Lieutenant

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Sweden

Extra charge from RC?

by gnoff_the_creep » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:55 pm

So I have two charges from RC.

One for the corect amount for my tab as specified

Another charge of $12.27 that I do not know where it comes from

Anyone else have strange charges from RC?
PINK

http://twitter.com/rockgnoff/

http://rockgnoff.blogspot.se/
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

Re: Extra charge from RC?

by deathmetalpat » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Not this year but in 2014 I made the mistake of not taking my paper copy of charge from one of the bartenders and was charged twice for the same transaction.This year I had no transactions without the card being swiped,while previous years some of the hand charges never appeared (2012+2013).My guess is bartender wrote done poorly my number or lost the slip.That was evened out by one charge I didn't make but the money difference was about even so I didn't care.After 4 cruises I learned to expect mistakes,in 2013 our previous cabin occupant (prior cruise) either swiped the 6 sodas out of our room in the morning of debarking or cabin attendants never replaced them.I told the cabin attendant they where not there when I checked the cabin the first time.End of cruise,they charged our cabin for the 6 sodas,had to go down and get that taken off.Don't know if I had bad luck or you just had good luck until this year.This year was my 1st of the 4 that everything was correct.
My wishlist 2018 -All the bands in 70k rotation that I don't care about.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
User

mbob

Rank

Petty Officer

Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Montgomery, Texas

by mbob » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:11 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:So I have two charges from RC.

Did you purchase something after you bill was delivered to your room? My bill did not have my Sunday morning purchases on it so they were added later.
2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
2016 - Survivor (2292)
2017 - Survivor (9618)
2018 - 9678!

Please...Accept-|-Alestorm-|-Amon.Amarth-|-Ancient.Bards-|-Apocalyptica-|-Arkona-|-Astral.Doors-|-Atlas.Pain-|-Avantasia-|-Behemoth-|-Blind.Guardian-|-Borknagar-|-Brymir-|-Cain's.Offering-|-Children.of.Bodom-|-Civil.War-|-Crimfall-|-Delain-|-Demons.and.Wizards-|-DragonForce-|-Dragonland-|-Dragony-|-Doro-|-Edguy-|-Eluveitie-|-Ensiferum-|-Epica-|-Ex.Deo-|-Exodus-|-Falconer-|-Firewind-|-Freedom.Call-|-GammaRay-|-Gloryhammer-|-Hammerfall-|-Heathen.Foray-|-Helloween-|-Helstar-|-Holy.Grail-|-Iced.Earth-|-In.Flames-|-In.Extremo-|-Korpiklaani-|-Lacuna.Coil-|-Lizzy.Borden-|-Manowar-|-Metal.Church-|-Nightwish-|-Nothgard-|-Powerwolf-|-Pretty.Maids-|-Primal.Fear-|-Rage-|-Refuge-|-Rhaposody-|-Running.Wild-|-Sabaton-|-Savatage-|-Saxon-|-Serious.Black-|-Sonata.Arctica-|-Stratovarius-|-Svbway.To.Sally-|-Turisas-|-Twilight.Force-|-Tyr-|-U.D.O.-|-Unisonic-|-Van.Canto-|-Venom-|-Wintersun
User

Bob

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

by Bob » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:30 pm

I learned this the hard way also. 1st year one of my cabin mates ate snacks out of the fridge and we were all charged. This year I made sure to tip the cabin assistant as soon as I identified him and had him empty that fridge of anything we could be charged for.

2nd year I noticed my charges didn't add up, some were duplicated. When I complained about it they fixed it right away. I'm sure many don't notice and are charged double for stuff without noticing. It's still not too late to dispute the charges. You just have to take the time to call them and complain. But have some kind of evidence to back up your story. If it's obvious double charging, like mine way, it should be easy.

This year I checked my paper copy during checkout with all the paper receipts that I collected. It was in the ball park and nothing was duplicated that I noticed. You can get a final version of your checkout billing totals, but I had to call them to get it after I got home.
Wishlist 2018: Gojira-/-Tengger-Cavalry-/-Fleshgod-Apoc-/-Hanzel und Gretyl-/-InAeona-/-Babymetal-/-In this Moment-/-Burning Witches-/-Hevisaurus-/-Angelspit-/-Unleash the Archers-/-VUUR-/-Iron Maidens-/-The Heard-/-Myrkur

70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17
no avatar
User

gnoff_the_creep

Rank

Lieutenant

Sweden

by gnoff_the_creep » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:23 pm

mbob wrote:
gnoff_the_creep wrote:So I have two charges from RC.

Did you purchase something after you bill was delivered to your room? My bill did not have my Sunday morning purchases on it so they were added later.

Nope, nothing late enough that wouldn't have hit the bill.
PINK

no avatar
User

gnoff_the_creep

Rank

Lieutenant

Sweden

by gnoff_the_creep » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:40 pm

After a few emails back and forth and waiting a long time it was stated these was charges from the mini bar in the room.
We didn't touch anything, and as far as I can remember the mini bar was empty, just a few bottles of water we never touched either.

They did say they were going to refund me.

I do get annoyed that I have to spent time on such matters though.
PINK

User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:58 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:After a few emails back and forth and waiting a long time it was stated these was charges from the mini bar in the room.
We didn't touch anything, and as far as I can remember the mini bar was empty, just a few bottles of water we never touched either.

They did say they were going to refund me.

I do get annoyed that I have to spent time on such matters though.

It's annoying for you, and I think cruise lines are starting to discover it's more of an annoyance than it's worth to them as well.
I noticed Carnival has completely dropped the "stocked mini-bar" concept and simply allows passengers to store stuff in them. It's about bloody time!

...And then you have the hotels with mini-bars that have sensors that detect if you even MOVE an item inside there, and promptly charge you for it. I found that out the hard way. :evil:
2018 Wishlist:
Abbath--Aeternam--Amon.Amarth--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano
--Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child--Opeth--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Devin.Townsend.Project--Turisas--Tyr--Vintersorg--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Booked (1568)