Post Reply 383 posts
2019 Rumors and Predictions
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: 2019 Rumors and Predictions

by Memnoch » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:26 am

Swallow the Sun announced their new album and shows in Finland starting suspiciously on February 7th. Maybe they're the next S band? They were the first band to play three sets, so it would make sense (in the 70k way of making sense) that they are the first back to back band on 70k.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:38 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:27 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:49 pm While I'm kinda expecting Solstafir, I've heard some rumors about Septic Flesh (or is it SepticFlesh, or maybe Septicflesh? ) as well. :headbanger:
    Septic was on this year =( oh well
    Crud, I forgot. (And I even SAW 'em.)
    If only there was a list of 70k bands and which years they've performed--
    --Oh, wait. I made one.
    And didn't check it.
    (hangs head in shame)
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:32 pm

Going to add Arsis
    touring with Ensiferum into Tampa on the 29th and have not played the cruise since the 1st one
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:56 pm

Azazel101 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:32 pm Going to add Arsis
    touring with Ensiferum into Tampa on the 29th and have not played the cruise since the 1st one
    I’d take it.
    But a couple years ago there was a show in Miami called “Pre-cruise show” or something a day or two before embarkation, with a couple of known bands as well as some lesser known, and none of them ended up on the boat.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Azazel101 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:32 pm Going to add Arsis
    Yipes, I hope not.
    I like Arsis a lot...but their current guitarist is also my 3rd person in our triple stateroom on the boat! :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:42 am

Pellaz wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:56 pm Yipes, I hope not.
    I like Arsis a lot...but their current guitarist is also my 3rd person in our triple stateroom on the boat! :lol:
    Taylor is going? If so, nice !! :headbanger:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:59 am

D.T. Metal wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:42 am
    Yep. I had an open slot in my booking and he grabbed it.
    --And then along came the Arsis tour.... :twisted:

If Andy doesn't book Arsis, he could do worse than booking Paladin. Either way, Taylor wins! :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:05 pm

"Rhapsody Reunion" are now known as "Turilli / Lione Rhapsody" and are crowd funding a new album.

Are they a different band and therefore can perform in 2019? :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:05 pm "Rhapsody Reunion" are now known as "Turilli / Lione Rhapsody" and are crowd funding a new album.

Are they a different band and therefore can perform in 2019? :P
    I say yes :)
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:47 pm

Wind Rose wrote:We are more than proud to announce that we are part of the Hard Impact Music family, artist management for great bands like Kataklysm, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Septicflesh, Carach Angren, Ex Deo.

A BIG announcement will follow SOON
    Given multiple of those bands have been on 70K before, and the use of SOON, I'm gonna say Wind Rose are a possibility.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:27 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:13 pm Word on the street is that Sinsaenum will be announced next.
    zerkz
    Oiler

by zerkz » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:23 am

Pellaz wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:59 am

If Andy doesn't book Arsis, he could do worse than booking Paladin. Either way, Taylor wins! :lol:
    Aw, does this mean Brandon Ellis quit?
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:51 pm

zerkz wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:23 am
    Pellaz wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:59 am

Aw, does this mean Brandon Ellis quit?
    I'm not certain, but I don't think he's out: Metal-Archives is still showing him as an active member, and it has also been updated to show Taylor as a "current live musician" for them.
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:29 pm

That K better be for Keep of Kalessin
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:52 am

cegr80 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:29 pm That K better be for Keep of Kalessin
    I'd really LOVE to see them back on the boat.

But, based on Andy's "K"een observation clue and the fact that Seventh Wonder postponed their show that had ruled them out for 70K, I'm thinking it's Kamelot. Which is also fine with me.
    2025 Wishlist:
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:28 am

I was told a couple of weeks ago that all bands have been booked. And that one of those bands starts with a W and ends in an intersun...

Obviously take this with a pinch of salt but it’s from a pretty solid source
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:37 am

ollyhills wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:28 am I was told a couple of weeks ago that all bands have been booked. And that one of those bands starts with a W and ends in an intersun...

When I saw them in New York I asked Jari if they were going to be on 70k. He responded with a big smile, a slight head nod and a "we'll see"
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:00 am

Wintersun would make me EXTREMELY happy! :beerwink:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:36 am

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:37 am
    ollyhills wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:28 am I was told a couple of weeks ago that all bands have been booked. And that one of those bands starts with a W and ends in an intersun...

When I saw them in New York I asked Jari if they were going to be on 70k. He responded with a big smile, a slight head nod and a "we'll see"
    Yes pleeeeeease!
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:53 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:37 am

That would make my GF (and me) very happy :bangers:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    taraimaro
    Oiler

by taraimaro » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:10 pm

Well it would make sense to have all the bands booked weeks before the event because just like us passengers the bands need to make travel arrangements etc. Maybe some local Florida bands could be booked at last minute, but I think it'd be difficult for many bands to travel half across the globe on a few days notice. :D Of course there can always be cancellations, but that's another thing. I'd be happy to have Wintersun on board, I haven't seen them very many times.
    2017 - survivor
    2018 - survivor
    2019 - survivor
    2020 - survivor
    2023 - survivor
    2024 - survivor
    2025 - I wanna go already!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:20 am

--Which is funny because when W-intersun played before, they were booked the Sunday before the cruise and were announced during the beach-party the night before embark.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:20 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:25 am I had a dream the T announcement was Thy Antichrist. I asked Scott a few weeks ago when TBDM was announced if that T was going to be them and he said "not this announcement" so maybe we have something here?
    Bump
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:33 pm

How would Andy announce a clue for a band such as 1349? Would he say the beginning letter of the number like 'T'hirteen? Anybody remember something from the past and how it was done?
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:11 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:33 pm How would Andy announce a clue for a band such as 1349? Would he say the beginning letter of the number like 'T'hirteen? Anybody remember something from the past and how it was done?
    That's a damn good question. 1349 is the only number-named band that has been on the boat
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:38 pm

Uhhh, my memory is hazy. It was either a part of three, or a "T". Can't remember.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:46 pm

Phoenix wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:38 pm Uhhh, my memory is hazy. It was either a part of three, or a "T". Can't remember.
    They were listed up the top of the artist list, before the A:

https://70000tons.com/history/line-up-stats-2015/

The clue that lead to them was not letter-related though:

"Our Scouting Party in Sweden had a dispute regarding what part of this vast country they should visit first. They decided to split into two groups: Half of them went North along the Swedish West Coast following a mysterious Black light all the way to the next country… Do you know what town they arrived in?"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:11 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:46 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:38 pm Uhhh, my memory is hazy. It was either a part of three, or a "T". Can't remember.
    They were listed up the top of the artist list, before the A:

https://70000tons.com/history/line-up-stats-2015/

The clue that lead to them was not letter-related though:

"Our Scouting Party in Sweden had a dispute regarding what part of this vast country they should visit first. They decided to split into two groups: Half of them went North along the Swedish West Coast following a mysterious Black light all the way to the next country… Do you know what town they arrived in?"
    the announcement before the official announcement of 1349 (a play on words, I hope it is understood), or rather, the announcement of Destruction, where they mention:
    Our German Scouting Party went all the way to the South of the country, only to find it in total Destruction. On 70000tons OF METAL 2015, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy #MetalCruise you will witness the legendary Teutonic Thrash Metal Trio bring total #DESTRUCTION to the Caribbean. Once on the way to Ocho Rios, #JAMAICA and once again on the way back! All these Scouting Parties, but where did the Holy Ship end up?

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5CC6546C
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:59 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:11 pm
    JoAnnamayhem wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:33 pm How would Andy announce a clue for a band such as 1349? Would he say the beginning letter of the number like 'T'hirteen? Anybody remember something from the past and how it was done?
    That's a damn good question. 1349 is the only number-named band that has been on the boat
    Wasn't 3 Inches of Blood on one year?
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:15 pm

ExtraneouS wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:59 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:11 pm
    Wasn't 3 Inches of Blood on one year?
    Yes, but WAY back, they did annoucements by country, so the letters/number didn't matter.
    I like the country announcements.. they were fun
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:29 pm

Yeah not sure how they would do numerical announcements?

We've had a Number of requests for this band.

Only "1"0 days left to sail. Who will be next??

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:50 am

ExtraneouS wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:59 pmWasn't 3 Inches of Blood on one year?
    You're absolutely right, they played in 2013. I was checking @cowboy71's list and he had it listed as Three Inches of Blood, but the correct band name starts with the number 3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:24 pm

cegr80 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:50 am
    ExtraneouS wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:59 pmWasn't 3 Inches of Blood on one year?
    You're absolutely right, they played in 2013. I was checking @cowboy71's list and he had it listed as Three Inches of Blood, but the correct band name starts with the number 3
    Ah yes I'll have to modify my list accordingly. They were listed on the 70k artists page right up the top before the As due to the 3.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:51 am

Today Brymir had a FB post entitled "Soon..." (it was about their new music video)
    I asked "70k tons of metal?" and they replied "That would be awesome :DD"

But yeah, if they were one of the last 9, they'd have been silent.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:59 pm

I lost the thread where I should post this but from Beast in Black FB pm: "No. We have been not been asked or booked to play there". Really? REALLY? So Beyond the Black then?
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:03 pm

So if Brymir and Beast in Black are supposedly out maybe we can get Be'lakor or Borknagor. MDF announced that this would be Borknagors first US appearance in like 10 years but technically the boat isn't US so maybe we got something there?
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:39 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:03 pm So if Brymir and Beast in Black are supposedly out maybe we can get Be'lakor or Borknagor. MDF announced that this would be Borknagors first US appearance in like 10 years but technically the boat isn't US so maybe we got something there?
    I'd be happy with either Be'lakor or Borknagar. I'd slightly prefer Be'lakor as I'll see Borknagar at MDF (pending no visa issues).
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:45 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:03 pm So if Brymir and Beast in Black are supposedly out maybe we can get Be'lakor or Borknagor. MDF announced that this would be Borknagors first US appearance in like 10 years but technically the boat isn't US so maybe we got something there?
    Knowing the way The Skipper operates, even if Beast in Black haven't been asked yet, it doesn't rule them out! :P :P :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:16 pm

How about the rumors that Ancient Bards is on board? The bass player (Martino Garattoni) plays with Ne Obliscaris

In addition, they release new album on January 25
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:39 pm

jeyrow wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:16 pm How about the rumors that Ancient Bards is on board? The bass player (Martino Garattoni) plays with Ne Obliscaris

In addition, they release new album on January 25
    Good call! So many others like that this year:

Exit Eden - Clem is on board already with Visions of Atlantis
    Trick or Treat - lead singer is already on board with Twilight Force
    Temperance - one of their singers is already on board with Visions of Atlantis
    Dragony - bassist already on board with Visions of Atlantis
    Cirith Ungol - bassist already on board with Night Demon
    Dalriada - Drummer already on with Tyr.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 383 posts