Post Reply 2038 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: The God With One Hand

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:38 pm

Gratch wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:37 pm You should really check out Aether Realm’s “Tarot” album. It’s quite remarkable.
    I have. It was fine.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:53 pm

How about...

KATA-FUCKING-TONIA?!?!?!?!?!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:59 pm

cegr80 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:53 pm How about...

KATA-FUCKING-TONIA?!?!?!?!?!
    Given the lack of announcements, I think the skipper is currently catatonic.

:lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:06 pm

UPDATED!

God Dethroned doing a pretty awesome looking boat exclusive.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/728872593893577/

Think this is everything so far:

Accept - two shirts
    Arkona - Not sure
    Atrocity - Something. Unsure what
    Black Dahlia Murder - Something. Unsure what
    Bloodbath - shirt
    Bodyfarm - 2 shirts
    Convulse - Shirt, cassette, patch
    Coroner - Boat TS
    Dark Funeral - Boat TS
    Eluveitie - shirts
    Ensiferum - Something. Unsure what
    Exmortus - Something. Unsure what
    Fleshgod Apocalypse - Something. Unsure what
    Gloryhammer - Red dragon shirt with custom back
    God Dethroned - Boat TS
    Grim Reaper - Something. Unsure what
    Heidevolk - Something. Unsure what
    In Vain - CDs
    Kalmah - 70000 Tons of Swamp Metal shirts, and some other cool stuffs
    Krisiun - Unsure
    Mayan - Shirt, and CDs
    Mors - stuff, unknown what
    NeO - Unsure
    Night Demon - tank, boat shirt ,double CD and a tote bag
    Nile - Something. Unsure what
    Obituary - boat shirt, shirt, legging, pics, hat
    Onslaught - Unsure
    Paradise Lost - Shirt
    Persefone - No idea
    Pestilence - shirt, hat, patch
    Raven - Something. Unsure what
    RIOT V - GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE
    Sodom - 3 Boat shirts
    Soulfly - Something. Unsure what
    Subway to Sally - Not bringing anything
    Svartsot - Not Sure
    Tiamat - Unsure
    Tristania - Unsure
    Tyr - Shirt, Tank, Hat
    Twilight Force - Something. Unsure what
    Unleash The Archers - Something. Unsure what
    Van Canto - TS, two CDs
    Visions of Atlantis - Boat shirt
    Vicious Rumors - Boat shirts, DVD, CD
    Vomitory - shirts, patch, can cooler
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • stevep52
    Oiler

by stevep52 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:45 pm

Suffocation was a last minute add to MDF to fill in for bands dropping out due to Visa issues. Perhaps they would be willing to join the cruise as a last minute add.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:52 pm

stevep52 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:45 pm Suffocation was a last minute add to MDF to fill in for bands dropping out due to Visa issues. Perhaps they would be willing to join the cruise as a last minute add.
    They’ll be in India, according to their guitarist on Instagram.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:16 am

bodomdragon wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:17 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:58 pm One silver lining for me is that, HOPEFULLY, if they are scrambling for bands, it increases the chances of other bands with current members on board being added because obviously there is already a member on the boat anyway, and if they are on the boat it means their other band obviously doesn't have any conflicting tour commitments.

ANCIENT BARDS - their bass player is with NeO at the moment
    TEMPERANCE - one of their two male singers is the new singer with Visions of Atlantis
    EXIT EDEN - Clem from Visions of Atlantis sings with that project
    DRAGONY - Herb their bass player also plays for Visions
    TRICK OR TREAT - their lead singer is the new lead singer for Twilight Force
    SEVENTH. FUCKING. WONDER.
    It amazes me how you guys all know who's all playing in each others' bands, etc... I barely know half the peoples' names I work with.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:17 am

UltimoAviso wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:04 am If ya need a band Andy see the link below in my signature \/ ;)
    Damn fine signature!

:cheers:
    9 Time Vet.
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:44 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:26 pm
    bodomdragon wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:17 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:58 pm One silver lining for me is that, HOPEFULLY, if they are scrambling for bands, it increases the chances of other bands with current members on board being added because obviously there is already a member on the boat anyway, and if they are on the boat it means their other band obviously doesn't have any conflicting tour commitments.

ANCIENT BARDS - their bass player is with NeO at the moment
    TEMPERANCE - one of their two male singers is the new singer with Visions of Atlantis
    EXIT EDEN - Clem from Visions of Atlantis sings with that project
    DRAGONY - Herb their bass player also plays for Visions
    TRICK OR TREAT - their lead singer is the new lead singer for Twilight Force
    SEVENTH. FUCKING. WONDER.
    That's 6 :D
    CIRITH UNGOL makes 7.
    There you go skipper, we've practically completed the lineup for you!
    It should be noted that three members of HELSOTT will be on board.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:52 am

In Skipper we trust, but yeah, come on continue with the announcements...
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:27 pm

*crickets*
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:48 pm

If we do actually get another 9 (or 10) bands, I’ll be pleasantly surprised. Otherwise, I’ll just enjoy what we’ve got. It’s a pretty good lineup for me as-is.

With any luck, fewer bands might mean I don’t have to stay up for the “fuck you o’clock” set this year. Although I have to admit that Aeternam’s 5am set last year was amazing. Might have been my favorite of the cruise.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:29 pm

Gratch wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:48 pmAlthough I have to admit that Aeternam’s 5am set last year was amazing. Might have been my favorite of the cruise.
    That was epic indeed.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:10 pm

Gratch wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:48 pm If we do actually get another 9 (or 10) bands, I’ll be pleasantly surprised. Otherwise, I’ll just enjoy what we’ve got. It’s a pretty good lineup for me as-is.
    Agreed :cheers:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:13 pm

... yeah, you know what, if this is it, I'm okay with that. I'll have time to make everything more relaxed. I'll be upset LATER, but I fully intend to make the most of whatever happens in the next... 4? Days.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:51 pm

c'mon Andy - we had all the bands except Exodus by the time I left for Miami last year - this year I still have to wait for what 10 bands wtf … are you doing the 1 every hour thing this year - just asking :givebeer: :cheers: :beerhorns:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:57 am

Bands 51 to 60, please welcome....

ANDY PILLER & THE LINEUP FILLERS!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:06 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:44 pm ONE WEEK TO GO

2018 we had another 6 from this point
    2017 we only had 2 to go
    2016 we had 10
    2015 we had 16 to go
    2014 we had 5 to go
    2013 we had 7
    2012 we had 5 to go
    2011 we knew the entire lineup!

So we are currently ranking 3rd worst in regards to most bands left to announce with a week to go (equal 2rd if we actually get 61 bands have 10 to go).

2015 we got 9 in the last 4 days, 2016 it was 9 in the last 5. So fairly recent history indicates that once we've reached this point we might not see any announcements until the weekend.
    2019 became the worst 2nd (assuming Riot v is out)?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:13 am

Well actually, 2015 we had 9 announcements in the last 4 days including one cancellation (Xentrix).

So if Riot V are out, we will have 10 announcements and one cancellation (Riot V) making this officially the worst ever.

And ironically, in 2015 Riot V were one of those last 9 announcements. Funny that this time they will be the cancellation!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:22 am

100% anxiety, resigned to the bands (thanks Andy) and seeing how everyone arrives in Fort Lauderdale, I wish you an excellent trip folks!!!
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:39 am

We've got to get at least one band announcement today.....don't we? :roll: :|

The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if we don't find out the final bands until we get handed the 70K program by the pool girls as we broad the ship. :lol:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:08 am

For anyone who might be curious... Jeff Waters replied to me on Facebook confirming he will not be on the ship this year.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:12 am

Downvod wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:08 am For anyone who might be curious... Jeff Waters replied to me on Facebook confirming he will not be on the ship this year.
    Really? For the first time ever Jeff Waters won't lead the All Star Jam?

... IS there an All Star Jam?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:23 am

Phoenix wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:12 am
    Downvod wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:08 am For anyone who might be curious... Jeff Waters replied to me on Facebook confirming he will not be on the ship this year.

It’s listed in the special events section on the website, but without Waters in the title. They did forget/neglect to remove his name from some other text though...

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:25 am

I know he is also married now and living in England. It may not have been worth it to him to come out from Europe just for the all star jam.

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:20 am

Downvod wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:23 am

It’s listed in the special events section on the website, but without Waters in the title. They did forget/neglect to remove his name from some other text though...
    Maybe another band member will take over each year. I bet Andy Dillion from Mors would be awesome at it!
    9 Time Vet.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:22 am

Phoenix wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:12 am Really? For the first time ever Jeff Waters won't lead the All Star Jam?

No more Jamming with Waters in International Waters. The event name was catchy
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:34 pm

I'm already looking forward to this year's survey ... :roll:
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
  • dcmetal02
    Oiler

by dcmetal02 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:36 pm

If they go with only 50 bands this year, they should allow each band to play longer! There's already enough bands I want to see that this would be a decent alternative :)
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:40 pm

dcmetal02 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:36 pm If they go with only 50 bands this year, they should allow each band to play longer! There's already enough bands I want to see that this would be a decent alternative :)
    There’s no reason to assume at this point that there will only be 50 bands. There have been several years where there have been similar situations, and they always end up with at least 60.

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:20 pm

I've officially stopped caring. I'm in South Beach and the weather is beautiful. I'm drinking a beer on the balcony and there is a drag show happening in the bar downstairs.
    We're going to get the boat, the bands, the people...
    Yeah, I'll have things to say on my comment form. But really, unless it falls apart on the ship, I'm coming back next year.
    Andy: I don't care when you announce the final ten. Doing it while we're boarding is just as good as doing it now.
    See you fuckers soon.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:22 pm

acidbasement wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:20 pm I've officially stopped caring. I'm in South Beach and the weather is beautiful. I'm drinking a beer on the balcony and there is a drag show happening in the bar downstairs.
    Yeah, I'll have things to say on my comment form. But really, unless it falls apart on the ship, I'm coming back next year.
    Andy: I don't care when you announce the final ten. Doing it while we're boarding is just as good as doing it now.
    See you fuckers soon.
    Cheers!!! :cheers:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:35 pm

acidbasement wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:20 pm I've officially stopped caring. I'm in South Beach and the weather is beautiful. I'm drinking a beer on the balcony and there is a drag show happening in the bar downstairs.
    See you fuckers soon.
    This is about where I'm at too, although I have a couple more days until I actually get to South Beach. Mentally, I'm already there.

And why are you not downstairs? A drag show sounds fun!

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

#WhyNotBloodRedThrone?

by Andy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:47 pm

Some Sailors keep asking me #WhyNotBloodRedThrone? Together with my fantastic crew, we set out year after year to create the best Heavy Metal festival experience there is, always with keen attention to the highly valued feedback from all of our Survivors!

At long last, please welcome Norwegian Death Metal heavyweights BLOOD RED THRONE onbroad Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Just a little over Three days until sailors from a myriad of different Countries will be embarking on this voyage, so if you do not have a spot secured, make haste and sign up for our Waiting List immediately, or else you'll stay shoreside wishing you were with us...

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: #WhyNotBloodRedThrone?

by Gratch » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:57 pm

Lol, that’s awesome.

No hint though?

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:17 pm

Gratch wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:57 pm Lol, that’s awesome.

No hint though?
    A little over "Three" days. We're getting another three bands.

About time, Skipper. Now how about you address the Riot issue?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:23 pm

The "T" in three and "C" in countries are capitalized. Probably means we are getting another triple announcement of bands from three different countries.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:56 pm

Here’s a hint.

Are you ready to board the “s”ailing “v”essel?

Get SAINT VITUS on broad!
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:23 pm The "T" in three and "C" in countries are capitalized. Probably means we are getting another triple announcement of bands from three different countries.
    Please Andy, Tengger Calvary!!!
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:05 pm

Well, definitely can't say that Andy doesn't pay attention to our posts and hashtags... :lol:

Not sure how to interpret that post, though. T and C are capitalized but do NOT have quotes around them. My best guess is as someone else surmised: three more announcements from three different countries. Maybe Cripper nominees, but -- thinking of Kalmah -- maybe not.
    Then again, it could just be bad capitalization from Andy. :twisted:

My friend Derek and I don't start our drive down to Florida until Tuesday, but for everyone already traveling toward S. Florid and those who are about to start out on their adventures, SAFE TRAVELS, EVERYONE!
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
Post Reply 2038 posts