User

taketheday

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 am

Switzerland

Re: VERY unhappy with line up so far.

by taketheday » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:34 am

Tigerclaw_x wrote:So far it has been "puke metal central". Very few non death/or growley thrash bands. Reality check: this is NOT Barge to hell tour. Reality check, this is NOT death metal festival. Keep it up and I am sitting this one out. Only TWO bands are to my liking so far: Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica and In Extremo... THREE out of 12, Karl. Thats CRAPPY average. Hope there will be actually GOOD bands

They have to consider the tastes of everyone of us and it is not easy, I suppose. Every years I'm also complaining but at the end there are more bands than I like and I'm never able to see all of them :roll: I'm not at all a death/black or other 'hard' metal bands fan, but a lot of metalheads are and there are some bands for everyone. I don't know if you already did one cruise, but believe me, more bands you want to see, more difficulties you have to manage :wank:
2013: 7545
2014: 9554
2015: 2633
2016: 7320
2017/2018: 7624

4th-Dimension-/-Abinchova-/-Alestorm-/-Amberian-Dawn-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Anti-Tank-Nun-/-Apocalyptica-/-Astralion-/-Avantasia-/-Avelion-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Celtibeerian-/-Chronomancy-/-Crystallion-/-Derdian-/-Dreamshade-/-Dynazty-/-Ego-Fall-/-Ensiferum-/-Epicrenel-/-Eternal-Fear-/-Excelsis-/-Finntroll-/-Fogalord-/-Freedom-Call-/-Frosttide-/-Gonoreas-/-Gotthard-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-Flames-/-InnerWish-/-Juvaliant-/-Kaledon-/-Kamikaze-Kings-/-Korpiklaani-/-Kotiteollisuus-/-Krokus-/-Lordi-/-Los-Bastardos-Finlandeses-/-Magic-Kingdom-/-Majesty-Of-Revival-/-Melodius-Deite-/-Nonpoint-/-Operadyse-/-Pertness-/-Pretty-Maids-/-Ravenage-/-Sabaton-/-Secret-Illusion-/-Sideburn-/-SnakeyeS-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Stratovarius-/-Summoned-Tide-/-Svartsot-/-Teräsbetoni-/-To/Die/For-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Troll-Bends-Fir-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Tyr-/-Veonity-/-Volbeat-/-Vexillum-/-Wind-Rose-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun[/size]

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
User

Monmisreal

Rank

Lieutenant

Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Palm Harbor, FL

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:22 am

I remember your bitching from last year and im glad youre unhappy with the lineup. If itll keep one less jackass from booking then I say bring on the sulfuric acid gurgling vocalists. Right now its a fairly mixed group of genres this early in the announcements.
User

Sgt. B

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

St Paul, Minnesota

by Sgt. B » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:02 am

Monmisreal wrote:I remember your bitching from last year and im glad youre unhappy with the lineup. If itll keep one less jackass from booking then I say bring on the sulfuric acid gurgling vocalists. Right now its a fairly mixed group of genres this early in the announcements.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Abbath-Accept-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-AmonAmarth-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-Antaeus-Aosoth-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlackTrip-Bloodbath-Bolzer-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Carcass-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-Convulse-Coroner-CravenIdol-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DerWegEinerFreiheit-DevinTownsend-DewScented-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-Evocation-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-GloriorBelli-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-Hollenthon-HoodedMenace-Horna-Horrendous-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-InVain-Infestus-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khold-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LegionOfTheDamned-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-Miasmal-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-NapalmDeath-NeObliviscaris-NightDemon-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Obituary-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-PagansMind-Panopticon-ParadiseLost-Portal-Powermad-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-Prong-Queensryche-Ripper-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Saor-Sarke-Saxon-Schammasch-ScorpionChild-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Slayer-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-Summoning-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ufomammut-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vallenfyre-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vuur-WakeTheDead-Waldgeflüster-WASP-WarriorSoul-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

Survivor: 2012,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018&BtH(2012)
User

General Zod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm

Philadelphia

by General Zod » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:26 am

I get the frustration, when one band after another that you don't care for gets announced. But here's the thing with the line-up, if one or two bands you love get announced, you all of a sudden start looking at the entire line up as glass half full, rather than glass half empty. Two-thirds of the line up hasn't been announced. Anything can happen. That said, I would like to see a bit more black metal on the ship this year.
***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
User

Bob

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

by Bob » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:40 pm

General Zod wrote:That said, I would like to see a bit more black metal on the ship this year.

