Post Reply 21 posts Page 1 of 1
Repeats for 2019
    cowboy71
    Commander

Repeats for 2019

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Since I'm now out of the 'guess the date of the first announcement' guessing game, how about another one? :P

"GUESS THE LINEUP THAT WILL HAVE THE MOST REPEATS ON 2019!"

I'm going with 2016. There was only 3 bands from that lineup on this year, and its kiiiiiiiinda a trend that there be no bands from the year previous, only a couple from the one before that, and a lot more from the one from 3 years previous.

(Note that this isn't really a guessing game as such, more of a discussion about repeats :P)

But yeah 2016 is my guess, which would make me really happy as that was a VERY good year for my musical tastes!
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Repeats for 2019

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:55 pm

But you know what would be best of all?

A year with NO repeats. Haven't had such a thing since the first 2 cruises!! There were then only 4 repeats in 2013, and well everything after that has been loaded with repeats.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:17 pm

We need a spreadsheet with bands on one axis and years on the other.
    Bodomdragon?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Cannot guarantee its 100% accurate but if not, its close:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=37841816313290847297
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:32 pm

Candlemass didn’t play in 2017 - I wish.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Also Overkill played last year
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:07 pm

It feels so... clinical to see them all laid down like this, like bodies in a morgue, when you have such great memories with them...
    However, out of all those (how many?) bands, there are only "a few" I really want to see (I left defunct bands in to prove my point):

Amon Amarth
    Anaal Nathrakh
    Atheist
    Behemoth
    Candlemass
    Coroner
    Death DTA
    DRI
    Fallujah
    Fear Factory
    Flotsam and Jetsam
    Gojira
    Malevolent Creation
    Melechesh
    Municipal Waste
    My Dying Bride
    Napalm Death
    Nevermore
    Nile
    Obituary
    Onslaught
    Pestilence
    Pungent Stench
    Sanctuary
    Saxon
    Tankard
    Terrorizer
    Tsjuder
    Twilight of the Gods

My point is that at first glance, we feel jaded seeing all these bands laid flat, but when we ask ourselves the question of which ones would bring us pleasure to see, there's a bounty of them - I already have half a lineup here.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:43 pm

Agreed.

Still, would be happy to have a lineup with all newbies!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:42 am

Godflesh wrote:We need a spreadsheet with bands on one axis and years on the other.
    Bodomdragon?

I can certainly work on that. Not really the kind of chart I like (one axis will have waaay too many values) but I'll figure it out. Statsman, is there an Excel file I can leverage on to make this easier with this information already existing?
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:43 am

cowboy71 wrote:Agreed.

Strongly disagree here. I love the current combination between good repeats and new bands. A little bit of each is just perfect!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:09 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:We need a spreadsheet with bands on one axis and years on the other.
    Bodomdragon?

I can certainly work on that. Not really the kind of chart I like (one axis will have waaay too many values) but I'll figure it out. Statsman, is there an Excel file I can leverage on to make this easier with this information already existing?

Statsman already did the legwork with the spreadsheet he sent, and he even warned that it wasn’t perfect.
    A little respect for our Commander, Sub-Lieutenant!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:20 am

Remember, we haven't all been going since the beginning. Bringing repeats is good for the newer crowd. The two bands on my bucket list still are Soilwork, a 2013 repeat, and In Vain.

I hope the repeats aren't from 2016, that would make me a sad bird. I'm going with 2017, the lineup so insane it made me cry twice.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:44 am

I don't want them to book all new bands just for the sake of doing so... I would prefer any combination that contributes to the best overall lineup. I can't really understand everyone's issue with repeats. I travel all the way to the city constantly to see my fav bands every time they come to town. Bands put out new albums and change their setlists. I have no issue going to see a great band multiple times. The cruise usually has enough new bands i haven't seen before to compliment the great repeat bands.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:33 am

Godflesh wrote:Also Overkill played last year

Good catch. You are correct that there is a missing Overkill performance on the spreadsheet. They should be have the 2017 cruise added to their list.

I also recall Pentagram (US) was announced for an earlier cruise & then cancelled beforehand. I was thinking possibly the 2012 cruise?
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:41 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:Also Overkill played last year

Good catch. You are correct that there is a missing Overkill performance on the spreadsheet. They should be have the 2017 cruise added to their list.

I also recall Pentagram (US) was announced for an earlier cruise & then cancelled beforehand. I was thinking possibly the 2012 cruise?

Correct you are - 2012 cruise they were announced but later withdrew.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:21 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Agreed.

Strongly disagree here. I love the current combination between good repeats and new bands. A little bit of each is just perfect!

I agree with this. While it's possible that a 100% new lineup might be really awesome for me, I think it's unlikely that Andy could get THAT many "cruise virgin" bands that I like. I like a mix of good, solid repeats and also some new blood and I think it works well for the cruise, too.

Hmm, 2016 WAS a really good lineup for me, too...and a better lineup for my friend Derek, who is waffling about going this year. A few choice bands from 2016 might sway him into coming along this year.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:22 pm

As much as some of us seemed to genuinely dislike that year, I really hope to say 2015.

2015 was the last year I couldn't go, I've been on 16/17/18.

Bands I like from 2015 that weren't on 18
    (so could be on 19) include:

Amorphis
    Anvil
    Annihilator
    Arch Enemy
    Behemoth
    Blind Guardian
    Einherjer
    Ensiferum
    Equilibrium
    God Dethroned
    Grave Digger
    In Extremo
    Jungle Rot
    Melechesh
    Municipal Waste
    Napalm Death
    Origin
    Pretty Maids
    Therion
    Thy Antichrist
    Venom
    & Wintersun
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:26 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote:In Extremo

They were on this year so are not eligible for 2019.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • arivera14
    Oiler

by arivera14 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:30 pm

Behemoth pleaseeeeee.... :metalguy:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:58 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:54 pm Since I'm now out of the 'guess the date of the first announcement' guessing game, how about another one? :P

I'm going with 2016. There was only 3 bands from that lineup on this year, and its kiiiiiiiinda a trend that there be no bands from the year previous, only a couple from the one before that, and a lot more from the one from 3 years previous.

(Note that this isn't really a guessing game as such, more of a discussion about repeats :P)

But yeah 2016 is my guess, which would make me really happy as that was a VERY good year for my musical tastes!
    So, with I believe 13 repeats, was 2016 the right answer?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:29 pm

Godflesh wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:58 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:54 pm Since I'm now out of the 'guess the date of the first announcement' guessing game, how about another one? :P

So, with I believe 13 repeats, was 2016 the right answer?
    YES :D GO ME!!! 2013 lineup coming in second will 11 from that lineup on in 2019.

And the format rang true again. No repeats from the previous year (2018), only a couple (3) from the year before (2017), and a heap from 2016.

2020 being cruise #10 and therefore a bit special might make things a bit different, overwise we could expect a lot of 2017 repeats on broad.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 21 posts Page 1 of 1