Post Reply 513 posts
Official Guess the First Announcement Date Thread
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: Official Guess the First Announcement Date Thread

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:01 am

Pellaz wrote:
    Ti7aNiC wrote:Chalk me up for Aug 28th. Also because the Slayer stuff.

I'll put your guess, and any more guesses, in the next update...after I "kill myself off." :lol:

BTW, as much as Kerry King and Tom Araya hate each other, I don't really see Slayer as a possibility.

And trust me, they HATE each other right now. :?

Oh shit, speaking of personal feuds, SLAYER and Dave Lombardo on the same boat might be problematic, which would mean no SUICIDAL TENDENCIES.
    I'd take ST over SLAYER any day at this point.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 am

Godflesh wrote:On a side note, twice I took people to see them who were not fans (including a non-metal person), and they were blown away (as was I, always).

I only saw them once as a support act for Rammstein and was not impressed. Might have to do with the fact that Tom had a cold and problems with his voice.
    There was simply no interaction with the audience, they just played their songs as they are on the albums. The whole audience was kind of passive due to the lack of interaction. The only thing was some polite applause between songs.

The only time the band actually directly addressed the audience was at the beginning to explain Tom's voice problem.

Boring concert. Anthrax on the same day earlier did a much better job.

Of the "Big 4" I would most like to have Megadeth on board. Saw them a couple of times, including this year as support act for Judas Priest, and they always deliver a kick ass show.
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:46 am

Godflesh wrote:
    Ti7aNiC wrote:And if you were on the fence due to the potential band listing, just pay the extra $50 and book a refundable ticket.

In the world I live in, here are my actual options, according to Travelocity:
    - Economy: refundable $3200, non-refundable $1000
    - First class: refundable $4500, non-refundable $2400
    So no, I’m not booking refundable tickets, nor am I booking blind given the total lack of information.

Where do you see those prices?? Those are crazy. Where are you flying from? Your profile in here says Seattle, WA...

Canada notoriously has some of the most expensive domestic flight travel in the world. In 2016, I literally flew from the arctic circle (well, Yellowknife) to FLL, return, for $559.23 CAD (in today USD that would be $427.07). At least in Canada, it's all about waiting for those seat sales, really. In 2017 & 2018 I was living in the GTA, so I had probably the easiest/cheapest flights out/into Canada. I flew round-trip YYZ to FLL in those years for $355.49 CAD ($271.27 USD) and $402.71 CAD ($307.31 USD).

Don't use Travelocity; just search with Google Flights, then book the flight itself directly through the airline so you don't run into third-party booking problems (e.g cancellation issues). I see a non-refundable return flight from SEA to FLL Jan 30th/Feb 4th for $352 USD right now; it's a red-eye United flight. I guess that's another important point: I've always gone for the cheapest flights, they really don't bother me, I just sleep on the airplane and I've got nothing against layovers or sleeping on airport floors, lol. If you don't want to spend money, you gotta do what ya gotta do.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:07 am

Godflesh wrote:
    Ti7aNiC wrote:And if you were on the fence due to the potential band listing, just pay the extra $50 and book a refundable ticket.

In the world I live in, here are my actual options, according to Travelocity:
    - Economy: refundable $3200, non-refundable $1000
    - First class: refundable $4500, non-refundable $2400
    So no, I’m not booking refundable tickets, nor am I booking blind given the total lack of information.

Wow, how do you see these flights? I live in YYC, and you can really only get more expensive than YYC in North America if you were flying out of Victoria, and I can usually get to Florida for 800 Canadian MAX. Is WestJet better than we think it is? (You could tell me, I wouldn't believe you.)

Red-eyes are the ONLY way to get to FLL/MIA from where I live, because fuck me I guess.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:35 am

Phoenix wrote:I live in YYC, and you can really only get more expensive than YYC in North America if you were flying out of Victoria, and I can usually get to Florida for 800 Canadian MAX. Is WestJet better than we think it is? (You could tell me, I wouldn't believe you.)

Red-eyes are the ONLY way to get to FLL/MIA from where I live, because fuck me I guess.

