Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
70K Survivor Android App
    Milo
    Wiper

70K Survivor Android App

by Milo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:06 pm

(Crossposting from Facebook group)

Hi survivors, last year one of my goals was to improve my knowledge in mobile development technologies, so as a personal project I created an Android exclusive app to have the 2018 band schedule in my phone (instead of carrying the booklet which I always end up losing) with the bands I wanted to see and now I decided to share it with the 70K community:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.milosoft.milo.a70ksurvivor

The idea of the app is to have information about the bands and choose which of those you would love to see and which not, according to that the app will show the schedule per day and per venue with your favorite bands highlighted and the disliked hidden and then have notifications minutes before the band starts. (You can see the examples in the screenshots or using the demo data)

I hope this will be useful for some of you and every feedback will be well received, thanks. :D

PD: I know there’s another 70K app and my goal is not to copy their work, I just choose to make something different with the functionality I liked better and now I want to share it with you.
  • sara
    Petty Officer

Re: 70K Survivor Android App

by sara » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Cool. Do you have it on Github anywhere? What did you use to build it?

Personally, I'm a developer more focused on making interfaces nice, and I wish that I could help Dorn with his app. I just don't know Java. Yours is probably in Java as well. :lol:

I'm skilled in React though and would love to help out if anyone ever wants to put this stuff into a React Native app or something, maybe even Ionic. I'm just a web person, not a native app person.

But I think instead of competing apps, it would be best for developers to try and get together to improve an open-source project. Perhaps people could look into a code platform that attracts a wider pool of volunteers to help. Maybe if Dorn wants to lead that, we can get a chat group? Just thoughts for 2019 and beyond. ;)
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 70K Survivor Android App

by slayergeek » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:55 pm

sara wrote:Cool. Do you have it on Github anywhere? What did you use to build it?

Personally, I'm a developer more focused on making interfaces nice, and I wish that I could help Dorn with his app. I just don't know Java. Yours is probably in Java as well. :lol:

I'm skilled in React though and would love to help out if anyone ever wants to put this stuff into a React Native app or something, maybe even Ionic. I'm just a web person, not a native app person.

But I think instead of competing apps, it would be best for developers to try and get together to improve an open-source project. Perhaps people could look into a code platform that attracts a wider pool of volunteers to help. Maybe if Dorn wants to lead that, we can get a chat group? Just thoughts for 2019 and beyond. ;)

I have reached out to Milo to look for opportunities to collaborate instead of compete for 2019, we have not come to any agreement, but are communicating with each other.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,See_You_In_2022

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1