Post Reply 58 posts
When will sales open for 2019?
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: When will sales open for 2019?

by deathmetalpat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:28 pm

I wonder if the social media person for 70k is like every other Public Relations officer in any major company.They don’t know anything at all about the acts, dates,status of the ship etc. and are just giving talking points.That way the P.R. Person can make no actual leaks or mistakes in giving out real information.PR people are disinformation agents not informed conduits of actual inner workings of a corporate entity.Andy is the only person who posts real information.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:54 pm

Agreed. They don't know SHIT. :P

The Australian Dollar is on the rise against the greenback. For every 1 cent it rises, that's about $100 less a cabin will cost me.

So as long as it keeps rising I'm happy for all delays in bookings :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:59 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Agreed. They don't know SHIT. :P

The Australian Dollar is on the rise against the greenback. For every 1 cent it rises, that's about $100 less a cabin will cost me.

But planes... I already can’t find a schedule I like anymore for SEA->FLL, I might have to go to MIA instead.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:00 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Andy was the only person who used to post any real information.

Fixed that for you :evil:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:29 pm

Godflesh wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Agreed. They don't know SHIT. :P

But planes... I already can’t find a schedule I like anymore for SEA->FLL, I might have to go to MIA instead.

Planes I'm okay with too. In all the years I've been flying over for 70K, the cheapest time to book flights is usually around November :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    JoeRG0368
    Oiler

by JoeRG0368 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:41 am

has someone justified doubt on it that the cruise 2019 will start?

today - one year before - the reservation was already done!

but today it’s called only: reservation/booking starts soon and line-up announcement starts also soon
    Survivor
    2019 - Cabin 6221
    2023 - Cabin 9223
    2024 - Cabin 9230

Lieber stehend sterben, als kniend leben! :wank:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:52 pm

JoeRG0368 wrote:has someone justified doubt on it that the cruise 2019 will start?
    today - one year before - the reservation was already done!
    but today it’s called only: reservation/booking starts soon and line-up announcement starts also soon

I still think 70K will sail as scheduled in February...but I have to admit, my doubts are starting to grow. My erstwhile cabinmates and I think that if we don't hear anything by the start of September, it will be time to commit our 70K funds elsewhere.

As I mentioned in a different thread, "Survivors deciding to jump ship" could be exactly what the Skipper wants, to help newcomers have a chance to book. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    ymapazagain
    Oiler

by ymapazagain » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Quick question; my husband has been on the cruise twice, first playing in 2017 then just for fun with me in 2018. Any idea if this would give him silver status? Or would it need to be two years having purchased a ticket?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:02 pm

ymapazagain wrote:Quick question; my husband has been on the cruise twice, first playing in 2017 then just for fun with me in 2018. Any idea if this would give him silver status? Or would it need to be two years having purchased a ticket?

That is an interesting question! I guess only other artists that have done the same could answer definitively.

But the wording of the early booking emails has said previously "You've already sailed with us three or more times? Wow! "

Note the wording "sailed with". So as hubby has sailed twice, then that should mean he would be classed as Silver.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    ymapazagain
    Oiler

by ymapazagain » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:17 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Note the wording "sailed with". So as hubby has sailed twice, then that should mean he would be classed as Silver.

Hopefully! We're wanting to get a cabin together this time (rather than 2 single tickets) which would be much more likely if he's got silver status. Fingers crossed!
  • Kiiku
    Wiper

by Kiiku » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:49 am

This year they are certainly taking their time with the sales. I am not that worried about lack of announcements, what worries me is that usually you have to pay quite a big chunk of money in advance to "hire" a cruise vessel and unless UMcruises is rolling in it, how will they pay hire when there haven't sold any tickets?
    :bitch:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:32 pm

Lots of info on full-ship charters here: http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com ... rter-faqs/

So, if you have a pile of cash lying around, it's time to book an entire ship! :twisted:

Edited to add: UMC must have the available cash on hand, or have a contractual variance with Royal. From Royal Caribbean's charter FAQ:

"Option 1: Staggered Payments with Letter of Credit
    •An Irrevocable Stand-By Letter of Credit in place at contract signing
    •10% of charter rate and pre-paid gratuities at contract signing
    •30% of charter rate and pre-paid gratuities at 7 months prior to sailing
    •30% of charter rate and pre-paid gratuities at 5 months prior to sailing
    •30% of charter rate and pre-paid gratuities at 3 months prior to sailing

Option 2: Payment in Full at Contract Signing – No Letter of Credit
    •100% of charter rate and pre-paid gratuities at contract signing
    •Interest credit earned to be provided as a shipboard credit on the chartered sailing.
    •Payment is non-refundable."
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Pellaz wrote:Lots of info on full-ship charters here: http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com ... rter-faqs/

So, if you have a pile of cash lying around, it's time to book an entire ship! :twisted:

Edited to add: UMC must have the available cash on hand, or have a contractual variance with Royal. From Royal Caribbean's charter FAQ:

"Option 1: Staggered Payments with Letter of Credit
    •An Irrevocable Stand-By Letter of Credit in place at contract signing
    •10% of charter rate and pre-paid gratuities at contract signing
    •30% of charter rate and pre-paid gratuities at 7 months prior to sailing
    •30% of charter rate and pre-paid gratuities at 5 months prior to sailing
    •30% of charter rate and pre-paid gratuities at 3 months prior to sailing

Option 2: Payment in Full at Contract Signing – No Letter of Credit
    •100% of charter rate and pre-paid gratuities at contract signing
    •Interest credit earned to be provided as a shipboard credit on the chartered sailing.
    •Payment is non-refundable."

And in case you're curious and feel too lazy to look it up, the price range for chartering our boat is $1,800,000 – $2,800,000.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:54 pm

So UMC had to pay 30% on 6/30, and will have to pay 30% again on 8/31, without a single cent of revenue in-between.
    Wow, whatever prevented them from offering sales between those dates as in the last 7 years, that must be HUGE.
    Unless of course they paid in advance via separate financing.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:45 pm

The cancellation policy is actually more telling
    ‘Unlike a large group contract, there is no provision in the Full Ship Charter Agreement that allows for cancellation of the program and/or for any number of staterooms. A client cannot choose to change to a Half Ship Charter or a group once signed as a charter.’
    My guess is UMC has the funds to pay in full,especially since they get an inkind payment back in the form of on ship credit.BTW ,if they don’t have any bills to pay actually having cash in a money market account ‘costs” people in some cases ,there is a such thing as a negative interest rate.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:06 pm

bodomdragon wrote:And in case you're curious and feel too lazy to look it up, the price range for chartering our boat is $1,800,000 – $2,800,000.

*Does some quick math*
    *Considers sponsors, festival merch, and any other split agreements UMC may have with Royal*

... Huh. Seems like sort of a lean operation, honestly.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:11 am

Yup and when you consider all the operating costs of UMC...... Paying wages, rent, flying around to festivals etc....

YIKES.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:35 am

Pellaz wrote:
    JoeRG0368 wrote:As I mentioned in a different thread, "Survivors deciding to jump ship" could be exactly what the Skipper wants, to help newcomers have a chance to book. :shock:

If he wants to ensure a full ship on a bigger ship next year, maybe that's his plan. But if he alienates a bunch of his regulars with the delays.....