Discuss anything related to 70000TONS OF METAL
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

Re: This Vacation Will be a Caribbean Hyperblast!

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:12 am

Godflesh wrote:I'm heading off soon myself.
Hey Pellaz, can you turn the forum lights off before you leave?

No, but I'll replace them with efficient LED bulbs. :lol:

Starting the drive tomorrow....REALLY hoping Andy posts the running order sooOOOoooOOOoooOOoon so I can print it off here at the dacha.
2019 Wishlist:
Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
--Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Survivor
User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:51 am

Have fun onbroad everyone! This being my first year not going, I do miss seeing everyone and all the fun before the cruise. That said, for some reason I am not really bummed about missing the literal boat. The lineup isn't good, but we've had way worse ones in the past, so that's not it.

At least I got to see one of my favourite bands live last week in Malmö and spend my birthday weekend in Copenhagen with some of my favourite people (cruise friends too!). And I just bought flights to Spain for late February / early March to go see my mum. Sucks to see all the posts from the preparties and my own "on this day" memories, but, yes, can't really complain too much.
Wishlist:
SABATON / ARKONA / STUCK MOJO / HEIDEVOLK / KILPI / SLAYER
FOLK METAL / THRASH METAL
no avatar
User

gnoff_the_creep

Rank

Lieutenant

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Sweden

by gnoff_the_creep » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:02 am

Memnoch wrote:Have fun onbroad everyone! This being my first year not going, I do miss seeing everyone and all the fun before the cruise. That said, for some reason I am not really bummed about missing the literal boat. The lineup isn't good, but we've had way worse ones in the past, so that's not it.

At least I got to see one of my favourite bands live last week in Malmö and spend my birthday weekend in Copenhagen with some of my favourite people (cruise friends too!). And I just bought flights to Spain for late February / early March to go see my mum. Sucks to see all the posts from the preparties and my own "on this day" memories, but, yes, can't really complain too much.

Slaving away at work and sometimes reading the FB status updates with party ppl in Miami.
At least it isn't raining today in Göteborg :beerwink:

Have fun everyone!
PINK

http://twitter.com/rockgnoff/

http://rockgnoff.blogspot.se/
User

Speedy

Rank

Ensign

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:51 am

Trondheim, Norway

by Speedy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:25 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
Memnoch wrote:Have fun onbroad everyone! This being my first year not going, I do miss seeing everyone and all the fun before the cruise. That said, for some reason I am not really bummed about missing the literal boat. The lineup isn't good, but we've had way worse ones in the past, so that's not it.

Slaving away at work and sometimes reading the FB status updates with party ppl in Miami.

Have fun everyone!

Happy to see that you are coping well with not going. :cheers: Being home when I should have been in Florida sucks, and I can't recall being this bummed about anything before :cry: :cry: :cry:
70k 2013 cabin 4008
70k 2014 cabin 2565
70k 2015 cabin 8687
70k 2016 cabin 7607
70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
70k 2019 cabin ????
(Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Accept-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Crimfall-/-Cripper-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Lingua.Mortis.Orchestra-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Running.Wild-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
no avatar
User

sara

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Boston

by sara » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:06 am

Speedy wrote:
gnoff_the_creep wrote:

Have fun everyone!

Happy to see that you are coping well with not going. :cheers: Being home when I should have been in Florida sucks, and I can't recall being this bummed about anything before :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm super bummed for you, too. The beer tasting in 2016 will always be one of my favorite boat gatherings. Miss you and Ville, plus the others not coming this year. It's bound to happen, though. It's also good to do different things sometimes, huh?
Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:31 am

Aww, man. The Wookie WILL be missed.
2019 Wishlist:
Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
--Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
no avatar
User

Andy

Rank

THE SKIPPER

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:04 pm

THE BRIDGE

One More For Good Measure

by Andy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:54 pm

You thought we were done? Of course not! Here's one more for good measure!

The EXODUS of metalheads from across the globe to South Florida is well on its way! Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise is about to begin. Can you feel the excitement?

We've got 61 bands onbroad for your ultimate Heavy Metal Vacation where you will spend 5 days and 4 nights forgetting about the mundane real world. 70000TONS OF METAL is where your headbanger dreams come true! See all of you Sailors on February 1st, 2018 for embarkation!

User

jdch28

Rank

Crewman

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 am

Costa Rica

Re: One More For Good Measure

by jdch28 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Fuck yeah! Awesome surprise! :death:
2017 Survivor (9361)
2018 Survivor (2618)
no avatar
User

Bolt_Thrower

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:26 am

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:13 pm

I was hoping for Slayer but will definitely take EXODUS!!!
Last edited by Bolt_Thrower on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Gratch

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 am

Salt Lake City, Utah

by Gratch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Meh.

Can we have the schedule now?
2016 Survivor
2017 Survivor
2018 Survivor

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Finntroll - Gloryhammer - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - Nechochwen - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Troldhaugen - Vainaja - Wilderun - Witherscape
User

acidbasement

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Erickson, Manitoba

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Called it.
Powerwolf-/-Moonspell-/-Therion-/-Finntroll-/-Eisbrecher-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Subway.To.Sally-/-Teräsbetoni-/-Fejd-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Civil.War-/-Wederganger-/-Scarab-/-Kontrust-/-Gloryhammer-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Heathen.Foray-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-Vogelfrey
no avatar
User

Bolt_Thrower

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:26 am

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:21 pm

Here's your schedule:

8:00PM Thurssday through 8:00AM Monday: EXODUS on all 4 stages.
User

Warphine

Rank

Ensign

Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Orlando, FL

by Warphine » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:37 pm

Well that's cool. I'm ready to fucking party. Just a few more hours of work, one more night of rest and then I'll be Fort Laudy bound baby!
Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
no avatar
User

sara

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Boston

by sara » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:39 pm

So happy for Exodus. I just heard people get extra loud during my nap, so I knew I had to check. Fuck yeah.
Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:34 pm

That's a weird way to spell Borknagar
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:56 pm

Just left work and I'm officially on vacation. Flight tomorrow morning after the eclipse. :beerhorns:
I should get around to updating my signature
User

TPH

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 am

Dublin, Ireland

by TPH » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:06 pm

Exodus

That's a 4.5 for me, a fucking perfect way to close off the announcements!
Now bring the schedule, damn it!
Wacken 2003
Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
70K 2018 - cabin 8215
no avatar
User

Andy

Rank

THE SKIPPER

THE BRIDGE

2018 Running Order

by Andy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:18 pm

The Running Order for 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise is now online.

To see the running order, please Click Here.

User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

Re: 2018 Running Order

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:20 pm

Woohoo! I have plenty of time to figure out my schedule that will become obsolete on day 1 once the overruns happen. :lol: Seriously, though, glad it's out with plenty of time to look it over.
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 pm

Hooray! Now to find a printer while we're traveling!

And yes, that's the oddest spelling of "Borknagar" I'VE ever seen.... :lol:
2019 Wishlist:
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:24 pm

Aeternam 5:15-6:00 on day 3? Fuuuuuuuuck.
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:45 pm

mooyagi wrote:Aeternam 5:15-6:00 on day 3? Fuuuuuuuuck.

Interestingly, Insomnium after 2 am the same morning.
2019 Wishlist:
User

jdch28

Rank

Crewman

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 am

Costa Rica

by jdch28 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:19 pm

Sleeping? What's that? :party:
2017 Survivor (9361)
2018 Survivor (2618)
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:42 am

That final Alestorm set will be one for the ages I'll wager !
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:51 am

cowboy71 wrote:That final Alestorm set will be one for the ages I'll wager !

Seriously!!!
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

TPH

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 am

Dublin, Ireland

by TPH » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:17 am

I was wondering how they could top Death Angel last year...next year, I'll wonder how the closing band could be worse than Alestorm :lol:

Had a look at the running order, there are some really, really cruel overlapping...choices will have to be made. Hard ones.
Fuck.
Wacken 2003
Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
70K 2018 - cabin 8215
User

Gratch

Rank

Petty Officer

Salt Lake City, Utah

by Gratch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:50 am

Only one big overlap that sucks for me. Enslaved, Septicflesh, Swallow the Sun, and Witherfall on day 4.

And Aeternam at 5am suuuuucks. But it’s a good reason to finally stay awake for one of those early sets.
2016 Survivor
2017 Survivor
2018 Survivor

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Finntroll - Gloryhammer - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - Nechochwen - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Troldhaugen - Vainaja - Wilderun - Witherscape
no avatar
User

Mark

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed May 13, 2015 3:39 am

Karlsruhe/Germany

by Mark » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:56 am

Mh, several of my 2-setters at times I'll most likely not be able to make. Missing out on a Battle Beast and an Evertale set at least :|

Everything else looks pretty good though. Glad they gave Sabaton 75 minutes this time. Alestorm as finisher will be a blast. Now I only need to manage to somehow stay awake during Kreator :beerwink:
Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:47 am

I get to go to bed at midnight! :P
Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-Katatonia-†-IN.VAIN-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:21 am

Phoenix wrote:

I get to go to bed at midnight! :P

Me too TBH :) I don't care enough about Alestorm to stay up till then :P
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Ensign

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:14 am

The Grand Turk Post schedule has the ship in port until 18:00 http://m.grandturkcc.com/Port-Schedule.aspx but bands start on Saturday at 17:00 ;Wonder if both can happen at the same time?
My wishlist 2018 -All the bands in 70k rotation that I don't care about.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
no avatar
User

Andy

Rank

THE SKIPPER

THE BRIDGE

Jamming With Waters in 2018 – Setlist Revealed!

by Andy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:38 am

Hosted by Jeff Waters of ANNIHILATOR, the official 70000TONS OF METAL All Star Jam will once again write Heavy Metal History onbroad The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise when a spectacular line up of musicians from your favourite bands on board team up to perform classic Metal Anthems for you!

Click Here to see the full 2018 All Star Jam Setlist!

User

Cardest

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:28 am

Yucca Valley, California

Re: Jamming With Waters in 2018 – Setlist Revealed!

by Cardest » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:58 am

I saw someone mentioned Sigh (Japan) above ^ ....

2019 - it has to be done!

Off topic, I know...oops!
I blame it on Ville!
The lack of postcards this week has me acting crazy!

:cheers:
Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer
User

Gratch

Rank

Petty Officer

Salt Lake City, Utah

by Gratch » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:27 am

That would be me. Sorely disappointed they haven’t been on yet.

If you see a dude wearing a shirt with that exact logo today, come say hi. :)
2016 Survivor
2017 Survivor
2018 Survivor

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:14 am

deathmetalpat wrote:The Grand Turk Post schedule has the ship in port until 18:00 http://m.grandturkcc.com/Port-Schedule.aspx but bands start on Saturday at 17:00 ;Wonder if both can happen at the same time?

The 70K schedule says to be back onbroad by 4:30, ship departs at 5 pm. :shock:
2019 Wishlist:
no avatar
User

gnoff_the_creep

Rank

Lieutenant

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Sweden

by gnoff_the_creep » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:13 am

Some -14C this morning, take that you sun lovers!
PINK

http://twitter.com/rockgnoff/

http://rockgnoff.blogspot.se/
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Ensign

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:27 am

Going back to Labadee so quickly might have to do with 2 things.
1)Royal Caribbean gets all the revenue and it is their port so no fee
2)It is the one of the most protected ports from Hurricanes,so no worries about it being destroyed and any damages would be quickly fixed due to Royal Caribbean being in control.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:21 am

Except the port was pretty crappy, in my opinion. My excursion was fun, but the swimming was subpar, beach was meh and they ran out of liquor by the time I was off my excursion.

I wouldn't mind if we went somewhere closer, so the boat didn't have to go quite so fast all the time. I was getting sick Night 3.
Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-Katatonia-†-IN.VAIN-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Ensign

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:02 pm

Phoenix wrote:Except the port was pretty crappy, in my opinion. My excursion was fun, but the swimming was subpar, beach was meh and they ran out of liquor by the time I was off my excursion.

I wouldn't mind if we went somewhere closer, so the boat didn't have to go quite so fast all the time. I was getting sick Night 3.
I am a bit surprised it is returning so quickly.Wild speculation here but it might be the last time they could go there.2020 will be 10 year anniversary and I think the cruise to due for a major upgrade.Either leaving from a different port or more likely going to 6 days/5nights with 2 ports of call.Every year one would be CocoCay with maybe even music at that port and another port with even tender locations used.You probably would not get a 2 port stop with both private islands.IMO with the cruisers getting older many would like the extra night.Also leave on a Saturday or Sunday and returning on a Friday or Saturday.10 year will be big deal and this year they might have wanted simplicity.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
no avatar
User

Andy

Rank

THE SKIPPER

THE BRIDGE

Thank You To All Survivors From 75 Nations!

by Andy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Survivors!

Let me take this opportunity to thank all of you for making 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise once again such a success!

Last year we had 74 Nations from around the Globe onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, and once again I truly thought there is no way we could beat that. But again you proved me wrong! This year you brought that count to 75 Countries! All you Survivors from ANDORRA, ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELARUS, BELGIUM, BOLIVIA, BRAZIL, BULGARIA, CANADA, CHILE, CHINA, COLOMBIA, COSTA RICA, CROATIA, CUBA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, ECUADOR, EGYPT, EL SALVADOR, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, GUATEMALA, HONDURAS, HONG KONG, HUNGARY, INDIA, IRAN, IRELAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, JAPAN, LEBANON, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MALTA, MEXICO, THE NETHERLANDS, NEW CALEDONIA, NEW ZEALAND, NICARAGUA, NORWAY, PAKISTAN, PALAU, PANAMA, PERU, POLAND, PORTUGAL, PUERTO RICO, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, SINGAPORE, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SPAIN, SRI LANKA, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, SYRIA, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, TURKEY, UKRAINE, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, UNITED KINGDOM, URUGUAY, USA, VENEZUELA, VIETNAM made 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 once again truly feel like the United Nations Of Heavy Metal At Sea!

A special Thank You to all the members of my incredible crew – you are truly the greatest in the world! Last but not least, Thank You to all the Artists and their Crew for 124 fantastic live performances including Jamming With Waters In International Waters, the Clinics, holding all the Meet & Greet and Signing Sessions and participating in all the other Special Events.

Survivors! I am looking forward to welcoming you back onbroad for Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise sailing from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale to Labadee and back, January 31 - February 4, 2019.

Thank you and Cheers!

Your Skipper

PreviousNext