Post Reply 23 posts Page 1 of 1
Excursions?
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

Scuba diving

by alex_canada » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Anyone interested? 210 USD for a one tank dive with an awesomely rated company, Blue Water Divers. I believe they need a minimum group size to get something going. They'll do a skills refresher for those of us who have PADI certification but haven't done a dive for a while.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: Scuba diving

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:41 pm

alex_canada wrote:Anyone interested? 210 USD for a one tank dive with an awesomely rated company, Blue Water Divers. I believe they need a minimum group size to get something going. They'll do a skills refresher for those of us who have PADI certification but haven't done a dive for a while.

I wish I was (officially) certified. :oops: I've done scuba unofficially but never got 'round to getting PADI certification.

I'll probably do the snuba excursion. It was pretty cool last time I did it at Grand Turk and the price isn't unreasonable.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • hataiynwa
    Wiper

by hataiynwa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:29 pm

alex_canada wrote:Anyone interested? 210 USD for a one tank with an awesomely rated company, Blue Water Divers. I believe they need a minimum group size to get something going. They'll do a skills refresher for those of us who have PADI certification but haven't done a dive for a while.

Me and my friend have booked a two tank dive with gtdiving.com
    We are both AOW certfied. Non of us need a refresher course though as we both dive frequently.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am

I'm really interested in diving. I am PADI certified (Advanced Open Water) and I'd certainly love to take this chance. 210USD seems pretty damn expensive to me though, but if that's the best choice I'd still do it.

hataiynwa wrote:Me and my friend have booked a two tank dive with gtdiving.com
    We are both AOW certfied. Non of us need a refresher course though as we both dive frequently.

How much did you pay? Do you have time for a two tank dive? And do you know how to get from the pier to the place?
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • hataiynwa
    Wiper

by hataiynwa » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 am

bodomdragon wrote:I'm really interested in diving. I am PADI certified (Advanced Open Water) and I'd certainly love to take this chance. 210USD seems pretty damn expensive to me though, but if that's the best choice I'd still do it.

hataiynwa wrote:Me and my friend have booked a two tank dive with gtdiving.com

How much did you pay? Do you have time for a two tank dive? And do you know how to get from the pier to the place?

Dives cost $115.00 for a 2 tank dive, not including the cost of gear.

To rent gear it is;
    BCD: $10
    Reg: $10
    Wetsuit: $10
    Fins:$5
    Mask & snorkel are included.

U pay half as a deposit when u book, the rest at the dive store :)

Apparently we have 10 hours on shore this time round so plenty of time for two dives.
    We will take a cab to the dive shop (around 08:45) and they will bring us back to the ship (I think).
  • torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:12 am

I posted this in other topic:

torpedo20 wrote:For those who are interested in either scuba and/or snorkel trips.

Back on the 2013 cruise a bunch of us booked these guys - Grand Turk Diving:
    http://gtdiving.com/index.html

All of us walked away impressed with the service provided.
    If you're interested give them a shout.

You can't go wrong with either Oasis Divers, Blue Water Divers or Grand Turk Divers.
    All three are reputable dive shops that are located within walking distance of each other :cheers:
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
    zerkz
    Oiler

Excursions?

by zerkz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:59 pm

Have they been posted yet? I had a blast hanging out with Omnium Gatherum last year on a mini-boat.
  • sara
    Petty Officer

Re: Excursions?

by sara » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:44 pm

If they are, there will be a post on the home page. We're also about due to get our check-in emails, where we'll be able to look at excursions. It doesn't tell you which ones are artist-led, though.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:48 pm

sara wrote:If they are, there will be a post on the home page. We're also about due to get our check-in emails, where we'll be able to look at excursions. It doesn't tell you which ones are artist-led, though.

It did for me last year?

Realising that we should be getting our checkin emails quite literally any minute (since we're almost exactly two weeks out) has finally made it sink in that this is happening very soon. :shock:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    sara wrote:If they are, there will be a post on the home page. We're also about due to get our check-in emails, where we'll be able to look at excursions. It doesn't tell you which ones are artist-led, though.

It did for me last year?

Realising that we should be getting our checkin emails quite literally any minute (since we're almost exactly two weeks out) has finally made it sink in that this is happening very soon. :shock:

Oh if that's the case, that's my goof. :oops:

But I realized this a day or two ago, and it just adds to the SOON that I'm feeling lately. Last year and 2016, I got mine right about this time.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    zerkz
    Oiler

by zerkz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:20 pm

EDIT: Alright I'm creeped out by my own googled image.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:23 am

Phoenix wrote:

It did for me last year?

I'm not gonna say I'm haunting my email inbox looking for it, but....... Yeah, okay, I'm checking every two hours. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:57 am

Pellaz wrote:I'm not gonna say I'm haunting my email inbox looking for it, but....... Yeah, okay, I'm checking every two hours. :lol:

Ever heard of push notifications? :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:53 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:I'm not gonna say I'm haunting my email inbox looking for it, but....... Yeah, okay, I'm checking every two hours. :lol:

Ever heard of push notifications? :D

Oh, I'd get a notification on my phone app too, but....as it turns out, I happened to be IN the inbox on my desktop when the email DID arrive. :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    ScreamingButterfly
    Wiper

by ScreamingButterfly » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:53 am

I booked the stingray excursion with Meshuggah last night :). There's also a Snorkeling adventure with Exhumed and Aborted, and a Safari with Wolfchant.
    http://www.youtube.com/ScreamingButterflyEntertainment
    70k 2015 - 9589
    70k 2016 - 7348
    70k 2017 - :(
    70k 2018 - 7387
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:16 am

As I said in the other topic, I'm still hesitating, but there's a good chance I'll be going to this stingray excursion as well.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:06 am

TPH wrote:As I said in the other topic, I'm still hesitating, but there's a good chance I'll be going to this stingray excursion as well.

Just booked it, that would be stupid not to have this once in a lifetime experience.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Same here. At first glance of the available excursions the only one that I find truly appealing is the stingray one with Meshuggah.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
  • SunnySnow
    Wiper

by SunnySnow » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:48 pm

there is a 2-tank scuba trip under "Shore Excursions" for $145 which seems a pretty good deal - I'm thinking of doing it
  • Gsain123
    Wiper

by Gsain123 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:21 pm

I like suuba diving.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:14 am

SunnySnow wrote:there is a 2-tank scuba trip under "Shore Excursions" for $145 which seems a pretty good deal - I'm thinking of doing it

That actually IS a pretty good deal. I usually see 2-tank dives listed on "regular" cruises for much more....$175-200.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • SunnySnow
    Wiper

by SunnySnow » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    SunnySnow wrote:there is a 2-tank scuba trip under "Shore Excursions" for $145 which seems a pretty good deal - I'm thinking of doing it

That actually IS a pretty good deal. I usually see 2-tank dives listed on "regular" cruises for much more....$175-200.

AND it looks like they provide everything but the wetsuit
    JamieS
    Crewman

by JamieS » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:57 am

Is anyone else doing the Reef Snorkel + Stingray excursion? I really wanted to snorkel, but I'm not a fan of the bands in the artist-led snorkel trip, so I went with a generic snorkel trip.
    4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
Post Reply 23 posts Page 1 of 1