Re: Gaze Into The Infinite

by Ethrivas » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:46 pm

Warphine wrote:
Ethrivas wrote:Vreid, right?

They were on this year so they are out.

Awww bummer :(
Voivod then probably
2018 - BOOKED

Wishlist: Be'lakor, Fleshgod Apo, Tribulation, Brymir, Lamb of God, Dimmu Borgir, Iced Earth, The Seer, Moonshade, Morbid Angel, EtoS, Godsmack, Mgla, Hypocrisy, Tyr, Melechesh, Harakiri for the Sky, Nailed to Obscurity, Chthonic.
User

Ethrivas

Rank

Oiler

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:53 pm

by Ethrivas » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:49 pm

Phoenix wrote:Or perhaps "In Vain" is categorised under the V? Yes? Maybe? No? Okay.

:D /support for In Vain
2018 - BOOKED

Wishlist: Be'lakor, Fleshgod Apo, Tribulation, Brymir, Lamb of God, Dimmu Borgir, Iced Earth, The Seer, Moonshade, Morbid Angel, EtoS, Godsmack, Mgla, Hypocrisy, Tyr, Melechesh, Harakiri for the Sky, Nailed to Obscurity, Chthonic.
User

TPH

Rank

Petty Officer

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 am

Dublin, Ireland

by TPH » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:23 am

Razor Ramon wrote:V for VUUR, come on Chico!!!

The clue clearly points toward Voivod, but I'm all for having Anneke on board, would be a terrific announcement!
Wacken 2003
Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
User

praey

Rank

Wiper

Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:45 am

New Orleans

by praey » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:52 am

I guess Void of Silence would be a little too on the nose? We could use more doom bands though.
Survivor 2015, 2016, 2017
Booked 2018
User

Hoppy McGee

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:53 am

Ontario, Canada

by Hoppy McGee » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:22 am

I'm really hoping the next announcement is Vader but I'm guessing it's going to be something lighter. Van Canto was rumored to be in negotiations or invited the last couple years so I wouldn't be surprised if it's them. Voivod is possible as well but that seems almost too obvious to fit the clue.
70k 2016 Cabin 9399
70k 2017 Cabin 2364
70k 2018 Cabin 9678
-/-Abbath-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Aborted-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anciients-/-Asphyx-/-Autopsy-/-Avatar-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-Be'lakor-/-Benediction-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bloodbath-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Cancer-/-Convulse-/-Cormorant-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Fortress-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Dawn.of.Disease-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Decapitated-/Deicide-/Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deströyer.666-/-Desultory-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dismember-/-Drakwald-/-Elder-/-Emperor-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Exhumed-/-Finntroll-/-Firespawn-/-Ghoul-/-Goatwhore-/-Gojira-/-Gorguts-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-HateSphere-/-High.on.Fire-/-Horrendous-/-Huntress-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-In.Flames-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-Killer.Be.Killed-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Legion.of.the.Damned-/-LIK-/-Machine.Head-/-Magic.Circle-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-Memoriam-/-Mgla-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Morbid-Angel-/-Morta.Skuld-/-Naglfar-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Necrophobic-/-Obituary-/-Obesquiae-/-Once.Human-/-Onslaught-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Primordial-/-Protector-/-Red.Fang-/-Ripper-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruinous-/-Samael-/-Satan-/-Satyricon-/-Sinister-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletonwitch-/Slayer-/-Soen-/Sulphur-/-Sulphur.Aeon-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Temple.of.Baal-/-This.Ending-/-Thulcandra-/-Trap.Them-/-Tribulation-/-Vader-/-Vampire-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-White.Empress-/-Wintersun-/-Witchery-/-Wolfheart-
User

Sgt. B

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

St Paul, Minnesota

by Sgt. B » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:55 am

I'd be happy with any of the following:

Vektor
Vinterland
Voices(UK)
Voivod
Vredehammer
Vuur
Abbath-Accept-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-AliceCooper-AmonAmarth-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-Antaeus-Aosoth-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AstralDoors-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-Benediction-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlackTrip-Bloodbath-Borknagar-Brainstorm-Candlemass-CirithUngol-Conan-Convulse-Coroner-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-Danzig-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DevinTownsendProject-DewScented-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enshine-Enslaved-Entombed-Entrails-Evocation-Evoken-Exodus-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Flotsam&Jetsam-TheGathering-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GloriorBelli-Goatwhore-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HallowsEve-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-Helix-Hollenthon-HoodedMenace-Horna-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-InTheWoods-InterArma-InVain-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khold-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-Kreator-LaazRockit-LegionOfTheDamned-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-MachineHead-MaelMordha-Melechesh-Memoriam-Meshuggah-MetalChurch-Mgla-Miasmal-MonsterMagnet-Moonloop-MournfulCongregation-MysticProphecy-Naglfar-Nails-Necrophobic-NeObliviscaris-NightDemon-NocturnalRites-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Obituary-Obsequiae-Obscura-ObsidianTongue-OctoberTide-Okera-TheOcean-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-PagansMind-Panopticon-ParadiseLost-Portal-Powermad-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-Prong-Queensryche(LaTorre)-Remembrance-RottenSound-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Sarke-Saxon-Schammasch-ScorpionChild-Scorpions-SearBliss-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShadowGallery-ShapeOfDespair-Sirenia-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Slayer-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-Summoning-SvartCrown-Sylosis-Taake-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheRuinsOfBeverast-TheSecret-Thulcandra-Triptykon-TwistedSister-U.D.O./Dirkschneider-Uada-Ufomammut-Ulcerate-Ulveheim-Unleashed-Vektor-Vinterland-Voices(UK)-Voivod-Vredehammer-Vuur-WakeTheDead-WASP-WarriorSoul-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witchcraft-Witchery-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-Wolfchant-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Wolvhammer-Yakuza-Yob-Zhrine-ZimmersHole

Survivor: 2012,2014,2015,2016,2017&BtH(2012)
User

Warphine

Rank

Ensign

Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Orlando, FL

by Warphine » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:58 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:I'm really hoping the next announcement is Vader but I'm guessing it's going to be something lighter. Van Canto was rumored to be in negotiations or invited the last couple years so I wouldn't be surprised if it's them. Voivod is possible as well but that seems almost too obvious to fit the clue.

I think it might be Vader. Someone commented on their post a few weeks ago and said that they should do The Ultimate Incantation in its entirety on 70k and the band responded "Great idea! ;)"

Small glimmer of hope there. :headbanger:
Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
no avatar
User

Andy

Rank

THE SKIPPER

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:04 pm

THE BRIDGE

Embrace The Chaos

by Andy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:10 am

Prepare for disarray as VOIVOD astonishes you twice onbroad Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL! Once on the way to our Caribbean dream destination Grand Turk and once again on our way back to Florida.

We are "T"wo thirds of the way... will you be with these Chaosmöngers when we pass the gate to board The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise?

User

Sgt. B

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

St Paul, Minnesota

Re: Embrace The Chaos

by Sgt. B » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:39 am

I am happy with Voivod :headbanger:
Abbath-Accept-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-AliceCooper-AmonAmarth-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-Antaeus-Aosoth-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AstralDoors-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-Benediction-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlackTrip-Bloodbath-Borknagar-Brainstorm-Candlemass-CirithUngol-Conan-Convulse-Coroner-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-Danzig-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DevinTownsendProject-DewScented-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enshine-Enslaved-Entombed-Entrails-Evocation-Evoken-Exodus-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Flotsam&Jetsam-TheGathering-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GloriorBelli-Goatwhore-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HallowsEve-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-Helix-Hollenthon-HoodedMenace-Horna-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-InTheWoods-InterArma-InVain-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khold-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-Kreator-LaazRockit-LegionOfTheDamned-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-MachineHead-MaelMordha-Melechesh-Memoriam-Meshuggah-MetalChurch-Mgla-Miasmal-MonsterMagnet-Moonloop-MournfulCongregation-MysticProphecy-Naglfar-Nails-Necrophobic-NeObliviscaris-NightDemon-NocturnalRites-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Obituary-Obsequiae-Obscura-ObsidianTongue-OctoberTide-Okera-TheOcean-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-PagansMind-Panopticon-ParadiseLost-Portal-Powermad-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-Prong-Queensryche(LaTorre)-Remembrance-RottenSound-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Sarke-Saxon-Schammasch-ScorpionChild-Scorpions-SearBliss-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShadowGallery-ShapeOfDespair-Sirenia-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Slayer-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-Summoning-SvartCrown-Sylosis-Taake-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheRuinsOfBeverast-TheSecret-Thulcandra-Triptykon-TwistedSister-U.D.O./Dirkschneider-Uada-Ufomammut-Ulcerate-Ulveheim-Unleashed-Vektor-Vinterland-Voices(UK)-Voivod-Vredehammer-Vuur-WakeTheDead-WASP-WarriorSoul-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witchcraft-Witchery-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-Wolfchant-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Wolvhammer-Yakuza-Yob-Zhrine-ZimmersHole

Survivor: 2012,2014,2015,2016,2017&BtH(2012)
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:46 am

I guess I need to listen to Voivod. These Canadian bands, while super cool, are a little less preferred than others. Since bands from Quebec get out east eventually.

"Two" many guesses for this next one.
Aeternam-†-Amon.Amarth-†-Black.Crown.Initiate-†-ChthoniC-†-Gorod-†-In.Extremo-†-Insomnium-†-In.Vain-†-Korpiklaani-†-Melechesh-†-Mercenary-†-Metsatöll-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Sabaton-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Soilwork-†-Solstafir-†-Tengger.Calvary-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

acidbasement

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Erickson, Manitoba

by acidbasement » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:09 am

"T" and C. The Crown? But what about the ö? And something about the gate?
Korpiklaani-/-In.Extremo-/-Alestorm-/-Aeternam-/-Battle.Beast-/-Threshold-/-Moonspell-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Civil.War-/-Wederganger-/-Scarab-/-Kontrust-/-Gloryhammer-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Heathen.Foray-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars-/-Metsatöll-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-Vogelfrey
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:13 am

acidbasement wrote:"T" and C. The Crown? But what about the ö? And something about the gate?

Chaosmöngers is just the name of a Voivod song. Something about two thirds and/or the gate is probably the clue, if there is one.
Aeternam-†-Amon.Amarth-†-Black.Crown.Initiate-†-ChthoniC-†-Gorod-†-In.Extremo-†-Insomnium-†-In.Vain-†-Korpiklaani-†-Melechesh-†-Mercenary-†-Metsatöll-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Sabaton-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Soilwork-†-Solstafir-†-Tengger.Calvary-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

TPH

Rank

Petty Officer

Dublin, Ireland

by TPH » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:31 am

Voivod

I don't really see the C being a part of the clue, but if it is...There's a The Crown song called Devil Gate Ride, on the (excellent) Deathrace Kings album.
Just sayin'.
Wacken 2003
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
User

slayergeek

Rank

Petty Officer

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:02 am

by slayergeek » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:57 am

acidbasement wrote:"T" and C. The Crown? But what about the ö? And something about the gate?

I would be soooooo stoked for The Crown, but I chatted with one of the guys on Facebook last week, and he indicated that the band would not be available for the dates of the cruise, though he left 2019 as a possibility.

In this case I would not mind at all if he gave me a bunch of BS to avoid ruining an announcement, but far more likely...it is not them.
Survivor
    2014,2015,2016,2017,Booked_2018

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Drummer/Singer_for
    FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Exhumed-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Exmortus-/-Exodus-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Black_Dahlia_Murder-/-Warbringer-/-Wintersun
User

Ethrivas

Rank

Oiler

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:53 pm

by Ethrivas » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:01 am

The Crown would be great. Dying of the Heart is one hell of a song.

I'll be happy with;
Tribulation, Tyr, Turisas, Thyrfing, The Seer or Trivium.
2018 - BOOKED

User

Mr.Kito

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am

São Paulo, Brasil

by Mr.Kito » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:51 am

Voivod is a band I need to listen more carefuly.

But many cruise mates seem happy with them, so I think i'm gonna check them out
2018.: Accept-Adrenaline.Mob-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Aneurose-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Doro-Edguy--Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Grand.Magus-Hazy-HellArise-In.Flames-Kreator-Kontrust-Mors.Principium.Est-Nevermore-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Soilwork-Subway.To.Sally-Susperia-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-TriOsphere-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Unexpect-Warrel.Dane
2013-Survivor
2014-Survivor
2015-Survivor
2016- :(
2017- :(
2018-BOOKED!
User

Warphine

Rank

Ensign

Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Orlando, FL

by Warphine » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:57 am

Voivod was great live when I saw them a year ago, although I'm not super big on them.

Now "The Crown" on the other hand would make me jump up high and squeal like a girl with excitement. :)
Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
no avatar
User

meshuggah

Rank

Ensign

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

New York, NY

by meshuggah » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:58 am

Passing through the gates of hell with Thy Antichrist?
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:29 pm

Cool, Voivod. We were thinking they'd be TOO obvious a choice, given the clue.

Lots of good possibilities for "T".... Tyr or Turisas would be great and we're a bit low on folk bands this year. Tribulation or Thyrfing would be cool too. Twilight Force just changed vocalists but could be a possibility.

Tidfall from Norway has an album called Instinct Gate, but they've been "on hold" for years.
2018 Wishlist:
Abbath--Aeternam--Amon.Amarth--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano
--Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child--Opeth--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Devin.Townsend.Project--Turisas--Tyr--Vintersorg--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Booked (1568)
User

metalmaciejmetal

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:27 pm

Mississauga, Ontario

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:37 pm

The next one is gonna be TT Quick. The cruise is lacking in the old man band category.
Survivor 2016 and 2017
User

metalmaciejmetal

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:27 pm

Mississauga, Ontario

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:05 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:BEYOND CREATION
Well this isn't Battlore, Borknagar, or Be'lakor..
Beyond Creation is alright though, just not what I wanted.

V for VUUR, come on Chico!!!

That was nasty. Mantaur got a hell of a bitch slap.
Survivor 2016 and 2017
no avatar
User

Andy

Rank

THE SKIPPER

THE BRIDGE

3 months Until Sailing!

by Andy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:00 pm

Sailors!

In exactly 3 months you will be onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2018!

With 60 international Heavy Metal bands, 4 stages including The World’s Biggest Open Air Stage Structure to Sail the Seas, and 3000 metalheads from around the globe enjoying 22 Bars, over 10 dining venues, and 6 whirlpools – two of which overlook the ocean – this truly is a festival experience like no other!

Only 3 months to 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, Round 8 of The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

no avatar
User

stevep52

Rank

Oiler

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:48 am

Re: 3 months Until Sailing!

by stevep52 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:38 pm

Based on the clue, the next one may be The Ruins of Beverast.
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:04 pm

stevep52 wrote:Based on the clue, the next one may be The Ruins of Beverast.
“Two” months until the next band is announced,that fits the clue better.
My wishlist 2018 -All the bands in 70k rotation that I don't care about.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
User

Azazel101

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am

Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

by Azazel101 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Andy wrote:Sailors!

In exactly 3 months you will be onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2018!

With 60 international Heavy Metal bands, 4 stages including The World’s Biggest Open Air Stage Structure to Sail the Seas, and 3000 metalheads from around the globe enjoying 22 Bars, over 10 dining venues, and 6 whirlpools – two of which overlook the ocean – this truly is a festival experience like no other!

Only 3 months to 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, Round 8 of The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Vacation time was approved today :deathmetal:
All I have to do now is my set sail pass and get their :shred:
well, a few more things but the important stuff is done :heavydrink:
ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-Combichrist-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-Amorphis-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-AmonAmarth-/-AcidBath-/-Benidiction-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-DementedTed-/--Entrails-/-Exhumed-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-Necrophobic-/-NuclearAssault-/-OctoberTide-/-NapalmDeath-/-Sepulturia(20yearsRootsw/MaxandIgore)-/-Tiamat-/-VoiVod-/-Wilt-/-Nailbomb-/-FudgeTunnel-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-Godflesh
ok for a start
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:30 pm

The clue was pointing to ‘T”hree months ,not a band beginning with “T”.Next band announced after Christmas and probably next year,basic pattern that Andy follows once he gets to 40 out of 60 bands.
My wishlist 2018 -All the bands in 70k rotation that I don't care about.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:57 pm

Awesome announcement, and my prospects for sleep or attending the dining room are getting close to zero...
Check out this logo, that’s killing technology right there! ;)
It will be the 30th anniversary of Dimension Hatross, it would be awesome if they played it in its entirety for one set - I must have listened to this album 100 times over the years, and they just re-released it.

I’m hoping for Tankard next.
User

MikeB

Rank

Petty Officer

Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:07 am

Montreal (Canada)

by MikeB » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Pellaz wrote:Twilight Force just changed vocalists but could be a possibility.

Yes it is ! The temporary live vocalist if Tommy Johansson, the guitarist from Sabaton which are on broad. They also have a song called "Gates of glory".
They need to be booked again since they played the Pyramid Lounge twice in 2016, and also because they are one of my favorite band...
2015: Cabin 9527
2016: Cabin 9219
2017: Cabin 9675
2018: Cabin 8215
User

acidbasement

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Erickson, Manitoba

by acidbasement » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:59 pm

T.
Gate.
Threshold.
Korpiklaani-/-In.Extremo-/-Alestorm-/-Aeternam-/-Battle.Beast-/-Threshold-/-Moonspell-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Civil.War-/-Wederganger-/-Scarab-/-Kontrust-/-Gloryhammer-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Heathen.Foray-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars-/-Metsatöll-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-Vogelfrey
User

Azazel101

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am

Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

by Azazel101 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:26 pm

If I could pick one "T" band Tiamat would be it!!!
We have a lot of Heavy Brutal all ready and they nailed both sets the 1st time they played!
ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-Combichrist-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-Amorphis-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-AmonAmarth-/-AcidBath-/-Benidiction-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-DementedTed-/--Entrails-/-Exhumed-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-Necrophobic-/-NuclearAssault-/-OctoberTide-/-NapalmDeath-/-Sepulturia(20yearsRootsw/MaxandIgore)-/-Tiamat-/-VoiVod-/-Wilt-/-Nailbomb-/-FudgeTunnel-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-Godflesh
ok for a start
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Ensign

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:29 am

acidbasement wrote:T.
Gate.
Threshold.

I'd go fucking mad if it was Threshold, but I'm quite sure that's not gonna happen.
Wishlist:
Accept--Aeternam--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Battle.Beast--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--DREAM.EVIL--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Epica--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Freedom.Call--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonspell--Ne.Obliviscaris--Need--Nightwish--Onslaught--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Pyramaze--Sabaton--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017: Survivor | 2018: BOOKED
User

Razor Ramon

Rank

Midshipman

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Philadelphia, PA

by Razor Ramon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:22 am

VOIVOD
70000 Tons 2018 ROOM 8355
Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Borknagar-/-Liv-Kristine-/-October-Tide-/-Within-Temptation-/-In-Mourning-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Bloodbath-/-Paradise-Lost-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole-/-Wolfheart-/-Virgin-Black-/-Antimatter-/-Nightwish-/-Arkan--/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Tristania-/-Autumnal-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/--/-Thurisaz-/-Swallow-The-Sun-/-Benighted-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Beseech-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Naglfar-/--Ulver-/-Ahab-/-To-Cast-A-Shadow-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Bilocate-/-Evocation-/-Wine-From-Tears-/-Hanging-Garden-/-In-Vain-/-In-Slumber-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Feridea-/-Ne-Obliviscaris-/-Green-Carnation-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Coldworld-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Silent-Stream-Of-Godless-Elegy-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-Centinex-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Arcturus-/-Darkwell-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress
My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
User

acidbasement

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Erickson, Manitoba

by acidbasement » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:01 am

bodomdragon wrote:
Gate.
Threshold.

I'd go fucking mad if it was Threshold, but I'm quite sure that's not gonna happen.

They've been on before, and they recently released an album. I wouldn't be too surprised, and I'd be super fucking happy if they were announced.
User

TPH

Rank

Petty Officer

Dublin, Ireland

by TPH » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:06 am

*wanted by bodomdragon*
*looking at acidbasement's wishlist*

Wacken 2003
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:47 pm

MikeB wrote:
Pellaz wrote:Twilight Force just changed vocalists but could be a possibility.

Yes it is ! The temporary live vocalist if Tommy Johansson, the guitarist from Sabaton which are on broad. They also have a song called "Gates of glory".
They need to be booked again since they played the Pyramid Lounge twice in 2016, and also because they are one of my favorite band...

The more I think about it, the more likely they become.

Gate.
Threshold.

Now, this is also well-spotted. Not as likely, I think, as TF but it would be nifty. Just let them be a bit more sober than they were when they headlined ProgPower Europe I. :lol:
2018 Wishlist:
Abbath--Aeternam--Amon.Amarth--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano
--Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child--Opeth--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Devin.Townsend.Project--Turisas--Tyr--Vintersorg--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Booked (1568)
no avatar
User

Andy

Rank

THE SKIPPER

THE BRIDGE

We Will Take You To The Limit

by Andy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:30 pm

We are going to take you to the THRESHOLD of wakefulness... with 5 days and 4 nights of non stop Heavy Metal action alongside 2,999 other headbangers from over 70 nations across the Globe, you will have trouble finding time to catch some z's!

"A"re you sure you want to miss Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise, where the party lasts until dawn every night?

User

jdch28

Rank

Oiler

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 am

Costa Rica

Re: We Will Take You To The Limit

by jdch28 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:48 pm

Awesome!
2017 Survivor (9361)
2018 Booked (2618)
User

acidbasement

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Erickson, Manitoba

by acidbasement » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:03 pm

Fucking sweet!
:bangers:
User

DragonLordJones

Rank

Lieutenant

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Mayville, Wisconsin

by DragonLordJones » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Please be Armored Saint - this is the only wish list band I want most.

come on Andy - can u deliver :givebeer: :cheers: :beerhorns:
70000tons of Metal 2011 Deck5 5563 2012 Deck5 5063BARGE TO HELL Deck5 5563 2013 DECK6 60572014 ... deck4 4557 2015 Deck 7 7225 2016 deck? cabin?2017 deck6 room?2018 deck6 6693
User

epartos

Rank

Petty Officer

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:49 am

Sweden

by epartos » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:12 pm

Limit. Dawn. Band on A. Has to be Accept.

Damn... they are booked over the cruise...
Last edited by epartos on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
PreviousNext