Post Reply 513 posts
Official Guess the First Announcement Date Thread
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

Re: Official Guess the First Announcement Date Thread

by UltimoAviso » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:12 am

September 10th. Andy wants to go to progpower to entice some of the acts there. at this point im putting on a blindfold and throwing a dart.
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:27 am

Gratch wrote:
    General Zod wrote:I'm out, regardless of line up.

At this point I just refuse to give this guy any more money. He simply doesn't respect his customers as is easily the worst promoter in the music business.

To each their own, but 70K has become the event I look forward to most every year. While I'm frustrated at the lack of info/communication, it sure as hell won't keep me away once things do get rolling.

Yep. I'm in, no matter what. 70k is the one vacation I pay to go on every year. Only thing that would stop me is a cancellation or a major price increase.

Also, new guess: September 9th. 9/9 9th cruise just like they did 7/7 7th cruise.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:31 am

Donutsauce wrote:Given some of the comments I've read, can someone please let me know in what way I have been mistaken on waiting till 3 months out?

*If* you're referring to my comments, it has nothing to do with the amount of time to plan a vacation. I've planned overseas travel in under a month. For me it's about the supporting businesses that deserve my support and not supporting businesses that don't. It's one thing to hold off on not making a band announcement. But there's not a reason in the world not to take 30 seconds, jump on the forum, and say to your LOYAL customers, "Hey folks, here's what's going on..."

I go to Psycho Las Vegas, ProgPower, Decibel Metal & Beer, and occasionally Maryland Deathfest. All are well run festivals with communicative promoters. I just have no desire put any more money in Andy's pocket. I'm not looking for support or agreement. This is merely my $0.02.

By the way, it will be completely ironic if this post gets deleted. It suggests they're paying attention to the forum, but they just don't care whatsoever.
    Last edited by General Zod on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Dustro25
    Wiper

by Dustro25 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am

At this point I just refuse to give this guy any more money. He simply doesn't respect his customers as is easily the worst promoter in the music business.

Same with us. After 4 in a row we just can't justify the $ and time without planning in advance. Time for a new adventure.
    How can anyone be excited for this? Something that was once so much fun the whole year leading up to it, is just a major drag now..
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:49 am

mbob wrote:I am really starting to wonder if Slayer is the big announcement. Their final US date is August 26 and Andy might not be allowed to announce them until they finish the US tour.

That's the spirit mbob! I love this idea.

Put me down for Aug 22nd.

Just curious all you Aug birthday kids, were you the youngest or the oldest in your High School class?
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:52 am

Bob wrote:That's the spirit mbob! I love this idea.

Put me down for Aug 22nd.

Just curious all you Aug birthday kids, were you the youngest or the oldest in your High School class?

Youngest. I hate it.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:54 am

PotatoPotahto wrote:
    Gratch wrote:

To each their own, but 70K has become the event I look forward to most every year. While I'm frustrated at the lack of info/communication, it sure as hell won't keep me away once things do get rolling.

Yep. I'm in, no matter what. 70k is the one vacation I pay to go on every year. Only thing that would stop me is a cancellation or a major price increase.

Also, new guess: September 9th. 9/9 9th cruise just like they did 7/7 7th cruise.

I'm in! Lol. The "worst promoter in the music business" somehow manages to pull off putting 60 bands and 3000 fans on a boat every year, almost flawlessly.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:01 am

General Zod wrote:
    Donutsauce wrote:Given some of the comments I've read, can someone please let me know in what way I have been mistaken on waiting till 3 months out?

*If* you're referring to my comments, it has nothing to do with the amount of time to plan a vacation. I've planned overseas travel in under a month. For me it's about the supporting businesses that deserve my support and not supporting businesses that don't. It's one thing to hold off on not making a band announcement. But there's not a reason in the world not to take 30 seconds, jump on the forum, and say to your LOYAL customers, "Hey folks, here's what's going on..."

I go to Psycho Las Vegas, ProgPower, Decibel Metal & Beer, and occasionally Maryland Deathfest. All are well run festivals with communicative promoters. I just have no desire put any more money in Andy's pocket. I'm not looking for support or agreement. This is merely my $0.02.

By the way, it will be completely ironic if this post gets deleted. It suggests they're paying attention to the forum, but they just don't care whatsoever.

No not you in particular. Just trying to get a better sense of the frustration across the board. I don't follow festivals like you so you've shed some light on why people might be feeling a certain way. I understand that more communication would be preferable. While I'm excited for the line up and all, they will announce some day, and I don't believe that more communication would change which day that will be. "Soon" is enough for me, but I get the frustration. Thanks for your response.

