Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
  • stevep52
    Oiler

Re: Horror On The High Seas

by stevep52 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:47 pm

Maybe Immolation will be the next add. It sort of fits the clue.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:40 am

PacNW wrote:I would love it if Impaled is the next band. I saw them back in 2007-2008 or so and really enjoyed them, but then they went hiatus or something?

They put out a new album in 2013 and played MDF 2014. They are still listed as active on Metallum.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:28 am

Warphine wrote:
    PacNW wrote:I would love it if Impaled is the next band. I saw them back in 2007-2008 or so and really enjoyed them, but then they went hiatus or something?

They put out a new album in 2013 and played MDF 2014. They are still listed as active on Metallum.

They are semi-active. They played a show this year in Europe, and are open to playing more shows, but the Impaled project is not what most members are focusing on as their primary project at the moment.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:32 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    stevep52 wrote:Not sure if I am missing something obvious, but what is a Cripper band?

Way back before Round 1 of 70k, Andy wanted to find a good, not-too-expensive way to round out the lineup. To do so, he decided to book several largely unknown bands from a variety of countries and genres. One of them was Cripper, whom the sailors loved SO MUCH decided to give them an award for Greatest Previously Unknown Band. Now Andy does this every year, and we call these bands "Cripper bands".

Yep. I'm pretty sure we already have a few Cripper contenders for 2018 if we go by last.fm or Spotify listener statistics like before. Aeternam and Gyze, probably...and maybe a couple more.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:40 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:
    stevep52 wrote:Not sure if I am missing something obvious, but what is a Cripper band?

Way back before Round 1 of 70k, Andy wanted to find a good, not-too-expensive way to round out the lineup. To do so, he decided to book several largely unknown bands from a variety of countries and genres. One of them was Cripper, whom the sailors loved SO MUCH decided to give them an award for Greatest Previously Unknown Band. Now Andy does this every year, and we call these bands "Cripper bands".

Yep. I'm pretty sure we already have a few Cripper contenders for 2018 if we go by last.fm or Spotify listener statistics like before. Aeternam and Gyze, probably...and maybe a couple more.

Aeternam has 10,030 listeners on last.fm, and last year the cutoff was 10,000 :D
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:55 pm

After listening to Gyze (3649 listeners), I doubt another Cripper band will top them. That's a gauntlet, Andy!
    Last edited by meshuggah on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:57 pm

meshuggah wrote:After listening to Gyze (3649 lsiteners), I doubt another Cripper band will top them. That's a gauntlet, Andy!

I am REALLY excited to catch a Gyze set. These guys seem really talented, I bet their show is gonna be a lot of fun.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • MasterMcDuff
    Oiler

by MasterMcDuff » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:59 am

Phoenix wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:After listening to Gyze (3649 lsiteners), I doubt another Cripper band will top them. That's a gauntlet, Andy!

I am REALLY excited to catch a Gyze set. These guys seem really talented, I bet their show is gonna be a lot of fun.

Yowza! And here I thought Aeternam had it in the bag. Sounds like Gyze is getting lots of love, too! Some good Cripper bands this year, imo! :shred:
  • stevep52
    Oiler

by stevep52 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:47 am

How many Cripper bands do we usually get?

As mentioned previously, a number of bands that I would like to see that may fit into this category.
  • MasterMcDuff
    Oiler

by MasterMcDuff » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:03 pm

Godflesh wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Yep. I'm pretty sure we already have a few Cripper contenders for 2018 if we go by last.fm or Spotify listener statistics like before. Aeternam and Gyze, probably...and maybe a couple more.

Aeternam has 10,030 listeners on last.fm, and last year the cutoff was 10,000 :D

The question is, how many listeners did they have before they were announced? :D
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:08 pm

stevep52 wrote:How many Cripper bands do we usually get?

As mentioned previously, a number of bands that I would like to see that may fit into this category.

2017 we had 7 official Cripper contenders, though I believe Andy books anywhere between 10 and 15 bands he will refer to as Crippers. Our cutoffs are usually put in place to intentionally exclude bands that have very well known players in the metal scene (Ghost Ship Octavius, Avatarium) to truly keep with that unknown feel.

EDIT: This all being said, there was no winner of the 2017 Cripper Award. Don't ask the details, suffice to say there's a couple bugs in the voting process.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:10 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    stevep52 wrote:How many Cripper bands do we usually get?

2017 we had 7 official Cripper contenders, though I believe Andy books anywhere between 10 and 15 bands he will refer to as Crippers. Our cutoffs are usually put in place to intentionally exclude bands that have very well known players in the metal scene (Ghost Ship Octavius, Avatarium) to truly keep with that unknown feel.

EDIT: This all being said, there was no winner of the 2017 Cripper Award. Don't ask the details, suffice to say there's a couple bugs in the voting process.

2016 I think was very contentious because there were two very standout bands. A power metal band and thrash band. I think that really divided people more then if there had been just one standout or the standouts were of a similar genre.

2017, while there were issue, I don't think it boiled down so much to a genre riff, just people were a little ticked off about the outside lobbying. Me personally I was less worried about it in 2017, because none of the cripper bands blew me away last year (no knock against anyone who had a strong favorite for last year, just I did not)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:32 pm

slayergeek wrote:2017, while there were issue, I don't think it boiled down so much to a genre riff, just people were a little ticked off about the outside lobbying. Me personally I was less worried about it in 2017, because none of the cripper bands blew me away last year (no knock against anyone who had a strong favorite for last year, just I did not)

Pretty much. I did have a favourite, but I was so ticked off at the escalation of the voting that I fully agreed with the committee's decision to pull it.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:12 pm

MasterMcDuff wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Yep. I'm pretty sure we already have a few Cripper contenders for 2018 if we go by last.fm or Spotify listener statistics like before. Aeternam and Gyze, probably...and maybe a couple more.

The question is, how many listeners did they have before they were announced? :D

Heh, that's exactly what I was thinking.

slayergeek wrote:2017, while there were issue, I don't think it boiled down so much to a genre riff, just people were a little ticked off about the outside lobbying.

It was entirely due to people being ticked off about the outside lobbying, and with good reason IMO.
    The award shouldn't be a popularity contest, or a test of a band's social media skills....it should be based solely on 70K Survivors' impressions of the bands they saw and liked.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Shaken, Not Stirred

by Andy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:40 pm

The legendary Slam pioneers from New York will cause you to suffer from INTERNAL BLEEDING onbroad Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Don't worry, there are over 22 bars and lounges onbroad to help you soothe the pain...

Up next, we'll have you barking at the "M"oon!

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Shaken, Not Stirred

by Phoenix » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:54 pm

Andy wrote:Up next, we'll have you barking at the "M"oon!

Ho ho! That sounds like Metsatoll to me!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:16 pm

Hell yea Internal Bleeding! Representing my home town!

Moonspell or Moonsorrow? Too obvious maybe?!
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Phoenix wrote:

I really hope so!

JoAnnamayhem wrote:Moonspell or Moonsorrow? Too obvious maybe?!

Moonsorrow were on in 2017, and Moonspell are on tour during the cruise. I think Jess is right. Metsatöll means "wolf".
    Last edited by acidbasement on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:19 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote:Moonspell or Moonsorrow? Too obvious maybe?!

Moonsorrow were on this year so they're out, and I believe someone said Moonspell is touring?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Moonsorrow were on this year so they're out, and I believe someone said Moonspell is touring?

Alright, im cool with that =)

3 cheers for Melechesh or Metsatoll then! (spelling?)
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:28 pm

Metsatöll would be a swell add!

Phoenix wrote:

2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:42 pm

I think Jess is right. Metsatöll means "wolf"

I did not know that! That's awesome!
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:45 pm

Internal Bleeding is awful. Shitty addition.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:48 pm

Phoenix wrote:

I'd love to have Metsatoll but how does this clue point to them?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

I'd love to have Metsatoll but how does this clue point to them?

Metsatoll is the ancient Estonian expression for "wolf".

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:58 pm

Internal Bleeding. Meh.

Maybe Mechina for the "M" clue? All their albums are based on a really epic overarching sci-fi story about escaping a doomed planet for outer space.

Long shot, but it'd sure be cool.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Metsatoll would be okay and fit the clue, but I'd really love to see Melechesh again.
    2025 Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Gratch wrote:Internal Bleeding. Meh.

Maybe Mechina for the "M" clue? All their albums are based on a really epic overarching sci-fi story about escaping a doomed planet for outer space.

Long shot, but it'd sure be cool.

I'd go nuts if it was Mechina but I can't see it happening. Actually I think they've never played live.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:27 pm

Internal Bleeding

And I've already said it, but the only "M" band I care about is Morbid Angel.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Internal Bleeding is awful. Shitty addition.

:lol: :lol:

Damn man. You're not usually that blunt.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Pretty crappy add that one.

On the bright side it looks like I will have a heap of time to hang out and drink with everyone!!!

And I'm TOTALLY gonna do karaoke this time - someone hold me to that okay? :P

I was thinking Metsatoll as well due to the clue. That would be a cool addition if its right.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:17 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Pretty crappy add that one.

On the bright side it looks like I will have a heap of time to hang out and drink with everyone!!!

I was thinking Metsatoll as well due to the clue. That would be a cool addition if its right.

We can BOTH hold each other to karaoke, I also have not done it yet :P

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:44 pm

Phoenix wrote:

DEAL!!!! :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:03 pm

INTERNAL BLEEDING
    Image....Image
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:56 pm

Don't worry, there are over 22 bars and lounges onbroad to help you soothe the pain...
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:59 pm

I love the fact that the Facebook announcement says "on board" but here it says "onbroad" ;)
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:04 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

DEAL!!!! :D

Sing us some AC/DC, a'right mate?
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:28 pm

Ethrivas wrote:In Vain or In Mourning would be good but i think it will be Internal Bleeding (based on the hint).

It's a pity that i was right :(

For the next clue, Metsatöll seems to be the obvious band. Moonshade is also another option (which would be great for Cripper material, MDM fans should check out their Goddess Eternal song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSndbZlzHC0 )

I'd be happier if it turns out to be; Melechesh, Mgla or Morbid Angel ofc.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:27 am

I have not seen Internal Bleeding since the early 90's
    I will check them out again :deathmetal:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Godflesh wrote:

Don't worry, there are over 22 bars and lounges onbroad to help you soothe the pain...

"..Bars that are open 24 hours! Yes, that's right, sailors, bars that NEVER close!"

(Except when they do. :lol: )
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Post Reply 2628 posts