User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

GHOST SHIP OCTAVIUS Fog Machine?

by deathmetalpat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:46 am

So before the Ice Rink show the sercuity guy told the stage hands they could not use the fog machine up front because it made the floor too slippery.This is the one that creates the "ghost fog effect " and blows in the bass player face.Then in a hurry they set up a fog machine in the catwalk over the floor.Not sure it was a different machine or the same one.Then they turned it on and the stage hand yelled "It's shooting fucking foam",which made the floor very slippery and was never cleaned up the rest of the cruise.So was that "foam bubble " machine a part of their show or did someone mix soap and fog juice together?
My wishlist 2018 -All the bands in 70k rotation that I don't care about.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
User

Sgt. B

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

St Paul, Minnesota

Re: GHOST SHIP OCTAVIUS Fog Machine?

by Sgt. B » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:55 am

I didn't see the 70K set, but GSO did play at this past year's ProgPower. GSO used a soapy foam during their set there. The floor was slippery the rest of the night after that. It sounds like they did the same on the boat.
Abbath-Accept-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-AliceCooper-AmonAmarth-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-Antaeus-Aosoth-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AstralDoors-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-Benediction-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlackTrip-Bloodbath-Borknagar-Brainstorm-Candlemass-CirithUngol-Conan-Convulse-Coroner-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-Danzig-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DevinTownsendProject-DewScented-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enshine-Enslaved-Entombed-Entrails-Evocation-Evoken-Exodus-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Flotsam&Jetsam-TheGathering-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GloriorBelli-Goatwhore-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HallowsEve-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-Helix-Hollenthon-HoodedMenace-Horna-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-InTheWoods-InterArma-InVain-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khold-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-Kreator-LaazRockit-LegionOfTheDamned-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-MachineHead-MaelMordha-Melechesh-Memoriam-Meshuggah-MetalChurch-Mgla-Miasmal-MonsterMagnet-Moonloop-MournfulCongregation-MysticProphecy-Naglfar-Nails-Necrophobic-NeObliviscaris-NightDemon-NocturnalRites-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Obituary-Obsequiae-Obscura-ObsidianTongue-OctoberTide-Okera-TheOcean-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-PagansMind-Panopticon-ParadiseLost-Portal-Powermad-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-Prong-Queensryche(LaTorre)-Remembrance-RottenSound-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Sarke-Saxon-Schammasch-ScorpionChild-Scorpions-SearBliss-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShadowGallery-ShapeOfDespair-Sirenia-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Slayer-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-Summoning-SvartCrown-Sylosis-Taake-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheRuinsOfBeverast-TheSecret-Thulcandra-Triptykon-TwistedSister-U.D.O./Dirkschneider-Uada-Ufomammut-Ulcerate-Ulveheim-Unleashed-Vektor-Vinterland-Voices(UK)-Voivod-Vredehammer-Vuur-WakeTheDead-WASP-WarriorSoul-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witchcraft-Witchery-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-Wolfchant-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Wolvhammer-Yakuza-Yob-Zhrine-ZimmersHole

Survivor: 2012,2014,2015,2016,2017&BtH(2012)
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:06 am

Sgt. B wrote:I didn't see the 70K set, but GSO did play at this past year's ProgPower. GSO used a soapy foam during their set there. The floor was slippery the rest of the night after that. It sounds like they did the same on the boat.

That makes sense,there where 3 stage hands putting the machine in place.I doubt they knew it wasn't a normal fog machine,the guy that yelled "It's shooting fucking foam" is total Spinal Tap moment.Going to remember that forever.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

Yippee38

Rank

Crewman

Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 am

by Yippee38 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:53 am

The problem at ProgPower USA was that they put the fog machine above the "ceiling" (it's like a lattice of 1' squares that they mount stuff on) instead of below it. In Studio B, they put it right behind a light or something similar. In both cases, the foam collected on the the ceiling/light, accumulated, and then fell straight to the floor. I think it's supposed to disperse around the room like it does in their video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ6R07o47aw

In both cases, the foam built up and just fell straight down. I didn't notice any slipperyness in Studio B (stood there later in the night), and people were screwing around with the foam. I didn't see anybody slipping or falling. I don't think they use soap.
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:49 pm

Yeah I think you nailed the problem with how it was set up.It shot directly into one of the light cans,the bubbles that made it all congealed together to fall down like balloon animals.A cool effect if it was set up correctly.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

AceHugger

Rank

Petty Officer

Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:52 am

London, UK

by AceHugger » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:47 am