User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

Re: How fast will 2018 sell out?

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:10 pm

This was bound to happen with the much better ship.Every cruiser at Gold and Silver got a code so a 1 quad from last year could result in 4 cabins being bought add the girlfriend:boyfriend/ wife:husband/ kids factor and boom sells out.This is now a vacation-fraternity-music event.
My wishlist 2018 -All the bands in 70k rotation that I don't care about.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 pm

From exactly a year ago:

cowboy71 wrote:Interior L now gone - Promenade the only interior type left available.

Type / Double / Triple / Quad / Quin/ SEX / Sept / Oct /
Interior N / 73 /
Interior M / 128 /
Interior L / 141 /
Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
Promenade PR / 166 /
Family Interior FI / / / / / / 2 /
Promenade Family FP / / / / / /4 /
--------------------------------------------------------
Ocean View I / 66 / / /
Ocean View H / 42 / / /
Ocean View G / / / 100 /
Large Ocean View F / 14 / 2 / /
Family Ocean View FO / / / / / 10 /
Deluxe Balcony E3 / 185 /
Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
Deluxe Balcony E1 / / 83 / 8 /
Superior Balcony D3 / 191 /
Superior Balcony D2 / 102 /
Superior Balcony D1 / ? / ? / 89 /
Junior Suite JS / 56 / ? / 22 /
Grand Suite GS / / / 22 /
Royal Family Suite FS / / / / / / / 4 /
Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Total Cabins: 1751
Number of Cabins in Sold Out Categories: 886

Actual official cabin count from 70K press sheet:
Total number of cabins = 1817
Ocean View: 1084 (842 with balconies) / Interior: 733 (172 with promenade view)
out of those there are 855 with third/fourth berths and 32 are wheelchair accessible

This was about 5 days after silver opened up, there were 13 categories (I think? it's hard to read in the preview) available.

I was going to come and make a post about this happening last year but, yeah, it's actually selling a lot faster this time.
Aeternam-†-Amon.Amarth-†-Black.Crown.Initiate-†-ChthoniC-†-Gorod-†-In.Extremo-†-Insomnium-†-In.Vain-†-Korpiklaani-†-Melechesh-†-Mercenary-†-Metsatöll-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Sabaton-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Soilwork-†-Solstafir-†-Tengger.Calvary-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Ocean View H Gone.

Grand Suite GS Gone.

Interior N / 73 /
Interior M / 128 /
Interior L / 141 /
Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
Promenade PR / 168 /

Ocean View I / 66 / / /
Ocean View H / 42 / / /
Ocean View G / ? / ? / 100 /
Large Ocean View F / 14 / 2 / ? /
Family Ocean View FO / / / ? / ? / 10 /
Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
Deluxe Balcony E1 / ? / 83 / 8 /
Grand Suite GS / ? / ? / 22 /
Royal Family Suite FS / / / ? / ? / ? / ? / 4 /
Owner Suite OS / ? / ? / 8 /

Total Cabins: 1753
Number of Cabins in Sold Out Categories: 1236
***** - marked as sold out previously, so only a few available at most

out of those there are 855 with third/fourth berths and 32 are wheelchair accessible
Upcoming Gigs:
Oct Alice-Cooper
Would literally take all of these to get me back in 2018
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Evertale-/-Fogalord-/-Gotthard-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Rhapsody-Reunion-/-Running-Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

Evican

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm

A Happy Little Vegemite in Poutine Land

by Evican » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:43 am

Do we know which year sold out the quickest? And if this year is going to break that record?
70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018
Cripper-Ne Obliviscaris-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Aborted-Behemoth-Amon Amarth-Insomnium-Havok-BENIGHTED-Meshuggah-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Fallujah-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Decapitated
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Ensign

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

by bodomdragon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:54 am

Evican wrote:Do we know which year sold out the quickest? And if this year is going to break that record?

Every year the "sold out" message was sent just a few hours/days before the departure date. Many people think that it was not an actual sell-out, but rather that at that point they could not sell any more tickets, but only UMC knows.

