Post Reply 105 posts
VERY unhappy with line up so far.
  • Tigerclaw_x
    Oiler

Re: VERY unhappy with line up so far.

by Tigerclaw_x » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:50 pm

To quote Bugs Bunny "You don't know me very well, do you". Last cruise 2017 me and my wife seen... 37 shows. Now, some bands we saw TWICE so we saw 29 bands, IIRC. For us it was literally Get up at 9am. And then shows NON STOP. Come to the cabin at around 2-3 am, pass out.. If we went to karaoke - than we would pass out even later. Heck Karaoke with Fabios (both of them singing Ave Maria) was fun. Same was for Saltatio Mortis. Super funny when white HEAVY METAL GUYS sing rap about how hard it is to be black... ROFL... Next day - Repeat. I am NOT spending 1400 + airplain tickets just to see 6 bands. Heck no. If I am spending 2k (for 2 people). I need to get my money worth in shows. Average ticket if you go to see a show in Chicago, or Milwaukee - around 40 bucks. 2 tickets - 80 bucks (for me and my wife), so we need to see so many shows as to get our money worth. Which means AT LEAST 25 shows. Everything else goes into our "Got more than we paid for" file. So it was literally - racing from show to show, with breaks for snack. Best vacation I had in a SUPER long time.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:51 pm

There's no avoiding the complaints. If Andy booked Iron Maiden, there would even be someone bitching.
  • Tigerclaw_x
    Oiler

by Tigerclaw_x » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:06 pm

Damn. If Iron Maiden was booked... Scheisse... I would be super happy. But c'mon, you can't compare Iron Maiden to... goatwhore and other bands of that level. That's like comparing Grey Goose vodka to Popov vodka (try them side by side and see what I mean). Everyone heard of Maiden. Goatwhore... didn't even hear about them until they were announced. Wish I still didn't hear about them. Sure, people will complain. But you do need a broader appeal. "Puke into microphone Metal" appeals only to a part of the metal crowd. While bands like Iron Maiden, Helloween, Axxis, Sabaton, Axel Rudy Pell, have MUCH broader base and wider appeal. I wouldn't go see Cannibal Corpse, Death Angel or Goatwhore or Gojira if you pay me.But most death metal fans I know would have NO problems listening to Sabaton or Deathstars or Helloween
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:20 pm

Tigerclaw_x wrote:"Puke into microphone Metal"

Tigerclaw_x wrote:"puke into microphone" bands ... "We puke into microphone to 3 chords played very fast".

Tigerclaw_x wrote:"we gurgle with sulfuric acid" bands.

Tigerclaw_x wrote:"puke metal central"

You're trying too hard. Also, I'm pretty sure I remember this exact conversation happening on here in the past using these same terms.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:23 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Tigerclaw_x wrote:"Puke into microphone Metal"

Tigerclaw_x wrote:"puke into microphone" bands ... "We puke into microphone to 3 chords played very fast".

Tigerclaw_x wrote:"we gurgle with sulfuric acid" bands.

Tigerclaw_x wrote:"puke metal central"

You're trying too hard. Also, I'm pretty sure I remember this exact conversation happening on here in the past using these same terms.

It's getting old, right?
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:08 pm

what the fuck is your beef with Goatwhore, man?! Band fucking rules, dudes are legends, and Ben is one of the best dudes in metal. Seen that dude tour with 2 broken legs after a van accident that nearly killed him. They're 100% legit, work hard as fuck, and encapsulate the spirit of metal 100%
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:16 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:what the fuck is your beef with Goatwhore, man?! Band fucking rules, dudes are legends, and Ben is one of the best dudes in metal. Seen that dude tour with 2 broken legs after a van accident that nearly killed him. They're 100% legit, work hard as fuck, and encapsulate the spirit of metal 100%

THIS!
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:45 pm

mooyagi wrote:You're trying too hard. Also, I'm pretty sure I remember this exact conversation happening on here in the past using these same terms.

Correct, he was the genius that threw the "gurgling with sulfuric acid" stuff last year, that I am quoting from time to time. And it still makes me hope that Andy will book Sulphur Aeon :mrgreen:
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:10 pm

TPH wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:You're trying too hard. Also, I'm pretty sure I remember this exact conversation happening on here in the past using these same terms.

