Post Reply 106 posts
Which will be the last band announced?
  • Which will be the last band announced?

Amon Amarth
    26%
    Candlemass
    10%
    Carcass
    29%
    Overkill
    7%
    Wintersun
    10%
    Others (specify)
    18%

Total votes: 72
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Which will be the last band announced?

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:31 am

Let's see who gets it right!

(sorry for the rebumping, I needed to readjust the poll)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: Which will be the last band announced?

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:32 am

That's pure evil, how much did Andy pay you to do that? I hope it's with the answer! :twisted:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:34 am

Oh fuck, that's a hard one. I wish I could reply either "any of the above" or "none of the above".
    I'm inclined towards "none of the above", but am unable to name a band.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:46 am

My wife said: "whatever will disappoint people the most", so I voted Carcass.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:02 am

let's see we have no bands that start with
    b
    f
    I
    j
    l
    q
    y
    or z so I guess any band that doesn't start with these letters :lol: :cheers: :givebeer: :beerhorns:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:14 am

DragonLordJones wrote:let's see we have no bands that start with
    b
    f
    I
    j
    l
    q
    y
    or z so I guess any band that doesn't start with these letters :lol: :cheers: :givebeer: :beerhorns:

Zimmers Hole!
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:18 am

Godflesh wrote:
    b
    f
    I
    j
    l
    q
    y

Zimmers Hole!

No, please stop with this. Mentioning Morbid Angel, and now Zimmers Hole, what are you trying to achieve by making me hope for awesome bands that won't get onboard? :cry:

I saw Zimmers Hole opening for Strapping Young Lad in Paris 15 years ago, in a really small place (350 people, fully packed with Dev die-hards), one of the top3 best shows of my life.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:55 am

b
    f
    I
    j
    l
    q
    y

...Or does?

Andy should troll us even more by saying the last band starts with one of these letters: A,C,O,G

And just leave that hanging for a week.
    Last edited by AceHugger on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:57 am

My heart says Amon Amarth, my head says it's Candlemass. Or some hilarious curveball, like Sabaton jumping in on a helicopter

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:20 am

Phoenix wrote:My heart says Amon Amarth, my head says it's Candlemass. Or some hilarious curveball, like Sabaton jumping in on a helicopter

Now you got my hopes up for the latter cause that would just be way to awesome! Surprise set on the pool deck, band flies in on helicopter..way better than their entrance on a tank!
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    Wacken - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    MetalDays - 2014
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:29 am

BloodSimple / Chimaira / Fear Factory / Machinehead / Spineshank
    Would give me a metal bonor, - but i have a feeling that most of these wouldn't hold water with a lot of the regular cruisers. - there's no accounting for taste.

I was firmly in the Amon Amarth camp for a while - not for me because they're not really my type, but more for all the other people who are gunning for them. - I'm sure it's a good show & I'd probably pop along, but I doubt I would watch a whole set.
    I still think that's a viable announcement, just seems overly predictable now & a bit late to benefit ticket sales.

Most likely I think it's Carcass, not sure why because I just do
    I was awaiting the Candlemass announcement & it just seems unlikely now. - If it was supposed to be a big 'surprise final announcement' ( as this seems to be being sold as, given there's no letter or anything) then Why would they put it on a poster last Sept. - it doesn't make sense.

Sucks for my fiancee as Doom is her thing. - still, on the bright side, I get to say 'I told you so' as we had a huge discussion a few weeks back about definite locked in confirmed bands.
    Her view was that if it was on an official poster, then it is by virtue an official announcement.
    My argument was that the definitive up to date list is on the website & the print ad could have been a mistake, or something could have happened or whatever.

I guess we'll know soon.
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:26 am

I staying true by voting Amon Amarth but watch Andy throw a curve and announce Alestorm since they are in Florida working on their new album.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:27 am

Emperor because sometimes it's fun to dream. :mrgreen:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:42 am

mbob wrote:I staying true by voting Amon Amarth but watch Andy throw a curve and announce Alestorm since they are in Florida working on their new album.

I thought one of the Alestorm guys was touring with another project?

I might be wrong but I seem to remember that as I really wanna get pissed up with those boys, - they seem like tons of fun, & I remember being disappointed when I read they were on the debunked list.
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:43 am

What I understand is Chris is not touring with Gloryhammer right now...they have a stand-in. If that is the case then they are available.

AceHugger wrote:
    mbob wrote:I staying true by voting Amon Amarth but watch Andy throw a curve and announce Alestorm since they are in Florida working on their new album.

I thought one of the Alestorm guys was touring with another project?

I might be wrong but I seem to remember that as I really wanna get pissed up with those boys, - they seem like tons of fun, & I remember being disappointed when I read they were on the debunked list.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:48 am

mooyagi wrote:Emperor because sometimes it's fun to dream. :mrgreen:

In that case, gimme Borknagar! I'm already gonna die of joy, might as well make sure the job is complete
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:01 am

He's going to have a bonus band this year. So I think we'll get two of Amon Amarth, Candlemass, and/or Carcass. One will be announced soon, the other the day before we sail.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:05 am

acidbasement wrote:He's going to have a bonus band this year. So I think we'll get two of Amon Amarth, Candlemass, and/or Carcass. One will be announced soon, the other the day before we sail.

I think bonus would more likely be a band like Alestorm
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    MetalDays - 2014
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:23 am

AceHugger wrote: Fear Factory

They sounded good last time I saw them on the boat...er well most of them. Last few times I've seen them live I would swear Burton is absolutely tonedeaf. His cleans were just unbearable.

+1 Borknagar
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:54 am

So my pick had a couple of others,number #1 wins and I will be shocked!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:59 am

I'm guessing/hoping the last band is gonna be Cripper. Along with an onbroad voting station for the Cripper award this year. The last few years it became an internet popularity contest with non-cruisers getting a say in the winner.
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:08 am

Another vote for Borknagar
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:45 am

Wintersun... déjà vu
    Carcass, Candlemass, Overkill: would be solid additions but underwhelming announcements at this point (less so for Carcass but still).
    IMHO it will either be Amon Amarth (or another major band we're not guessing) or just some random, unknown to most, Cripper-type band...
    And whoever it is I can't wait to board the boat, there are already so many bands I want to see that I won't care if the last one is a 0-setter ! :beerhorns:
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:51 am

acidbasement wrote:He's going to have a bonus band this year.

Is this merely wishful thinking or is there some concrete reason to believe this is the case?
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:41 am

Candlemass can be ruled out, I know some of those guys and have talked with them, they won't be there.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:01 am

Sinister Realm wrote:Candlemass can be ruled out, I know some of those guys and have talked with them, they won't be there.

That's very interesting information. It also possibly explains the silence... that means that something got picked up last minute. I'm going to flip my guess to Carcass then.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:06 am

Interesting to see that out of 27 votes so far, only 3 think it's gonna be Candlemass. Not really much people considering they were leaked :D

Now with the explanations above it seems clearer that it won't be them, though.

Also, it seems like many people are interpreting the Carcass post as a clue... we'll see if they're right.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:24 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    AceHugger wrote: Fear Factory

They sounded good last time I saw them on the boat...er well most of them. Last few times I've seen them live I would swear Burton is absolutely tonedeaf. His cleans were just unbearable.

+1 Borknagar

that's because he uses Autotune now ( I'm 99% sure) - When I heard some of the cleans from the last album live - I swear I could hear phasing on the vocals.

& yeah, - His voice is just wrecked, - even the footage of them doing Scumgrief at Dynamo in the min 90's he was losing it then. I think it's just the transitions between his growl & the clean singing - Not too many vocalists can pull that off really well anyway, - but they pioneered it.

Anyway, - I think it was scumgrief - it was on the DVD. - can't find it on youtube though :(
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:36 am

General Zod wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:He's going to have a bonus band this year.

Is this merely wishful thinking or is there some concrete reason to believe this is the case?

I too, am curious. I actually hope this is not the case. I was hoping that, since we could potentially have the full lineup early, we might get a schedule soon. It would be nice to have that at least a week ahead of time.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:38 am

What Andy should do is release the schedule now with a mystery band in 2 of the slots.

Downvod wrote:I too, am curious. I actually hope this is not the case. I was hoping that, since we could potentially have the full lineup early, we might get a schedule soon. It would be nice to have that at least a week ahead of time.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:42 am

Downvod wrote:It would be nice to have that at least a week ahead of time.

I would be THRILLED with that. It would allow me to do my data entry before I even leave for Florida. Even if some changes were made, that would make my life SOOOO much easier.

Here is hoping..
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:42 am

mbob wrote:What Andy should do is release the schedule now with a mystery band in 2 of the slots.

Downvod wrote:I too, am curious. I actually hope this is not the case. I was hoping that, since we could potentially have the full lineup early, we might get a schedule soon. It would be nice to have that at least a week ahead of time.

That would be really great.
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:45 am

mbob wrote:What Andy should do is release the schedule now with a mystery band in 2 of the slots.

That's what I'm thinking might happen. Or if acidbasement is right and we get a bonus, announce the 60th (Carcass or nobody), release the schedule, have an extra band on the schedule with question marks in the name. That would be rad, therefore it's fantasy booking and Roman Reigns is winning the Rumble.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Problem is it might give away how big the band is depending on time slot. I think he's gonna wanna keep the suspense high!
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    MetalDays - 2014
    pipozoft
    Wiper

by pipozoft » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:13 pm

I asked Chris when I saw Alestorm on Oct 30th and he said, not this year but if that happens I will be extremely excited :wank:
    Find me on Twitter & Instagram @pipozoft \m/
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:15 pm

I'm betting Carcass for the 60th band. Then either Overkill or Amon Amarth as a bonus band, since we're going to need to fill up a couple weeks' worth of announcements.

I really don't think we're going to get either Candlemass or Wintersun. Holding back Candlemass for the final announcement after they were so widely leaked and Avatarium was announced makes no sense - even by Andy standards :p. And if I was a betting woman, I'd bet that Wintersun won't be doing high-profile live gigs until the new album is out and their live lineup is ready to go.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Remember this, though:
    Shadowknight890 wrote:Was at the Amon Amarth/Testament/Grand Magus show in Paris a few weeks back. Spoke to a staff member affiliated with Grand Magus and he mentioned Andy booked them for 2017. Expect an announcement :)
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Godflesh wrote:Remember this, though:
    Shadowknight890 wrote:Was at the Amon Amarth/Testament/Grand Magus show in Paris a few weeks back. Spoke to a staff member affiliated with Grand Magus and he mentioned Andy booked them for 2017. Expect an announcement :)

Is Grand Magus big enough to be held back as a bonus band? I'm unfamiliar with them; I'd be interested in other people's opinions on this.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:38 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:Remember this, though:

Is Grand Magus big enough to be held back as a bonus band? I'm unfamiliar with them; I'd be interested in other people's opinions on this.

2.2 million listens on last.fm - I guess they're big? I'd never heard of them.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Phoenix wrote:2.2 million listens on last.fm - I guess they're big? I'd never heard of them.

That's actually only slightly more than Einherjer and way fewer than Candlemass, who most seemed to agree would be an underwhelming final announcement. Anything's possible, but if he's intentionally holding back a big name (and it certainly seems like he is), I really doubt it's Grand Magus.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
Post Reply 106 posts