So, basically, we have never seen a real-or-not sold-out more than two-three days before departure. At the current pace it seems safe to say that this year it might happen for the first time.
Wishlist:
Accept--Aeternam--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Battle.Beast--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--DREAM.EVIL--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Epica--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Freedom.Call--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonspell--Ne.Obliviscaris--Need--Nightwish--Onslaught--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Pyramaze--Sabaton--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017: Survivor | 2018: BOOKED
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Evican wrote:Do we know which year sold out the quickest? And if this year is going to break that record?

It depends on the definition of "selling out " is ,they close sales with 3 days to go about.That has been labeled a sell-out but due to regulations and 70k being busy,you really could not buy a ticket ( chartered cruise,manifest issues and last minute booking PITA for 70k).2012 had the best sales of expensive cabins (Nightwish parents ) but until this year those where always available to public.Hard to tell how many cabins are left because the Promenade level at 168 units is a way overpriced option.Never meet anyone who booked that cabin,same size interior (standard interior) with light.I think there was one true sellout but in January with late January sail date.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

Evican

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:18 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:

It depends on the definition of "selling out " is ,they close sales with 3 days to go about.That has been labeled a sell-out but due to regulations and 70k being busy,you really could not buy a ticket ( chartered cruise,manifest issues and last minute booking PITA for 70k).2012 had the best sales of expensive cabins (Nightwish parents ) but until this year those where always available to public.Hard to tell how many cabins are left because the Promenade level at 168 units is a way overpriced option.Never meet anyone who booked that cabin,same size interior (standard interior) with light.I think there was one true sellout but in January with late January sail date.

Yes! I remember seeing more (or just children in general) on 2012 and they can almost certainly be attributed to Nightwish.

True, I remember seeing "SOLD OUT" for the cruises but totally forgot when exactly those images surfaced. Always days before sailing date, you are correct.
Cripper-Ne Obliviscaris-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Aborted-Behemoth-Amon Amarth-Insomnium-Havok-BENIGHTED-Meshuggah-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Fallujah-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Decapitated
User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

by Downvod » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:47 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:

Hard to tell how many cabins are left because the Promenade level at 168 units is a way overpriced option.Never meet anyone who booked that cabin,same size interior (standard interior) with light.I think there was one true sellout but in January with late January sail date.

I booked a Promenade room my first year just to get on the boat. It was pretty much the only option in December, lol.
70k 2016: Cabin 7279
70k 2017: Cabin 6361
70k 2018: Cabin 1704

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Black.Fast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Dark.Angel-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend.Project-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Exmortus-/-Exodus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Fragments.of.Unbecoming-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Kataklysm-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Korpiklaani-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Mastodon-/-Machine.Head-/-Meshuggah-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nevermore.(reunion)-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Seducer's.Embrace-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart
User

Pellaz

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:42 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Promenade Cabin - Double/Twin will be last category,a very over-priced interior cabin,70k is stuck with Royal Caribbean price structure.

At least the metalheads who have to settle for a Promenade PR Interior on 70K will have LESS noise to deal with than on a regular Royal cruise. :shock: Royal Caribbean does some sort of dance parade crap down the Promenade late at night that's REALLY loud.
Ever wonder what that lighting and production stuff is along the Promenade? Yeah, that'd be annoying at midnight. :lol:

(Then again, no-one ever sleeps anyway during 70k, so.....)
2018 Wishlist:
Abbath--Aeternam--Amon.Amarth--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano
--Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child--Opeth--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Devin.Townsend.Project--Turisas--Tyr--Vintersorg--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Booked (1568)
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Pellaz wrote:
deathmetalpat wrote:Promenade Cabin - Double/Twin will be last category,a very over-priced interior cabin,70k is stuck with Royal Caribbean price structure.

At least the metalheads who have to settle for a Promenade PR Interior on 70K will have LESS noise to deal with than on a regular Royal cruise. :shock: Royal Caribbean does some sort of dance parade crap down the Promenade late at night that's REALLY loud.
Ever wonder what that lighting and production stuff is along the Promenade? Yeah, that'd be annoying at midnight. :lol:

I looked though some YouTube videos and yeah that would be a negative.
So since the Promenade level is going to make up a vast majority of public sales ,some positives.
1)Good central location and as a new person on the ship finding your cabin will be easy
2)Near the center of motion on the ship,bad weather will effect you the least if.
3)Light ,had interior room once and super dark with no lights.At least there is a window
4) Band spotting,might be able to spot some people from your room ,if you like to chase down selfies.
5)Quiet on this cruise,not near any venue noise.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:29 am

Not only good for spotting bands, good for spotting friends too :)

Promenade rooms are fantastic.
Upcoming Gigs:
Oct Alice-Cooper
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Evertale-/-Fogalord-/-Gotthard-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Rhapsody-Reunion-/-Running-Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
no avatar
User

sara

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Boston

by sara » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:51 am

Is it just me, or are there really few categories left? Men's single tickets look almost gone, especially. Or do they open up more tickets once they get to public sales?

This is really beyond my expectations. I've never seen so many rooms booked up this early before. Good thing I have my gold!
Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
no avatar
User

Mark

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed May 13, 2015 3:39 am

Karlsruhe/Germany

by Mark » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:43 am

If Andy didn't hold back some cabins in each category (and I don't think he did) we are closer to being sold out than we where 3 weeks before the cruise last time around.
I guess that's why the announcements stopped so soon.
I don't think it's a problem if you have to pay a premium to get on the boat for your first time, but if you can't get on the boat if you haven't been before...that's probably problematic.
Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:01 am

Mark wrote:If Andy didn't hold back some cabins in each category (and I don't think he did) we are closer to being sold out than we where 3 weeks before the cruise last time around.
I guess that's why the announcements stopped so soon.
I don't think it's a problem if you have to pay a premium to get on the boat for your first time, but if you can't get on the boat if you haven't been before...that's probably problematic.

not for the business... it's a sign they could grow again, but making all the money sooner is definitely not a problem for the business
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Goatwhore-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Witchery-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-OctoberTide-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-TheAbsence-Desultory-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Alestorm-DarkTranquillity-InExtremo-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Meshuggah-Gyze-Benediction-BeyondCreation-Voivod

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
User

Pellaz

Rank

Midshipman

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:19 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
Pellaz wrote:

So since the Promenade level is going to make up a vast majority of public sales ,some positives.
1)Good central location and as a new person on the ship finding your cabin will be easy
2)Near the center of motion on the ship,bad weather will effect you the least if.
3)Light ,had interior room once and super dark with no lights.At least there is a window
4) Band spotting,might be able to spot some people from your room ,if you like to chase down selfies.

6) Someone -- maybe a 70K newbie -- will get Promenade Interior room #6305....the legendary Ben & Jerry's "Sweet." Aka, the "Cow Butt Cabin." :lol:
2018 Wishlist:
Abbath--Aeternam--Amon.Amarth--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano
--Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child--Opeth--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Devin.Townsend.Project--Turisas--Tyr--Vintersorg--Yyrkoon--1349
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Pellaz wrote:
deathmetalpat wrote:
Pellaz wrote:

6) Someone -- maybe a 70K newbie -- will get Promenade Interior room #6305....the legendary Ben & Jerry's "Sweet." Aka, the "Cow Butt Cabin." :lol:

FREE ICE CREAM FROM BEN AND JERRYS! (Has anyone got this cabin ever?)
https://youtu.be/lJg4gOptzhQ
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:14 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
Pellaz wrote:6) Someone -- maybe a 70K newbie -- will get Promenade Interior room #6305....the legendary Ben & Jerry's "Sweet." Aka, the "Cow Butt Cabin." :lol:

That's a pretty sweet deal!
I should get around to updating my signature
User

Pellaz

Rank

Midshipman

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:04 am

mooyagi wrote:
deathmetalpat wrote:
Pellaz wrote:6) Someone -- maybe a 70K newbie -- will get Promenade Interior room #6305....the legendary Ben & Jerry's "Sweet." Aka, the "Cow Butt Cabin." :lol:

That's a pretty sweet deal!

