Post Reply 7 posts Page 1 of 1
Bringing Wine Aboard
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

Bringing Wine Aboard

by SpaceSlug » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:39 am

Royal Caribbean's own policies allow you to bring 2 bottles of wine per room. With strangers sharing rooms there would be no way to coordinate that but what about a 2-person room? Has anyone tried bringing wine aboard to a room where they and their roommate both are standing together? Checking in together etc?

Since 70K is technically a royal "charter" cruise royal can change the rules on us but I wasn't sure if this posted anywhere officially?
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Bringing Wine Aboard

by mbob » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:20 am

My understanding is they have not been allowing wine to be brought on board 70k. I haven't tried to but I have heard others who have and had to confiscated during boarding.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:00 am

They confiscate wine if they find it for 70k, nevermind Royal's own rules. Happened to a couple friends of mine.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:06 am

Question answered. Thanks.

I guess I will stick to bringing wine on to real cruises and just pay $37 for my 1 beer on 70K
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:24 am

We've found that if you bring wind in a carry-on, they will confiscate it. If you pack it in your luggage given to a porter to be delivered to your room, it will arrive safely. The booze prices are not outrageous, especially if you go to the same bartender throughout the cruise and tip generously.
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:38 pm

Yeah I forgot to mention that yes, royal's policy is the wine has to be in a checked bag. Which for 70K won't help me since I have never checked a bag for 5 years. I always just do a carry-on & and a backpack. But good to know you could take wine via checked luggage.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:41 pm

SpaceSlug wrote:Yeah I forgot to mention that yes, royal's policy is the wine has to be in a checked bag. Which for 70K won't help me since I have never checked a bag for 5 years. I always just do a carry-on & and a backpack. But good to know you could take wine via checked luggage.

No, it's the other way around: on "normal" cruises, wine can be brought in carry-ons and subject to inspection; but it's not allowed in checked luggage. This is consistent with other cruise lines such as Carnival.

Royal Caribbean's website states the following, under FAQs:

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only in their carry-on luggage on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom.

Then again, they say you can't bring soda onboard in carry-ons and yet, they generally allow it on "normal" cruises. :shock:
    Carnival officially allows each guest to bring aboard up to a 12-pack of canned soda in carry-ons, which is pretty cool.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
Post Reply 7 posts Page 1 of 1