Hey now, ahaha, don't you be forgetting about the north; there's about 20 of us who have attended (and/or regularly attend) 70K out of Yellowknife and Whitehorse. The flights from YXY & YZF are way more expensive than flights form Victoria (I have lived there, too... I move a lot, lol). YXY has to connect through Vancouver, and YZF has to connect through Edmonton or Calgary (surprisingly, more often Calgary even though it's further, and many times a return path will only go to Edmonton then from there to Calgary *then* to Yellowknife - How's that for bullshit?!). But yeah - red-eyes are indeed the only way for everyone in the northwest. :(

We're conveniently ignoring the insanity of remote community flights, too. I've flown into/out of over half of the 33 communities in the Northwest Territories. For example, Yellowknife roundtrip to/from Wekweeti via a 9-seat Cessna is $498 CDN itself.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 am

Ti7aNiC wrote:Hey now, ahaha, don't you be forgetting about the north; there's about 20 of us who have attended (and/or regularly attend) 70K out of Yellowknife and Whitehorse...

My bad, you're right I shouldn't forget about the Territories. For whatever reason the flights OUT of Calgary are preferred for Toronto, but going back it's a mess?

What's really stupid is I checked, and I could fly to London Heathrow for about the same price as I could fly to 70k. Domestic flights in this country are so fucked up.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 pm

My prices are for TWO tickets, on AA, avoiding red eye flights.
    From the AA website directly:
    - Economy: non-refundable $534/pp, flexible $1614/pp, fully flexible $2276/pp
    - First: non-refundable $1223/pp, flexible $2288/pp
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:03 pm

It seems to me that AA takes advantage of you booking in the US. My search on the AA pages results in lower prices. Here's a screenshot for one-way, the return flight is the same price. 1$=0.99CHF so you can basically consider the prices in USD. Seems cheaper to me, or is it not?
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:30 pm

This year from Edmonton YEG--Toronto - FLL was $85 return

:P

Aeroplan, with Air Canada. Previous, years I booked Westjet and took redeye from Edmonton which worked well for me, and I don't feel like I lose a day traveling.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Amalu wrote:It seems to me that AA takes advantage of you booking in the US. My search on the AA pages results in lower prices. Here's a screenshot for one-way, the return flight is the same price. 1$=0.99CHF so you can basically consider the prices in USD. Seems cheaper to me, or is it not?

I'm going to FLL, not MIA. 29th to 4th.
    But yes, way cheaper!!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:56 am

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:52 am

Godflesh wrote:Image

10 out of 10.

If nothing else, this unusually long delay from UMC has gifted us with some of the most awesome, dankest memes EVER. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:11 am

Back in mid July, airfares to FLL from Sydney, return, were $1,200 AU.
    Now, they are $1,989 return (as I looked yesterday).
    The longer this wait for bands, cabin sales to start, the highest the airfares and then there are the hotel rooms to book across Miami and I see already, many Aussies giving up and going for other festivals instead.
    What a drag.
    At this rate, it'll be September before we hear anything!
    Too late, for so many.

2020 it is then. Screw it.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:50 am

2020 is when the Super Bowl is in Miami. It will be much worse to book flights and accommodations.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:42 pm

They will have to do something about 2020,Super Bowel is a week long revenue generator,they force people into buy packages now that include events the entire week before.Along with people come for that week and don’t even go to the game.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:01 pm

2020 Super Bowl in Miami!
    Oh hell.
    Imagine if the cruise announcements and cabin sales took this long, again next year!
    It would be chaos for us all to book any rooms before the cruise.
    I don't know why we even need to have the cruise at the same time as that NFL thing anyway.

Maybe 2020, we get to sail again in and around the same dates we used to...late-ish January.
    Ha ha, maybe I'll come back for 2021.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:25 pm

I cannot be certain, but wasn't 70k moved slightly later because NAMM was always around the 25th of January?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:46 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I cannot be certain, but wasn't 70k moved slightly later because NAMM was always around the 25th of January?

