Post Reply 92 posts
2019 Set Length Speculation
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 2019 Set Length Speculation

by Hoppy McGee » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:18 am

Adding Vicious Rumors to the 45ers as well.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:47 pm

TYR got 45mn in 2016.

Also, I love CORONER, but I doubt their 60mn: they only have 338 YouTube subscribers!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Godflesh wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:47 pm TYR got 45mn in 2016.

Also, I love CORONER, but I doubt their 60mn: they only have 338 YouTube subscribers!
    Agreed.

I would expect AT LEAST one more band worthy of a 60 minute set in the remaining 9 (or 10) bands. Most likely 2.

Given our list currently has 1 more 60-minute band than 2018, someone is gonna get less than that. Coroner would be a good guess.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:59 pm

Somewhat related, who do you think gets the spots for clinics and album listening parties?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Godflesh wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:47 pm Also, I love CORONER, but I doubt their 60mn: they only have 338 YouTube subscribers!
    Yeah I think you may be right. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some of the other bands that previously got 60 minutes get knocked down to 45 (Dark Funeral, Kalmah, Nile, Tiamat). Especially if we end up getting another biggish name or two among the last few bands.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:58 pm

Yes, all the bands that only got 60mn on the Majesty are candidates, since there were many less bands for the same duration.
    But Kalmah got 60mn in 2017 on the Indy, so that's fairly recent.
    That still leaves 4 bands to "demote" to 45mn.
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:14 am

Just talked to Tiamat. Only one set will be a "wildhoney" set
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:41 am

2018 had two bands that ended up getting 60 minutes in the final 1, 2017 had three..

2018 we finished with Kataklysm and Exodus who both got 60 minute sets.

2017 the 52nd band (Angra) and the 59th band (Carcass) got 60 minutes. The final 61st band Overkill also got 60.

2016 all the last bands got 45 minutes. In fact that lineup, the 41st band (Eluveitie) was the last one announced that got 60 minutes.
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:29 am

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:41 am 2017 the 52nd band (Angra) and the 59th band (Carcass) got 60 minutes.
    I think Overkill also got 60 min, and they were the 61st band
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:21 pm

ExtraneouS wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:29 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:41 am 2017 the 52nd band (Angra) and the 59th band (Carcass) got 60 minutes.
    I think Overkill also got 60 min, and they were the 61st band
    Absolutely correct! Thanks for that!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • dcmetal02
    Oiler

by dcmetal02 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:30 am

Shouldn't TYR be playing for an hour based off their popularity of monthly streams?
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:59 pm

We got 5 bands wrong and 1 band half wrong.
    Actual numbers:
    3x75
    14x60 (1 more than usual)
    43x45 (plus 1 45mn Coroner show)

75 minutes
    Accept
    Eluveitie (guessed 60)
    Rage ft. LMO (guessed 60)

60 minutes
    Bloodbath
    Coroner
    Dark Funeral