best APA around but gets the job done. I'll try and get my fair share of good brews before and after the cruise.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 am

klons wrote:Sounds like a terrible plan to me, considering the boat will never be in Miami ;)

lol, dude, c'mon, you what I meant :D I'm half a globe away, right now the whole Florida is Miami to me :)

2016. Survivor (2588)
Post Reply 18 posts Page 1 of 1