Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: The Heaviest Ship In The Universe

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:42 am

DragonLordJones wrote:DEMOLITION HAMMER would destroy the ship :beerhorns:

Seriously!!!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:46 am

Dead Cross!!!!!! :lol:
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - It has been a blast and I will miss everyone but it is a big NOPE for me!
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:47 am

Deathhammer, Demolition Hammer, or Deströyer 666 would rule!

I'll take Destruction too but I saw them a few boats ago already.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:49 am

mbob wrote:Dead Cross!!!!!! :lol:

That would certainly make a lot of people happy. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:51 am

Whatever the next band is, it sounds like it'll be heavy. :shred:

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

• bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:58 am

Next one sounds like Demolition Hammer to me. Not that I care too much.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:00 pm

Andy wrote:French metal titans GOJIRA will be joining us onbroad Round 7 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. Our 154,000ton luxury cruise liner just became the heaviest ship in the universe!

PUBLIC SALES for 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 will start on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 3PM EDT / 9PM CEST. Don't miss the boat! Book your cabin as soon as the gates open and step onbroad with sailors from over 70 different countries!

Who else can we invite to destroy this ship? Try a "D"...

OMG YES YES YES

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:00 pm

bodomdragon wrote:Next one sounds like Demolition Hammer to me. Not that I care too much.

Or Destruction. Or Destroyer 666. All of which are of zero interest to me. Here's hoping it's another red herring and we actually get Dark Tranquillity.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:01 pm

Not gonna lie - I have yet to get around to listening to Gojira. But I am now, and they're not bad at all. I'm happy to see things get a bit heavier now.

It might be obvious but I kind of hope it's Destruction. I missed their sets in 2015, wouldn't mind the chance to go see them again.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:06 pm

Wow. A wish list band from the second I heard about 70k in 2010. Thank you Andy. Thank you. Can we bring Dark Funeral back? They have a new singer and album which isincredible !!!
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:11 pm

MagruDergrind would destroy the ship :D :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:15 pm

maybe (pig) DESTROYER
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:24 pm

"Try a D"
    Who am I?

D.R.I.!!

Probably not.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:39 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Wow. A wish list band from the second I heard about 70k in 2010. Thank you Andy. Thank you. Can we bring Dark Funeral back? They have a new singer and album which isincredible !!!

Yes second this ,this cruise has many a band with a very current release also,so I am holding out hope.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:03 pm

That made me laugh....

Destroyer 666 would fit of course but wouldnt that be too easy? I would be stoked for that. Im going to guess more likely Demolition Hammer. I wouldn't mind that either
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Hahahaha. Do it just to torture Justin!!!!
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:20 pm

macamatic wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Next one sounds like Demolition Hammer to me. Not that I care too much.

Or Destruction. Or Destroyer 666. All of which are of zero interest to me. Here's hoping it's another red herring and we actually get Dark Tranquillity.

Dark Tranquility would be awesome
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:21 pm

macamatic wrote:

Dark Tranquility would be awesome
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:04 pm

I'm hoping we get Die Apokalyptischen Reiter back onbroad. They were a pleasant surprise in 2013.
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:42 pm

Castroh wrote:I'm hoping we get Die Apokalyptischen Reiter back onbroad. They were a pleasant surprise in 2013.

That would be awesome. The name fits the clue as well, since an apocalyptic rider would be capable of destroying the ship.
    motherfucker announce some bands #FORTHWITH and let us book
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:30 pm

GOJIRA
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Luxi
    Oiler

by Luxi » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:11 pm

"D" for Destructor please... Or Demolition Hammer would be just as fine as well.

Most probably it will be Destruction though, which would also be more than 'just okay' for me... :headbanger:
    Wish list for 2017:

Sadistic Intent, Hellwitch, Demilich, Infernäl Mäjesty, Sacrifice (Can), Razor, Possessed, Immolation, Hobbs' Angel of Death, Morbid Saint, Autopsy, Dr. Shrinker, Nuclear Assault, Denying Nazarene, Destructor, Morgoth.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:37 pm

After listening to the new Gojira album, it seems they've taken a step back from being utter garbage to actual listenable stuff. So, instead of the initial ruling of them being a zero-setter, I'm upgrading them to a solid "might check one set or a few songs if I have nothing better to do or the venue where they play is the only place on the boat that still has gin in the bar". :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:50 am

Awesome add in Gojira! Hopefully the "D" clue is as obvious as the last one. I would be happy with Destruction, really happy with Demolition Hammer.....and super duper really, really fucking happy with Destroyer 666! :headbanger:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-AT.THE.GATES-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:42 am

So apparently Demolition Hammer is the most sought after band in music history? From what I can tell it goes:

1. Demolition Hammer
    2. The Beatles
    3. The Rolling Stones
    4. Amon Amarth

Numbers 2 - 4 seem sensible. However, despite being a child of the 80s and from the east coast I've never even heard of Demolition Hammer. Still, if they're better than Paul, Mick and Johan put together, I'd be excited to see them.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:42 am

General Zod wrote:So apparently Demolition Hammer is the most sought after band in music history? From what I can tell it goes:

1. Demolition Hammer
    2. The Beatles
    3. The Rolling Stones
    4. Amon Amarth

Yeah I had to look them up, I've never heard of them. Apparently old school thrash is all that is just and trve in the world?
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:43 am

Phoenix wrote:
    General Zod wrote:So apparently Demolition Hammer is the most sought after band in music history? From what I can tell it goes:

1. Demolition Hammer
    2. The Beatles
    3. The Rolling Stones
    4. Amon Amarth

Yeah I had to look them up, I've never heard of them. Apparently old school thrash is all that is just and trve in the world?

they are, quite literally, the cream of the crop... Their songs rule and they're tight, heavy, and hard :shred:
    Last edited by DrinkMoxie on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:50 am

One of the reasons, besides their music, as to why they are highly sought after is that they reunited earlier this year and have only played three shows so far.

