Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • sara
    Petty Officer

Re: 60 Out Of 60 For Round 7

by sara » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Im on a train and cant post the photo, but just imagine I posted the Randy Marsh cream all over the room pic.

Im so stoked for Allegaeon and pretty happy for them, too. They just put out an amazing album but are having financial problems. They have been on this board before to say they wanted on someday. And a some of their friends are regular cruisers.

In the past two days, this line up has really turned around for me. Im sad about Gojira and also Christofers neck problem, but the last few adds really put a smile on my face. One more day of work! I can barely do it. Should have took Mon off.

Edit: I screwed up a name
    Last edited by sara on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:51 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:Ok, been listening to Allegaeon. Officially excited about them.

Same here. They're pretty good.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:42 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I'm bummed to lose Gojira and to not gain much of anything I care about (I mean, I dig Carcass, but I've seen them a LOT and they are pretty easy to see these days... BUT I can't really complain because this lineup is amazing and my schedule is already packed... so it's awesome that the last few announcements make a LOT of my friends happy as fuck...

...but DAMN I woulda lost my mind if we had Borknagar

For your tastes, I would have definitely expected you to be into Allegaeon. If you haven't checked out their newest album, I would definitely recommend it.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:57 pm

Downvod wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I'm bummed to lose Gojira and to not gain much of anything I care about (I mean, I dig Carcass, but I've seen them a LOT and they are pretty easy to see these days... BUT I can't really complain because this lineup is amazing and my schedule is already packed... so it's awesome that the last few announcements make a LOT of my friends happy as fuck...

...but DAMN I woulda lost my mind if we had Borknagar

For your tastes, I would have definitely expected you to be into Allegaeon. If you haven't checked out their newest album, I would definitely recommend it.

musically they're legit... I just do not like the vocals and they just do not draw me in, overall
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Emperor-Haggard

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Actually pretty happy with these replacements. Carcass is now the envy of my landlubber non-boat friends (hah!), Cryptopsy should be good if they can focus on their older material (plz okthx), and Allegaeon is a great band I haven't had a chance to see live yet. Heck, any band that does a song called "Dyson Sphere" is automagically cool in my book. :headbanger:

deathmetalpat wrote:Don't think he is trolling us with Overkill, it might be an insurance against Therion not being able to play and a big band to take some of the sting out of losing 2 bands so late.

I think this is exactly right. From Christofer's post about his treatment, he sounded very iffy as to his ability to play a regular set twice....and the deal IS for 60 bands to perform.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:16 pm

So, the weekly metal radio show I do, WREKage, starts in about an hour and a half, and I'm going to feature some of our 70K bands from this year and also past years. (Plus whatever requests come our way.)
    Atlanta-area listeners out to around 40-50 miles can listen at 91.1 FM beginning at midnight, and the rest of you can listen online at http://www.wrek.org (hi- and low-quality streaming).
    We also try to update our playlists in realtime at http://www.wrekage.org.
    Don't expect too much professionalism; it's not like we're getting paid for this...but this is Atlanta's longest-running metal radio show, since c. 1985. :headbanger:
    One of our student hosts will also be making his live debut, looks like, so it might be even less professional-sounding than usual. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:17 pm

CRYPTOPSY
    Hmmm, haven't seen them since Mike Disalvo was in the band, they were awesome back then, but then they got shitty, I'll check it out.

ALLEGAEON
    Cool, that's a win.

If the next band is Overkill that's a solid who gives a fuck.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:51 pm

Maybe OVERKILL is a reference to a MOTORHEAD cover band?

Dear ALLEGAEON: PLEASE do your cover of Subdivisions along with the rest of your amazing material I'm discovering today :cheers:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:24 pm

meshuggah wrote:Maybe OVERKILL is a reference to a MOTORHEAD cover band?

HAHAHAHA - I said exactly the same thing to my wife this afternoon :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:31 pm

Andy wrote:We're setting sail to beautiful Labadee in just under a week, so pack your bags Sailors!

That's 60 out of 60. Would it be Overkill to have more? Let us know!