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Also, I think the deal has changed within the last few years where you get a daily ice-cream "credit," so it's not quite unlimited like it was before. You DO still get access to the cow-ncierge lounge, so it's a pretty "suite" deal as well. :lol:
2018 Wishlist:
User

Pamela

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:45 am

Spokane Washington, USA

by Pamela » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:30 pm

As far as 'selling out' goes, I think it technically has truly sold out, even oversold every year according to the Press stats.

on the Majesty they said there would be 2000 passengers:

2011 -2038 guests/passengers (on all stats musicians and staff are listed separate)
2012 - 2051 guests
2013- 2037 guests
2014 - 2051 guests

on the larger boats with "3000" passengers/guests:

2015 - 3014 guests
2016 -3007 guests
2017 -3022 guests

Gotta love the Boat.
'13 '15 '16
'18 BOOKED! 8258 Eluveitie -Sabaton-Heidevolk-Tyr-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Metsatoll-Voyager-Solstafir-Turisas-Lacuna Coil-Visions of Atlantis-Korpi-DT-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-Twilight Force-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Caligulas Horse-Opeth!
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:42 pm

Pamela wrote:As far as 'selling out' goes, I think it technically has truly sold out, even oversold every year according to the Press stats.

2011 -2038 guests/passengers (on all stats musicians and staff are listed separate)
2012 - 2051 guests
2013- 2037 guests
2014 - 2051 guests

2015 - 3014 guests
2016 -3007 guests
2017 -3022 guests

Gotta love the Boat.

The boat can hold 4370 passengers so about 400 more (guest+musicians) each year, but I'm guessing some cabins are required to hold equipment and beer.
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Pamela wrote:As far as 'selling out' goes, I think it technically has truly sold out, even oversold every year according to the Press stats.

2012 - 2051 guests
2013- 2037 guests
2014 - 2051 guests

2015 - 3014 guests
2016 -3007 guests
2017 -3022 guests

Gotta love the Boat.

Selling out refers to the inability to buy a ticket from UMC,there has always been opportunities to buy tickets up until the very last minute in all but one year.Booking has to close 3 days before hand ,look at BTH http://www.bargetohell.com/ for an example.That boat was only like half full from what people have told me.Now an empty bed buys no beer ( excursions ,food etc.) so take those "guests " as paying and non-paying.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

Hoppy McGee

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:53 am

Ontario, Canada

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:21 am

20 minutes into public sales and all that is left is a couple of the more expensive balcony cabins. Single male tickets look to be completely sold out. Looks like 70k is indeed going to sell out way sooner than usual this year!
70k 2016 Cabin 9399
70k 2017 Cabin 2364
70k 2018 Cabin 9678
-/-Abbath-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Aborted-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anciients-/-Asphyx-/-Autopsy-/-Avatar-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-Be'lakor-/-Benediction-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Cancer-/-Convulse-/-Cormorant-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Fortress-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Dawn.of.Disease-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Decapitated-/Deicide-/Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deströyer.666-/-Desultory-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dismember-/-Drakwald-/-Elder-/-Emperor-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Exhumed-/-Finntroll-/-Firespawn-/-Ghoul-/-Goatwhore-/-Gojira-/-Gorguts-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-HateSphere-/-High.on.Fire-/-Horrendous-/-Huntress-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-In.Flames-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-Killer.Be.Killed-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Legion.of.the.Damned-/-LIK-/-Machine.Head-/-Magic.Circle-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-Memoriam-/-Mgla-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Morbid-Angel-/-Morta.Skuld-/-Naglfar-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Necrophobic-/-Obituary-/-Obesquiae-/-Once.Human-/-Onslaught-/-Paradise.Lost/-Primordial-/-Protector-/-Red.Fang-/-Ripper-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruinous-/-Samael-/-Satan-/-Satyricon-/-Sinister-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletonwitch-/Slayer-/-Soen-/Sulphur-/-Sulphur.Aeon-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Temple.of.Baal-/-This.Ending-/-Thulcandra-/-Trap.Them-/-Tribulation-/-Vader-/-Vampire-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-White.Empress-/-Wintersun-/-Witchery-/-Wolfheart-
User

DragonLordJones

Rank

Lieutenant

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Mayville, Wisconsin

by DragonLordJones » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:23 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:20 minutes into public sales and all that is left is a couple of the more expensive balcony cabins. Single male tickets look to be completely sold out. Looks like 70k is indeed going to sell out way sooner than usual this year!

