Post Reply 292 posts
What bands can be ruled out for 2019?
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2019?

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:36 am

mbob wrote:Manilla Road will most likely be out due to Mark 'the Shark' Shelton passing today. :cry:

thats incredibly sad.. i heard the news and couldnt believe :cry:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:54 am

OVERKILL seems out: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/overkill-to-release-new-album-in-february-2019/

“As for when OVERKILL's next album will arrive, Ellsworth said: "February [2019] is what we penciled in for the release. So that'll give us tours starting March 1st, I suppose. So February is what we're looking for. That means that we'll start [recording] drums in the next month."”
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:41 am

Godflesh wrote:OVERKILL seems out: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/overkill-to-release-new-album-in-february-2019/

“As for when OVERKILL's next album will arrive, Ellsworth said: "February [2019] is what we penciled in for the release. So that'll give us tours starting March 1st, I suppose. So February is what we're looking for. That means that we'll start [recording] drums in the next month."”

Good timing for those "World premiere" they did a few years back
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:50 am

Yeah, Overkill doesn't seem out to me, they could just play for their premiere on broad.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:17 am

Behemoth will be touring Europe during the cruise. :cry:
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    jknechtel
    Oiler

by jknechtel » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:24 am

Behemoth will be on tour, so they are out.
    Here's to all the kisses I've snatched and visa versa!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:35 am

jknechtel wrote:Behemoth will be on tour, so they are out.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:35 pm

Terji has just left Tyr :(

I imagine that will complicate their upcoming touring plans, and make their appearance on 70k 2019 less likely....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:48 pm

Updated:

All bands from 70k 2018
    Cripper - quitting after this June
    Katatonia - contemplating their navels instead of doing band stuff
    Wisdom - taking a break
    Nightwish - not doing any shows in 2019 as working on new album
    Morgoth
    Gravedigger - touring
    Burning Witches - touring with Gravedigger
    Amorphis - touring
    Soilwork - touring
    Jinjer - touring
    Nailed to Obscurity - touring
    Hammerfall - Oscar says no
    Avantasia - Tobi says no
    Tyr - Terji has left the band, not ruling them out but...
    Manilla Road - death of key member :(
    Behemoth - Touring
    At The Gates - Touring
    Wolves in the Throne Room - Touring

All bands from MORC 2019 including:
    Extreme
    Queensryche
    Saxon
    Skid Row
    Danger Danger
    King's X
    DAD
    Pink Cream 69
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:17 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Updated:

All bands from 70k 2018
    Wisdom - taking a break
    Morgoth
    Gravedigger - touring
    Amorphis - touring
    Soilwork - touring
    Jinjer - touring
    Avantasia - Tobi says no
    Tyr - Terji has left the band, not ruling them out but...
    Behemoth - Touring
    At The Gates - Touring

All bands from MORC 2019 including:
    Extreme
    Queensryche
    Saxon
    Skid Row
    Danger Danger
    King's X
    DAD
    Pink Cream 69

I humbly request an alphabetical sort.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:42 am

cowboy71 wrote:Terji has just left Tyr :(

I imagine that will complicate their upcoming touring plans, and make their appearance on 70k 2019 less likely....

They have a replacement already, so it's not a sure thing that they're ruled out.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Dick
    Oiler

by Dick » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:54 am

Devin Townsend said not this year, maybe the year after. Asked him/them on Facebook.
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:05 am

I'd request we take out any bands whose presence here is just word of mouth, even from the members themselves. I know it's happened to other people, and it happened to me with Overkill, where a member told me to my face that they weren't on and then appeared anyway.

I feel like documented logistical obstacles, e.g. touring, in studio, lost a member, are the only real indicators....
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Dick
    Oiler

by Dick » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:23 am

alex_canada wrote:I'd request we take out any bands whose presence here is just word of mouth, even from the members themselves. I know it's happened to other people, and it happened to me with Overkill, where a member told me to my face that they weren't on and then appeared anyway.

I feel like documented logistical obstacles, e.g. touring, in studio, lost a member, are the only real indicators....

A lot can change in 5 months, for sure. I don't think these threads are really indicative of anything, though. It's just a discussion and a roadmap of vaguely what to expect.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:15 pm

alex_canada wrote:I'd request we take out any bands whose presence here is just word of mouth, even from the members themselves. I know it's happened to other people, and it happened to me with Overkill, where a member told me to my face that they weren't on and then appeared anyway.

In fairness to Overkill, they were booked VERY late, and I think it's likely they didn't honestly know they were going to play until right before the cruise.

--But I agree about word-of-mouth. Bands aren't supposed to confirm their appearance before they're announced, and sometimes they're gonna have to lie. "We can't say" or "Well, maybe...." is just about as good as saying "Yep, we're on."

Announced tours or documented conflicting dates WOULD be an absolute "ruled out" indicator.
    "Lost a band member" might be, but bands can often find someone in the meantime; they've done so before.
    "In studio" is a lot less certain, too. Some bands might really LIKE a one-week escape to the Caribbean as a break from studio work.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:14 pm

Pellaz wrote:"Lost a band member" might be, but bands can often find someone in the meantime; they've done so before.

I agree with you.

And sometimes even bands that Split-up come back for a show :lol:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:16 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:"Lost a band member" might be, but bands can often find someone in the meantime; they've done so before.

I agree with you.

And sometimes even bands that Split-up come back for a show :lol:

Please, Anacrusis & Cripper...
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:48 pm

How about this? :P

DEFINITELY OUT - Touring, not touring, breaking up, etc :)
    At The Gates - Touring
    Amorphis - touring
    Behemoth - Touring
    Gravedigger - touring
    Jinjer - touring
    Morgoth - inactive until further notice due to differences and stuff
    Soilwork - touring
    Wisdom - taking a break

OUT? - only because so-and-so said so, or maybe they are recording
    Avantasia - Tobi says no
    Devin Townsend - Devy says no
    Overkill - only because they said they are recording around cruise time

OUT? - only because of band member losses
    Tyr - Terji has left the band, not ruling them out but... (and he has been replaced already)

OUT? - All bands from MORC 2019 (dates are 3 weeks after 70K, so cannot rule them out completely) including:
    DAD
    Danger Danger
    Extreme
    King's X
    Pink Cream 69
    Queensryche
    Saxon
    Skid Row

OUT - Any bands announced for Shiprocked 2019 (as it returns the day 70k sails)

OUT - All bands from 70k 2018 (because, that's the way it is, baby)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Yes, yes...
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote:OUT? - All bands from MORC 2019 (dates are 3 weeks after 70K, so cannot rule them out completely)

If that's a criteria, then Turisas and Trollfest are out as well. They start a European tour on Feb 21
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:28 am

Gratch wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:OUT? - All bands from MORC 2019 (dates are 3 weeks after 70K, so cannot rule them out completely)

If that's a criteria, then Turisas and Trollfest are out as well. They start a European tour on Feb 21

Nah that wouldn't rule them out.

Ruling out Monsters of Rock bands because there MAY be an exclusivity clause in their contract - ie 'cannot do another US-based cruise in close proximity to ours' type of thing.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:51 pm

Demons&Wizards: the Wacken website says "For their onyl festival appearance in 2019", so no boat.
    https://www.wacken.com/en/news/news/news-detail/the-first-bands-for-wacken-open-air-2019/
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Godflesh wrote:Demons&Wizards: the Wacken website says "For their onyl festival appearance in 2019", so no boat.
    https://www.wacken.com/en/news/news/news-detail/the-first-bands-for-wacken-open-air-2019/

Everything posted on Facebook says "only German festival appearance"
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:52 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:Demons&Wizards: the Wacken website says "For their onyl festival appearance in 2019", so no boat.

Everything posted on Facebook says "only German festival appearance"

Yeah considering everything else says otherwise, and that blurb has a typo, I'd ignore it. If D&W are on we'll know almost immediately when announcement start.
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:52 am

cowboy71 wrote:...
    Jinjer - touring
    Behemoth - Touring

Burning Witches - damn
    Jinjer - double damn
    Behemoth - triple daug damnit !!!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:30 am

Bob wrote:Behemoth - triple daug damnit !!!

Pssst, they'll be playing SLC on 11/14 (with At the Gates and Wolves in the Throne Room).

See you there.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:49 am

Gratch wrote:

Pssst, they'll be playing SLC on 11/14 (with At the Gates and Wolves in the Throne Room).

See you there.

Thanks for the update!

Yeah, but just not the same as being topside at midnight with the wind howling, smoke stacks billowing black in the background, having an epiphany that I'm on a boat going STRAIGHT TO HELL, haha!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:16 am

Bob wrote:
    Gratch wrote:

See you there.

Thanks for the update!

Yeah, but just not the same as being topside at midnight with the wind howling, smoke stacks billowing black in the background, having an epiphany that I'm on a boat going STRAIGHT TO HELL, haha!

--And the screen behind the band totally black, no band logo on it. Only band I've seen do that.

That was the moment I realized "Well, shit. I'm gonna HAVE to do this again next year."
    2025 Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:23 am

cowboy71 wrote:How about this? :P

If the other music cruise just happened to sail from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami they could technically play both...just hop off, travel over and check in again. Shiprocked is out of Galveston TX, though, so, yes: Ruled Out. So let it be written, so let it be done. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:15 pm

Not a definite yes or no, but 2019 is probably our last chance to see UFO on the boat, after having received Michael Schenker and Uli Jon Roth:
    https://piercingmetal.com/breaking-ufos-phil-mogg-will-retire-after-50th-anniversary-tour-in-2019/
    “Phil Mogg has confirmed that next year’s 50th anniversary tour with UFO will be his last as the frontman of the long-running hard rock band. “
    “There will be a final tour of the UK and we will also play some shows in selected other cities that the band has a strong connection with. But outside of the UK this won’t be a long tour.”

No dates announced for 2019 so far.

There’s another band doing a 50th tour anniversary next year, but I don’t remember which. Starts with a “J”, I reckon :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Jill Janus has committed suicide so that rules Huntress out :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:10 pm

DEFINITELY OUT - Touring, not touring, breaking up, etc :)
    At The Gates - Touring
    Amorphis - touring
    Behemoth - Touring
    Gravedigger - touring
    Jinjer - touring
    Soilwork - touring
    Wisdom - taking a break

Avantasia - Tobi says no

Huntress - Lead singer has passed away :(
    Tyr - Terji has left the band, not ruling them out but... (and he has been replaced already)

OUT? - All bands from MORC 2019 (dates are 3 weeks after 70K, so cannot rule them out completely) including:
    DAD
    Danger Danger
    Extreme
    King's X
    Pink Cream 69
    Queensryche
    Saxon
    Skid Row

Last edited by cowboy71 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:01 am

cowboy71 wrote:DEFINITELY OUT - Touring, not touring, breaking up, etc :)
    At The Gates - Touring
    Amorphis - touring
    Behemoth - Touring
    Gravedigger - touring
    Jinjer - touring
    Soilwork - touring
    Wisdom - taking a break

Avantasia - Tobi says no
    Huntress - Lead singer has passed away :(

DAD
    Danger Danger
    Extreme
    King's X
    Pink Cream 69
    Queensryche
    Saxon
    Skid Row

Huntress are unfortunately located on the wrong category on this list.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:22 am

Have the rest of Huntress said the band are no more though?

I mean, they could get a new singer and carry on could they not? Unlikely, true. But...
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:33 am

cowboy71 wrote:Have the rest of Huntress said the band are no more though?

I mean, they could get a new singer and carry on could they not? Unlikely, true. But...

I think bodomdragon means category could be "OUT? - only because of band member losses" instead of "OUT? - only because so-and-so said so, or maybe they are recording"
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:25 am

FinnPete wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Have the rest of Huntress said the band are no more though?

I think bodomdragon means category could be "OUT? - only because of band member losses" instead of "OUT? - only because so-and-so said so, or maybe they are recording"

Correct.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:28 am

Amazed by what Shiprocked just did. They announced bands with the following message:

Well, since it seems a few of our bands of outlaws couldn't wait to draw their guns, we'll just go ahead and make #SOON be NOW... #giddyup

Here is your SRX Lineup Roundup!

In your damn face, UMC.
    Wishlist:

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:44 am

bodomdragon wrote:Amazed by what Shiprocked just did. They announced bands with the following message:

Well, since it seems a few of our bands of outlaws couldn't wait to draw their guns, we'll just go ahead and make #SOON be NOW... #giddyup

In your damn face, UMC.

"SUICIDAL TENDENCIES"
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!
    WTF ARE THEY DOING ON THIS PIECE OF SHIT CRUISE, INSTEAD OF 70000TONS?

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:22 am

Godflesh wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Amazed by what Shiprocked just did. They announced bands with the following message:

In your damn face, UMC.

"SUICIDAL TENDENCIES"
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!
    WTF ARE THEY DOING ON THIS PIECE OF SHIT CRUISE, INSTEAD OF 70000TONS?

And lo, Godflesh was the first of the optimistic cruisers to lose hope.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:41 am

In your damn face, UMC.

Just looked at the Shiprocked lineup, and outside of ST (who I only kinda like anyways), there's not a single band on there I'd be interested in seeing.

That makes me more than a little relieved. I was afraid they'd be stealing someone good from 70K.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
  • Post Reply 292 posts