I also wonder if people would be as frustrated if they hadn't announced so early previous years. It's surprising to see people this upset for something that's almost half a year away, but last year was my first so I'm a little in the dark here.
    Last edited by Donutsauce on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:02 am

Dustro25 wrote: How can anyone be excited for this? Something that was once so much fun the whole year leading up to it, is just a major drag now..

Not trying to defend UMC (I'm frustrated too), but the idea that waiting an additional 30-60 days for announcements has somehow completely ruined the entire cruise experience is something I can't wrap my head around. To each their own, I suppose.

Bob wrote:Just curious all you Aug birthday kids, were you the youngest or the oldest in your High School class?

2nd to youngest, yeah. High school was no big deal...it was waiting to go to bars when all my friends were already 21 that was the killer.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:08 am

Bob wrote:Just curious all you Aug birthday kids, were you the youngest or the oldest in your High School class?

One of the youngest...sucked the year all of my class mates started driving and I couldn't.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 am

Donutsauce wrote:I understand that more communication would be preferable. While I'm excited for the line up and all, they will announce some day, and I don't believe that more communication would change which day that will be. "Soon" is enough for me, but I get the frustration. Thanks for your response.

To me it's simply crazy, that in the social media age, that you wouldn't communicate with your customers. And just worse still, when your customers are asking and you're not responding.

Hope you have a hell of a time on the boat. Cheers.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:22 am

Dustro25 wrote:

Same with us. After 4 in a row we just can't justify the $ and time without planning in advance. Time for a new adventure.
    How can anyone be excited for this? Something that was once so much fun the whole year leading up to it, is just a major drag now..

I get the price tag - it is definitely expensive.

On planning in advance: The date is Jan 31- Feb 4. I'm trying to understand what planning people do 6 months out from a vacation, if you don't mind elaborating.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:37 am

It would be interesting to keep track of everyone saying 'fuck this, i'm out' and see how many of them are actually out in the end. Quite sure the number would tend to zero :)

Btw my new guess is september 1st.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:40 am

Donutsauce wrote:On planning in advance: The date is Jan 31- Feb 4. I'm trying to understand what planning people do 6 months out from a vacation, if you don't mind elaborating.

All right, sure, since I'm one of those plan ahead types why not. This is only me, but I imagine people may have similar opinions.

I have anxiety. I like making plans comfortably in advance when travel and funds are concerned. The sooner the better, so I can take the time off work and have the required funds set aside in case I run into a life emergency. It's a budgeting, tracking, planning thing.

I also have a lot of interests that take me to many different places, and I have partners (yes you read that correctly) that I need to plan long term plans around. I try to plan something every year for me, but also something every year for them. And since I haven't been able to book 70k in, they're wondering if I want to use my unallocated vacation time for something else for a change.

TLDR: I have anxiety, I like budgeting for my vacations responsibly and sometimes that means allocating funds ASAP, and my time is in high demand.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:56 am

Today: Fuck UMC, Fuck Andy, No way I'm going now with the way they are treating us. Nothing they can do to get me back.

Sometime in September: Hi Sailors, this is Captain Andy. Sorry for the delay. For our first announcement, we'd like to welcome DISTURBED onbroad.

One minute later:: Well, OK I'm going. The announcements will undoubtedly get better.
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:58 am

Phoenix wrote:
    TLDR: I have anxiety, I like budgeting for my vacations responsibly and sometimes that means allocating funds ASAP, and my time is in high demand.

Ok some of this is making sense. From what you're saying, I see how it's easier for me, knowing I will basically go regardless of announcement date (assuming y'all leave room for those of us who have only been once!). You have other interests and things to do, makes sense. I don't have the anxiety thing, but I can understand how the unknowns here could exacerbate that. Not knowing exact prices could be problematic as well.

Appreciate the response.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:28 am

Donutsauce wrote:Appreciate the response.

Cheers! Thanks for taking the time to get another perspective :)

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:30 am

To each their own, I suppose. Last time I went on 70k was 2016 and I booked my accommodation on 29th January, flights about 5 weeks in advance, and we're still 6 months out from departure so I've got plenty of time if I'm that disorganised. I'm not bothered. Would be nice to know bands and stuff, sure. But if I'm going anyway, it really doesn't matter to me.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:42 am

Wait, what, how do you determine which year one starts school? Is August the first month of a calendar year on the wrong side of the pond?
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:46 am

doomguy wrote:To each their own, I suppose. Last time I went on 70k was 2016 and I booked my accommodation on 29th January, flights about 5 weeks in advance, and we're still 6 months out from departure so I've got plenty of time if I'm that disorganised. I'm not bothered. Would be nice to know bands and stuff, sure. But if I'm going anyway, it really doesn't matter to me.

Yeah, I realise that my personal requirements for this sort of thing seems odd to some people. But when I wake up in a cold sweat halfway through November with my brain yelling, outside of my control, "YOU DON'T KNOW HOW YOU'RE GETTING TO PORT EVERGLADES FROM YOUR HOTEL YET," I'd rather just take steps to mitigate it than let it happen.

Memnoch wrote:Wait, what, how do you determine which year one starts school? Is August the first month of a calendar year on the wrong side of the pond?

The school year starts in September, so sometimes age cutoffs come into play. In some it's December 31st, in others it's mid-August, in others it's the day you start school.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:47 am

bodomdragon wrote:It would be interesting to keep track of everyone saying 'fuck this, i'm out' and see how many of them are actually out in the end. Quite sure the number would tend to zero :)

Pretty much my thoughts, too.

I don't care about Andy being a flake with communication. The festival itself, which he manages to pull off, is still my favorite in the world. Plus the social media team has been killing it and keeps telling us not to worry, so I won't.

Regarding booking vacation (excluding people from Australia or Japan and all those areas because I understand traveling that distance is $$$), I really don't understand the problem.
    1. If you want to do 70K, we know a whole year in advance what dates the cruise will be. Book time off work a year in advance; if you end up canceling that time off, your work isn't going to care. It's more professional to cancel time off than it is to wait until 3 months before you book it.
    2. I'm sure you can budget within $100 USD of what the price will likely be (it's been raising by $40 USD each year) + exchange rate.
    3. You can book an AirBnB or even a hotel a year in advance, just get ones that you can refund with at least a weeks notice; they exist. Alternatively, I've booked a cheap AirBnB in Miami literally the week before without issue, and one year I just slept on couch cushions on a floor of someone else's AirBnB...
    4. For me, from Canada, booking flights 6-months in advance is too early; the sweet spot to grab seat sales is September/October, even into Nov/Dec (on holidays). And if you were on the fence due to the potential band listing, just pay the extra $50 and book a refundable ticket.

And if it's honestly down to the band listing itself whether you go on 70K or to a European festival or whatever, than does it really matter? Why are you complaining in here? Just call 'er a day and book the other festival.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:57 am

Phoenix wrote:...
    Memnoch wrote:Wait, what, how do you determine which year one starts school? Is August the first month of a calendar year on the wrong side of the pond?

The school year starts in September, so sometimes age cutoffs come into play. In some it's December 31st, in others it's mid-August, in others it's the day you start school.

What Phoenix said.

Here locally universally it's Sep 1st I think, but it has changed over the years and varies by region. I had kids in my class that had Aug/Sep birthdates and were the oldest kids in our class, others that were the youngest. Plus there is a certain amount of discretion on the parents whether they start their kids early or later.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:33 pm

I shouldn't be surprised that you guys make no sense. :lol:
    Here (and I guess everywhere in the civilised world) you start school on the autumn of the year you turn seven.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Originally I guessed August 8 as a bit of a joke since I figured there was no chance it would be that late...

Well, now I'm guessing Dec. 25. If I'm too early again it just begs the question of wtf is going on.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:16 pm

I'll hop on the b-day bandwagon, only using my GF's instead of my own: 29 August
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:05 pm

mbob wrote:I am really starting to wonder if Slayer is the big announcement. Their final US date is August 26 and Andy might not be allowed to announce them until they finish the US tour.

This.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Okay the trend is clear, I'll take my birthday on the 31st Aug.

A lot of August birthdays here...

Youngest one. Born on Sep 1st and I would have been the oldest one and started school a year later.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Booking Airline
    60-75 days out usually has decent prices but if you don’t have competition from the airport you are flying out of this doesn’t apply.You will end up flying weird routes with layovers and not getting to pick from every travel time.You will get maybe a cheap red-eye but the peak travel time will be very much higher.Booking 6-9 months out means to can check to see when a great price is available.
    Booking Hotels
    Now going Florida in January really hurts here.I imagine many cruisers have already booked using a refundable option.This has probably hurt people who booked in June-July ,now if they cancel they are stuck with a credit on their card (unless they had a balance to pay off).
    Overall this really hurts the people who like to plan ahead but Andy figured if Public Sales started last year mid-September than everyone can start that late and book.Each day goes by,I am onbroad with the theory he wants new blood on the ship.
    Last edited by deathmetalpat on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Godflesh wrote:

This.

While I like Slayer, I kinda hope not.

Some of my least favorite live shows have been Slayer concerts, simply because the "meatheads looking for a fight" contingent is so disproportionally high.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:19 pm

I'm on for this Birthday trend too!!

My Birthday, September the 1st.

That's when the first announcement will be.