Absolutely, more than just 2 that we usually get please. Behemoth topside at midnight in 2015 still gives me the chills, was the best experience. Would love to see em again, but there are so many yet to see.

And it would be a first if Andy could book an Atmospheric Ambient Black Metal Band, I would overjoyed.
Wishlist 2019:Gojira-/-Tengger-Cavalry-/-Fleshgod-Apoc-/-Hanzel und Gretyl-/-InAeona-/-Babymetal-/-Burning Witches-/-Hevisaurus-/-Unleash the Archers-/-VUUR-/-Iron Maidens-/-The Heard-/-Myrkur
No repeat 70K bands PUH-LEEZ

Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18
User

Sickening Gore

Rank

Oiler

Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Las Vegas, NV

by Sickening Gore » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:20 pm

I only like maybe 1/5 of the entire lineup every year but that's plenty enough worth it for me. Get your balls out of your coin purse. Goregrind is unrepresented on the boat, Gutalax, Rompeprop, Putrid Pile, etc. on here would be insane.
User

Dutchguy-Tim

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Sickening Gore wrote:I only like maybe 1/5 of the entire lineup every year but that's plenty enough worth it for me. Get your balls out of your coin purse. Goregrind is unrepresented on the boat, Gutalax, Rompeprop, Putrid Pile, etc. on here would be insane.

Would be cool, only rompeprop quit some time ago.
Other dutch replacements: rectal smegma or kutschurft
Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

by Downvod » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Bob wrote:
General Zod wrote:That said, I would like to see a bit more black metal on the ship this year.

Absolutely, more than just 2 that we usually get please. Behemoth topside at midnight in 2015 still gives me the chills, was the best experience. Would love to see em again, but there are so many yet to see.

And it would be a first if Andy could book an Atmospheric Ambient Black Metal Band, I would overjoyed.

2016 had quite a bit of black metal.
70k 2016: Cabin 7279
70k 2017: Cabin 6361
70k 2018: Cabin 1704

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-The.Crown-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Emperor-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Evocation-/-Exmortus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-God.Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Vain-/-Kalmah-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kvelertak-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Myrkur-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Persefone-/-Powerglove-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
User

PlagueofBabylon

Rank

Oiler

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:41 am

by PlagueofBabylon » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:57 pm

2017 had about 10 bands that I considered 2 setters but due to a problem I had in my personal life, I had to cancel my booking. It added to 3 months of the doldrums, depression, anxiety, and overall no happiness. I have never been on the cruise and was hoping 2017 would be my first and it fell apart.

2018 will be different. Right now there are four bands that I'd go to both sets for and the rest I really could care less for but I have an open mind. If you're going on this cruise for just the shows, you're probably doing it wrong.
no avatar
User

sara

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Boston

by sara » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Sickening Gore wrote:I only like maybe 1/5 of the entire lineup every year but that's plenty enough worth it for me. Get your balls out of your coin purse. Goregrind is unrepresented on the boat, Gutalax, Rompeprop, Putrid Pile, etc. on here would be insane.

I'd really like us to have Gutulax. They play Euro fests all the time, but I haven't been to one in years and had a conflict with their set last time. I'd have to pack a dumb costume, TP and inflatable crap for that pit. On YouTube it always looks like a lot of fun.

We could also get Excrementory Grindfuckers. I've said before, I don't understand German, but it's still funny. I saw them in Germany and they were a riot. We have so many Germans. It makes sense to have them.