"YES! It would be Overkill, but don't worry because Overkill is just one of the many songs that will be performed in the All Star Jam!"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:51 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:Maybe OVERKILL is a reference to a MOTORHEAD cover band?

HAHAHAHA - I said exactly the same thing to my wife this afternoon :D

I'll only accept these guys as the cover band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3QCSjlJPFs

It's an old clip, but damn if that isn't super fun to watch.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Hulk RT
    Oiler

by Hulk RT » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:54 am

So now that all the bands are announced, well at least the 60, how do you think it will be until there is a running order.

:death:
    2017, 2018, 2019 Survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:49 am

Hulk RT wrote:So now that all the bands are announced, well at least the 60, how do you think it will be until there is a running order.

Broading Day. As is tradition.
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:57 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Hulk RT wrote:So now that all the bands are announced, well at least the 60, how do you think it will be until there is a running order.

We had it 2 days early last year.

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:59 am

mooyagi wrote:

I hope not. Last year they announced things earlier. Hopefully at least partially due to my lobbying, because all information on boarding day would make for a VERY bad day for me to get all the schedule information available to my app, and out to everyone before they lose network access. Especially for non US folk who would not have network when they are at their hotel.

Here is hoping they follow last years model and release the running order a few days ahead of time. Last year I was able to enter most data on the flight out (4 hour flight). That would be ideal :) Here is hoping :)

Andy, if you listening, I am flying out the morning of the 31st. Doesn't hurt to ask :)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
    Hulk RT
    Oiler

by Hulk RT » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:20 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

I hope not. Last year they announced things earlier. Hopefully at least partially due to my lobbying, because all information on boarding day would make for a VERY bad day for me to get all the schedule information available to my app, and out to everyone before they lose network access. Especially for non US folk who would not have network when they are at their hotel.

Here is hoping they follow last years model and release the running order a few days ahead of time. Last year I was able to enter most data on the flight out (4 hour flight). That would be ideal :) Here is hoping :)

Andy, if you listening, I am flying out the morning of the 31st. Doesn't hurt to ask :)

That is what Im hoping for. Planning on the fly sucks, but I will manage if need be.
    2017, 2018, 2019 Survivor
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

We Don't Care What You Say!

by Andy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:05 pm

You say that putting 61 Metal Bands on a luxury cruise ship is complete OVERKILL? We don't care what you say! This is 70000TONS OF METAL!

As a very special treat you can get the upcoming OVERKILL album "The Grinding Wheel" onbroad before anyone in the Universe can even buy it. That's the stuff that only happens on 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

We wish all you sailors a save trip from wherever you're coming around the globe. See you onbroad in 5 days!

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: We Don't Care What You Say!

by Phoenix » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:11 pm

WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY! :headbanger:

This may not be my genre usually, but I've been wanting to see Overkill live, and a boat sounds like the perfect place!

This is the most perfect lineup I could ever ask for. Thanks Andy and the rest of UMC, I'm so excited I can't even believe it!
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:20 pm

I approve of this message!

Andy wrote:Image
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - It has been a blast and I will miss everyone but it is a big NOPE for me!
    Zed3
    Crewman

by Zed3 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:28 pm

Guess the lineup is complete now, let's rock :headbanger:
    2017: Survivor - 2018 & 2019: :( - 2020: nope again :(

Wishlist 2020:
    Aephanemer-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Audrey.Horne-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Biohazard-/-Bucovina-/-Byzantine-/-Dalriada-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Einherjer-/-Exit.Eden-/-Fractal.Gates-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Ghoultown-/-Gojira-/-Grand.Magus-/-Immortal-/-Immortal.Guardian-/-Imperialist-/-Inferi-/-Khemmis-/-Kobra.and.the.Lotus-/-Lonewolf-/-Lör-/-Mantar-/-Mongol-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrath-/-Nailed.To.Obscurity-/-No.Return-/-Paladin-/-Palantir-/-Power.Trip-/-Savage.Machine-/-Seventh.Wonder-/-Skull.Fist-/-Soilwork-/-Striker-/-Svart.Crown-/-Tankard-/-Temptation's.Wings-/-The.Crown-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Troldhaugen-/-TrollfesT-/-Undrask-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Venom.Prison-/-VUUR-/-Warkings
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:28 pm

Fuck yeah!!
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2019
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Well that is a high add,also gives me a feeling that it was to insure 60 bands and not planned long ahead of time.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Good final add, I'll definitely try to catch a set.