That's why they will be moving it back to the Liberty of the Seas which is now out of Galveston, Texas, in 2020! :beerwink:
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:48 pm

Fuck, I forgot about the Superb Owl in 2020. Fort Lauderdale won't be that much better than Miami, which is a shame because that's my preference. I did Miami this year and I just didn't like it.

cowboy71 wrote:I cannot be certain, but wasn't 70k moved slightly later because NAMM was always around the 25th of January?

Uh, that sounds right, though I'm not sure we ever got an official reason. I always assumed it would move back eventually, because I remember survivors complaining it was hard to get Superb Owl weekend off.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:53 pm

2020:
    Earlier than Jan 23 PROBABLY out because you are getting too close to being in xmas 'peak' period.
    January 23-27 is probably out due to NAMM
    January 30-February 3 is probably out due to the Superbowl being in Miami on the 2nd (accom/flights/etc would be stupid expensive)
    Probably could rule out the following week too, February 6-10, because accommodation/flights/etc would still be expensive.

So yeah - the option is either move the dates WAY into February, or move the start point.

Texas not such a bad idea.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:56 pm

cowboy71 wrote:2020: pu
    Earlier than Jan 23 PROBABLY out because you are getting too close to being in xmas 'peak' period.
    January 23-27 is probably out due to NAMM
    January 30-February 3 is probably out due to the Superbowl being in Miami on the 2nd (accom/flights/etc would be stupid expensive)
    Probably could rule out the following week too, February 6-10, because accommodation/flights/etc would still be expensive.

So yeah - the option is either move the dates WAY into February, or move the start point.

Texas not such a bad idea.

And don't forget that 70K is not the only music charter that uses the Independence. There are others so that could put a wrinkle into scheduling as well. RCCL usually will not schedule back-to-back music charters on the same ship.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Cardest wrote:The longer this wait for bands, cabin sales to start, the highest the airfares and then there are the hotel rooms to book across Miami and I see already, many Aussies giving up and going for other festivals instead.
    What a drag.
    At this rate, it'll be September before we hear anything!

There is now a real possibility that we will know the FULL lineup for ProgPower USA in September 2019 -- the announcement will be made on Fri. Sept. 7th -- before we know ANY bands for 70K in February 2019. :shock:

It boggles the mind.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:39 am

I went though 70k Facebook posts and a clear pattern emerged.Since at least June 1st they post at least every other day.So if the last post was an even day the next one in that same month will be even,they change the pattern by occasion posts one day after another.Then back to every other day.Silence before announcing 1st band used to be the normal thing,so if you finally get 3 days without any posts ,we might get some actual news.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:10 am

deathmetalpat wrote:ISilence before announcing 1st band used to be the normal thing,so if you finally get 3 days without any posts ,we might get some actual news.

Yup, I've noticed the same pattern as well.

By now it also be possible that they hide the first announcement in some meaningless #shipfacts post. :mrgreen:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:43 am

deathmetalpat wrote:I went though 70k Facebook posts and a clear pattern emerged.Since at least June 1st they post at least every other day.So if the last post was an even day the next one in that same month will be even,they change the pattern by occasion posts one day after another.Then back to every other day.Silence before announcing 1st band used to be the normal thing,so if you finally get 3 days without any posts ,we might get some actual news.

It's not a bad idea, but I distinctly remember applying that logic one year. "Oh right, there's the meaningless post for the day, I can check back on 70k for tomorrow." And then I look again and notice that three announcements have been made.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:50 pm

my nephew brought up a point to me - could RC not want us on the upgraded Independence and are looking to put us back on the Liberty (if it is not getting the new upgrades as her sister ship) …. which would suck - if they don't have a completely different crew .... but this could be part of the delay . Just a speculation :oops: :shock:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:32 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:my nephew brought up a point to me - could RC not want us on the upgraded Independence and are looking to put us back on the Liberty (if it is not getting the new upgrades as her sister ship) …. which would suck - if they don't have a completely different crew .... but this could be part of the delay . Just a speculation :oops: :shock:

If this was even a remote possibility, Andy would have told the media guys to stop spamming with #shipfacts for the moment. Yesterday they posted something about the new minigolf...
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:55 pm

like I said - don't know - just putting it out there - :givebeer:
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:13 am

DragonLordJones wrote:my nephew brought up a point to me - could RC not want us on the upgraded Independence and are looking to put us back on the Liberty (if it is not getting the new upgrades as her sister ship) …. which would suck - if they don't have a completely different crew .... but this could be part of the delay . Just a speculation :oops: :shock:

The Liberty already received a lot of those same upgrades (minus the Escape Room, removal of the On Air Club, the Trampoline Park plus a few other things) back in 2015 after our cruise. Plus, RCCL already had those upgrades planned for awhile since they schedule ships years in advance so it would not had made sense for them to commit it to Andy just to turn around and renege after the fact.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:16 am

Not only did Andy already announce at the end of this year's voyage that the cruise was happening on the Independence in 2019, but there's no way he'd go back to the Liberty. Liberty was only 2,000 cruisers. This is about more money.

The Slayer theory is looking more and more plausible every day but boy do I not know how I feel about that.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:25 am

Phoenix wrote:but there's no way he'd go back to the Liberty. Liberty was only 2,000 cruisers. This is about more money.

Liberty is the same class ship as the Independence with similar capacity.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:32 am

mbob wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:but there's no way he'd go back to the Liberty. Liberty was only 2,000 cruisers. This is about more money.

Liberty is the same class ship as the Independence with similar capacity.

Nope, you're totally right, I replaced "Liberty" with "Majesty" in my mind. Why did I do that?

My other point still stands. They've had the ship booked for MONTHS.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • seph146
    Wiper

by seph146 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:29 am

Phoenix wrote:The Slayer theory is looking more and more plausible every day but boy do I not know how I feel about that.

Has anyone mentioned Dimmu Borgir possibly being the hold up? They're doing a couple of US dates next week ending on the 25th. They're definitely "headliner" worthy. I just think Slayer is waaaay too big for the boat.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am

seph146 wrote: ...Dimmu Borgir ....They're definitely "headliner" worthy.

That said, due to things I have heard, I suspect they are one of the headliners for next year. They are definitely not a band to hold up announcements for though.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • seph146
    Wiper

by seph146 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    seph146 wrote: ...Dimmu Borgir ....They're definitely "headliner" worthy.

That said, due to things I have heard, I suspect they are one of the headliners for next year. They are definitely not a band to hold up announcements for though.

Oh I agree 100%. Honestly no band should be able to hold up the 59 others from being announced, unless there is a massive ego involved (Slayer, Megadeth).
    With Mustaine refusing to play festivals with "Satanic" bands he might be demanding the entire band list before agreeing to play.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Nope. Could not see Megadeth doing 70K. They are a do-their-own-cruise kind of band.

The restrictions and limitations that would place on UMC is not something the Skipper would put up with. Not in a million years.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:44 pm

Besides, they removed the chapel on the Independence, so no way would MegaDave go on a Satanic boat like that.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:53 pm

Are you considering coming back for 2019, Memnoch?
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:27 am

Pellaz wrote:Sailors! Welcome to Round Two of our totally silly Unofficial "Guess the Date of the First Sign of Life from 70K" game! :lol:

08/15 -- Pellaz
    08/20 -- Phoenix
    08/21 -- cegr80
    08/22 -- Bob
    08/23 -- Gratch
    08/25 -- mbob
    08/27 -- Godflesh
    08/29 -- Speedy
    08/31 -- Amalu
    09/01 -- Bodomdragon, Statsman
    09/09 -- PotatoPotahto
    09/10 -- UltimoAviso
    12/25 -- Shadow Son
    01/28 -- Memnoch

I think that's everyone, so far.
    My birthday is January 30th....beach-party day. Maybe Andy will announce all the bands during the beach-party...pull a "Wintersoon" in 2019 for ALL the bands. :shock:

The fact that we're having to do this again is pretty sad in itself. :evil:
    Shall I call Roy or should we get another punisher? Looks like Pellaz is kaput
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:59 am

When the life giver dies, all around is laid waste...

Pellaz, you know your reply to this, don't you?
Post Reply 513 posts