still a couple single female spots open ... come on ladies - enough slacking here :lol: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
70000tons of Metal 2011 Deck5 5563 2012 Deck5 5063BARGE TO HELL Deck5 5563 2013 DECK6 60572014 ... deck4 4557 2015 Deck 7 7225 2016 deck? cabin?2017 deck6 room?2018 deck6 6693
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:38 am

DragonLordJones wrote:
still a couple single female spots open ... come on ladies - enough slacking here :lol: :beerhorns: :givebeer:

I'm only one person :boobs:
Aeternam-†-Amon.Amarth-†-Black.Crown.Initiate-†-ChthoniC-†-Gorod-†-In.Extremo-†-Insomnium-†-In.Vain-†-Korpiklaani-†-Melechesh-†-Mercenary-†-Metsatöll-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Sabaton-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Soilwork-†-Solstafir-†-Tengger.Calvary-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

Starling

Rank

Wiper

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:46 am

by Starling » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:02 am

Wow. My co-traveler (a 7 time vet, I think? including BTH) has always waited until late in the year to purchase, prior to this year. Usually a single ticket or one purchased from someone on the forum who had an extra berth. I'm so glad I didn't listen to him this year, and we purchased early! Phew. Last year, we were both able to purchase singles in late December with no problem. Crazy that it might really, truly sell out this year! :3drunks:
2017 Survivor
2018 Booked (Cabin 8359)
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:42 am

Only D2 Superior Balcony left now ,see told you they knew cabins would sell out easy.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:06 pm

From what I see, there are two categories of cabins left, and two categories left for you to buy single female tickets.

Not bad.
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Phoenix wrote:From what I see, there are two categories of cabins left, and two categories left for you to buy single female tickets.

Not bad.

Missed Superior Balcony,I think because of passenger restriction it could hold 3 or 4 but UMC can’t sell it as that.Single guys gone and 2 single girls as you said.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:38 pm

D2 and JS only private rooms left.

Interior N / 73 /
Interior M / 128 /
Interior L / 141 /
Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
Promenade PR / 168 /

Ocean View I / 66 / / /
Ocean View H / 42 / / /
Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /

Number of Cabins in Sold Out Categories: 1595

Upcoming Gigs:
Oct Alice-Cooper
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Ensign

by bodomdragon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:10 am

JS gone, only D2 left. We might be just a few hours away from the sold-out.

...However, they don't know how many spots they need to reserve for the remaining 34 bands, so maybe they have more single tickets to sell in the future?
Wishlist:
Accept--Aeternam--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Battle.Beast--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--DREAM.EVIL--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Epica--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Freedom.Call--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonspell--Ne.Obliviscaris--Need--Nightwish--Onslaught--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Pyramaze--Sabaton--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--Wintersun--Witherscape

no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:15 am

bodomdragon wrote:JS gone, only D2 left. We might be just a few hours away from the sold-out.

...However, they don't know how many spots they need to reserve for the remaining 34 bands, so maybe they have more single tickets to sell in the future?

There are always empty cabins on this cruise because it has a very high number of quads and triples compared to other sailings.Muster station rules limit the number of people in one part of the ship.UMC wants a sell-out so next year they can sell-out even quicker,scarcity of cabins pushes people to not wait to book.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:50 pm

ALL. GONE.

Interior N / 73 /
Interior M / 128 /
Interior L / 141 /
Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
Promenade PR / 168 /

Ocean View I / 66 / / /
Ocean View H / 42 / / /
Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /

Number of Cabins in Sold Out Categories: 1753

Upcoming Gigs:
Oct Alice-Cooper
User

Evican

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:02 pm

cowboy71 wrote:ALL. GONE.

Holy shitballs! :shock:

This is the moment that Andy has been waiting for.
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:34 pm

... wow.
no avatar
User

Gratch

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 am

Salt Lake City, Utah

by Gratch » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:08 pm

I was *this* close to waiting to book until closer to cruise time because I didn't know what was going to happen with my dad's cancer diagnosis.

