We're getting Men At Work too?!

EDIT: look, it's early.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

Re: 60 Out Of 60 For Round 7

by Masterbas » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:35 am

captaingabbeh wrote:I know nothing about these guys, but I know a bunch of cruisers who will be stoked :)

Definitely stoked.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:35 am

So it seems like skipper went for quantity as well as quality to replace Gojira and Nile, not a bad plan actually. Note that he says "more", not "one more", though that might be reading too much into to wording. Hard not to read too much into capitalized Overkill, though.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:37 am

I know not of these mighty warriors.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:39 am

HOLY FUCKBALLS OF SHEER AWESOMENESS!!!

Allegaeon and Carcass more than makes up for losing Gojira and Nile. Cannot. Fucking. Wait. :death:
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:46 am

Sometimes the clues are absolutely undecipherable and sometimes... Overkill. You gotta love our Skipper :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:47 am

Overkill too - :beerhorns: :givebeer: :shred:
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:53 am

ALL HAIL SCIENCE
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 am

bodomdragon wrote:Sometimes the clues are absolutely undecipherable and sometimes... Overkill. You gotta love our Skipper :D

Isn't it too obvious of a hint ? Maybe just a troll... I'd be more than happy to have Overkill on board but I won't hold my breath... You gotta love Skipper but you also gotta be wary of his trolling :D

As for Allegaeon they're perfect strangers to my ears, gotta check Youtube...
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:03 am

CAmon...we want more!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:03 am

Zed3 wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Sometimes the clues are absolutely undecipherable and sometimes... Overkill. You gotta love our Skipper :D

Isn't it too obvious of a hint ? Maybe just a troll... I'd be more than happy to have Overkill on board but I won't hold my breath... You gotta love Skipper but you also gotta be wary of his trolling :D

If it weren't for the capital O, I would consider the possibility of trolling. However, he's thrown many capitalized clues over the past few years and they've always been reliable.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:05 am

Zed3 wrote:As for Allegaeon they're perfect strangers to my ears, gotta check Youtube...

My favorite song (and video)of theirs.

This one's pretty awesome too
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:05 am

Never listened to Allegaeon before, 1 song in on youtube and digging it so far :)
    2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:06 am

I'm bummed to lose Gojira and to not gain much of anything I care about (I mean, I dig Carcass, but I've seen them a LOT and they are pretty easy to see these days... BUT I can't really complain because this lineup is amazing and my schedule is already packed... so it's awesome that the last few announcements make a LOT of my friends happy as fuck...

...but DAMN I woulda lost my mind if we had Borknagar
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:07 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Zed3 wrote:

If it weren't for the capital O, I would consider the possibility of trolling. However, he's thrown many capitalized clues over the past few years and they've always been reliable.

You guys are missing the obvious... OBVIOUSLY he's referring to Men At Work. Overkill was one of their big songs!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:19 am

PacNW wrote:Never listened to Allegaeon before, 1 song in on youtube and digging it so far :)

Same here, I'm really happy so far with this announcement!

Gratch wrote:My favorite song (and video)of theirs.

I can't stop laughing after watching that video haha

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:19 am

Don't think he is trolling us with Overkill,it might be an insurance against Therion not being able to play and a big band to take some of the sting out of losing 2 bands so late.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:23 am

Gratch wrote:
    Zed3 wrote:As for Allegaeon they're perfect strangers to my ears, gotta check Youtube...

My favorite song (and video)of theirs.

This one's pretty awesome too

Thx, gotta love the first vid :D !
    I will catch one of their sets for sure :beerbang:
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:24 am

Allegeon is a meh announcement for me. I might see a set if I have nothing to do.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:26 am

Phoenix wrote: .....

You guys are missing the obvious... OBVIOUSLY he's referring to Men At Work. Overkill was one of their big songs!

As for Andy's trolling, "day after day it reappears..."
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

• macamatic
    Petty Officer

Re: ... And Then You'll Beg To Be Onbroad!

by macamatic » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:43 am

Allegaeon is a pretty big get. They're pretty strapped for cash right now, so it makes sense they'd jump at this opportunity.

"Overkill" is obviously a clue, but I'm having a hard time believing it points to Overkill. Then again, I thought Carcass was too obvious, so what do I know?

Godflesh wrote:EDIT: Analogic->analogous, and ^H means "Control H", which was a way to delete the character on the left on 1970s terminals. Sadly, this forum doesn't support strikeout characters. Now this was me being serious :-)

It still works in pretty much any shell, or system-wide on a Mac. Probably a lot of Linux distros too. I never use it, but I use other bindings like ^A/^E and ^T pretty frequently.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:55 am

I would absolutely see a Men at Work set. Overkill would be an enormous pass.

Allegaeon is one of those bands whose name I hear everywhere but have never bothered to check out. I'm too busy listening to Amaranthe right now though. I'm getting way, way into them and I don't care who knows ::adjusts princess tiara::
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:56 am

Sgt. B wrote:Allegeon is a meh announcement for me. I might see a set if I have nothing to do.

Never bothered to check these guys out prior to the announcement. They just became the best band announced that I was unfamiliar with. I've checked out four tracks. I'm sold. These guys slay.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • mjb7e
    Oiler

by mjb7e » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:24 pm

If Andy brings Overkill, then 70K would be the closest thing to a second tier "big four" concert ever. As far as I know, Overkill, Testament, Death Angel, and Exodus have never played the same show. If they have, please let me know when. I'd be interested in checking out setlist.fm to see what they played.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:26 pm

Wait I thought Allegaeon was a band a lot of people pushed for ,I knew of them because of that.Maybe on the forum or on the Facebook fiends page.Anyway definitely going to see them,last album is very good.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Ok, been listening to Allegaeon. Officially excited about them.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:28 pm

mjb7e wrote:If Andy brings Overkill, then 70K would be the closest thing to a second tier "big four" concert ever. As far as I know, Overkill, Testament, Death Angel, and Exodus have never played the same show. If they have, please let me know when. I'd be interested in checking out setlist.fm to see what they played.

more like Thrash of the titans 2001

Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • mjb7e
    Oiler

by mjb7e » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:35 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    mjb7e wrote:If Andy brings Overkill, then 70K would be the closest thing to a second tier "big four" concert ever. As far as I know, Overkill, Testament, Death Angel, and Exodus have never played the same show. If they have, please let me know when. I'd be interested in checking out setlist.fm to see what they played.

I guess Overkill was from the wrong coast to play at Thrash of the Titans.
    Last edited by mjb7e on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:35 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:

That show was awsome! One of the best land based event I have ever been to :)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:38 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    metalmaciejmetal wrote:

Agree with you. It is one of my favorite shows of all time. It was so much fun. :headbanger:

metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:40 pm

slayergeek wrote:

I bet! All these sick bands reuniting. I read an article on it in Metal Maniacs. That's when I discovered Death Angel, I loved those guys ever since. Little did I realize what amazing music they were going to pump out in the coming years.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:48 pm

FUCK. YES.
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:17 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:Ok, been listening to Allegaeon. Officially excited about them.

Sentiment echoed.
    A definite must for me.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Glad Allegaeon is getting some more fans from this. A bunch of people in the Forum Fiends Facebook group decided to start a #whynotallegaeon in all the 70k Facebook posts - because #whynotdyingfetus worked so well, you see. I'm so stoked that it ACTUALLY worked out the same year, I've wanted to catch these guys live for a while.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:28 pm

This is my favorite lineup out of all 70K (Minus Barge).

This is due to largest number of bands I have not seen at all and my favorite collection of repeats.

Thank you Andy! Stoked !! :headbanger: :cool:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:12 pm

Whooooooo Allegaeon!! Thank you Andy! :bangers:

Ecliptica wrote: I'm too busy listening to Amaranthe right now though. I'm getting way, way into them and I don't care who knows ::adjusts princess tiara::

:lol: :lol: That actually made me laugh out loud. Will be good to see you soooooon!
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:48 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Don't think he is trolling us with Overkill,it might be an insurance against Therion not being able to play and a big band to take some of the sting out of losing 2 bands so late.

Wait, what about Therion?
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Don't think he is trolling us with Overkill,it might be an insurance against Therion not being able to play and a big band to take some of the sting out of losing 2 bands so late.

Wait, what about Therion?

http://70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5197

Basically Christofer from Therion has massive back and neck pain from messed-up discs in his neck that nearly prevented him from playing (and it's so severe that 70k may be his last show ever). He's doing his absolute damndest to play, but I do wonder if Andy may add an extra band in case he is forced to pull out mid-boat.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Thanks dude!!! That sucks. I wish him the best.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
Post Reply 3265 posts