Correct, he was the genius that threw the "gurgling with sulfuric acid" stuff last year, that I am quoting from time to time. And it still makes me hope that Andy will book Sulphur Aeon :mrgreen:

--With a side of Acid Bath. :lol: :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:54 pm

meshuggah wrote:There's no avoiding the complaints. If Andy booked Iron Maiden, there would even be someone bitching.

Iron Maiden would certainly get a thumbs down from me.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Tigerclaw_x
    Oiler

by Tigerclaw_x » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Yup. I am the one using the term "Gurgling with sulfuric acid" and "Puking into microphone", though I was not the one who invented them. In any case. ONE HUGE Powermetal band is on. Primal Fear. Makes it MUCH better. Two shows with Primal Fear, Two Shows with Rhapsody, Two shows with El Extremo. That's 6 shows already...
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Hey, can you tell us again what kind of music you don't like? We're really fucking interested and I don't think we understood you the first thirty times.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:51 pm

HAHAHA this thread rules. I love you guys! Well, most of you anyway. :lol:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Iconix
    Crewman

by Iconix » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:20 am

Tigerclaw_x wrote:So far it has been "puke metal central". Very few non death/or growley thrash bands. Reality check: this is NOT Barge to hell tour. Reality check, this is NOT death metal festival. Keep it up and I am sitting this one out. Only TWO bands are to my liking so far: Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica and In Extremo... THREE out of 12, Karl. Thats CRAPPY average. Hope there will be actually GOOD bands

Everyone's entitled to their own tastes and preferences, and we all know just how huge the diversity of metal is and how wide the metal family extends, but seriously, this is just the douchiest possible way you could have said this. So there's only a few bands so far that you personally like...so what? Last year out of the 60 bands onboard, 12 of them were bands that I was a solid fan of ahead of time. Two years ago, which was the first year I went, it was only 10 out of 60. Both of those are lower than the 3 out of 12 ratio you're complaining about.

Did it impact my ability to enjoy the cruise? Hell no!
    Did I end up hearing other bands that I hadn't heard before and becoming a fan as a result? Hell yes!
    Did I complain and insinuate that the bands that other people enjoyed but didn't meet my personal tastes were somehow shitty and inferior, like you've been doing with all this "puke metal" and "vomiting in the mic" and "gargling acid" and "I hope there will actually be some GOOD bands" BS? Hell no!

Bottom line, just chill the hell out dude. Even now, hours after your first post, they are still not even 1/3 of the way through the announcements for this year, and it's easy enough to look back at the cruise history and see that every single year, they have tried really hard to put something for everyone on board, but if you're gonna bitch and moan about not getting the lineup you want, then I don't know what you're doing here. The rest of us will be here waiting for the party to start when you get off your high horse and back in the pit.
    Last edited by Iconix on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    70k Survivor:
    2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024

Wishlist: (ON!, last year, repeats, still hoping)

Aeternam-AlienWeaponry-AllShallPerish-Allegaeon-AMONAMARTH-Amorphis-Anciients-AndyGillion-ArchEnemy-AtTheGates-BE'LAKOR-Belzebubs-BeyondCreation-TheBlackDahliaMurder-BlackCrownInitiate-Blackguard-BloodStainChild-BORKNAGAR-Carcass-Chimaira-CountlessSkies-DarkAge-Darkane-DarkLunacy-DarkTranquillity-Devildriver-Diablo-DimensionZero-DimmuBorgir-DisarmoniaMundi-Eluveitie-Ensiferum-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FearFactory-Finntroll-FleshgodApocalypse-GOJIRA-Gyze-TheHaloEffect-TheHaunted-Helleborus-Ihsahn-InFlames-InMourning-Insomnium-IntoEternity-InVain-Kalmah-Katatonia-KingOfAsgard-LacunaCoil-LambOfGod-Manegarm-Mastodon-Mercenary-Miseration-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MorsPrincipiumEst-NeObliviscaris-Nightrage-Obscura-TheOcean-OceansOfSlumber-OctoberTide-OmniumGatherum-OPETH-Ouroboros-Persefone-PainConfessor-Raunchy-RiversOfNihil-RottingChrist-SaltatioMortis-ScarSymmetry-ShadowsFall-Shylmagoghnar-Skeletonwitch-Skyfire-Slipknot-Soen-Soilwork-Solution.45-Stam1na-Susperia-SvartCrown-SwallowTheSun-Sylosis-Testament-ThreatSignal-Trivium-Turisas-Tyr-Unearth-UnleashTheArchers-Whitechapel-WhiteVoid-Wilderun-Wintersun-Wolfheart

\m/ >_< \m/
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:27 am

Tigerclaw_x wrote:ONE HUGE Powermetal band is on. Primal Fear. Makes it MUCH better. Two shows with Primal Fear, Two Shows with Rhapsody, Two shows with El Extremo. That's 6 shows already...

Haha, you're a riot, man. Glad to hear you're in better spirits now. There will be even more to come! And when they book more bands you like, I'm gonna be on here bitching 'cause our tastes are polar opposites. But all in good fun. :lol:
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:21 am

Warphine wrote:HAHAHA this thread rules. I love you guys! Well, most of you anyway. :lol:

You suck :P
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:18 am

acidbasement wrote:It's pretty early to get upset, and 70K is about way more than the bands anyway, so whatever.

But seriously Andy, bring Tobias Sammet onboard or I'm puking in the pool.

Yes!!! Tobias Sammet, pleeeeeease!!!
    I know Avantasia could be too much due to everyone's schedules but Edguy would be great! :D
    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2023 survivor

Favorite bands: Amorphis - Samael - Moonspell - Blind Guardian - Therion - Paradise Lost - Rammstein - Avantasia - Helloween
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:50 am

MonicaMM wrote:
    Yes!!! Tobias Sammet, pleeeeeease!!!
    I know Avantasia could be too much due to everyone's schedules but Edguy would be great! :D

There's a couple of new Edguy songs released plus they are starting to tour in support of their 25th anniversary!
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Malaka wrote:I'm angry. This is supposed to be a METAL cruise! All the metal in the world and we have rock bands like Rhapsody, Sonata Antarctica, El Extremo, and Primal False on the boat, with their silly yodeling and keybroads and songs about unicorns and fucking castles and stupid shit like that bro. What's metal about that shit? I know the fucking hairlip grocery bagger at my neighborhood market would book in a second if we had those spots filled with REAL METAL bands like Embryonic Devourment, Anal Vomit, Excrementory Grindfuckers, and Enbilulugugal! Where is the REAL METAL BRO?! :stagger:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:28 pm

Malaka wrote:I'm angry. This is supposed to be a METAL cruise! All the metal in the world and we have rock bands like Rhapsody, Sonata Antarctica, El Extremo, and Primal False on the boat, with their silly yodeling and keybroads and songs about unicorns and fucking castles and stupid shit like that bro. What's metal about that shit? I know the fucking hairlip grocery bagger at my neighborhood market would book in a second if we had those spots filled with REAL METAL bands like Embryonic Devourment, Anal Vomit, Excrementory Grindfuckers, and Enbilulugugal! Where is the REAL METAL BRO?! :stagger:

You can blame it on a recent worldwide shortage of sulphuric acid.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Malaka wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:You can blame it on a recent worldwide shortage of sulphuric acid.

Oh. Well with these tutti fruity fucking bands onbroad, there surely won't be a shortage of puke. :belly:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....Wait I like a good amount of weenie metal.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:33 pm

Andy needs to book GOJIRA. Their genre is WAY underrepresented :evil:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:56 pm

meshuggah wrote:Andy needs to book GOJIRA. Their genre is WAY underrepresented :evil:

Has any band that's cancelled EVER made it up on a later cruise? Not that I can recall...
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:04 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:Andy needs to book GOJIRA. Their genre is WAY underrepresented :evil:

Has any band that's cancelled EVER made it up on a later cruise? Not that I can recall...

Kamelot canceled one year, and they were back last year.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:43 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

Okay then... That's 1

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:15 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    ExtraneouS wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:Has any band that's cancelled EVER made it up on a later cruise? Not that I can recall...

Okay then... That's 1

Stratovarius played on the 2012 cruise after cancelling in 2011. Same with Belphegor who cancelled their appearance on barge but played the 2016 cruise.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:
    ExtraneouS wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:Has any band that's cancelled EVER made it up on a later cruise? Not that I can recall...

Stratovarius played on the 2012 cruise after cancelling in 2011. Same with Belphegor who cancelled their appearance on barge but played the 2016 cruise.

Okay then, that's 3... So then it's about time for Hypocrisy & Xentrix

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:49 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:So then it's about time for Hypocrisy & Xentrix

Well, we know Peter can at least make it onto the boat now.
  • Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:05 am

Tigerclaw_x wrote:So far it has been "puke metal central". Very few non death/or growley thrash bands. Reality check: this is NOT Barge to hell tour. Reality check, this is NOT death metal festival. Keep it up and I am sitting this one out. Only TWO bands are to my liking so far: Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica and In Extremo... THREE out of 12, Karl. Thats CRAPPY average. Hope there will be actually GOOD bands

'13 '15 '16 '18
    Eluveitie -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes Partial list
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:30 pm

Pamela wrote:

is it a crappy average though? 3/12 means you'll have 15/60 which means 30 sets total. Still pretty good if you're picky. Ville usually has way less sets than that to watch and he never whines about it.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:42 pm

Stained Class wrote:is it a crappy average though? 3/12 means you'll have 15/60 which means 30 sets total. Still pretty good if you're picky. Ville usually has way less sets than that to watch and he never whines about it.

2016 was actually bad for me because there were TOO MANY bands I wanted to see (this is coming from the person that sleeps an average of literally 2 hours a night on the boat). There were about 25 total that I wanted to absolutely see and it spread me pretty thin because I like to catch both sets for the bands I truly like. I'm fine with having 10 to 15 solid MUST SEE TWICE bands - it gives me breathing room to check out new bands, do Karaoke, fine dining (anyone that hasn't been in the dining room it took me 3 cruises to finally go and it's totally worth it- and FREE) artist clinics, extras like the occasional acoustic session and catch up with friends in the hot tub. :bangers:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    Eluveitie -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes Partial list
  • Twilightgirl
    Wiper

by Twilightgirl » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:15 pm

I'm sure there will be plenty of bands you will like. This is going to be my fourth cruise and this year we booked our airfare before any lineup or booking info. Was released. Also had our hotel booked March 3. Haven't been too thrilled about the bands announced yet but sure it will turn out fine. Also already seeing some of the bands we have never heard of are quite good.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:42 am

sara wrote:There are guys who go every year and like hardly any bands.

:roll:

Figures that as soon as we get one "brutal" band, the weenies are bitching. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:45 am

Malaka wrote:REAL METAL bands like Embryonic Devourment

Holy shit that would be awesome. If Embryonic Devourment gets added, I'd seriously consider booking.
    :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:47 am

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :death: :death: :death: :death:

will checkout all poolstage gig and of course primal fear twice.....
    more power and thrash will come for sure
    can't wait for my 5th round :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:00 am

boo fucking hoo i don't like the bands so far.
    so what, the line up of the first cruise hasn't matched yet.
    no jawdrop band for me yet. but hey i like korpiklaani, i like cannibal corpse, i like quite a few bands so far.

be happy you're on THE fucking cruise!
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:34 am

They have to consider the tastes of everyone of us and it is not easy, I suppose. Every years I'm also complaining but at the end there are more bands than I like and I'm never able to see all of them :roll: I'm not at all a death/black or other 'hard' metal bands fan, but a lot of metalheads are and there are some bands for everyone. I don't know if you already did one cruise, but believe me, more bands you want to see, more difficulties you have to manage :wank:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:22 am

I remember your bitching from last year and im glad youre unhappy with the lineup. If itll keep one less jackass from booking then I say bring on the sulfuric acid gurgling vocalists. Right now its a fairly mixed group of genres this early in the announcements.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:02 am

Monmisreal wrote:I remember your bitching from last year and im glad youre unhappy with the lineup. If itll keep one less jackass from booking then I say bring on the sulfuric acid gurgling vocalists. Right now its a fairly mixed group of genres this early in the announcements.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:26 am

I get the frustration, when one band after another that you don't care for gets announced. But here's the thing with the line-up, if one or two bands you love get announced, you all of a sudden start looking at the entire line up as glass half full, rather than glass half empty. Two-thirds of the line up hasn't been announced. Anything can happen. That said, I would like to see a bit more black metal on the ship this year.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine