Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:35 pm

Godflesh wrote:Whatever is happening, it was known well in advance, because no megathread was opened.

Dates of Andy's megathreads:
    BTH: 7/7/12 "The BARGE TO HELL Is Coming!"
    2011: 2/17/10 "11 OUT OF 40 BANDS CONFIRMED!" (post made by Allison not Andy)
    2012: 4/18/11 "Please welcome the first 7 out of 40"
    2013: 6/27/12 "The Wait Is Over! Welcome The First 10 Bands Onbroad!"
    2014: 3/4/13 "70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Is On The Horizon!"
    2015: 2/14/14 "...Are You Getting Excited Yet?"
    2016: 2/27/15 " Are you getting ready...?"
    2017: 5/20/16 "Are You Ready For Round 7?"
    2018: 4/12/17 "Sailors! Prepare Your Wishlists For 70000TONS OF METAL 2"
    2019: SOON

(Edit: Added original thread titles)

And of course there’s the mystery of the Day 3 and 4 recap videos that were never posted after Day 2 in April (another first), which happens to be when the boat renovations ended.
    I hope it’s not a “Can’t we just feed them sandwiches?” Fyre festival kind of situation...

• Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Guys... you are over-thinking the booking process and potential for change pretty damn hard. Why would UMC want to invest in a database that keeps expanding with various tiers of loyalty for early bookings, discounts, etc.? Do you understand the logistical nightmare your concocting with those booking processes? The management of all that would be such a waste of time and Andy doesn't seem like the kind of person who wants to deal with that...

All UMC should really have is Gold survivors with early bookings, maybe a reserved pool of cabins in each tier for it, and a % of 70Ks sailed to qualify so that it grows every year and gets harder and harder to qualify for. And I really emphasize *should* here - I don't think they need to do anything; they could just have a single public sale date and be done with it (10% Gold discount on cabin price would be enough). Name any other metal festival that rewards return-customers like 70K already does.

Also, with the budget of this festival (and considering the fact that they keep selling out), they could very easily upgrade their IT infrastructure (or contract it out) so that the flood of bookings doesn't crash the site. Source: I'm an IT manager. Andy, if you're reading this and looking for IT support, I'll gladly help :lol:
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:06 pm

Phoenix wrote:Though it also weeds out those who have never gone, who don't hear news and decide to book Wacken instead because Demons and Wizards got announced.

Why not do both? WOA and 70k do not collide in terms of dates. I have ordered my tickets for WOA yesterday and still am planing on boarding the ship if possible.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:40 pm

I'm so tired of this we know the port - we know the dates - we even know the ship ….. but we don't know one fucking band. WTF …… this is starting to piss me off. This has to be the least excited I have been on any of the cruises (and I have done them all) :cry: :evil: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:47 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:I'm so tired of this we know the port - we know the dates - we even know the ship ….. but we don't know one fucking band. WTF …… this is starting to piss me off. This has to be the least excited I have been on any of the cruises (and I have done them all) :cry: :evil: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

As say we all... Would JUDAS PRIEST being announced placate you (I genuinely would like to know, since I have this fantasy in my head)?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:55 pm

Stolen shamelessly from Facebook:

Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:19 pm

Godflesh wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:I'm so tired of this we know the port - we know the dates - we even know the ship ….. but we don't know one fucking band. WTF …… this is starting to piss me off. This has to be the least excited I have been on any of the cruises (and I have done them all) :cry: :evil: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

As say we all... Would JUDAS PRIEST being announced placate you (I genuinely would like to know, since I have this fantasy in my head)?

I have a Slayer thing going (they did do Motorboat) but not holding my breathe - Priest would be happy surprise, I would think these bands more for the 10 year cruise on a bigger ship ..... just not understanding this year
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:33 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:

I have a Slayer thing going (they did do Motorboat) but not holding my breathe - Priest would be happy surprise, I would think these bands more for the 10 year cruise on a bigger ship ..... just not understanding this year

Hmm, Slayer will be headlining HellFest in June.
    Tom hates touring now, but I could see him loving a paid vacation with his entire family, which has been his gripe with touring (away from family).
    So perhaps Slayer is the big 2019 surprise, instead of Judas. Or both :mrgreen:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:49 pm

Godflesh wrote:Hmm, Slayer will be headlining HellFest in June.
    Tom hates touring now, but I could see him loving a paid vacation with his entire family, which has been his gripe with touring (away from family).
    So perhaps Slayer is the big 2019 surprise, instead of Judas. Or both :mrgreen:

By that same flawed logic: MANOWAR will also play HellFest, and their tour only starts in March, so perhaps Andy has managed to book all 3 of them as headliners, and since then he’s been floating in his swimming pool snorting cocaine while giving us both fingers and laughing manically.
    That would explain everything, even the missing videos and logo update :lol:
    Alright, now that I’ve set expectations, my job here is done :D
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:52 am

Amalu wrote:Why not do both? WOA and 70k do not collide in terms of dates. I have ordered my tickets for WOA yesterday and still am planing on boarding the ship if possible.