For black metal, I'd like Der weg Whatsit a whole lot. I was supposed to see them over a year ago, but their tour got canceled due to visa problems.
Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
no avatar
User

Disco

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:37 pm

Detroit

by Disco » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:50 pm

Alas, I'm slightly disappointed with this year's line-up as well. The first half of the announcements started out good but the second half, not so much.

This cruise is not exactly cheap and with the amount I paid to book my spot so , I should expect my money's worth.

I think since this year was the fastest it sold out, UMC probably won't book anymore big name bands. Why would they? They made their quota.
70k Tons 2011 - Survivor
70k Tons 2012 - Abandoned Ship
BTH 2012 - Skipped
70k Tons 2013 - Awesome
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Ensign

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:50 am

Disco wrote:I think since this year was the fastest it sold out, UMC probably won't book anymore big name bands. Why would they? They made their quota.

Following this logic, Wacken wouldn't have booked any big names for many, many years :)

I'm happy with the lineup so far, I'm ready to get onbroad with what we have. It is not as good as 2016 and 2017, but still quite a lot of stuff I want to check out.
Wishlist:
Accept--ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--
Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--Helloween--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--Ne.Obliviscaris--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018: Survivor
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:45 am

There was no way Andy was topping 2017's lineup for me. But on the flip side, I was SO busy with must see bands last year I didn't get much time in to drink or meet new friends. I'm very excited this year to check out what I want and maybe spend some free time at one of the 22 bars on broad.
Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-Katatonia-†-IN.VAIN-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

Azazel101

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am

Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

by Azazel101 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:49 am

It is all worth the gamble!!!
weather you like 4 bands of 40 it will be a great time :shred:
my , worst line up year, I cought a virus that was going around and I still had a great time.
"Opportunity Arise, Open Your Eyes, Don't decline, Open The Door" M.O.D.
ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-Combichrist-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-Aborted-/-Amorphis-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-AmonAmarth-/-AcidBath-/-Benidiction-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-DementedTed-/--Entrails-/-Exhumed-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-Necrophobic-/-NuclearAssault-/-OctoberTide-/-NapalmDeath-/-Sepulturia(20yearsRootsw/MaxandIgore)-/-Tiamat-/-VoiVod-/-Wilt-/-Nailbomb-/-FudgeTunnel-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-Godflesh
ok for a start
no avatar
User

Mr. HCI

Rank

Crewman

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:35 pm

Arvada, Colorado, 'Murrica

by Mr. HCI » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:49 am

Oh, God. This thread is back.

Kill it with fire.
User

Sgt. B

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

St Paul, Minnesota

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:50 am

Mr. HCI wrote:Oh, God. This thread is back.

Kill it with fire.

Use sulfuric acid instead. :cool:
Abbath-Accept-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-AmonAmarth-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-Antaeus-Aosoth-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlackTrip-Bloodbath-Bolzer-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Carcass-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-Convulse-Coroner-CravenIdol-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DerWegEinerFreiheit-DevinTownsend-DewScented-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-Evocation-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-GloriorBelli-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-Hollenthon-HoodedMenace-Horna-Horrendous-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-InVain-Infestus-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khold-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LegionOfTheDamned-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-Miasmal-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-NapalmDeath-NeObliviscaris-NightDemon-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Obituary-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-PagansMind-Panopticon-ParadiseLost-Portal-Powermad-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-Prong-Queensryche-Ripper-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Saor-Sarke-Saxon-Schammasch-ScorpionChild-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Slayer-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-Summoning-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ufomammut-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vallenfyre-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vuur-WakeTheDead-Waldgeflüster-WASP-WarriorSoul-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

Survivor: 2012,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018&BtH(2012)
no avatar
User

meshuggah

Rank

Ensign

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

New York, NY

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:00 pm

I, too, am VERY unhappy with the line-up so far, since it looks like I won't have time to do fun things such as eat or sleep!
User

TPH

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 am

Dublin, Ireland

by TPH » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Sgt. B wrote:

Kill it with fire.