Thank you Andy for the best lineup ever!! Can't wait to be onbroad!!

And now, how about the running order with a few days in advance so that we can patiently plan and make decisions? :D
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:39 pm

Pretty sweet! Now I hope the running order is released soon, but I figure there will be a lot of work left on that, since a few of these bands were likely just signed onto the boat. I'm hoping for Monday, but probably it's Tuesday, that's my guess.

I've spent all day cleaning, packing, writing up lists and things. Still so much work to be done.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:40 pm

I would have never guessed this based on the clue.

Phoenix wrote:WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY! :headbanger:

This may not be my genre usually, but I've been wanting to see Overkill live, and a boat sounds like the perfect place!

They are fun live and draw a big crowd for the cruises. Even though I've enjoyed their live show on broad before, I do remember briefly falling asleep in the old Chorus Line Theater on the Majesty during one of their sets. :lol: Such is the life of too much booze and too little sleep.
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:44 pm

sara wrote:Pretty sweet! Now I hope the running order is released soon, but I figure there will be a lot of work left on that, since a few of these bands were likely just signed onto the boat. I'm hoping for Monday, but probably it's Tuesday, that's my guess.

I've spent all day cleaning, packing, writing up lists and things. Still so much work to be done.

That shouldn't make that much of a difference if they were already working on it. Change the old bands with the new ones...

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:47 pm

mooyagi wrote:I would have never guessed this based on the clue.

Phoenix wrote:WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY! :headbanger:

They are fun live and draw a big crowd for the cruises. Even though I've enjoyed their live show on broad before, I do remember briefly falling asleep in the old Chorus Line Theater on the Majesty during one of their sets. :lol: Such is the life of too much booze and too little sleep.
    The second show was in the Chorus Line about 3-4 in the morning on the last day.I could not even make it.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Overkill aren't really my thing, but I'm glad others are stoked.

Gotta admit, I'm really bummed Candlemass fell through.
    Survivor 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:39 pm

OVERKILL
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:48 pm

Dislike most thrash but love overkill. They're fun.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:20 pm

Even if Cryptopsy were good in the past, they're nowhere near a replacement for Nile. To make up for losing Nile, we should get:
    a) Cryptopsy playing ...And Then You'll Beg in its entirety, and
    b) Carcass play Reek... in its entirety.

That's not too much to ask, is it?

And they should play some Disney tunes over the PA before all the weenie shows to please my new favourite troll. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:24 pm

Yes! Hope they open the pool deck!

:shred:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:54 pm

metalgoddess wrote:Yes! Hope they open the pool deck!

:shred:

Hopefully the pool deck is on time this year
    Last edited by big perken on Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:00 pm

Happy to see Overkill added. :headbanger:
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Last year, the running order leaked before it was officially posted. There was a link posted in the forum (I want to say from Razor?). Does anyone remember by what means it leaked? Was it on Facebook?

ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Downvod wrote:Last year, the running order leaked before it was officially posted. There was a link posted in the forum (I want to say from Razor?). Does anyone remember by what means it leaked? Was it on Facebook?

Yeah, it was Facebook.
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Hearing reports of shutdowns and protests at airports across the country.