Birthday pressie for da Statsman! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:10 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Andy figured if Public Sales started last year mid-September than everyone can start that late and book

True, public sales started September 18th last year.
    My birthday is September 16th, but if public sales open around that date, that means we got announcements a week or two earlier.
    I'll go with August 27th instead, due to the Slayer thing, who knows.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Sailors! Welcome to Round Two of our totally silly Unofficial "Guess the Date of the First Sign of Life from 70K" game! :lol:

08/15 -- Pellaz
    08/20 -- Phoenix
    08/21 -- cegr80
    08/22 -- Bob
    08/23 -- Gratch
    08/25 -- mbob
    08/27 -- Godflesh
    08/29 -- Speedy
    08/31 -- Amalu
    09/01 -- Bodomdragon, Statsman
    09/09 -- PotatoPotahto
    09/10 -- UltimoAviso
    12/25 -- Shadow Son
    01/28 -- Memnoch

I think that's everyone, so far.
    My birthday is January 30th....beach-party day. Maybe Andy will announce all the bands during the beach-party...pull a "Wintersoon" in 2019 for ALL the bands. :shock:

The fact that we're having to do this again is pretty sad in itself. :evil:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Chalk me up for Aug 28th. Also because the Slayer stuff.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Ti7aNiC wrote:Chalk me up for Aug 28th. Also because the Slayer stuff.

I'll put your guess, and any more guesses, in the next update...after I "kill myself off." :lol:

BTW, as much as Kerry King and Tom Araya hate each other, I don't really see Slayer as a possibility.

And trust me, they HATE each other right now. :?
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Ti7aNiC wrote:And if you were on the fence due to the potential band listing, just pay the extra $50 and book a refundable ticket.

In the world I live in, here are my actual options, according to Travelocity:
    - Economy: refundable $3200, non-refundable $1000
    - First class: refundable $4500, non-refundable $2400
    So no, I’m not booking refundable tickets, nor am I booking blind given the total lack of information.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Ti7aNiC wrote:Chalk me up for Aug 28th. Also because the Slayer stuff.

I'll put your guess, and any more guesses, in the next update...after I "kill myself off." :lol:

BTW, as much as Kerry King and Tom Araya hate each other, I don't really see Slayer as a possibility.

And trust me, they HATE each other right now. :?

Like I’ve mentioned in another thread, they’re headlining HellFest in June, that’s what makes it possible for me (70000 Tons shows are not technically happening in the US).
    Also, Tom is a family man, and being able to bring his family on broad for a paid vacation should be very attractive to him, possibly enough to offset the reduced pay.
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Don't even know if the pay would be reduced, their booking fee is only ~30k or something. $570k left over for other expenses not including any pay- or free- to pay bands and in-kind donations.I don't know if I'd like it, I probably wouldn't even watch a set, but I would still appreciate the fact that Slayer is on the board. As much as I'd prefer to listen to Nightwish or Blind Guardian any day, Slayer would be by far the biggest name to the mainstream ever on the boat.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:25 pm

alex_canada wrote:Don't even know if the pay would be reduced, their booking fee is only ~30k or something. $570k left over for other expenses not including any pay- or free- to pay bands and in-kind donations.I don't know if I'd like it, I probably wouldn't even watch a set, but I would still appreciate the fact that Slayer is on the board. As much as I'd prefer to listen to Nightwish or Blind Guardian any day, Slayer would be by far the biggest name to the mainstream ever on the boat.

30K was indeed their minimum fee in 2014 on the pro website I’ve posted before, but now it says 150K.
    But yeah, that’s probably much less on the boat, although they do play twice, and there probably are extra fees such as bringing some of their crew and equipment on broad, etc.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:35 am

cowboy71 wrote:I'm on for this Birthday trend too!!

My Birthday, September the 1st.

That's when the first announcement will be.

Birthday pressie for da Statsman! :P

And what band do you wish for your birthday, Dallas?
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:51 am

Gratch wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:

This.

While I like Slayer, I kinda hope not.

Some of my least favorite live shows have been Slayer concerts, simply because the "meatheads looking for a fight" contingent is so disproportionally high.

Yeah, the last time I saw then headlining (two years ago), there was one of those obnoxious drunks next to us, saying loudly how he didn't miss a SLAYER show in 17 years.
    But when he saw my awesome Hell Awaits t-shirt :lol:, he said "respect", and left us alone.

However, I'm pretty sure this kind of people wouldn't pay $2000+alcohol for a cruise just to see this band that's currently touring all over the country.

On a side note, twice I took people to see them who were not fans (including a non-metal person), and they were blown away (as was I, always).
    Comment from my friend who likes metalcore: "I thought they were 80es dad metal, but they were awesome".
Post Reply 513 posts