Use sulfuric acid instead. :cool:

Wacken 2003
Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
70K 2018 - cabin 8215
User

cegr80

Rank

Crewman

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Houston, TX USA

by cegr80 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:44 pm

70K: 2017, 2018
Progpower USA: 2015, 2016, 2017
2019 Wishlist:
Acrassicauda|Alkaloid|Arcturus|AtTheGates|Batushka|BlackCrownInitiate|Borknagar|Candlemass|ChtoniC
DimmuBorgir|Emperor|Ensiferum|Gorod|Ihsahn|Inferi|Jinjer|KeepOfKalessin|MorbidAngel|NovembersDoom
ParadiseLost|Persefone|Shining(Nor)|TheGrindmother|Tyr|Wardehns
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Kill it with fire.

Or hydrochloric acid, perhaps.

Or is that an I in your username. I can't tell.
Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-Katatonia-†-IN.VAIN-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:13 pm

Got to agree.

VERY unhappy with the line up so far.

WAAAAAY too much thrash for my liking.

:P
Upcoming Gigs:
Mar Arch-Enemy-/-Amon Amarth-/-Sabaton Apr Ross-The-Boss May The-Iron-Maidens
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Phoenix wrote:There was no way Andy was topping 2017's lineup for me. But on the flip side, I was SO busy with must see bands last year I didn't get much time in to drink or meet new friends. I'm very excited this year to check out what I want and maybe spend some free time at one of the 22 bars on broad.

"....bars that NEVER close!" (Except when they do. :lol: )
2019 Wishlist:
Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
--Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Survivor
User

Jaimie38

Rank

Lieutenant

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Edmonton,Canada

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:11 pm

I should expect my money's worth.

I love customers like you.

Try organizing a festival yourself--see how well you do.
Not everyone is available, not everyone wants to, not everyone meets "your preference"

Seriously, the biggest bitchers every year are Americans ( Love you guys!) that complain about no festivals, tours, etc-the people that have probably the least amount of money that is spent(proximity, US dollar,travel time) .

The big part of this --is getting to know new bands,,, new influences, comradery, you should know that by now.
6 Time Vet!
Wishlist--Accept,GRIMREAPER!!!,WASP,ArmoredSaint,DioDisciples,Loudness,
DangerousToys,Triumph.Scorpions,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,MorsPrincpiumEst,
Exmortus,TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds For those who are sailing with us in honour
no avatar
User

sara

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Boston

by sara » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:27 am

Jaimie38 wrote:Seriously, the biggest bitchers every year are Americans

Ha, we sure do have a lot of "I'd like to speak to the manager" types in my country. :lol:

70k is what is, it's a known quantity by now, if you want to spend money on it, research ahead of time and decide to go or not, but one person can't change it for everyone else or tell UMC how to run it.

When I wanted to go, since it was a lot of money, I found the old line-ups, I found the boards, reviews, etc. I researched and priced things and figured out as much as I could. I got on the forum and got to know people and signed up for social events. It's not just for the music but also to hang with other metal heads.
Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
User

Jaimie38

Rank

Lieutenant

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Edmonton,Canada

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:54 am

sara wrote:
Jaimie38 wrote:Seriously, the biggest bitchers every year are Americans

Ha, we sure do have a lot of "I'd like to speak to the manager" types in my country. :lol:

70k is what is, it's a known quantity by now, if you want to spend money on it, research ahead of time and decide to go or not, but one person can't change it for everyone else or tell UMC how to run it.

When I wanted to go, since it was a lot of money, I found the old line-ups, I found the boards, reviews, etc. I researched and priced things and figured out as much as I could. I got on the forum and got to know people and signed up for social events. It's not just for the music but also to hang with other metal heads.

Sara,
You know this isn't the time or space for intelligent, level headed thinking!
:P
6 Time Vet!
Wishlist--Accept,GRIMREAPER!!!,WASP,ArmoredSaint,DioDisciples,Loudness,
DangerousToys,Triumph.Scorpions,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,MorsPrincpiumEst,
Exmortus,TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds For those who are sailing with us in honour
Previous