User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

Headliners down through the years

by cowboy71 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:58 pm

Godflesh asked for it so here it is. A complete list of the bands that got 'headliner status' down the years.

That is to say - bands that got the longest sets - 75 minutes or in some cases 90 minutes.

2018 Kreator, Sabaton, Meshuggah
2017 Kamelot, Arch Enemy, Anthrax
2016 Iced Earth, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth
2015 Venom, Blind Guardian, Apocalyptica
2014 Symphony X, Fear Factory, Carcass, Unearth
2013 Helloween, Rage/LMO, In Flames
2012 Venom, Nightwish, Children of Bodom
2011 Blind Guardian, Saxon, Amon Amarth, Testament
Last edited by cowboy71 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Seattle, WA

Re: Headliners down through the years

by Godflesh » Thu May 31, 2018 8:20 pm

Thanks. Somehow this feels... underwhelming. For example, if Rage or In Flames were announced now, I’d be nonplussed.
Weird also that Carcass got 75mn in 2014 but not in 2017.
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:59 pm

Indeed - some oddities there. I think the weirdest ever though was UNEARTH in 2014, getting one 75 minute set and one 60 minute set. Still don't understand why....

Here are the full running orders for the first 6 cruises and BTH if you are interested. I'll have to add the 2017 and 2018 ones over the weekend.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~dallash/70 ... R_2011.pdf
http://members.iinet.net.au/~dallash/70 ... R_2012.pdf
http://members.iinet.net.au/~dallash/70 ... _FINAL.pdf
http://members.iinet.net.au/~dallash/70 ... R_2014.pdf
http://members.iinet.net.au/~dallash/70 ... R_2015.pdf
http://members.iinet.net.au/~dallash/70 ... _FINAL.pdf

And for completeness, Barge To Hell:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~dallash/BT ... R_2012.pdf
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:13 am

Godflesh wrote:Thanks. Somehow this feels... underwhelming. For example, if Rage or In Flames were announced now, I’d be nonplussed.
Weird also that Carcass got 75mn in 2014 but not in 2017.

I imagine it's because Carcass got booked last minute, and they'd already promised the spots away. Kamelot and Arch Enemy are "bigger" on the global scale at this point in time.
Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-Katatonia-†-IN.VAIN-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:34 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Indeed - some oddities there. I think the weirdest ever though was UNEARTH in 2014, getting one 75 minute set and one 60 minute set. Still don't understand why....

Here are the full running orders for the first 6 cruises and BTH if you are interested. I'll have to add the 2017 and 2018 ones over the weekend.

Oh, cool, that's great intel. :)
2019 Wishlist:
Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
--Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Survivor
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:41 pm

I can’t open the docs. The error I got is “Safari could not open the requested page because the server is 12000km away from Seattle, which is one Earth diameter, so the electrons got stuck halfway through in Earth’s magnetic core”.
User

Jotunheimr

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Reno, Nevada

by Jotunheimr » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:57 am

Testament got 75 minutes in 2011.
2015: 6511
2016: 7455

Arkona-/-BlindGuardian-/-Borknagar-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-Moonsorrow-/-Nightwish-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-Savatage-/-Skalmold-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Svartsot-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Wintersun-/-YngwieJMalmsteen