Post Reply 48 posts
Favorite band discoveries 2017 lineup
    PacNW
    Crewman

Favorite band discoveries 2017 lineup

by PacNW » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:49 pm

1. Mors Principium Est - love the guitarwork and key arrangements. Reminds me of a less overly busy Kalmah.
    2. Stam1na - wrote these guys off at first because of the 1 in the name, but super digging them. Enjoying the thrashy guitars and eclectic musical influences.
    .......... Amaranthe - Definitely guilty pleasure, they answer the question "what happens when you mix a few soilwork riffs with a europop song?". I appreciate the catchy hooks and the novelty.
    2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Favorite band discoveries 2017 lineup

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Good idea!

Cruachan - I love this sort of folk music, it makes me happy and is fun to listen to. Also, here's hoping they bring kilts.
    Dalriada - Such a solid Cripper contender, I was SO surprised when I heard them!
    Gojira - Good and heavy, their slower tempo makes them a relaxing band to listen to.
    Orden Ogan - I didn't like them at first, but they really grew on me when I checked out their new album. Hoping they're as good live as they have the potential to be.
    Orphaned Land - You can see a bit of a theme here. I like me some good folk metal, and this has a middle eastern vibe to it that is a lot of fun.

I'm really glad that you enjoy MPE. Their sound is fantastic, I just want to share it with everyone :headbanger:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:03 pm

Phoenix wrote:Good idea!

Cruachan - I love this sort of folk music, it makes me happy and is fun to listen to. Also, here's hoping they bring kilts.
    Dalriada - Such a solid Cripper contender, I was SO surprised when I heard them!
    Gojira - Good and heavy, their slower tempo makes them a relaxing band to listen to.
    Orden Ogan - I didn't like them at first, but they really grew on me when I checked out their new album. Hoping they're as good live as they have the potential to be.
    Orphaned Land - You can see a bit of a theme here. I like me some good folk metal, and this has a middle eastern vibe to it that is a lot of fun.

I'm really glad that you enjoy MPE. Their sound is fantastic, I just want to share it with everyone :headbanger:

If you think Gojira are slow and relaxing... lol
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:08 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:If you think Gojira are slow and relaxing... lol

*shrug* Their new album is. I suppose slow was a poor choice of words... Less busy maybe? Look, they're easy to listen to and have a good sound.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Mors is kind of my big "holy crap, how have I never heard of these guys?" band. They're terrific, and I'd never heard of them before the cruisers started hyping them. Pain is another big one for me - I knew nothing of them before they were announced, but now they're a solid 2-setter if I can.

Other faves: Avatarium, Manegarm, Orphaned Land, and Ghost Ship Octavius. And I still gotta check out Dalraida

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:39 pm

I love Kalmah but turned off a couple mors songs halfway through. Which songs should I have listened to?

Dalriada is the best discovery. I knew of all the other bands I'm looking forward to.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:45 pm

Try out We Are the Sleep, Innocence Lost, and Wrath of Indra. Those were my favorites off the new record.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:56 pm

There were only 7 bands I was unfamiliar with before their announcement. Out of those, Witchtrap is the only one I liked. I didn't really care for the other 6 (Axxis, Cryptex, Dalraida, Stam1na, Total Death, Touch The Sun).
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:07 pm

No huge surprises or revelations for me this year.

The one stand out would be Ghost Ship Octavius.

I'm not a HUGE fan, but easily the best of the bands I was unfamiliar with and will definitely catch at least one set :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:09 pm

PacNW wrote:Try out We Are the Sleep, Innocence Lost, and Wrath of Indra. Those were my favorites off the new record.

Good choices. Also check out 'Dead Winds of Hope.'

'Reclaim the Sun' from the upcoming album is also awesome. If you are a fan of Kalmah or melodeath in general, it's hard to imagine you not getting into them.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:09 pm

Draconian blew my mind when I first heard them. I've been really getting into doom metal since MDB, PL, and Katatonia introduced me to the genre last year, and I love the slightly more gothic-post-Nightwish-type-vibe they mix in a little bit. Had never heard of them before, and they've become my number one must see.

Serenity also surprised me, I wrote them off at first as a mediocre Kamelot knockoff when they are in fact a really fucking great Kamelot knockoff. I feel bad for them that between budget Kamelot, budget Nightwish, and budget Blind Guardian (Serenity, Xandria, and Orden Ogan, respectively) they are the only one who has to go up against the real thing :)

As for the rest, Avatarium really rocks hard, Orphaned Land, Dalriada, and Manegarm keep the folk metal side up nicely, and I figure Scar Symmetry is the closest thing to good metalcore we'll even get on the boat. There's been some great discoveries this year.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Dalriada, Manegarm, and Orden Ogan for me...

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Danny24601 wrote:Draconian blew my mind when I first heard them. I've been really getting into doom metal since MDB, PL, and Katatonia introduced me to the genre last year, and I love the slightly more gothic-post-Nightwish-type-vibe they mix in a little bit. Had never heard of them before, and they've become my number one must see.

Serenity also surprised me, I wrote them off at first as a mediocre Kamelot knockoff when they are in fact a really fucking great Kamelot knockoff. I feel bad for them that between budget Kamelot, budget Nightwish, and budget Blind Guardian (Serenity, Xandria, and Orden Ogan, respectively) they are the only one who has to go up against the real thing :)

As for the rest, Avatarium really rocks hard, Orphaned Land, Dalriada, and Manegarm keep the folk metal side up nicely, and I figure Scar Symmetry is the closest thing to good metalcore we'll even get on the boat. There's been some great discoveries this year.

Scar Symmetry? Metalcore? When did that happen? They are Melodic Death/Prog Metal

• sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Gonna say Misery Loves Co is my top fave discovery, followed by Witchtrap.

I either already knew of all of these bands or didnt really get into their genre. Most of the thrash are pretty well knowns, for example.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Downvod wrote:
    Danny24601 wrote:Draconian blew my mind when I first heard them. I've been really getting into doom metal since MDB, PL, and Katatonia introduced me to the genre last year, and I love the slightly more gothic-post-Nightwish-type-vibe they mix in a little bit. Had never heard of them before, and they've become my number one must see.

Scar Symmetry? Metalcore? When did that happen? They are Melodic Death/Prog Metal

I said they were the closest thing :) Downtuned guitars with lots of chugging and staccato riffs, two singers; one who does harsh vocals and the other who does higher pitched, radio friendly cleans, and some electronic influence. You're right to categorize them as melodeath, but I still think they are closer to warped-core than any other band here except Amaranthe.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Mine would have to be Cruachan. I was in love with it pretty early. Im a huge fan of irish traditional music and irish history is pretty fascinating to me. Cruachan is like Primordial only with more traditional instruments. Typically im not crazy about folk metal, it really depends on the band. I think that they have a black metal back ground is part of what sets them appart. They arent a gimmick folk metal band with too many musicians.

Fuck yeah Cruachan is sick.

Im also happy with the Dalriada discovery.

Not that i didnt know them before i just forgot about Demolition Hammer. So maybe they count as a new band for me
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:46 pm

I thought Dalriada was, like, a very well known band. Maybe I'm crazy.

So far, no real surprises for me. Nothing in the genres I listen to that's unknown, at least. I want to give a few that I've never heard of (Avatarium, Draconian, etc.) a listen but I already know I'm not the biggest fan of their style of music. But live shows - I'll listen to anything. So they could be worth a set or two.
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:54 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:Mors is kind of my big "holy crap, how have I never heard of these guys?" band.

I'll join you on that one. I gave them a listen when they were announced and had that exact reaction myself haha

Cruachan, Avatarium, Manegard and Dalriada have been some nice discoveries. And Ghost Ship Octavius, they're fucking great!

Being my first cruise, I wasn't sure what to expect from the pre-cruise time, But shit, I've loved finding new bands thanks to the announcements and comments on the forum/FB page. It's been really amazing.

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:36 pm

jdch28 wrote:
    captaingabbeh wrote:Mors is kind of my big "holy crap, how have I never heard of these guys?" band.

Being my first cruise, I wasn't sure what to expect from the pre-cruise time, But shit, I've loved finding new bands thanks to the announcements and comments on the forum/FB page. It's been really amazing.

That is one of the best things about the event!

• sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:55 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Mine would have to be Cruachan. I was in love with it pretty early. Im a huge fan of irish traditional music and irish history is pretty fascinating to me. Cruachan is like Primordial only with more traditional instruments. Typically im not crazy about folk metal, it really depends on the band. I think that they have a black metal back ground is part of what sets them appart. They arent a gimmick folk metal band with too many musicians.

Not that i didnt know them before i just forgot about Demolition Hammer. So maybe they count as a new band for me

Not to jack the thread too much, but if you feel that way about Celtic folk metal, my friend knows these guys, they are at Metal Days every year and I think were able to get on the bill last summer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qjh0LssRm7Q The band name is Na Cruithne.

And if you like Primordial, there used to be Geasa which was good, don't think they're around still. There also Mael Mordha and Waylander. That's the most Irish folk metal I can think up for now.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:14 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Mine would have to be Cruachan. I was in love with it pretty early. Im a huge fan of irish traditional music and irish history is pretty fascinating to me. Cruachan is like Primordial only with more traditional instruments. Typically im not crazy about folk metal, it really depends on the band. I think that they have a black metal back ground is part of what sets them appart. They arent a gimmick folk metal band with too many musicians.

Its funny because I really dig Irish-influenced folk music and folk metal so I was really excited by the concept of Cruachan, but my few attempts at listening to them left me kind of cold. What album/songs would you suggest I start with that might change my mind?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Mors Principium Est for me. I had heard of them before the cruise but never gave them a listen. I'll definitely be at one set, most likely both.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:22 pm

I had never heard of Cruachan before their announcement, but now they're on their way to becoming one of my favourite bands. I've also been really liking Nightmare, Avatarium, and Trauma, as well as listening to more Angra since I started with them a year and a half ago
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:40 pm

I've been listening to a ton of Witchtrap and Kalmah. They both went from "who?" to "must see" status very quickly.

I have also rediscovered Anthrax after not paying any attention to them for the past 15 years. Their latest album is absolutely brilliant...can't wait to see them.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    capacitator51
    Oiler

by capacitator51 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Vreid, Orden Ogan and Manegarm are the three I'd never heard of that I now must see. Odd mix, but variety is the spice of life.
    -|-Barren Earth-Behemoth-Devin.Townsend-Dimmu.Borgir-Enslaved-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Inquisition-Insomnium-In Vain-Kvelertak-Leprous-NeO-Oak.Pantheon-Rotting Christ-Septicflesh-Soen-Swallow.the.Sun-|-
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:19 pm

The announcements this year have been quite humbling for me. I hadn't heard of nearly half the line-up before they were announced.

That said, the few of those that I enjoyed most (or even bothered to check out) were Ghost Ship Octavius, Dalriada, Saltatio Mortis, and Draconian.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:43 pm

I also have been unable to get into Cruachan. I like a lot of folk bands but I've never been able to enjoy black metal. If anyone wants to recommend a good Cruachan album to start with I'd be happy to try again.
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:05 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, Sara. Im sure to give them a listen. Celtic music is just so magnificent. I like old irish drinking songs too.

Danny24601 wrote:Its funny because I really dig Irish-influenced folk music and folk metal so I was really excited by the concept of Cruachan, but my few attempts at listening to them left me kind of cold. What album/songs would you suggest I start with that might change my mind?

I endes up getting 4 of their albums. I would suggest The Middle Kingdom. Lots of excellent bodhrán, tin whistles and bag pipes. The album is heavy on celtic folk lore. Theres an amazing rendition of the old Gaelic song Óró sé do Bheatha Abhaile. Check this one out.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:06 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, Sara. Im sure to give them a listen. Celtic music is just so magnificent. I like old irish drinking songs too.

Danny24601 wrote:Its funny because I really dig Irish-influenced folk music and folk metal so I was really excited by the concept of Cruachan, but my few attempts at listening to them left me kind of cold. What album/songs would you suggest I start with that might change my mind?

I endes up getting 4 of their albums. I would suggest The Middle Kingdom. Lots of excellent bodhrán, tin whistles and bag pipes. The album is heavy on celtic folk lore. Theres an amazing rendition of the old Gaelic song Óró sé do Bheatha Abhaile. Check this one out.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:29 am

Dalriada - Never heard of them before and damn, I like them! I hope I can catch a set.

Orden Ogan - I knew them but I hadn't listened to them in a while - and I totally ignored their latest album. I got back into them when they were announced, and they've become a solid 2 setter for me.

Striker - I'm still getting into them, but I also didn't know about these guys and I like what I'm listening. I'll also try to catch a set.

Besides that, there is a shitload of bands I like but I knew most of them.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:51 am

Many bands I had never heard of (or just knew by name without ever listening to them) but for standouts I'd say Dalriada and Cruachan. I've really been getting into folk metal since a year or so ago after moving to Moldova as most of the good local (MD & RO) bands are, imho, the folk metal ones...

Also diggin' Ghost Ship Octavius will definitely catch a set !
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:36 am

for me, probably Pain.

I'm a big Industrial fan & I really like Rock/Metal mixed with Electronic elements.
    I'm also a fan of solo-esque projects, like NIN & Rico, so this falls neatly into that category.
    Even Misery Loves Co. is predominantly just two guys and their 'your vision...' album was much more electronic based than their earlier stuff.

I'd prefer it if Pain was a bit heavier, but I'll settle.

Trollfest also seem bonkers, so they're cool,
    and although I knew them before the cruise, I've never really listened to much Annihilator before. - digging that.

I also think Powerglove are quite cool, as far as novelty 'nintendo-core' bands go. - I'll certainly check them out.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:59 am

Ghost Ship Octavius and Touch the Sun are my favorites so far.

AceHugger wrote:for me, probably Pain.

I'm a big Industrial fan & I really like Rock/Metal mixed with Electronic elements.

I love industrial metal, especially of the Neue Deutsche Härte kind like Rammstein, Megaherz, Eisbrecher, Oomph!, Heldmaschine, etc., but I could never get into Pain. They were disappointing when I saw them live at PPM Fest in 2014.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:12 am

Oh, check out Raubtier if you want more Swedish industrial metal:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogLwHEPyXBE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9YWF_9B2JQ
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:13 am

Speedy wrote:

Oh, check out Raubtier if you want more Swedish industrial metal:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogLwHEPyXBE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9YWF_9B2JQ

I will do.

Thanks.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:18 am

Ghost Ship Octavius and Haggard.
    Did know about Haggard before but never really did listen to them.

Fun enough my biggest 70k discovery this year is Ancient Bards even though they've never been announced :mrgreen:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:06 am

Unfortunately, nothing has "wowed" me. That said, the two strongest discoveries were Revocation and Nightmare.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:15 am

alex_canada wrote:I love Kalmah but turned off a couple mors songs halfway through. Which songs should I have listened to?

Dalriada is the best discovery. I knew of all the other bands I'm looking forward to.

My favorite MPE song is "I Am War"
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:29 am

Axxis
    Cruachan
    Dalriada
    Edenbridge
    Ghost Ship Octavius
    Månegarm
    Mors Principium Est
    Orden Ogan
    Orphaned Land
    Saltatio Mortis
    Serenity
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:37 am

I'd say Demolition Hammer, and Ghost Ship Octavius. I already knew DH, but for some reason never gave them a chance before seeing they were going to be on the boat. Now, they're most likely going to be a 2-setter.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
Post Reply 48 posts