Fingers crossed that Trumps latest bullshit temper tantrum doesn't affect any of getting on the boat.
    Survivor 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:18 pm

I can't believe we're getting to see Anthrax, Annihilator, Testament, Overkill and Death Angel together, plus Demolition Hammer and Witchtrap as bonuses.
    This is a thrasher's dream (minus Exodus and the Teutonic Four).
    What would make the dream even better would be to have one set each with their seminal 1987 albums in their entirety, for their 30th anniversary:
    - Among the Living
    - The Ultra Violence
    - Taking Over
    - The Legacy
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Pellaz wrote:So, the weekly metal radio show I do, WREKage, starts in about an hour and a half, and I'm going to feature some of our 70K bands from this year and also past years. (Plus whatever requests come our way.)
    Atlanta-area listeners out to around 40-50 miles can listen at 91.1 FM beginning at midnight, and the rest of you can listen online at http://www.wrek.org (hi- and low-quality streaming).
    Don't expect too much professionalism; it's not like we're getting paid for this...but this is Atlanta's longest-running metal radio show, since c. 1985. :headbanger:
    One of our student hosts will also be making his live debut, looks like, so it might be even less professional-sounding than usual. :lol:

I see what you did there with the Kamelot song first ,did you ever play any Xandria?Very 70k song here https://youtu.be/6cWMxV2T-Kw
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:22 am

Really happy with the final four bands announced. Now it's a matter of getting the performance schedule hopefully early (for Slayergeek's sake, and ours) and getting to FLL.

As Gandalf says toward the end of Return of the King..... "The board is set; the pieces are moving." :headbanger:

Regarding our radio show last night, I'm not sure who tuned in, but quite a few of y'all apparently did. The online streaming counter was almost double the normal numbers for our show.

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:So, the weekly metal radio show I do, WREKage, starts in about an hour and a half, and I'm going to feature some of our 70K bands from this year and also past years. (Plus whatever requests come our way.)

I see what you did there with the Kamelot song first ,did you ever play any Xandria?Very 70k song here https://youtu.be/6cWMxV2T-Kw

I played Kamelot first because I wanted to play something a bit softer (read: smooth vocals) to follow the show before ours, which is a psychedelic rock show called Stonehenge. (It's probably a better show than ours. :D ) My original plan was to duplicate Kamelot's brilliant walk-on intro at ProgPower USA years ago with the intro song, "The Might of Rome" from the Gladiator soundtrack, then fading it out after it crescendoed (like they did at PP) and going into "Fourth Legacy".....but in the end I opted to make it easier.
    I didn't get to Xandria, although they were on my list. There were several bands that I didn't get to before we ended the show at 3:30. (We were hungry :lol: )

If anyone wants to listen to the archive, go to http://www.wrek.org -> Listen --> Archive --> WREKage (Sat. morning on the schedule) and choose the 128K archive unless you're on dialup. :shock:

Full playlist:

Kamelot -- New Allegiance + 4th Legacy
    Equilibrium -- Snuffel
    Therion -- Son of the Staves of Time
    Carcass - Carnal Forge
    Allegaeon -- Dyson Sphere
    Cryptopsy -- White Worms
    Amorphis -- Towards And Against
    Testament -- Over the Wall
    Einherjer -- Dragons of the North
    Judas Priest -- Living after Midnight (request)
    Revocation -- Arbiters of the Apocalypse (request)
    Brujeria - Colas De Rata (request) [Kyle's set begins]
    Burzum - Ea, Lord of the Depths
    White Death - Born from the Unholy Fire
    Emperor - Into the Infinity of Thoughts
    Incantation - Disciples of Blasphemous Reprisal
    Sargeist - Satanic Black Devotion
    Goatlord - Chicken Dance (request)
    Cattle Decapitation - Apex Blasphemy
    Suffocation - Infecting the Crypts (request)
    Inquisition - Astral Path to Supreme Majesties
    Totale Vernichtung - Nuklearpogrom
    Marduk - Throne of Rats
    Moonsorrow - Karhunkynsi
    Kreator - World War Now [Kyle's last song of the night]
    Mors Principium Est -- Another Creation
    Space Waster -- Spiraling Into the Mental Eclipse (request)
    Kalmah -- Evil In You
    Angra -- Holy Land
    Scar Symmetry -- Chaosweaver
    Destruction -- Bestial Invasion (request)
    Anthrax -- Caught In a Mosh
    Omnium Gatherum -- Everfields
    Orphaned Land -- Halo Dies (The Wrath of God)

2020 Wishlist:
Post Reply 3266 posts