Post Reply 15 posts Page 1 of 1
Let's get Bloodywood on 70K!
  • BoneJester
    Wiper

Let's get Bloodywood on 70K!

by BoneJester » Fri May 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Bloodywood is a metal band from India who really love their fans. They had a livestream today, and I told them that a lot of people were wanting to see them be on it. They immediately said "Hell yeah, we would love to go!!" So I'm asking all survivors to help get these guys on board! They are amazing!!!
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Let's get Bloodywood on 70K!

by TPH » Sat May 12, 2018 2:16 am

If everyone is creating a topic each time they want to see a band on the cruise, it's going to be so much fun :|
    There already are topics to discuss this, please use them.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun May 13, 2018 8:48 pm

TPH wrote:If everyone is creating a topic each time they want to see a band on the cruise, it's going to be so much fun :|

Not like there's much else going on right now.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:02 am

mooyagi wrote:
    TPH wrote:If everyone is creating a topic each time they want to see a band on the cruise, it's going to be so much fun :|

Exactly. At least this gives some sort of life back to this forum
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon May 14, 2018 12:42 pm

I love Bloodywood's music. Have they ever performed though? I bet if they debuted on 70K they'd have a better show than Dead Cross anyway.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon May 14, 2018 2:39 pm

cegr80 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Exactly. At least this gives some sort of life back to this forum

Also I don't believe we have had a band from India on board yet. We all love to have a new country represented on the cruise, so I think this deserves some attention here.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • BoneJester
    Wiper

by BoneJester » Thu May 17, 2018 12:18 pm

They haven't played live yet, though they are planning on doing so soon. These guys deserve a spot if you have watched or listened to any of their music. They are currently finishing up an EP. They just seem like a band that would kill it on the boat!
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat May 19, 2018 11:49 am

Not being funny, but what have they done to deserve a spot?
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • BoneJester
    Wiper

by BoneJester » Sun May 20, 2018 11:10 pm

A lot of people are saying that they are getting back into metal due to these guys. Since they are really trending right now on Youtube, they are getting a lot of exposure. They are also bringing a lot of Indian sounds to their music, blending it in such a way that it gets in your head. They are getting more support every day, that's why I think they would fit on the boat. Just because someone hasn't made 30 platinum hits, doesn't mean they aren't great musicians and deserve a slot. Plus, I bet they are a blast live!
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Mon May 21, 2018 1:46 am

Wow...was your goal to make a list of the worst possible reasons to listen to a band, not even talking about bringing them on board? "Trending on YouTube" :| And "people are getting back to metal due to these guys", what the fuck!?

I gave them a try and found them terrible, but that's not even the point here, up to personal taste, blah blah. Sorry man, but you're not helping them.
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
  • BoneJester
    Wiper

by BoneJester » Thu May 24, 2018 10:52 am

Well TPH, I know that your opinion is your own, but a lot of survivors actually like this band. I also think that the more metal heads the better, no reason to be elitist and shove people away. I know for a fact that every band on this earth has a Youtube! Some bands start off that way and good for them. Your negativity is pretty off, we are one big metal family and people may be into different stuff. So you don't like them, cool, move on dude.
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Fri May 25, 2018 7:49 am

He doesn't like my baaaand

Disagreeing with you = being negative, interesting.

I was purely factual: trending on YouTube doesn't mean anything in terms of quality or longevity (quite the opposite most of the times, I'd say). "A lot of people are saying that they are getting back into metal due to these guys", I have yet to see more than 10 people on the Internet saying this, so baseless affirmation. "But a lot of survivors actually like this band", sticking to the fact: you said you liked them, acidbasement as well, and that's it.
    "no reason to be elitist and shove people away" we're back on the ad hominem tracks, cool. "I know for a fact that every band on this earth has a Youtube! Some bands start off that way and good for them." you know sooo much :roll: yes, most of them (not going to speak about a lot of black metal bands, you already know this for a fact after all) do, I have no problem with that; but once again, pushing their trending ( != popularity) up front as a reason to make them come onboard has no value at all.

"Your negativity is pretty off, we are one big metal family and people may be into different stuff" yeah I know what a family is, I have a brother who says tons of bullshit. You're kinda right for the negativity though with my current answer, BS that is pushed as fact has a way to get on my nerves. And I have exactly zero problems with people having different taste/liking different bands, as I have said, me not liking the band is irrelevant here - but you tend to read what you want and understand it the way you want, another thing that ticks me off. I make fun of bodomdragon and others from time to time about the bands they love, they definitely think some bands I love are terrible, I'm perfectly fine with it and so are they.

"So you don't like them, cool, move on dude." I'm going to repeat myself one last time: I have zero problem with the fact that you love a band I don't, or with the band itself. And I don't even care if they get onboard, quite the opposite, a cruise with 60 bands I love will be a total hell schedule-wise anyway. My problem is that some of your points were bad, and the others were at best big overstatements, if not lies.
    Now, please show me the hundreds (no, thousands) of cruisers that said they want to see them on board, because last time I checked Dallas's list, they weren't there. If you do, I'll have no problem acknowledging that I was wrong. If you don't/can't, move on dude.
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
  • BoneJester
    Wiper

by BoneJester » Sat May 26, 2018 6:42 pm

Hey man, just chill aright. go to the 70K fanpage on Facebook and find my post. Do they have thousands of survivors or fans, idk. I saw on my post that people would be down so I thought I'd bring it here. No need to get up in arms, throw up some crybaby picture, and then tear down my posts. It's all good dude, but this is not the best use of your time or mine. SO, no worries, and see you in the pit. :viking:
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Sun May 27, 2018 1:47 pm

I hadn't heard of them until this was posted, but I enjoyed what I heard. Maybe not exactly what would be typical for the boat, but they could pique interest in a couple different ways - for the eastern folk sound, in a manner similar to Orphaned Land or Chthonic, or for the novelty/humor aspect - Powerglove, Psychostick come to mind as atypical bands for the boat that work because of the 'fun' aspect. Probably would be a pretty inexpensive booking too, since they're just getting started and reliant on Patreon/Youtube for funding their musical careers.

Maybe a little bit nu metal in their approach, but hey - better than Stuck Mojo.
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Book em Andy! That’d be a fun show to check out.
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
Post Reply 15 posts Page 1 of 1