Thankfully, I was fortunate enough to witness Demolition Hammer's first set in over 20+ years at MDF this year. They were tight as hell live and played great set. My festival adrenaline was at an all time high that day as the rain poured down and soaked the entire festival. Lots of people stayed and watched them regardless of the rain, myself included.

Definitely high up there in my top concert experiences if not the best.
    Last edited by Warphine on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:51 am

biertroll wrote:MagruDergrind would destroy the ship :D :lol:

I'm glad to see people talking about magrudergrind on here
    2016: 2314
    2017: 6661
    2018: 2364
    2019: 7630

Abbath-/-Aborted-/-Acid.Witch-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Analepsy-/-Andrew.WK-/-At.the.Gates-/-Be'lakor-/-Beaten.to.Death-/-Belzebubs-/-Benighted-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Charred.Walls.of.the.Damned-/-Cryptopsy-/-Darkest.Hour-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Eat.the.Turnbuckle-/-Enisum-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Exhumed-/-Feral-/-Frightmare-/-Full.of.Hell-/-Galakticon-/-Gatecreeper-/-General.Surgery-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Gutteral.Secrete-/-Haemorrhage-/-Heavy.Temple-/-Hypocrisy-/-Impaled-/-Inferi-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Lord.Gore-/-Magrudergrind-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Necrophagist-/-Noisem-/-Origin-/-Outer.Heaven-/-Party.Cannon-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Prostitute.Disfigurement-/-Repulsion-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Splatterhouse-/-Steel.Panther-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tombtoker-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Varg-/-Vital.Remains-/-Wake-/-Wintersun-/-Wormed-/-Wormrot-/-
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:13 am

Well much like NeO everyone is probably going nuts over them for a reason on these forums. I'll add them to the list of bands to check out.

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:15 am

gorgatron wrote:

Not bad but I would rather have Pig Destroyer, Birdflesh, Rotten Sound, Destroyer 666 or Demolition Fucking Hammer :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:16 am

I'm also in the camp that struggled to get into Gojira. Last time I tried I said "this is just a slower, more boring Meshuggah." I will check out their most recent album and try again I suppose.

I don't think Decapitated made the official ruled out thread yet. Would love if they were the D clue band!
    2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:27 pm

Azazel101 wrote:
    gorgatron wrote:

Not bad but I would rather have Pig Destroyer, Birdflesh, Rotten Sound, Destroyer 666 or Demolition Fucking Hammer :shred:

Even though Obscene Extreme was Insect Warfare's last show, maybe the skipper can convince them this to be their last

Abbath-/-Aborted-/-Acid.Witch-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Analepsy-/-Andrew.WK-/-At.the.Gates-/-Be'lakor-/-Beaten.to.Death-/-Belzebubs-/-Benighted-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Charred.Walls.of.the.Damned-/-Cryptopsy-/-Darkest.Hour-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Eat.the.Turnbuckle-/-Enisum-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Exhumed-/-Feral-/-Frightmare-/-Full.of.Hell-/-Galakticon-/-Gatecreeper-/-General.Surgery-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Gutteral.Secrete-/-Haemorrhage-/-Heavy.Temple-/-Hypocrisy-/-Impaled-/-Inferi-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Lord.Gore-/-Magrudergrind-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Necrophagist-/-Noisem-/-Origin-/-Outer.Heaven-/-Party.Cannon-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Prostitute.Disfigurement-/-Repulsion-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Splatterhouse-/-Steel.Panther-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tombtoker-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Varg-/-Vital.Remains-/-Wake-/-Wintersun-/-Wormed-/-Wormrot-/-
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:27 pm

gorgatron wrote:Even though Obscene Extreme was Insect Warfare's last show, maybe the skipper can convince them this to be their last

Insect Warfare was announced for the 2017 edition of Maryland Deathfest.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:12 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Insect Warfare was announced for the 2017 edition of Maryland Deathfest.

Whoa, I'm glad I live in Maryland then :headbanger:

Donnerklang
    Oiler

by Donnerklang » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:33 am

Damnation Angels
    Darksun
    Darkwell (do they exist anymore?)
    Deathstars :death:
    Diabulus in Musica
    Die Krupps
    Disturbed (they have a large gap in their tour dates during the cruise)
    Dream Evil :viking:
    Drowning Pool
    70.000tons family cruise 2020: My two daugthers, my wife and me
    :viking:
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

The Epidemic Is Reborn On 70000TONS OF METAL

by Andy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:52 am

Freshly reformed Bronx thrashers DEMOLITION HAMMER are going to tear it up onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2017, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Don't Forget - PUBLIC SALES for Round 7 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will start on Tuesday August 16, 2016 at 3PM EDT / 9PM CEST.

As the sky darkens, we can see a glimpse of the letter "V"...

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: The Epidemic Is Reborn On 70000TONS OF METAL

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:03 am

Andy wrote:As the sky darkens, we can see a glimpse of the letter "V"...

... Vader? Volbeat? My date (and Statsman) would go nuts if it's Van Canto.

General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:13 am

I would love for this to be Vredehammer, whose 2016 release opens with the song, "Light the Fucking Sky".

If not, I'll take Vreid.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:16 am

General Zod wrote:

I would love for this to be Vredehammer, whose 2016 release opens with the song, "Light the Fucking Sky".

If not, I'll take Vreid.

Either Vredehammer or Vreid would be awesome.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
Post Reply 3266 posts