Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Crew members in recovery?
  • Humansteve
    Wiper

Crew members in recovery?

by Humansteve » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:53 am

Greetings! Considering boarding the 2019 cruise and was curious if anyone going might be in recovery from drinking/drugs. 14 years clean here; would love to connect with other clean addicts.
    Pellaz
    Ensign

Re: Crew members in recovery?

by Pellaz » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:40 pm

Gotta admit, when I read that topic my first thought was "Whew, I hope 70K's hard-working crew has recovered from all that back-breaking work by now." :D

Humansteve wrote:Greetings! Considering boarding the 2019 cruise and was curious if anyone going might be in recovery from drinking/drugs. 14 years clean here; would love to connect with other clean addicts.

I can't technically call myself "clean" since I very occasionally drink, but for me consuming alcohol is a maybe once-a-year event.* Congrats on those 14 years!

I don't know of any recovery meetups onbroad, BTW, but it's certainly something you could look into closer to the cruise (and after ticket sales start) if you wanted to connect on the boat. "Normal" cruises always schedule an AA meetup ("Friends of Bill W" on the schedule) at the very least.

------
    * typically during my "regular" cruise, and only because it has a drink package
    2019 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
    --Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1