Post Reply 383 posts
2019 Rumors and Predictions
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: 2019 Rumors and Predictions

by Godflesh » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:10 pm

cowboy71 wrote:From Facebook, 12 hours ago:
    70000tons "We know there's a longer wait this year but don't worry :) All is well!"

Obviously they wouldn't ever come out and say "Things are doomed! No cruise next year! KTHANXBAI!". But the tone of the response does indicate to me all is well.

If things were all going to hell in the background I dont think they would bother to respond in such an affirmative manner, if at all.

Just my 2 cents worth.

They also said: "We get your frustration guys, we're on it!"
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:29 pm

And why did they update the Barge To Hell cover photo on FB on April 19, when nobody had posted there in 2 years, but not the 70K cruise?
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:37 am

In all massive bouts of honesty, I wasn't convinced it was cancelled.

But I am scratching my intelligence centre wondering what the bloody heck is the delay here.

Aren't we all? Yep!

Can't/won't book flights until I see a line up beginning.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:41 am

cowboy71 wrote:From Facebook, 12 hours ago:
    70000tons "We know there's a longer wait this year but don't worry :) All is well!"

Obviously they wouldn't ever come out and say "Things are doomed! No cruise next year! KTHANXBAI!". But the tone of the response does indicate to me all is well.

If things were all going to hell in the background I dont think they would bother to respond in such an affirmative manner, if at all.

Just my 2 cents worth.

People on social media are doing their job. Period. Don't expect them to provide any substantial information about what's going on, good or bad. I honestly don't think anything bad is going on, that's just how UMC handle things.

And, anyway, just like in any other company, don't expect all the employees to have all the information. That is, don't expect the social media person to know what's going on behind the curtain or when is Andy planning to release the first announcements. Because chances are he doesn't have a clue. But he still has to do his job.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:06 am

70K has never committed to starting announcements in the first week of July. We just expect that because it has happened the past 3 years. If there is anything I've learned since I started attending, it is to expect the unexpected. Every year they do something that causes everyone to panic. Last year, everyone was panicking because it was the first time they had taken until September to open Public Sales. 2013 (2014 cruise) was the 5 month gap after 15 announcements. For the 2016 cruise, everyone thought we weren't getting the last 15 bands and perhaps the cruise was canceled. The only thing that is predictable is that the cruise always happens as scheduled, and everyone always seems to have a great time.

At this point, we are only 2 weeks past the average first announcement date of the last 3 years. Would it really seem that far off from 'normal' if announcements started in early August?
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:41 am

Downvod wrote:70K has never committed to starting announcements in the first week of July. We just expect that because it has happened the past 3 years. If there is anything I've learned since I started attending, it is to expect the unexpected. Every year they do something that causes everyone to panic. Last year, everyone was panicking because it was the first time they had taken until September to open Public Sales. 2013 (2014 cruise) was the 5 month gap after 15 announcements. For the 2016 cruise, everyone thought we weren't getting the last 15 bands and perhaps the cruise was canceled. The only thing that is predictable is that the cruise always happens as scheduled, and everyone always seems to have a great time.

At this point, we are only 2 weeks past the average first announcement date of the last 3 years. Would it really seem that far off from 'normal' if announcements started in early August?

That is all true, and you likely correct. I think people are concerned because of the following

1) The video recaps for the last 2 days of the cruise were never release. No 70,000 Tons TV Activity
    2) No purging of the old bands on the artist page
    3) No real updating of much of anything, though their have been occasional generic things release, so not total silence..but close

You are right, probably this is just Andy being Andy and in a few months we will joke about how he left us hanging for so long. That being said, better communication on the part of UMC would not kill them. I would be happy with just replacing the Artist page with the 'Soon' message. It would at least show someone is minding the fort.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:42 am

The concern I have is that this year is there are other head scratching things going on with UMC...

1) The 2019 Megathread has yet to be created. This is usually done early in the year! This takes no effort and there is no reason why this has not been done yet.
    2) Where are the day 3 & day 4 video recaps for 2018?
    3) 70k on Youtube has not been as active as it usually is. They have not posted any new videos since the day 2 recap 4 months ago. Usually they are posting videos every month or 2. I did the Hammerfall interview for 70k in June and have yet to hear anything from them about the posting of this or even a comment regarding the video that was submitted to them.

