Discuss anything related to 70000TONS OF METAL
no avatar
User

Tigerclaw_x

Rank

Oiler

Mon May 18, 2015 11:31 am

Great local band from Wisconsin that DESERVES a spot.

by Tigerclaw_x » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:29 pm

Hello. I was on the last 70k cruise and there was several smaller bands on it, which is superb. There is a band, which I found totally by accident. They are from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They are called "Conniption". They have 4 albums out. Which is plenty for 2 sets. Unlike a certain band that was on the ship last year which had only 1 album out. They are virtuosos in both, performance and song writing. Their life shows sound just as good as their recordings. I was on 2 of their shows. Each time they played 3+ hours set. Incredibly hard working guys. And great music too. Think GammaRay meets Megadeth. I am NOT affiliated with them in any way shape or form. I don't even know the guys personally. However, I think they are superb band, and they RICHLY deserve to be on the ship. They opened for quite a few BIG bands. Including Testament, Metal Church and Diamond Head. If we do not support local bands, there will be no new great bands. Please, support the Conniption and give them a chance to play on your ship. Here is one of their songs. Please, consider them for the 2018 tour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbulspEMwLk