Post Reply 7 posts Page 1 of 1
What I REALLY would like to see.
  • Tigerclaw_x
    Oiler

What I REALLY would like to see.

by Tigerclaw_x » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:41 pm

Yes, yes, yes... we all know all the huge bands. We may like them (Rhapsody), or dislike them (Goatwhore), but they are sorta known. What I really would like 70k to do is to help promote and give exposure to some smaller USA bands. Be it Death Metal (Khazaadum), or be it Doom metal (Beast Maker), or be it Power Metal (Conniption) or be it Thrash metal (Wrath) or Art Metal (Shaolin Death Squad). We all know that without exposure, there will be no new Rhapsody to replace old one. There will be no new Sepultura to replace the old one. Yet, somehow, smaller USA bands never get exposure. Band like Noble Beast would love to play the ship, same with Conniption and Wrath (I personally know guys from Wrath and Noble Beast and Conniption). Beast Maker are incredible. Yet, we get shown bands that are very little known, but are not from USA. IF we do not support bands which are small now, they will never become big. I can name 20 other great smaller bands. "Trouble", for example. Who are good enough to be on the ship and who's shows would be SUPERB. Last year Touch The Sun was VERY impressive. As was Ghost Ship Octavius, both have only one Album out. I would love to see bands like Conniption, Wrath, Shaolin Death Squad, Beast Maker, Noble Beast to be given exposure and a chance to make it big. Thank you
  • Tigerclaw_x
    Oiler

Re: What I REALLY would like to see.

by Tigerclaw_x » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:01 pm

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:05 pm

There are smaller bands every year, and not only from the USA. We call them Cripper bands. Relax.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Tigerclaw_x
    Oiler

by Tigerclaw_x » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:12 pm

I know. Just trying to help out and give more exposure to the bands I know. I definitely would say that Conniption, Wrath, Shaolin DeathSquad and Beastmaker as well as Noble Beast, deserve to be on the cruise. Each have 4+ albums out. (Wrath has more). Noble Beast only has 1 album. But it is incredible. Conniption live sound pretty much like they are in the studio. Incredible.

OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER: I do NOT work for those bands. I do NOT get paid to talk about these bands. When I buy their t-shirt and CDs I pay full price:-). Just trying to help some VERY good and VERY hard working musicians..
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:52 pm

What I'd really like to see is more of these highly informative threads you're posting that absolutely are in no way just the same as all the other ones you're posting.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:55 pm

Yeah, we have what are called "Cripper" bands each year, and often many of them are from the US.

As for Cripper bands I'd like, the main one is Nylithia, and they are even from Vancouver. I also think Cross Examination would be great, because they're a fun party thrash band. A couple hometown bands that what make decent Crippers are Divinex and Through Lifeless Eyes. Tigerclaw would like Divinex because if there's no vocal, you can't bitch about "sulfaric acid" hahaha.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:00 pm

What I want is more bands I feel good about dropping a few grand to see..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
Post Reply 7 posts Page 1 of 1