Post Reply 250 posts
70K 2019 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

Re: 70K 2019 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:26 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:55 am
    cegr80 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:31 am
    ..... Speaking of which, who took the big group picture? It was a guy with a hat. .....
    That really narrows it down. :lol:
    LMAO, I meant THIS photographer:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:56 am

cegr80 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:31 am
    mooyagi wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:47 am Popped down to the Schooner Bar and it was too packed so I left. Sorry folks. :lol: Maybe next time.
    Excuses, excuses...

In all honesty, it was indeed too packed and it was actually hot. We had to move out of the bar to take the group picture.
    Maybe try for the Sports Bar next year? It's a bit more open.....
    Speaking of which, who took the big group picture? It was a guy with a hat. I know Speedy took another pic with less of us
    I was told that was "Tom Couture"?

I'd like to see the photo as well. Maybe my ugly mug broke the camera, though. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:54 am

Yeah I really want to see that group picture where we tried to get in circle first and then faced away from the bar!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:47 pm

Definitely Tom Couture.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:46 am

It was great to meet so many of you, thanks.

Hopefully we can somehow get the group pictures.

The Schoner Bar was definitely not ideal. At embarkation time it instantly gets overcrowded. The Sports Bar seems to be a nice space for next year's meet and greet.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:20 am

Was good to meet a few of you for, oh, about 30 seconds. LOL

Stupid me didn't realize the name tags cost $3. So I came to the bar, quickly said hi to a few folks, then ran back up to my room to get $$. I got totally sidetracked coming back down, and by the time that conversation was over, it was time for shows to start.

Oh well, will try again next year.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:28 pm

Yep, I'm thinking maybe the Sports Bar or -- if we can be SURE it's open at embark -- the Viking Crown Lounge for 2020.
    Gratch wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:20 am Was good to meet a few of you for, oh, about 30 seconds. LOL
    I remember your Sigh t-shirt. :D
    Looking forward to seeing them later this year in Atlanta.
    Stupid me didn't realize the name tags cost $3. So I came to the bar, quickly said hi to a few folks, then ran back up to my room to get $$. I got totally sidetracked coming back down, and by the time that conversation was over, it was time for shows to start.
    Oh well, will try again next year.
    One person was offering them for free, and another was asking for $3 each. I suspect "donations" in either case would have been welcome since they probably weren't cheap to print.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:21 pm

I was there but I think I lost everyone when I was waiting for a beer. How about next time to do it at 9 somewhere on deck 12 on 2nd
    day (first sea day)?

EDIT: Ah, is it the damn day when everyone is on merch line.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:43 pm

FinnPete wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:21 pm I was there but I think I lost everyone when I was waiting for a beer. How about next time to do it at 9 somewhere on deck 12 on 2nd
    day (first sea day)?

EDIT: Ah, is it the damn day when everyone is on merch line.
    Any other day than embarkation day would make it very difficult, mainly because everybody will be spread out/hungover/eating/sleeping/and so on...
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Yeah, that might happen. How about at the elevators on deck 11 or 12 at the same time (where you go to WJ, forward elevators?)? No one can get outside so it should be quite quiet place.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:16 pm

FinnPete wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:06 pm Yeah, that might happen. How about at the elevators on deck 11 or 12 at the same time (where you go to WJ, forward elevators?)? No one can get outside so it should be quite quiet place.
    I second the vote for the Viking Crown lounge as next years meeting space.

Plenty of space
    Almost always very quite

Only down side is the bar in unlikely to be open, but maybe we can put a bug in someone’s ear to have it staffed :)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:19 pm

slayergeek wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:16 pm
    FinnPete wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:06 pm Yeah, that might happen. How about at the elevators on deck 11 or 12 at the same time (where you go to WJ, forward elevators?)? No one can get outside so it should be quite quiet place.

Plenty of space
    Almost always very quite
    And a really cool view of the ship from up there, too.
    Only down side is the bar in unlikely to be open, but maybe we can put a bug in someone’s ear to have it staffed :)
    That was actually my first concern. We'd wanted to move it to an actual open bar this year instead of by the sports court as in past years. Well, the bar WAS open, but it was also majorly crowded...

We could meet in Izumi! Pretty much guaranteed to be otherwise empty since I'd be surprised if they had more than ten paying customers (at $45+) the entire trip. :lol: (I'm kidding, ov corpse.)
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Plenty of space
    Almost always very quite

Viking Crown Lounge, noice! A place I've never seen on the boat.

My first thought was the Sports Bar, the best new addition to the boat, but it may also be too crowded since it's a hit.

I wore my badge all day Thu and Fri, lots of compliments on it, and people called me by my name, (joke), cause it's my real name, haha, it was awesome. But by Sat it wouldn't stick anymore and was sad I had to ditch it.

PS: The gal selling the stickers for $3 or a drink, told me a few days later, she got so wasted, she will never make that mistake again. Lessons we learn on das boat, haha! What is her user name here, she was awesome!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:58 pm

Did anybody try the burgers at the sports bar? Are they better than the horrible ones at the WJ or the bad ones at JR?
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Godflesh wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:58 pm Did anybody try the burgers at the sports bar? Are they better than the horrible ones at the WJ or the bad ones at JR?
    Had sliders and wings there, I thought they were good. Offered Barney Greenway (Napalm Death) some wings while chatting with him, he's vegan, he politely declined, such a great guy.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:46 pm

I went , ran into a bunch of people I already know, met AstridDragon, Cherry called me an asshole cuz I didn't have my sticker( had printed my own, but was in my checked bag) then she gave me sticker-paid for it later.

Then, later at Accept, a lady ripped the sticker off my shirt " Are you trying to get laid or not??" ...all in fun... I think.

LOL

:beerbang:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:47 am

Bob wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:37 pmPS: The gal selling the stickers for $3 or a drink, told me a few days later, she got so wasted, she will never make that mistake again. Lessons we learn on das boat, haha! What is her user name here, she was awesome!
    Her username is CherryThorne. And yes, she was nice. She complimented my Be'lakor t-shirt and gave me a hug
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:51 am

Godflesh wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:58 pmDid anybody try the burgers at the sports bar? Are they better than the horrible ones at the WJ or the bad ones at JR?
    LOL, I remember I went to the Windjammer once cuz I was craving for a burger and made myself one. I was lit so the burger tasted like glory :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:30 pm

I think Viking Crown sounds like a great idea.

Bar not open? No biggie - plenty that will be open on the way there, so just grab yourself a drink on the way or even better, grab a bucket of beers to share around :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:45 pm

cegr80 wrote: LOL, I remember I went to the Windjammer once cuz I was craving for a burger and made myself one. I was lit so the burger tasted like glory :lol:
    You must have been REALLY lit, then. I haven't had a hamburger THAT bad since high-school. :shock:
    cowboy71 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:30 pm I think Viking Crown sounds like a great idea.

Bar not open? No biggie - plenty that will be open on the way there, so just grab yourself a drink on the way or even better, grab a bucket of beers to share around :)
    If everyone wants to take that "risk" :D , then hey, Viking Crown is cool with me. It's a pretty nifty, under-used spot.
    It IS tricky to get to, though. I think the starboard aft elevators are the only ones that go that high, so if you get on the other elevators, just hop off at some point and walk over. I HAVE been in there on embark day, so it should at least be open.
    2025 Wishlist:
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:48 pm

Pellaz wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:45 pm
    cegr80 wrote: LOL, I remember I went to the Windjammer once cuz I was craving for a burger and made myself one. I was lit so the burger tasted like glory :lol:
    You must have been REALLY lit, then. I haven't had a hamburger THAT bad since high-school. :shock:
    cowboy71 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:30 pm I think Viking Crown sounds like a great idea.

If everyone wants to take that "risk" :D , then hey, Viking Crown is cool with me. It's a pretty nifty, under-used spot.
    It IS tricky to get to, though. I think the starboard aft elevators are the only ones that go that high, so if you get on the other elevators, just hop off at some point and walk over. I HAVE been in there on embark day, so it should at least be open.
    Yea, it always open. Andy has his office setup in a private wing in the section of the ship, but the main area is always open. Maybe we can ask Andy or somehow get word to the ship that ‘it would be good if the bar were open’.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:51 pm

Bob wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Plenty of space
    Almost always very quite

Viking Crown Lounge, noice! A place I've never seen on the boat.
    They have used it for some of the bigger band meet'n'greets but I think I only went up there for a M&G once.
    Royal has since dropped the "Viking Lounge" concept because, although a bar overlooking the ship is really cool, it's just a little out of the way and hard to get to. As we've seen, it tends to be underutilized.
    I wore my badge all day Thu and Fri, lots of compliments on it, and people called me by my name, (joke), cause it's my real name, haha, it was awesome. But by Sat it wouldn't stick anymore and was sad I had to ditch it.
    I left mine on my shirt for the entire first day and got a few nice comments (and puzzled looks) over it. Now it has been affixed to my bathroom mirror at the house, and there it shall stay for the rest of eternity. Or at least, until the adhesive wears off. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Sent a PM to Tom Couture on fb asking for our group photo. He hasn't replied yet
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:58 pm

Phoenix wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:27 am Already waiting to get on broad. As predicted, he is in fact wearing a Razor Ramon shirt :lol:
    Phoenix you got a few selfies with people in the bar right? I think you took one with me!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:10 pm

AstridDragon wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:58 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:27 am Already waiting to get on broad. As predicted, he is in fact wearing a Razor Ramon shirt :lol:
    Phoenix you got a few selfies with people in the bar right? I think you took one with me!
    I did get one worth keeping! I should post my 70k photos on Facebook...

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:20 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:31 pm Sent a PM to Tom Couture on fb asking for our group photo. He hasn't replied yet
    I knew it. My ugly visage broke his camera. R.I.P. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:06 am

AstridDragon wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:54 am Yeah I really want to see that group picture where we tried to get in circle first and then faced away from the bar!
    What's about de picture?
    #WhyNotGroupPicture
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:15 am

jeyrow wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:06 am
    AstridDragon wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:54 am Yeah I really want to see that group picture where we tried to get in circle first and then faced away from the bar!
    What's about de picture?
    #WhyNotGroupPicture
    I've been obsessively checking Tom Couture's website every day. He has created a 70k 2019 folder but no pictures have been uploaded yet.

@speedy took another picture, he might help us with that one
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:33 am

cegr80 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:15 am
    jeyrow wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:06 am
    What's about de picture?
    #WhyNotGroupPicture
    I've been obsessively checking Tom Couture's website every day. He has created a 70k 2019 folder but no pictures have been uploaded yet.

@speedy took another picture, he might help us with that one
    One of these days I'll pull my ass together and get it uploaded.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:10 am

Bumping the thread.
    Speedy wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:33 am One of these days I'll pull my ass together and get it uploaded.
    Anything would be appreciated at this point.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Speedy, please put us out of our misery. This Tom Couture guy hasn't posted shit on his website
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:07 pm

cegr80 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:57 pm Speedy, please put us out of our misery. This Tom Couture guy hasn't posted shit on his website
    Yes, please.

(Maybe I really DID break Tom C.'s camera. :shock: :lol: )
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:27 pm

Fear not, people! Behold the 2019 70K Forum Users' group pic:

Thanks to slayergeek for sharing it on Facebook. Photo credit goes to Mike Johnston of UMC who provided the picture
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:27 am

cegr80 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:27 pm Fear not, people! Behold the 2019 70K Forum Users' group pic:

Thanks to slayergeek for sharing it on Facebook. Photo credit goes to Mike Johnston of UMC who provided the picture
    Huzzah! And there was much rejoicing! :lol: :bangers:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:25 pm

Finally got my photo as well. Apologies for the fisheye lens making it look like everyone have giant calves.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:33 pm

Wonderful picture, Speedy! I knew it was gonna turn up awesome :cheers:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:27 pm

Awesome photo Speedy! Was definitely worth the effort (and the wait!!)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:22 am

Speedy that's awesome! Thanks :)
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:13 am

I MISS Y'ALL :cry:
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:52 am

Don't fret. I will see you tonight!
    cegr80 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:13 am I MISS Y'ALL :cry:
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
Post Reply 250 posts