Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1
Staying in Fort Lauderdale/HollyWood beach
  • MortiiaTheInsane
    Oiler

Staying in Fort Lauderdale/HollyWood beach

by MortiiaTheInsane » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:58 am

First timers here, and seeing as how we won't be coming in until the day before the cruise, doesn't make a lot of sense to stay in Miami and deal with the transportation for the sake of one night. Just wondering if anyone else is staying somewhere other than in Miami. I've read a lot of people suggest Hollywood beach, and a supposed badass taco place. Would really like opinions on decent hotels or if anyone is planning on a get together somewhere other than the main pre party. Thanks a lot!!
    Wish list:

Battlelore-Amon Amarth-Dargaard-Vintersorg-Wintersun-Ensiferum-Fairyland-Hollenthon-Finsterforst-Ne Obliviscaris-Barathrum-Tristania-Six Magics-Alkonost-Sirenia-Asmegin-Fferyllt-Suidakra-Heidevolk-Manegarm-

Draconian-Haggard-Therion-Equilibrium-Kalmah-
  • orgy
    Wiper

Re: Staying in Fort Lauderdale/HollyWood beach

by orgy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:13 am

I'm staying on hollywood beach at the riptide, i'm sure others that are not going to Miami will be there as well.

Good price, taco place is close and indeed really good. There will be four of us there.
  • MortiiaTheInsane
    Oiler

by MortiiaTheInsane » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:12 pm

Well, add 2 more. Just booked me and my wife for the riptide!
    Wish list:

Battlelore-Amon Amarth-Dargaard-Vintersorg-Wintersun-Ensiferum-Fairyland-Hollenthon-Finsterforst-Ne Obliviscaris-Barathrum-Tristania-Six Magics-Alkonost-Sirenia-Asmegin-Fferyllt-Suidakra-Heidevolk-Manegarm-

Wudan
    Oiler

by Wudan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:16 am

I just booked at the Riptide as well.
    -------------
    2019 Wislist
    Powerwolf - Diabulus in Musica - Semblant - The Agonist - Turisas - Tiamat - Within Temptation - Frantic Amber - Jinjer - Unleash the Archers - Tarja - Lacuna Coil - Crystal Lake

2017 - 2362
    2019 - Take my money!
  • MortiiaTheInsane
    Oiler

by MortiiaTheInsane » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:38 am

Awesome! Sounds like there's going to be quite a few of us at the riptide..
    Wish list:

• elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:44 am

Working on getting a room @ the Riptide as well. I think the group will be split between Miami and Ft Lauderdale area.

edit: too late. All they had left is the suite and I don't need that.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
    Wudan
    Oiler

by Wudan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:27 am

I'm sure if you get a place close by you can just walk over. It won't be hard finding the group of people wearing black. :death:
    -------------
    2019 Wislist
    Powerwolf - Diabulus in Musica - Semblant - The Agonist - Turisas - Tiamat - Within Temptation - Frantic Amber - Jinjer - Unleash the Archers - Tarja - Lacuna Coil - Crystal Lake

2017 - 2362
    2019 - Take my money!
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:35 pm

Yeah we are back at the Hampton like last year. It's not far from the Riptide. There were others in black there too last time.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
    Kay Healy
    Oiler

by Kay Healy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:52 am

We stay in Hollywood...much much cheaper and close to the boat! the hotel we use is under $140 a night and shuttles us right to the boat! they also have cheap car rentals at front desk so snagging one to ride up to the beach party :wank:
    Survivor 2016- 9283

2017 Wish list: Pagans Mind, Wintersun, Blind Guardian, Nekrogoblikon, Serenity, Sonata Arctica, Battle Beast, Nightwish, Ayreon, Symphony X, Alestorm, Whispered, Devin Townsend, Dark Tranquility, Opeth and many more
  • MetalMatt
    Oiler

by MetalMatt » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:01 pm

Is anyone staying at Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port? Just got the confirmations for my booking today. I am getting quite excited as this will be my first 70,000 tons cruise
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:40 pm

Haven't really decided where we are staying this time around. Probably not Fort Lauderdale, but its all a bit up in the air at the moment.

I need to wait until work confirms that they will pay for me to attend a conference in San Fran after the cruise. And the conference agenda doesn't get released until November so I'll be waiting until then to book my flights, accommodation, etc.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:32 pm

Staying at The Walkabout Beach Resort for 3 days before the cruise.Close to the Riptide and The Taco Spot (I am guessing this is the place everyone likes),mainly going to relax before the cruise.This year's line-up is going to have me very busy.Super excited,even with so many bands I like ruled out,Skipper has put together quite a schedule.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1