Post Reply 118 posts
How Fast Will 2019 Sell Out?
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

Re: How Fast Will 2019 Sell Out?

by Ti7aNiC » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:29 pm

I get that it's essentially false advertising, but they have this clause in their ticket contract:
    - "UMCruises reserves the right to increase published prices without notice. In the event of an increase, the Guest has the option of accepting the increased fare or canceling the reservation without penalty."

As such, and because you didn't actually pay them for anything yet (the change happened between their informal booking request and formal invoice), I'd say they can charge you the higher cost without legal issue.

Piss off a bunch of people or be out like $40k; we know what will happen.
    Last edited by Ti7aNiC on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:33 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:36 pm
    acidbasement wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:14 pm I guarantee you that they have hundreds of thousands in a just-in-case fund. This won't affect this year's cruise.
    Checking Canadian law, it's bait and switch (illegal) if they don't honour the quoted price.
    UMC isn’t a Canadian company.
    Last I noticed, they were (technically) located in Grand Cayman. Which likely means not much legal recourse.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:25 am

Pellaz wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:33 pm Last I noticed, they were (technically) located in Grand Cayman. Which likely means not much legal recourse.
    From a legal point of view it will be difficult to do anything. If UMC would play hard ball and insist on the higher price you would have the option to say no and not be on board or to pay, enjoy the cruise and have the issue resolved in courts after. The whole legal case might take months or years as different countries are involved. It will probably mean a nice in advance chunk you'll have to pay for an attorney. For 200 bucks all that would make little to no sense.

However what usually happens in such a case (speaking from experience with other companies), they will try to be as customer friendly as financially possible for them. So let's see what happens.
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:24 am

They have honored the original price! I am all paid!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:35 am

mbob wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:24 am They have honored the original price! I am all paid!
    Fantastic! Now that shows that they DO care about us customers. Great deal you made there!
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:43 am

mbob wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:24 am They have honored the original price! I am all paid!
    Wonderful news!
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:02 am

I think honoring the original price was the right thing to do. While that is what I was hoping for I would have respected their decision regardless of which way it could have gone. Because of this I will plan on getting the same cabin category next year and will budget the extra money to do so.

BTW...I don't think any bait-and-switch laws would have come into play here. You have to prove intent in those cases and it has been obvious that this was an error, not fraudulent.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:38 am

As a business decision it was wrong,there was little to gain.Sometimes when you see a mistake price on a product or airline ticket,the free advertising you get and drive to your site is worth honoring the price.I imagine all the cost savings in not doing on the ground promotion for the cruise and a few other things,they can balance this out.But it still “stings “ and also as a rule of business it starts the death by a thousand cuts cycle.It always seems to be a prediction of mistakes in the near future,all of the sudden bad stuff happens and something like the 70k T-shirt gets stuck at the dock because it is late and you realize you shouldn’t have been so quick to do something like this in the beginning.Kudos to them but little goodwill but too early for such a costly error.Love of Metal doesn’t pay the bills.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:52 am

deathmetalpat wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:38 am As a business decision it was wrong,there was little to gain.Sometimes when you see a mistake price on a product or airline ticket,the free advertising you get and drive to your site is worth honoring the price.I imagine all the cost savings in not doing on the ground promotion for the cruise and a few other things,they can balance this out.But it still “stings “ and also as a rule of business it starts the death by a thousand cuts cycle.It always seems to be a prediction of mistakes in the near future,all of the sudden bad stuff happens and something like the 70k T-shirt gets stuck at the dock because it is late and you realize you shouldn’t have been so quick to do something like this in the beginning.Kudos to them but little goodwill but too early for such a costly error.Love of Metal doesn’t pay the bills.
    Pat...you have been nothing but negative regarding this. You are making a lot of assumptions. You don't know what they can or can not afford or how it will impact things. Maybe they did not book that many Jr Balcony Quads (since they also book Doubles and Triples of the same) therefore the "loss" is not that bad. Obviously if they are honoring the price then it works from them. Otherwise they would not have. Let's just give kudos to 70K and move on. Nothing more to see here.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Sure, cold and calculated business sense would tell you the solution was to charge full price. But sometimes it's not about being a good businessman.

Despite there being money in this (or not), the cruise was never set up to generate capital. It was set up to run a good show. And we KNOW that some bands have paid their own way on broad, because they really want to play. I don't see any harm in owning up to your mistakes and honouring a price as advertised. As long as the festival doesn't go bankrupt (and it won't), from this it's a non-issue.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:39 pm

I'm a bit worried.. Last year there seemed to be more free spots for single male cabins after the public sales started. I got one after silver sales ended. Statsman, is it just how I feel? Or should I check free cabin spots?
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:57 pm

mbob wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:52 am
    deathmetalpat wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:38 am As a business decision it was wrong,there was little to gain.Sometimes when you see a mistake price on a product or airline ticket,the free advertising you get and drive to your site is worth honoring the price.I imagine all the cost savings in not doing on the ground promotion for the cruise and a few other things,they can balance this out.But it still “stings “ and also as a rule of business it starts the death by a thousand cuts cycle.It always seems to be a prediction of mistakes in the near future,all of the sudden bad stuff happens and something like the 70k T-shirt gets stuck at the dock because it is late and you realize you shouldn’t have been so quick to do something like this in the beginning.Kudos to them but little goodwill but too early for such a costly error.Love of Metal doesn’t pay the bills.
    Pat...you have been nothing but negative regarding this. You are making a lot of assumptions. You don't know what they can or can not afford or how it will impact things. Maybe they did not book that many Jr Balcony Quads (since they also book Doubles and Triples of the same) therefore the "loss" is not that bad. Obviously if they are honoring the price then it works from them. Otherwise they would not have. Let's just give kudos to 70K and move on. Nothing more to see here.
    The margin of this endeavor is very thin ,people think this cruise is making a lot of money don’t understand business.Also it was such an oblivious mistake that I am sure enough rational people booked it .it was cheaper for 3 people to book a quad and pay for the extra $423 and open spot (by $233 using full combined 15% discount).Then those 3 could sell that open spot for whatever they wanted and make it even cheaper for the group of 3.Trust me this hurts,not assuming anything I know ran my own business for 25 years.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Does anyone know if UMC have any other form of revenue?

I mean think about it. If not, this cruise is the ONLY way they make money. So not only does their margin on cabins and their cut of the taxes,booking fees, etc have to cover all the cruise costs, but all the all-year-round expenses of office rental and associated costs, wages of numerous web admins, call staff, etc.

So yeah I would imagine their margins are very tight indeed. and with regards to the comment "the cruise was never set up to generate capital. It was set up to run a good show." That may be true, but no-one wants to LOSE money.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Sold out categories in red. By my count, over a third of the cabins in sold out categories now.

Type / Double / Triple / Quad / Quin/ SEX / Sept / Oct /
    Standard Interior 6V / 86 /
    Standard Interior 4V / 227 /
    Standard Interior 3V / ?? / 1 / 151 /
    Standard Interior 2V / 81 /
    Standard Interior 1V / ?? / ?? / 26 /
    Promenade View 1T / 168/
    Spacious Interior 1R / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 2 /
    Spacious Prome 1Q / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 4 /
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Ocean View 8N / 36 / / /
    Ocean View 3N / ?? / ?? / 35 /
    Ocean View 2N / 80 /
    Ocean View 1N / ?? / ?? / 67 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 15 /
    Spacious Ocean 1M / ?? / ?? / 7 /
    Ultra Spacious 1K / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 10 /
    Spacious Pano 1L / 6 / ?? / 33 /
    Standard Balcony 6D / 12 /
    Standard Balcony 5D / ?? / 22 /
    Standard Balcony 2D / 221 /
    Standard Balcony 1D / ?? / 63 / 7 /
    Spacious Balcony 6B / 113 /
    Spacious Balcony 4B / 108 /
    Spacious Balcony 3B / ?? / ?? / 92 /
    Spacious Balcony 2B / 30 /
    Spacious Balcony 1B / ?? / ?? / 48 /
    Pano Suite VP / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 2 /
    Balcony Suite J3 / ?? / ?? / 56 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 31 /
    Grand Suite GS / ?? / ?? / 22 /
    Grand Suite GT / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / ?? / ?? / 6 /
    Owner Suite OS / ?? / ?? / 6 /

Total Cabins, by my count: 1872
    Total Cabins, according to cruisedeckplans website: 1918
    Total Cabins in sold out categories: 668
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:57 am

So, I'm almost sure you will have the answer to this: How fast are the sales compared to the previous years?

I rember quite a few posts here saying that the long wait before announcements will have put off some Gold Survivors. Are Gold sales any slower than usual?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:05 am

Sales are pretty much on par with sales for this year's cruise.

Maybe slightly quicker in fact.

Always difficult to tell though because while we know how many cabins have been sold in sold out categories, we have zero idea how many have been allocated in the other categories.

That is to say, for exampe there are 221 cabins in category 2D and they are not sold out yet. But we don't know if there 1 of those left, or all 221 :)

But, after 1 day of Gold Survivors being on sale last year, the sold out categories added up to 469 cabins.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:36 am

Furthermore we don‘t know if all the rooms in one category are available for sales. We can never be sure what rooms have been allocated to bands, staff, beer, etc.
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:45 am

Amalu wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:36 am Furthermore we don‘t know if all the rooms in one category are available for sales. We can never be sure what rooms have been allocated to bands, staff, beer, etc.
    On top of that capacity is not determined by cabins but by life boat zones. Once a life boat zone's capacity has been met then remaining cabins in the zone are no longer available. Regular cruises base things on double occupancy while 70K likes to fill each cabin to the max. This is why there are empty cabins when the cruise is sold out. This makes trying to determine cabin availability even more difficult.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:50 am

That is very true. Lifeboat zones are the ultimate factor.

With all those factors we are barely over wild guessing when doing our little calculations here. :mrgreen:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Phoenix wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:10 pm Despite there being money in this (or not), the cruise was never set up to generate capital. It was set up to run a good show.
    Umm, I had to lol at this. Of course the cruise was set up to generate capital. There's NOTHING wrong with wanting to make a profit. How much of that profit is plowed back into the following year's festival to make it a good show and how much is retained by the corporation's stockholders is a different -- and fascinating -- issue.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:13 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:09 pm Umm, I had to lol at this. Of course the cruise was set up to generate capital. There's NOTHING wrong with wanting to make a profit. How much of that profit is plowed back into the following year's festival to make it a good show and how much is retained by the corporation's stockholders is a different -- and fascinating -- issue.
    Fine, I'll clarify. Of course it generates enough capital to repeat the cruise, but this isn't like most corporations where the goal is to make its investors or presidents ass loads of money. That's what I meant by generating capital, excuse me for being on my phone and not wanting to write an essay. I somehow doubt that Andy is rolling in dough from 70k profits, it's more used to improve the cruise year over year.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:06 am

acidbasement wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:14 pm I guarantee you that they have hundreds of thousands in a just-in-case fund. This won't affect this year's cruise.
    Checking Canadian law, it's bait and switch (illegal) if they don't honour the quoted price.
    Interesting. They used to have their office in Canada. Now they seem to have moved to Bahamas (main contact) and UK (payments).
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:57 am

bodomdragon wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:06 am
    Interesting. They used to have their office in Canada. Now they seem to have moved to Bahamas (main contact) and UK (payments).
    --Except that they also retain an office in Vancouver, based on the invoice paperwork I got with my booking confirmation.

Pretty sure I saw a mention of Cayman Islands at one point, too.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Pellaz wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:57 am --Except that they also retain an office in Vancouver, based on the invoice paperwork I got with my booking confirmation.

Pretty sure I saw a mention of Cayman Islands at one point, too.
    I only have an address in the Bahamas on the paperwork I received.

I thought that I saw a UK address at some point somewhere as well.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Well to totally screw with everyone,they are not a corporate entity either (technically) ,anywhere.They are a LLP.which is basically a pass though partnership with limited liability in case of failure or lawsuits.Somebody put that that thought that they had ‘$100,000s laying around “ which is totally incorrect on all levels.They paid out the proceeds ,probably on a yearly basis.This protects them from being subject to a bad year and losing all the profits from prior years.Andy or someone is the general partner,and makes all the decisions that are needed to run the business day to day.People can buy in or sell their shares in the partnership,usually an investor who doesn’t care much for the ongoing business makes an substantial investment to get it going and cashes out if it is a success .Gyms,restaurants,events etc. ,are very good uses for LLP as people will the energy,drive and experience to go on this endeavors usually don’t have the capability to finance them to start.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Sold out categories in red. Another 50 cabins added to the sold out categories total.

Promenade View 1T / 168/
    Ocean View 8N / 36 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 80 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 15 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 31 /
    Grand Suite GT / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / ?? / ?? / 6 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories: 716
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:11 am

So with quite a few cabins leftover,more than in prior years,he could hold back great bands until after public sales.This would allow new cruisers on the ship and the lost of discount for booking before public sales would correct for price mistake.That was probably the simple solution if he does have a great band to announce.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:45 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:11 am So with quite a few cabins leftover,more than in prior years,he could hold back great bands until after public sales.This would allow new cruisers on the ship and the lost of discount for booking before public sales would correct for price mistake.That was probably the simple solution if he does have a great band to announce.
    Sales do seem to be a bit slower than last year, with a little over half a day until Silver sales open up. Currently quite a few less categories sold out compared to the same time for the 2018 cruise.

Will be interesting to see where we are at, this time tomorrow, after silver sales open up.

After silver had been open for a day or so last year, the total of cabins in sold out categories equalled 1,236.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:28 pm

FinnPete wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:39 pm I'm a bit worried.. Last year there seemed to be more free spots for single male cabins after the public sales started. I got one after silver sales ended. Statsman, is it just how I feel? Or should I check free cabin spots?
    Now there seems to be just couple of choices at this point, 3N Quad and 2V Double. I hope I got one but definitely worse situation than on last cruise when I was choosing on public sales. On the other hand there seems to be more cabins available.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:02 pm

Sold out categories in red.

Gone since Silver sales opened are 2v (81), 1n quad (67), 1 b double (??), vp (2), and gt 4 and 7 (??)

Promenade View 1T / 168/
    Ocean View 8N / 36 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 80 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 15 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 31 /
    Grand Suite GT / -- / -- / ??? / ?? / ?? / ??? / 6 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories: 866
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Still a nice variety of cabins left but PROMENADE VIEW is still the most poorly priced category in the entire boat.I think they are a a bit cheaper compared to other years but they shouldn’t cost anymore than the other standard interiors.They need to be $100 cheaper per person.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:52 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:24 pm Still a nice variety of cabins left but PROMENADE VIEW is still the most poorly priced category in the entire boat.I think they are a a bit cheaper compared to other years but they shouldn’t cost anymore than the other standard interiors.They need to be $100 cheaper per person.
    I think the 2015 cruise was the last time I booked a Promenade double, and they were $1,199 pp then. So they've gone up $US400 pp in 4 years.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Sold out categories in red.

Gone since Silver sales opened are 2v (81), 1n quad (67), 1 b double (??), vp (2), and gt 4 and 7 (??)

Add 1M Quads (7) and 6B doubles (113) to the categories sold out since silver sales opened.

Promenade View 1T / 168/
    Ocean View 8N / 36 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 80 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 15 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 31 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories: 986
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:38 pm

So, we've seen the first weekend of Silver sales and still there seem to be quite a few cabins left. Also a lot of single female spots and some single male.
    Reading through the historical posts it seems slower than last year.
    Out of interest: How many bands had been announced at this time last year?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:02 pm

Amalu wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:38 pm
    Out of interest: How many bands had been announced at this time last year?
    On this date last year, 24 bands had been announced.
    At a similar stage last year (ie. a few days after silver sales opened, which was July 17th), 21 bands had been announced.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:18 pm

1N (67) have opened up again.

Promenade View 1T / 168/
    Ocean View 8N / 36 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 80 /
    Ocean View 1N / ?? / ?? / 67** /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 15 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 31 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories: 919

** = Cabin previously marked as sold out. Can only be 1 or 2 available.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:42 am

They gave me the wrong category of stateroom. I called and left a message Friday Sept 14 and sent a few emails. Still haven't heard back.

How did you contact them to resolve your issue?
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:23 am

Donutsauce wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:42 am
    They gave me the wrong category of stateroom. I called and left a message Friday Sept 14 and sent a few emails. Still haven't heard back.

I called them and left a message. They got back to me.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

• Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:08 pm

mbob wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:23 am
    Donutsauce wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:42 am

I called them and left a message. They got back to me.
    omg I had a voicemail from Saturday. I'm all set. I suppose the rooms on the deck plans they have online don't necessarily match the categories exactly, perhaps due to the upgrade or I am just horrible at interpreting deck plans.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:46 pm

All I know is I'm paying a shitload of money for an expanded balcony. I really hope my gf appreciates this costly gesture! :mrgreen:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard