Post Reply 708 posts
2020 Wishlist (Repeats & 1st Timers)
    Cardest
    Midshipman

Re: 2020 Wishlist (Repeats & 1st Timers)

by Cardest » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:46 pm

I wonder if we'll see Sacred Reich on this cruise.
    I last saw them in 1994, opening for Sepultura!
    I would enjoy to see them again.

And... VIO-LENCE!!
    I've never seen them live!
    I would very much love to.
    Sean seems to be in better health atm. Let's take advantage of that.
    We're any day from band announcements, surely, so let's start with a few first timers!

Survivor:
    2020 (let's roll)

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Welli
    Oiler

by Welli » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:42 am

2020 Wishlist

Alestorm
    Burning Witches
    Cor Scorpii
    Dark Moor
    Ethereal Sin
    Firtan
    Fogalord
    Frosttide
    Heathen Foray
    Moonsorrow
    Myrath
    Powerwolf
    Saint Deamon
    Thornbridge
    Trollfest
    Turisas
    Winterstorm
    Wintersun
  • dcmetal02
    Oiler

by dcmetal02 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:34 am

2020 Wishlist:

Aetherian
    Anaal Nathrakh
    Beast in Black
    Be'lakor
    Cult of Luna
    Elvenking
    Fractal Gates
    Harakiri for the sky
    Heaven Shall Burn
    Hypocrisy
    In Flames
    In Mourning
    Moonsorrow
    Moonspell
    Nothgard
    October Tide
    Orden Ogan
    Orphaned Land
    Powerwolf
    Primordial
    Rotting Christ
    Samael
    Satyricon
    Skeletonwitch
    Shape of Despair
    Swallow the Sun
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:28 pm

First post-submission-to-skipper update.

Latest entries put us up to 148 individuals now, 5,497 requests in total, 1,553 unique acts requested.

Going down to 12 or more gives us the top 101, with the weighting in favour of repeats 66 to 35.

Note that ORANGE are bands that have NOT been on previously.

76 Amon Amarth

51 Alestorm

49 Amorphis, Blind Guardian

42 Be'lakor

39 Sabaton

38 Powerwolf

37 Gojira, Insomnium

34 Rotting Christ, Wintersun

33 Iced Earth

31 Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir

30 Dark Tranquillity, Emperor

28 Turisas

27 Candlemass, Dragonforce

26 Epica, Finntroll, Nightwish

25 Borknagar, Edguy, Moonspell, Opeth, Wolfheart

24 Avantasia, Hypocrisy, Moonsorrow, Omnium Gatherum, Orden Ogan

23 Demons & Wizards, Testament

22 Beast in Black, Children of Bodom, Helloween, Kreator, Mgla, Stratovarius

21 Death Angel, Equilibrium, Hammerfall, Katatonia, Primordial

20 Allegaeon, At The Gates, Korpiklaani

19 Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Lacuna Coil, Orphaned Land

18 Aether Realm, Anaal Nathrakh, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, King Diamond, Melechesh, Myrath, Soilwork, Symphony X, Tribulation, Within Temptation

17 Aeternam, Battle Beast, Carcass, Ihsahn, Saltatio Mortis, Therion

16 Dalriada, Enslaved, Immortal, Septicflesh

15 Carach Angren, My Dying Bride, Swallow The Sun, Triptykon

14 Abbath, Amaranthe, Arch Enemy, Draconian, Harakiri for the Sky, In Flames, Jinjer, Myrkur, Power Trip, Trollfest

13 Ancient Bards, Brymir, Dismember, Gamma Ray, November's Doom, Running Wild, Satyricon, Skeletonwitch, Sonata Arctica, Tankard, The Crown, Vader

12 Einherjer, Meshuggah, Wolves in the Throne Room
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:28 pm

I'm not typically a thrash fan, but I'm gonna throw EXHORDER on my wishlist :shred:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:42 am

We urgently need some Old-School-Thrash and -Death Bands!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like:

Infernal Majesty
    Benediction
    Dismember
    Atheist
    Anthrax
    Overkill
    Razor
    Nasty Savage
    Heathen
    Forbidden
    Exhorder
    Demolition Hammer
    Massacra

And some US-Metal as well!

Helstar
    Attacker
    Omen
    Vicious Rumours
    Meliah Rage

And last but not least some Doom:

Candlemass
    Trouble
    Solstice
    Below
    Procession
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:08 am

In no particular order, some of the bands I'ld like to see on next year's cruise:

J.B.O.
    Excelsis
    Demons & Wizards
    Wind Rose
    Aelstorm
    Epica
    Hammerfall
    Therion
    Trollfest
    Korpiklaani
    Feuerschwanz
    Finntroll
    Iced Earth
    Edguy
    Kvelertak
    Nightwish
    In Extremo
    Grailknights
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:20 am

Adding Myrath, a discovery of my wife. Tunesian Metal with oriental influences in their music. Interesting.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:46 pm

Amalu wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:20 am Adding Myrath, a discovery of my wife. Tunesian Metal with oriental influences in their music. Interesting.
    Saw them at ProgPower USA. Really great show, too. I'd love to see 'em again. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:56 am

Pellaz wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:46 pm Saw them at ProgPower USA. Really great show, too. I'd love to see 'em again. :headbanger:
    I have planned them for this weekend at Wacken
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:32 am

Infernal Majesty
    Benediction
    Dismember
    Satan
    Martin Walkyier...plays Sabbat or Sklyclad
    Massacra
    Atheist
    Anthrax
    Overkill
    Razor
    Nasty Savage
    Heathen
    Forbidden
    Exhorder
    Demolition Hammer
    Helstar
    Attacker
    Omen
    Vicious Rumours
    Meliah Rage
    Candlemass
    Trouble
    Solstice
    Below
    Procession
    Vltimas
    Memoriam

Survivor 2011, 2014, 2015 ...and soon 2020 from Austria :shred: :metalguy:
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:31 pm

MERCYFUL FATE is back, playing Europe in June, and Wacken.
    Holy. Shit.
    January seems a bit early for them to be ready, but I added them to my sig anyway.
    Now *that* would be a first announcement worthy of #RoundX!
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:48 am

Mgła announced that their new album will be named Age of Excuse and released a song yesterday:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ryOwlXkP4

Andy, please bring them on broad ;)
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:28 pm

Adding SELLSWORD to my wishlist

"Seriously Unserious Power Metal"

My kind of metal :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:00 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:28 pm Adding SELLSWORD to my wishlist
    "Seriously Unserious Power Metal"
    My kind of metal :D
    Andy: "Well, I tried to book them, but their guarantee was too high...almost like they were mercenaries or something, looking for serious loot." :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:52 am

Since it seems they still might be taking requests, don't think I ever posted my list on here yet.

EMPEROR
    DISMEMBER
    Meliah Rage
    Uncle Slam
    Laaz Rockit
    Arcturus
    Bal Sagoth
    Agent Steel
    Borknagar
    Vio-Lence
    Cities
    Mercyful Fate
    Hallow's Eve
    Dark Fortress
    Limbonic Art
    Lord Belial
    Tankard
    Holy Moses
    Protector
    Exodus
    Possessed
    Abbath
    Immortal
    Gehenna
    Fate's Warning
    Dark Angel
    Atheist
    Devastation
    Deathrow
    Realm
    S.O.D.
    Infernal Majesty
    Living Death
    Mekong Delta
    Mortal Sin
    Zoetrope
    Xentrix
    Uriah Heep
    RUNNING WILD
    Cancer
    Sacramentum
    Neifelheim
    Necrophobic
    Necronomicon (Germany)
    Mortuary Drape
    Morrigan
    Pagan Altar
    Paradox (Germany)
    Piledriver
    Powermad
    Primordial
    Sabbat (UK)
    Sabbat (JP)
    Risk (Germany)
    Setherial
    Shadow Gallery
    Solstice (UK)
    Solstice (US)
    Strapping Young Lad
    Devin Townsend
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:07 pm

*checks master list*

Nope you haven't! And here's a sweet little number for you - you are the 150th unique user to post a wishlist for 2020 here.

And lets face it - there are none more unique than you :)
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:52 am Since it seems they still might be taking requests, don't think I ever posted my list on here yet.

EMPEROR
    DISMEMBER
    Meliah Rage
    Uncle Slam
    Laaz Rockit
    Arcturus
    Bal Sagoth
    Agent Steel
    Borknagar
    Vio-Lence
    Cities
    Mercyful Fate
    Hallow's Eve
    Dark Fortress
    Limbonic Art
    Lord Belial
    Tankard
    Holy Moses
    Protector
    Exodus
    Possessed
    Abbath
    Immortal
    Gehenna
    Fate's Warning
    Dark Angel
    Atheist
    Devastation
    Deathrow
    Realm
    S.O.D.
    Infernal Majesty
    Living Death
    Mekong Delta
    Mortal Sin
    Zoetrope
    Xentrix
    Uriah Heep
    RUNNING WILD
    Cancer
    Sacramentum
    Neifelheim
    Necrophobic
    Necronomicon (Germany)
    Mortuary Drape
    Morrigan
    Pagan Altar
    Paradox (Germany)
    Piledriver
    Powermad
    Primordial
    Sabbat (UK)
    Sabbat (JP)
    Risk (Germany)
    Setherial
    Shadow Gallery
    Solstice (UK)
    Solstice (US)
    Strapping Young Lad
    Devin Townsend
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:19 pm

Minor update

Latest entries put us up to 150 individuals now, 5,580 requests in total, 1,581 unique acts requested.

Going down to 12 or more gives still gives us the top 101, with the weighting in favour of repeats 66 to 35. So no new bands added to the list but a bit of shuffling of places here and there.

76 Amon Amarth

52 Alestorm

49 Amorphis, Blind Guardian

42 Be'lakor

39 Sabaton

38 Powerwolf

37 Gojira, Insomnium

34 Iced Earth, Rotting Christ, Wintersun

31 Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor

30 Dark Tranquillity

28 Turisas

27 Candlemass, Dragonforce, Epica, Finntroll, Nightwish

26 Borknagar, Edguy

25 Moonspell, Opeth, Wolfheart

24 Avantasia, Demons & Wizards, Hypocrisy, Moonsorrow, Omnium Gatherum, Orden Ogan

23 Mgla, Testament

22 Beast in Black, Children of Bodom, Hammerfall, Helloween, Kreator, Primordial, Stratovarius

21 Death Angel, Equilibrium, Katatonia, Korpiklaani

20 Allegaeon, At The Gates

19 Devin Townsend, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Lacuna Coil, Myrath, Orphaned Land

18 Aether Realm, Anaal Nathrakh, Chthonic, King Diamond, Melechesh, Soilwork, Symphony X, Therion, Tribulation, Within Temptation

17 Aeternam, Battle Beast, Carcass, Ihsahn, Immortal, Saltatio Mortis

16 Dalriada, Enslaved, Septicflesh

15 Abbath, Carach Angren, My Dying Bride, Swallow The Sun, Triptykon, Trollfest

14 Amaranthe, Arch Enemy, Dismember, Draconian, Harakiri for the Sky, In Flames, Jinjer, Myrkur, Power Trip, Running Wild, Tankard

13 Ancient Bards, Brymir, Gamma Ray, November's Doom, Satyricon, Skeletonwitch, Sonata Arctica, The Crown, Vader

12 Einherjer, Meshuggah, Wolves in the Throne Room
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:53 am

Pellaz wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:46 pm Saw them at ProgPower USA. Really great show, too. I'd love to see 'em again. :headbanger:
    There show was indeed great! I've never seen magic tricks performed on a metal stage.

My wife loved the dancer they had. She danced Tribal Fusion Style which is exactly what my wife has been dancing for more then a decade now.

Would be nice to see them on the boat.

I want to add Mägo de Oz, spanish folk metal to my list.
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:57 am

We want to have Mercyful Fate on board! :shred: :shred: :metalguy: :belly: :wank: :bmhorns:

Survivor:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:17 pm

Godflesh wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:31 pm MERCYFUL FATE is back, playing Europe in June, and Wacken.
    Holy. Shit.
    January seems a bit early for them to be ready, but I added them to my sig anyway.
    Now *that* would be a first announcement worthy of #RoundX!
    Yeah, that would more likely be a 2021 cruise signing if Andy could get them. Would be quite the "HOLY SHIT!" announcement though.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:24 pm

In all massive bouts of honesty, I am surprised there's not more wishes for Grand Magus

I've never seen them live.
    They've never been on broad.

Can we get 12+ wishes sailors?

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:29 pm

A new wish: Spiritual Beggars

I guess there aren't too many others wishing so far, but maybe we can get a special set from them.

They are playing shows again, Sweden and Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNy5aNL ... e=youtu.be

Check them out!

Bring on broad Skip!
    Takk

Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:18 pm

I don't recall if I have already said this but, hope to see Frozen Crown on the 2020 boat

Fast growing on me, this band. I think they'll love to be among us fans and embrace the whole vibe.

Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:50 am

Maybe there's time to get a few more wish list bands in. Not all 60 bands are confirmed behind closed doors.

Another, Frozen Crown

Growing on me more and more by the day.

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:09 am

Cardest wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:50 am Maybe there's time to get a few more wish list bands in. Not all 60 bands are confirmed behind closed doors.

Another, Frozen Crown

LOVE those kids! REALLY hope they are on broad.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:35 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:09 am
    Cardest wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:50 am Maybe there's time to get a few more wish list bands in. Not all 60 bands are confirmed behind closed doors.

Another, Frozen Crown

Totally!
    Such talent too!

Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:01 am

Cardest wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:35 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:09 am

Another, Frozen Crown

Totally!
    Such talent too!
    I have nothing meaningful to add other than fuck yeah
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • entackledep
    Wiper

by entackledep » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:25 am

Aether Realm
    Alestorm
    Audrey Horne
    Amon Amarth
    Be'lakor
    Belzebubs
    Blind Guardian
    Biohazard
    Bucovina
    Byzantine brazreader
    Dalriada
    Dirty Shirt
    Einherjer
    Exit Eden
    Fractal Gates
    Ghoultown
    Gojira
    Grand Magus
    Immortal
    Last edited by entackledep on Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Minor update

Latest entries put us up to 151 individuals now, 5,605 requests in total, 1,581 unique acts requested.

Going down to 12 or more gives still gives us the top 101, with the weighting in favour of repeats 66 to 35. So no new bands added to the list but a bit of shuffling of places here and there.

77 Amon Amarth

53 Alestorm

50 Blind Guardian

49 Amorphis

43 Be'lakor

39 Sabaton

38 Gojira, Powerwolf

37 Insomnium

34 Iced Earth, Rotting Christ, Wintersun

31 Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor

30 Dark Tranquillity

28 Turisas

27 Candlemass, Dragonforce, Epica, Finntroll, Nightwish

26 Borknagar, Edguy

25 Moonspell, Opeth, Wolfheart

24 Avantasia, Demons & Wizards, Hypocrisy, Moonsorrow, Omnium Gatherum, Orden Ogan

23 Mgla, Testament

22 Beast in Black, Children of Bodom, Hammerfall, Helloween, Kreator, Primordial, Stratovarius

21 Death Angel, Equilibrium, Katatonia, Korpiklaani

20 Allegaeon, At The Gates

19 Aether Realm, Devin Townsend, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Lacuna Coil, Myrath, Orphaned Land

18 Anaal Nathrakh, Chthonic, Immortal, King Diamond, Melechesh, Soilwork, Symphony X, Therion, Tribulation, Within Temptation

17 Aeternam, Battle Beast, Carcass, Dalriada, Ihsahn, Saltatio Mortis

16 Enslaved, Septicflesh

15 Abbath, Carach Angren, My Dying Bride, Swallow The Sun, Triptykon, Trollfest

14 Amaranthe, Arch Enemy, Dismember, Draconian, Harakiri for the Sky, In Flames, Jinjer, Myrkur, Power Trip, Running Wild, Tankard

13 Ancient Bards, Brymir, Einherjer, Gamma Ray, November's Doom, Satyricon, Skeletonwitch, Sonata Arctica, The Crown, Vader

12 Meshuggah, Wolves in the Throne Room
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Few interesting things about the wishlist!

- Our #1, Amon Amarth now on 77. Same number as last year!
    - 11 bands, on 11, just outside the top 101
    - 846 artists on 1 'vote' each!

Top 10 for 2019
    Amon Amarth
    Dimmu Borgir
    Blind Guardian
    Ne Obliviscaris
    Wintersun
    Eluveitie
    Gojira
    Ensiferum
    Behemoth
    Powerwolf

Top 10 for 2020
    Amon Amarth
    Alestorm
    Blind Guardian
    Amorphis
    Be'lakor
    Sabaton
    Gojira 
    Powerwolf
    Insomnium
    Iced Earth

From our previous top 10, we got one Virgin (NeO) and two veterans (Eluveitie and Ensiferum). If you could have 1 newbie (Be'lakor, Gojira, and Powerwolf) and 2 veterans from this year who would you choose?

Definitely Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, and Powerwolf for me :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:20 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:18 pm From our previous top 10, we got one Virgin (NeO) and two veterans (Eluveitie and Ensiferum). If you could have 1 newbie (Be'lakor, Gojira, and Powerwolf) and 2 veterans from this year who would you choose?
    For me? Would have to be Be'lakor, Amorphis, and Insomnium

With apologies to Powerwolf and Sabaton
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:37 pm

Thought it's about time I came out of my cave and see what the lineup gods might do for me.

#whynot...

Æther Realm
    Alkaloid
    Annihilator
    Battlebeast
    Beast in black
    Cage
    Candlemass
    Carach Angren
    Dalriada
    Enforcer
    Equilibrium
    Falkenbach
    Fejd
    Forteresse
    Freedom Call
    Ghoul
    Grimner
    Guardians Of Time
    Haggard
    Hellripper
    Hibria
    Holy Grail
    Iron Griffin
    Jag Panzer
    Krux
    Mercyful Fate
    Metal church
    Metalian
    Nocturnal Rites
    Overkill
    Pathfinder
    Riot City
    Septicflesh
    Sulphur Aeon
    Tankard
    Threshold
    Triosphere
    Uli jon roth
    Visigoth
    Vreid
    Wolf

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:37 am

entackledep wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:25 am Aether Realm
    Alestorm
    Audrey Horne
    Amon Amarth
    Be'lakor
    Belzebubs
    Blind Guardian
    Biohazard
    Bucovina
    Byzantine
    Dalriada
    Dirty Shirt
    Einherjer
    Exit Eden
    Fractal Gates
    Ghoultown
    Gojira
    Grand Magus
    Immortal
    You forgot Aephanemer at the top of your wishlist... or is it mine ? It's the exact same bands as mine, just cut short after Immortal :o
    Either we have the very same tastes or... ?
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:43 am

entackledep wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:25 am Ghoultown
    Oh man, I don't even know if they're still active, but they were awesome when we booked them for DragonCon in Atlanta years ago.

Fun but sad fact: "Count Lyle" told me he brought home more in royalties from Ghoultown (on BMI) than he ever did with Solitude Aeternus (on ASCAP), despite Solitude being a much "bigger" band.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:54 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:18 pm Top 10 for 2019
    Amon Amarth
    Dimmu Borgir
    Blind Guardian
    Ne Obliviscaris
    Wintersun
    Eluveitie
    Gojira
    Ensiferum
    Behemoth
    Powerwolf

Top 10 for 2020
    Amon Amarth
    Alestorm
    Blind Guardian
    Amorphis
    Be'lakor
    Sabaton
    Gojira 
    Powerwolf
    Insomnium
    Iced Earth
    Wow, quite a lot of movement there, with Dimmu and Wintersun both dropping out of the top 10.
    From our previous top 10, we got one Virgin (NeO) and two veterans (Eluveitie and Ensiferum). If you could have 1 newbie (Be'lakor, Gojira, and Powerwolf) and 2 veterans from this year who would you choose?

Definitely Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, and Powerwolf for me :)
    For me, Be'Lakor, Amon Amarth and Insomnium...although Blind Guardian and Sabaton would be just about even with those.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:13 pm

I’m officially adding GUTALAX to my wish list (just discovered them from the Brutal Assault reports, and I love them), even though between a show at 5:15am and a show in the Lounge, I would probably never actually *see* them if they were onbroad.
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:02 pm

1st Timers:
    Shadow Of Intent
    Virgin Black
    Nightrage
    Into Eternity
    Kalisia
    Ex Deo
    Hypocrisy
    Incantation
    Sulphur Aeon
    Negura Bunget
    Disarmonia Mundi

Repeats:
    Epica
    Lacuna Coil
    Behemoth
    Insomnium
    Fear Factory
    Psychostick
    Cripper
    Septicflesh
    Turisas
    Anaal Nathrakh
    Unleashed
    Moonspell
    Therion. ALWAYS THERION
    Aeternam
    Benighted
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    My Dying Bride
    Naglfar
    Obscura
    Melechesh
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:03 am

With all this annoying silence that is pissing everyone off, may as well throw in some wish list bands on here until the bands actually start coming along.

3 reasons I like Traveler.
    1. It's the same name as the awesome track by Devin Townsend
    2. I am a Traveler!
    3. Great debut album!

Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:05 am

Vuur!

This would be Vuury cool!
    Please!

I have never seen Anneke live before!

Post Reply 708 posts