Because it's expensive? A lot of the people I know that do 70k can barely afford the cruise, let alone a trip overseas.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:11 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Amalu wrote:Why not do both? WOA and 70k do not collide in terms of dates. I have ordered my tickets for WOA yesterday and still am planing on boarding the ship if possible.

Because it's expensive? A lot of the people I know that do 70k can barely afford the cruise, let alone a trip overseas.

Even aside from the expense, some people can't get that much time off work. Most of us aren't trustafarian* kids.... Fyre Festival this ain't. Yet, anyway.

---
    * "trustafarian" -- living well off Mom and Dad's trust fund, with no need to be employed
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Phoenix wrote:Because it's expensive? A lot of the people I know that do 70k can barely afford the cruise, let alone a trip overseas.

Yeah right, I get you. I had a bit to much of a European perspective on this. As I can easily drive to Wacken in a couple of hours for under 100$ it is not to expensive.

The cruise on the other hand with an intercontinental flight will be a lot more expansive.

So for us over here, if you manage to finance 70k, you will most certainly also be able to squeeze in Wacken.

Pellaz wrote:Even aside from the expense, some people can't get that much time off work.

Again, sorry. To much of a narrow minded European perspective. I need to take 4 weeks paid vacation by law. I did not for this year and got an angry mail form HR a few days ago.

Pellaz wrote: * "trustafarian" -- living well off Mom and Dad's trust fund, with no need to be employed

Got to remember that one. :lol:
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:23 pm

Amalu wrote:...Again, sorry. To much of a narrow minded European perspective. I need to take 4 weeks paid vacation by law. I did not for this year and got an angry mail form HR a few days ago.

Gawd damnit! Takes me 20 years seniority to get the 4 weeks of vacation benefit.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:28 pm

...Again, sorry. To much of a narrow minded European perspective. I need to take 4 weeks paid vacation by law. I did not for this year and got an angry mail form HR a few days ago.

I get 10 days ... And 7 are used up for the pre-party and boat. The other 3 im lucky if I get to use.
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:56 pm

Amalu wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Even aside from the expense, some people can't get that much time off work.

Again, sorry. To much of a narrow minded European perspective. I need to take 4 weeks paid vacation by law. I did not for this year and got an angry mail form HR a few days ago.

I don't have to take mine "by law," but I forfeit any accrued vacation time over 240 hours at the end of the year if I don't take it or donate it. (I get c. 26 days per year.) The email I'd get would be more "haha, you lose" than angry. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:24 pm

Bob wrote:
    Amalu wrote:...Again, sorry. To much of a narrow minded European perspective. I need to take 4 weeks paid vacation by law. I did not for this year and got an angry mail form HR a few days ago.

Gawd damnit! Takes me 20 years seniority to get the 4 weeks of vacation benefit.

Man that sucks.

We get 4 weeks here - we don't have the kind of 'use it or lose it' situation like Amalu, although most places in Australia will politely advise you to take leave if you have massive amounts accrued (maybe a little of the 'hey give yourself a break and take some time off', but also because its a liability to the company to have a large amount of leave accrued).

Previous job I had pretty much closed down over xmas period so I always had to use the bulk of my leave at that time. Often leaving just enough for me to take time off for 70K, or leaving me with a slightly negative leave balance.

Thankfully my new employer isn't like that so I can take leave whenever I want it which is great! I tend to prefer working over the xmas period as the office is much quieter :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:42 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Thankfully my new employer isn't like that so I can take leave whenever I want it which is great! I tend to prefer working over the xmas period as the office is much quieter :)

I like to work during the summer, because most people are on their vacation. That's why I still have four weeks of summer vacation left (plus a week of winter vacation for the first quarter of 2019). Should probably use it at some point.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: One More For Good Measure

by Godflesh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:03 pm

Andy wrote:You thought we were done? Of course not! Here's one more for good measure!