Even though they keep throwing us a bone (Survivor Tips) on Facebook from time to time things are just too darn quiet.

Now if they would simply announce Amon Amarth and Dimmu Borgir then all will be forgiven!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:50 am

slayergeek wrote:2) No purging of the old bands on the artist page

I forgot to list this. I was talking with my oldest son on the phone yesterday and he said he was looking into 70K 2019 but thought the lineup was not strong enough to make that big of commitment. I had to tell him that was this years lineup and that next years has yet to be announced.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:56 am

All signs point to a logistical issue. I have friends who run events for my province, and when they run into problems, they have to leave people hanging. While they can usually get it working for the year, the NEXT year has some changes. So while 2019 is, I'd say, 90% likely to go ahead without a hitch, 2020 may have some substantial changes in store. Which we were pretty sure it was going to anyway, since it's Round 10.

I'm worried, but I worry about everything. Worst case, I'll plan a trip to the UK next year instead. But yeah, I don't book flights, hotels, even time off work until I have a ticket.

Godflesh wrote:And why did they update the Barge To Hell cover photo on FB on April 19, when nobody had posted there in 2 years, but not the 70K cruise?

My friends think that the trademark/fanpage might be about to expire. So they had to do some sort of activity to keep it around.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:05 am

I honestly think they are having trouble getting bands to commit to all the hassles you have to go through to play with Visas etc.How many stories I read about bands stating how hard it is to get to USA (really since 9/11) but it has got harder every year.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:34 am

deathmetalpat wrote:I honestly think they are having trouble getting bands to commit to all the hassles you have to go through to play with Visas etc.How many stories I read about bands stating how hard it is to get to USA (really since 9/11) but it has got harder every year.

Okay, we've talked this topic to death, but my understanding (at least as of a year or two ago) is that visas were not strictly REQUIRED to play on 70,000 Tons of Metal. Not having them can make TSA a pain, but they weren't required. Has this changed recently under new administration?

That being said, I do not blame any bands that don't want to bother going through America these days. I'm not particularly excited to do it myself.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:36 am

Maybe they are working on a whole new webpage behind the scenes? One of the complaints the past couple of years has been the severely outdated website.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:38 am

Phoenix wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:I honestly think they are having trouble getting bands to commit to all the hassles you have to go through to play with Visas etc.How many stories I read about bands stating how hard it is to get to USA (really since 9/11) but it has got harder every year.

Okay, we've talked this topic to death, but my understanding (at least as of a year or two ago) is that visas were not strictly REQUIRED to play on 70,000 Tons of Metal. Not having them can make TSA a pain, but they weren't required. Has this changed recently under new administration?

That being said, I do not blame any bands that don't want to bother going through America these days. I'm not particularly excited to do it myself.

They are not required to have a working visa. They do need a tourist one, to my understanding.

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Godflesh wrote:You can do your band shopping here: http://www.celebritytalent.net/sampletalent/index.php?term=Metal&search=
    The biggest we almost had was GOJIRA at $40,000+, so I’d say that’s our max budget for one band, or close.
    MEGADETH and JUDAS PRIEST are at $150,000+.
    SLAYER was at $30,000 on that list in 2014, but now it’s $150,000+ too.
    You can also forget BABYMETAL.

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES is still affordable at $25,000+!

But I think in some cases, bands will perform on the cruise for less than their usual guarantee, because you also factor in the cost of cruise fare (and maybe travel) for the band members, the chance to perform in front of a global audience, and...hey, it's a vacation for them, too. :)
    A lot depends on how much control the band can exert over their agents (and vice-versa) when it comes to setting fees and maybe "making a deal."
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I'm guessing there are logistic issues going on in the background somewhere.

Maybe about the construction/location of the stage on the newly refurbed ship?

Mmmm, maybe, but I didn't notice anything too different about the layout and structure in the (admittedly few) photos I've seen of the pool deck post-refurb. Aside from the shortening of the dreaded Orange Columns of Death.
    Maybe around coming up with a 'fairer' system to do the bookings?

Now THIS, I think, is a lot more likely. Unless it's "just Andy being Andy." :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:51 pm

Pellaz wrote: Unless it's "just Andy being Andy." :shock:

Internally, my idea is that he's just giving us two months of silence up front. So by that logic we should expect announcements mid September at the latest.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:33 pm

IMO, they’re still trying to adapt to the remodeling:
    - Can they offer more tickets due to the extra (100+) cabins? You can’t open sales until you know how many tickets you have to sell. Also, more huge suites might attract bigger bands.
    - Do the modifications significantly alter the stages? For example, the laser tag arena is inflatable on top of the ice rink, does that affect the venue there? Can’t book bands until you know how many stages you have, and how big they are.
    - Can they use the new bars and spaces to host special events like acoustic shows or lessons?
    Etc...

If even part of this is true, that’s enough to explain the silence for me, because you don’t discuss internal business matters with customers, and the only date announced is the date of the cruise.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pm

That's some very good insight there godflesh.

Good points all.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:28 pm

They also could be working on a booking system that is actually able to let people book and put a deposit on a cabin (like almost every other music cruise does ).You would probably start by making an actual account with a password and then putting in your booking code.At some point they have to start doing this because the current system is a total mess to deal with for the 70k offices.
    Last edited by deathmetalpat on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:29 pm

It is interesting to compare the new layout of the Independence (as on the RC website) to the OLD one, as is still on the 70k site.

New:
    https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-s ... ns/1836/02

Old:
    https://70000tons.com/deck-plans/deck-2/

LOTS of changes.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:03 pm

For those interested, here are the key changes as I see them:
    Deck 2 - lots of new interior rooms
    Deck 3 - Interior cabins replacing Labyrinth, new interiors around photo/art gallery
    Deck 4 - new eatery, new bar & arcade
    Deck 5 - changes to bars and eateries
    Deck 6 - couple of new staterooms (6716 and 6416)
    Decks 7-10 - no noticeable changes
    Deck 11 - Couple of new cabins ON THE SAME DECK AS THE POOL STAGE(!!)
    Deck 12 - Bunch of new cabins
    Deck 13 - changes to attractions
    Deck 14 - new "Olive or Twist"
    Deck 15 - Escape Room replaces chapel
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:57 am

cowboy71 wrote:Deck 15 - Escape Room replaces chapel

I really like this change in particular :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:32 am

cowboy71 wrote:It is interesting to compare the new layout of the Independence (as on the RC website) to the OLD one, as is still on the 70k site.

New:
    https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-s ... ns/1836/02

Old:
    https://70000tons.com/deck-plans/deck-2/

LOTS of changes.

Sweet--How much are Pool Deck cabins??

lol
    Are we all 100% sure we're on Independence and not on another ship??
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:38 am

That's what Andy said during the pressers in February. We'd be on the Independence another year.

I think I'm right - I think they're having trouble ironing out logistics (How many cabins they can sell and which ones, which of the new amenities they will close, what the new stages will look like, stuff like that) and can't post news just yet.

It's frustrating, because I'd much rather Andy not wait until they got that all done before he does activity. I'd prefer he open the megathread, start it with "Hang Tight, the Independence makeover is forcing us to revise some things" than give us nothing.

It's not that I don't believe in Andy. I just don't like his methods.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:14 am

With the exception of The Labyrinth disappearing the rest of the ship's 70k music venues have only had name changes and maybe some change in decorations. Layout is the same as before. The cabins added to the pool deck are in the spa at the front of the ship. Does not impact the pool/stage area.

These changes had been in the plans for a long time so I can't imagine that ship logistics would be causing a delay now.

I have 2 theories...

1) He has booked a/some huge band(s) and is not in any hurry to announce since he has guaranteed himself a sellout or
    2) He is having trouble booking bands worth announcing first.

While a ton of cabins were added during the dry dock that does not automatically mean more tickets will be sold. Passenger capacity is based on lifeboat capacity. Cabins are zoned to specific lifeboats. Once enough passengers are booked to fill a lifeboat the unoccupied cabins in that zone will not be used.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:20 am

Strangely for the first time I'm not nervous haha
    All is going to work out perfectly as usual
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Phoenix wrote:That's what Andy said during the pressers in February. We'd be on the Independence another year.

I think I'm right - I think they're having trouble ironing out logistics (How many cabins they can sell and which ones, which of the new amenities they will close, what the new stages will look like, stuff like that) and can't post news just yet.

The changes to the venues appear to be minimal (except for the reduction of the Orange Columns of Doom on the pool deck, hooray). It could be related to more staterooms available, but......
    It's frustrating, because I'd much rather Andy not wait until they got that all done before he does activity. I'd prefer he open the megathread, start it with "Hang Tight, the Independence makeover is forcing us to revise some things" than give us nothing.

THIS. Exactly this. I mean, how much trouble would it be to do that?

And even if there are logistical "ship" issues, he could still announce the first wave of bands...assuming he's gotten something to announce by now...less than 200 days before the festival. :shock:
    It's not that I don't believe in Andy. I just don't like his methods.

Bingo.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:10 pm

mbob wrote:I have 2 theories...

1) He has booked a/some huge band(s) and is not in any hurry to announce since he has guaranteed himself a sellout or
    2) He is having trouble booking bands worth announcing first.

The problem with #1 is that, the longer he waits to get the process started, the less time the folks at UMC have to actually get the "behind the curtain" shit done. Sending out booking codes, processing booking requests, making arrangements for the artists (pay-to-play? stateroom only? Appearance fee? Travel expenses? etc.), hiring volunteers, etc.
    If it's #2, well...... We all know about #2. :D

While a ton of cabins were added during the dry dock that does not automatically mean more tickets will be sold. Passenger capacity is based on lifeboat capacity. Cabins are zoned to specific lifeboats. Once enough passengers are booked to fill a lifeboat the unoccupied cabins in that zone will not be used.

Oh, they'll be used, alright.

For additional reserve beer storage. :lol:

(Not even kidding.)
    2025 Wishlist:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:23 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    mbob wrote:While a ton of cabins were added during the dry dock that does not automatically mean more tickets will be sold. Passenger capacity is based on lifeboat capacity. Cabins are zoned to specific lifeboats. Once enough passengers are booked to fill a lifeboat the unoccupied cabins in that zone will not be used.

(Not even kidding.)

I had a cabin across from one of those beer storage rooms in 2015.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:11 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:
    mbob wrote:While a ton of cabins were added during the dry dock that does not automatically mean more tickets will be sold. Passenger capacity is based on lifeboat capacity. Cabins are zoned to specific lifeboats. Once enough passengers are booked to fill a lifeboat the unoccupied cabins in that zone will not be used.

(Not even kidding.)

I had a cabin across from one of those beer storage rooms in 2015.

Was it a balcony, oceanview or interior? :beerwink:

At least they were probably quiet neighbors. --Probably. You never know what internecine battles might break out between, say, Fosters and Corona. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:I had a cabin across from one of those beer storage rooms in 2015.

Was it a balcony, oceanview or interior? :beerwink:

At least they were probably quiet neighbors. --Probably. You never know what internecine battles might break out between, say, Fosters and Corona. :lol:

The beer storage room was an interior room on deck 2 that year
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Death tattoo guy
    Oiler

by Death tattoo guy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:04 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Adding Angra :P

Amorphis - they love the cruise
    Angra - because, Fabio
    Annihilator - seem to do it practically every other year
    Borknagar - everyone expected them to be on in 2018
    Dragony - lead singer on as a cruiser in 2018
    Ensiferum - due for a return
    Evenmore - singer was on board in 2018
    Ex Libris - lead singer posted on Facebook that she'd love to return
    Ne Obliviscaris - because, NeO
    Moonspell - due for a return
    Mors Principium Est - because, Phoenix :P :)
    Overkill - seem to do it practically every other year
    Persefone - because, Persefone
    Rage of Light - singer was on board in 2018
    Scour - due to the bikini facebook ad prior to 2018 cruise
    Thaurorod - band members on as regular cruisers in 2018
    Therion - they love boat
    Visions of Atlantis - male singer on as a cruiser in 2018
    Vital Remains - lead singer on as a cruiser in 2018

Brian from Vital Remains was also on the first cruise,Barge To Hell(performing with VR),and 2015

I spoke with Brittany from Unleash The Archers at their gig here in 2015 and she said they REALLY want to play the cruise. Whole band was very interested. And a NA tour coming,too.
    Symphony X has been a rumor for the last few years.
    10 Wishlist bands I've never seen live:
    Decadence
    The Halo Effect
    Aephanemer
    Nagasaki Sunrise
    Inhuman Condition
    Burning Witches
    Crystal Viper
    Frozen Crown
    Jenner
    Sorcerer

Survivor: Barge To Hell,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019, 2020, 2023
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:52 am

Death tattoo guy wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Adding Angra :P

Amorphis - they love the cruise
    Angra - because, Fabio
    Annihilator - seem to do it practically every other year
    Borknagar - everyone expected them to be on in 2018
    Dragony - lead singer on as a cruiser in 2018
    Ensiferum - due for a return
    Evenmore - singer was on board in 2018
    Ex Libris - lead singer posted on Facebook that she'd love to return
    Ne Obliviscaris - because, NeO
    Moonspell - due for a return
    Mors Principium Est - because, Phoenix :P :)
    Overkill - seem to do it practically every other year
    Persefone - because, Persefone
    Rage of Light - singer was on board in 2018
    Scour - due to the bikini facebook ad prior to 2018 cruise
    Thaurorod - band members on as regular cruisers in 2018
    Therion - they love boat
    Visions of Atlantis - male singer on as a cruiser in 2018
    Vital Remains - lead singer on as a cruiser in 2018

Brian from Vital Remains was also on the first cruise,Barge To Hell(performing with VR),and 2015

I spoke with Brittany from Unleash The Archers at their gig here in 2015 and she said they REALLY want to play the cruise. Whole band was very interested. And a NA tour coming,too.
    Symphony X has been a rumor for the last few years.

Symphony X has been dormant for the last couple years man. Not sure where the rumors would have been coming from. Michael Romeo recently said that the band is on hold while they wait for Russell to gather himself. He seemed to indicate that Russell wasn’t 100% sure if he could do it anymore (due to the tragedy with Adrenaline Mob).

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:38 am

Downvod wrote:Symphony X has been dormant for the last couple years man. Not sure where the rumors would have been coming from. Michael Romeo recently said that the band is on hold while they wait for Russell to gather himself. He seemed to indicate that Russell wasn’t 100% sure if he could do it anymore (due to the tragedy with Adrenaline Mob).

From earlier this year: http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/symphony-x-hopes-to-release-a-new-album-either-this-year-or-next-year

Not sure where cruise rumors are coming from, though. It also sounds like Michael Romeo's solo album will do a fair job of filling that Symphony X void for a bit, given the few songs I've heard.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:48 am

Speaking of Symph X....I was in Montreal, Quebec one evening, think it was 2007 if I recall....mighta been on the other visit....anyway, had no idea whatsoever they were in town that very night.
    Me and my friend, we watched Stargate: Atlantis or something, about 9 episodes in a row....wasn't unitl some other friend did one of those "just saw Symph X in Montreal, was awesome' sorta posts.....we were like.....W t F?
    Talk about dopes! haha

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:02 pm

asked Angra's guitarist Rafael Bittencourt about playing 70k next year in his facebook livestream, he said 'can't say anything, but hopefuly'

Since Lione is there every year and Angra just released their new album, that would be a good bet.
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote:For those interested, here are the key changes as I see them:
    Deck 3 - Interior cabins replacing Labyrinth, new interiors around photo/art gallery

Went back and had another look at the plans and noticed two staterooms on deck 6 - as noted above, 6716 and 6416:

https://70000tons.com/deck-plans/deck-6/

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-s ... ns/1836/06

Wondering..... are they new? Or were they just not listed on the 70k deck plans because they got re-purposed or were reserved?

Just seemed a little odd to me!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:15 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Went back and had another look at the plans and noticed two staterooms on deck 6 - as noted above, 6716 and 6416:

Wondering..... are they new? Or were they just not listed on the 70k deck plans because they got re-purposed or were reserved?

I used to be one giant suite, with space for up to 14 people, that was blocked by 70k for whatever reason. After refurb it was split into two standard family suites like the ones on decks 8 and 9.

Edit:
    You can still see the "Villa Suite" on the Freedom deck plan:
    https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-s ... ns/1821/06
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:05 am

The public areas at the aft elevators were converted into 4 new cabins on decks 6, 7, 8 & 10.

Deck 5 - The cigar bar (Connoisseur Club) is gone and is now the library.

cowboy71 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:For those interested, here are the key changes as I see them:

2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:29 am

Actually, since we're talking about the new ship, did I read these plans wrong or did the Café on the Promenade get removed? Couldn't find it when I looked at the plans on RC's website.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Post Reply 383 posts