Now I'm really damn glad I decided not to wait.
2016 Survivor
2017 Survivor
2018 Booked

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Finntroll - Gloryhammer - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - Nechochwen - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Troldhaugen - Vainaja - Wilderun - Witherscape
User

Pamela

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:45 am

Spokane Washington, USA

by Pamela » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:28 pm

cowboy71 wrote:ALL. GONE.

You forgot the *Mic drop*

:bangers:

Holy crap, our little cruise is all grown up and now everyone knows how COMPLETELY BADASS it is and wants in.
:3drunks:

So. Proud. :cry:
'13 '15 '16
'18 BOOKED! 8258 Eluveitie -Sabaton-Heidevolk-Tyr-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Metsatoll-Voyager-Solstafir-Turisas-Lacuna Coil-Visions of Atlantis-Korpi-DT-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-Twilight Force-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Caligulas Horse-Opeth!
User

Ti7aNiC

Rank

Oiler

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Pickering, ON, Canada

by Ti7aNiC » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:39 pm

So, what are your current speculations on how 70K is going to move forward, now that things sell out after just 1 day of being open to the public?

What's going to happen when 90%+ of bookings are survivors? Do Andy & company care as long as they make money? Will ticket prices just increase more drastically? Will they change the Gold & Silver requirements? Will they add a Platinum level? Will we move to the Anthem of the Seas (the name is quite fitting)? Will they start doing a Burning Man-like raffle for public sales?

:shots:

Most importantly, what does Corey Taylor think? :lol:
Survivor:
70K 2016 & 70K 2017; looking for gold in 2018!

2018 Wishlist:
AmonAmarth-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-DevinTownsend-/-GoatWhore-/-Gojira-/-Insomnium-/-JudasPriest-/-Kataklysm-/-Khôrada-/-Mgla-/-NeObliviscaris-/-Opeth-/-Persefone-/-Pillorian-/-ProtestTheHero-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Satyricon-/-Stratovarius-/-Týr-/-Thrawsunblat-/-Vesperia-/-Wolfheart

C A P E   B R E T O N
C A N A D A

You'll find me in the moshtub.
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:21 pm

Next they should add a better reselling your cabin procedure though the booking process .This would ensure that people who are unable to go an easy way to sell their cabin,stop any fraud sales of cabins and price gouging by people buying a cabin then reselling it.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
no avatar
User

Fulorian

Rank

Wiper

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:32 pm

by Fulorian » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:46 pm

Ti7aNiC wrote:So, what are your current speculations on how 70K is going to move forward, now that things sell out after just 1 day of being open to the public?

What's going to happen when 90%+ of bookings are survivors? Do Andy & company care as long as they make money? Will ticket prices just increase more drastically? Will they change the Gold & Silver requirements? Will they add a Platinum level? Will we move to the Anthem of the Seas (the name is quite fitting)? Will they start doing a Burning Man-like raffle for public sales?

My thinking is this:

Upgrade the cruise to a 225k ton vessel/Oasis of the Seas class
Up the ticket sales for 4,000 guests
Freeze the band list at 60 bands
Find a way to move 4 venues up to 5
Add 15 minutes to the set times for every set (45 minute sets to 60, 75 minute sets to 90)
Cut the sets off at 4 AM instead of 6 AM, so that nobody has to stay up until their brain wants to cry to see their favorite band
(All of the above should be possible with an increased number of venues - ~15% increased turnover time with the increased stages when factoring in 45-60 minute stage turnover post-set, which allows for a slightly earlier end time with longer sets and earlier end times)

This wouldn't dramatically increase expense for Andy (other than the fixed cost of the more expensive vessel, which probably could be easily offset by the higher guest count/alcohol & merch sales) and wouldn't increase the cost of bands significantly with the same number of bands, but would increase the ticketable revenue by 30%+.
Alestorm / Be'lakor / Blind Guardian / Dark Tranquillity / Devin Townsend / Insomnium / Katatonia / Swallow the Sun
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Ensign

by bodomdragon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:15 am

Ti7aNiC wrote:So, what are your current speculations on how 70K is going to move forward, now that things sell out after just 1 day of being open to the public?

Bigger boat and/or higher pricing and/or and redefining what a gold and a silver survivor is (e.g. gold for 5 time cruisers and silver for 3 times cruisers).
Wishlist:

PreviousNext