The EXODUS of metalheads from across the globe to South Florida is well on its way! Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise is about to begin. Can you feel the excitement?

We've got 61 bands onbroad for your ultimate Heavy Metal Vacation where you will spend 5 days and 4 nights forgetting about the mundane real world. 70000TONS OF METAL is where your headbanger dreams come true! See all of you Sailors on February 1st, 2018 for embarkation!

“And this, little Timmy, is what we used to call a “ band announcement”, back in your grandfather’s days.
    Notice how it was made just 2 days before embarkation, that’s a beautiful specimen.
    And this 2018 logo, ah, it hasn’t changed in all these years.
    Those were the days!
    Alright, off to bed now, tomorrow I’ll tell you how all this was replaced by the “Disturbed:Oh wah-ah-ah boat” cruise...”
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:40 pm

LOL

"Sailors! What's that big red "S" floating in the waters before our becalmed boat? Could it mean "SOOOOOOOOON"??"
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Some stats from the Statsman.

163 days to go. At this stage, in the pages of history:

2018 Cruise - In the middle of a two month band announcement drought, but with 21 bands already announced
    2017 Cruise - At the start of a four month band announcement drought, 39 bands already announced
    2016 Cruise - In a two month band announcement drought, 31 bands already announced
    2015 Cruise - 27 bands announced (NOT in band announcement drought - that year it occurred Oct/Nov)
    2014 Cruise - In the middle of a five month band announcement drought, 13 bands announced
    2013 Cruise - In the middle of a two month band announcement drought, 15 bands announced
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:40 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Some stats from the Statsman.

163 days to go. At this stage, in the pages of history:

2018 Cruise - In the middle of a two month band announcement drought, but with 21 bands already announced
    2017 Cruise - At the start of a four month band announcement drought, 39 bands already announced
    2016 Cruise - In a two month band announcement drought, 31 bands already announced
    2015 Cruise - 27 bands announced (NOT in band announcement drought - that year it occurred Oct/Nov)
    2014 Cruise - In the middle of a five month band announcement drought, 13 bands announced
    2013 Cruise - In the middle of a two month band announcement drought, 15 bands announced

What still baffles me is the financial side. All those droughts happened with money sitting in UMC’s bank account (for people who paid in full early), this year they have zero.
    Shitrocked was smart enough to accomplish both.
    Could it simply be that in the current economy, the discount for paying in full early is just not worth it anymore?
    Do we have an economist here who could chime in?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:54 pm

It would be a very complicated formula indeed to quantify this in anything remotely resembling an accurate fashion, with all the different discounts etc.

Interest rates generally quite low at the moment. So the 5% discount offered to people that pay in full up front would probably be just enough to be at least not a huge financial burden on UMC.

However I would imagine that in years past the cash flow they received from early bookings would then be used to finance all the other things related to the cruise - promotion, wages, up front costs relating to the ship or bands etc.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:10 pm

It is 84 days since 70k first said they "will be releasing more information on ticket sales as well as the initial Artist lineup SOON".

84 days.

In that amount of time I could have watched every episode of MASH 6 times.

In that amount of time you could listen to every song the Beatles recorded 200 times.

Civilizations have risen and fallen in that amount of time :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:49 am

WHEN shall we witness the death of this thread?
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:18 pm

It's interesting that this thread, despite being on artificial life support for waaay too long, only has 281227 views, while the 2017 official thread (whose last post was made on 2/24/2017) had 417920, 50% more.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:20 pm

cowboy71 wrote:It is 84 days since 70k first said they "will be releasing more information on ticket sales as well as the initial Artist lineup SOON".

84 days.

In that amount of time you could listen to every song the Beatles recorded 200 times.

Yep. Roman Emperors have been crowned and deposed in less time. :shock:

cegr80 wrote:WHEN shall we witness the death of this thread?

"When" is the title of an awesome Opeth song! IS THIS A CLUE?!?!?!?!?!1111 :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:20 am

cowboy71 wrote:It is 84 days since 70k first said they "will be releasing more information on ticket sales as well as the initial Artist lineup SOON".

84 days.

They owned you good on the MASH reference, gotta give them that :lol:

They also had a nice defense on “prove you’re not a robot”. They’re good.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:17 am

hahaha - yeah that MASH one was gold :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Post Reply 2628 posts